Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where'd This Call Come From

Location: Uncharted system between the Parnabe and Alchenaut sectors
Equipmeint: Nargon Holocron, lightsaber, Fur-line coat
Tags: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

It had been a little while since meeting with Jedi on Jedha. Liam was glad to have his ship recovered for him and with a better idea of what the New Jedi Order stood for, he continued his adventure through life. He was troubled by the visions that he saw during his duel on Thule, and as a result he decided to travel as far as he could away from the destination that put him on a collision course with the darkside. The planet of his birth and where he suspected his mother would be, Taris.

Rather than set off to clear up the visions that were still troubling him, Liam took his ship and holocron and started off towards the territories of the Rimward Trade League. There were other Jedi there. Some that he might gain a different side of the lightside and the purpose of the Jedi. Liam liked Valery Noble Valery Noble , and the other Jedi that he had met from the New Jedi Order, but he felt there was more out there for him to learn. And he still heard the voice of his distant ancestors that warned against joining the Order. Of course their experiences were based on the old Order, but that was hard for a young man like Liam to distinguish sometimes.

The young man was relaxed in his pilot’s chair in hyperspace somewhere between Nkllon and Qat Chrystac. An area of the galaxy known for mining, but not much else in the way of civilization. So it was with great surprise that Liam’s instruments chimed at having received a long range hyperspace distress call. Liam was never one to leave one in distress without at least trying to help, so he quickly sat up and started the necessary steps to bring his ship out of hyperspace safely.

Continuing on his original course, at a much slower pace, Liam started punching buttons on his comm controls to zero in on just where the distress call was coming from. The source was a small moon orbiting a planet that didn’t appear on Liam’s charts. Not able to distinguish anything else but that Liam changed course towards the moon and before he knew it he was flying through a thick breathable atmosphere trying to get a further lock on the call.

Continuing to follow the comm signal, Liam eventually hovered over a crashed ship. Corvette or maybe a little smaller, but certainly bigger than his own. Liam landed and powered down his ship and walked off towards the wreckage. ”Hello? Anyone here? I am responding to a distress beacon.” The wreckage was not old by Liam’s estimate, but there didn’t appear to be anyone present.

Lily1_1.png

Lily2_1.png
Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Crossguard Lightsaber
Tags: Liam Nargon Liam Nargon

Lily wasn't getting the finesse of flying a ship. Sure she could do the basics, she could ensure that she landed safely and didn't damage her ship. However, developing the skills of a pro-flyer that could handle any of the challenges that another skilled pilot could throw at them. That was eluding Lily whenever she attempted to practice. For the most part, she stuck in the GA space, learning from her previous error of training outside the space that was safe for her. It meant that she couldn't surprise Briana with her improvements as much as Lily had hoped to but that was for the best, it was sensible to demonstrate to everyone that she had learnt her lesson from the Mandalorian experience and she was going to ensure she did not make the same errors. Better to learn from her mistakes than doomed to repeat and all.

Then a distress call came over her comms. It wasn't one that she recognised but it was something she had caught her attention and she felt the pull to offer her assistance to the matter. Flicking her switches and locking onto the location of the distress signal, she found the location and sent a message to her Master. Informing her of where Lily was going to be, and why she was heading there, just in case it was a trap or she got caught in a bad situation and needed help. "
Right, now we got to check the hyperdrive engaged, looks to be a breathable atmosphere from records." Lily muttered to herself, adjusting the controls and sorting out everything to ensure a smooth jump.

Then she punched it.

Hitting hyperspace was always thrilling, the way everything looked and the peaceful time that she got from the short travel was also pleasant. Gave Lily a chance to collect her thoughts, to ensure that she didn't jump into things without preparing herself and allowed Lily to centre her emotions as well. Meditating wasn't easy, at least not unless she was practicing some combat meditation but she didn't have time to jump into that. At least not the time to change into her workout attire, meditate and then change back. So, she just attempted to keep practicing the meditation that was traditionally preferred by the Jedi.

Arriving at the location, Lily sighed, her meditation was riddled with distractions and complications due to weird dreams of her family. However, Lily centred herself and grabbed her Lightsaber. There was someone already at the crash site. Unsure if they were friend or foe, Lily approached cautiously, stepping slowly and with deliberate movements to not raise attention until she was ready to assess the situation. As she got closer, she could sense the Force surrounding the other person, it seemed to be Light Side focused. Breathing in, Lily relaxed a little and coughed politely to draw attention. "
Hi, here about the distress signal as well?" Lily asked, wondering what they might have found already.

As he continued to look around Liam felt another presence. He had hoped it would be a survivor from the crash. Whoever it was, the presence had the distinct warmth of the light side of the Force. Liam started to turn towards the cough, when the female voice followed calling out that she was also responding to the distress signal, Liam was a little disappointed, but also grateful for some help coming to get to the bottom of what was going on here.

Liam knew that Jedi came in all shapes and sizes, but he had to admit he was caught a little off guard by the striking appearance of the newcomer. He had never met a Echani before, so he didn’t know to attribute her long pure white hair and silvery eyes. After standing and blinking for a brief moment, Liam realized that he had been in the presence of pretty girls before and needed to act accordingly.

”Um. Well didn’t expect to have company from offworld so soon,” Liam responded timidly. ”I’m Liam Nargon. Was passing along and picked up the signal. From there it has been a complete mystery. My ship’s sensors can’t find any sign of life. Of course my ship could use some updates, but since you’re starting here, I’m going to assume that you didn’t check, or didn’t see anything either.”

Liam took a step towards the young woman, her sensation in the Force, attire and the presence of a lightsaber had him guess she was a Jedi. A smirk formed on his lips at that thought. He would probably think the same of himself and he would be wrong. He extended his hand offering a handshake to accompany his awkward introduction.

”The ship is completely perplexing to me,” Liam continued. ”I can’t ascertain the model or even manufacturer. No obvious markings. As I said previously, no life signs. But what is really strange is that it doesn’t appear that it has been here for more than a few months. I couldn’t find a name or history for the planet, but we’re not completely separated from civilization. So how is it that no one has come before now?” Liam shrugged his summary of what he had found had gained him confidence, which started to show in his tone. ”I was about to go inside and see if I couldn't find any clues. There is strength in numbers if you want to come along.”

Lily1_1.png

Lily2_1.png

Her shoulders relaxed somewhat after seeing the other guy not intense up or appear ready to fight her. While he had the look of a Jedi, deception was a common tool of the Sith. Placing her hands on her hips, her steel gaze scanned over the environment. "
I didn't do a long range scan since I detected you and figured I needed to assess what you were doing here and whether or not you were the one sending the signal." Walking around, she sought to understand what happened. There were no obvious damage to cause this ship to crash in the state it is in. "There should be a black box. A record of what happened just before the crash."

Stepping towards the ship, "
Lily Decoria. Jedi Padawan, part of the New Jedi Order." Lily responded upon hearing Liam's name. "Not part of the NJO yourself?" She asked since she had never seen him around the temples when she was training.

"
Time could work differently on this world. What feels mere minutes could be actually years and minutes could be years." It was confusing to think too long about, however, there was every possibility that this ship seemed not to be here long and was in fact there much longer than either of them knew. "Lead the way." Lily gestured, she was curious about what was going on here and wanted to stick with a friendly face rather than separate.

Liam gave a light chuckle. ”Yeah, I suppose if I had come in after you I would have been focused on your obvious presence instead of seeking other information of the broader sort,” as Liam said this he wondered if he would have been able to focus his energies enough on a single thing that wouldn’t have seemed the cause of his arrival. But when the Jedi made the statement it seemed wise, so Liam didn’t feel the need to suggest anything different.

The suggestion of a black box was another thought that had not occured to Liam. Sure he knew they existed and that every production line ship would have one, but Liam was raised by a paranoid bounty hunter/thug in the outer rim. The first thing that Liam was taught was to disable or remove anything that would keep tabs on him. Sure it meant that the owner of the ship needed to be more intune with the mechanical welfare of the ship instead of leaning on the computer, but Liam had just always done it that way. ”The ship certainly looks mass produced, a black box is certainly a good probability. I assume we’ll find it in engineering somewhere. Never worked on anything bigger than my ancient U-Wing myself.”

Liam gave the girl a smile when she gave her name and nodded his head at her title and belonging to the NJO. ”Technically I am not a Jedi. For generations from the Great Galactic War to the Clone Wars my family served the galaxy in what I guess was the Old Jedi Order…” Liam gave a nervous chuckle and placed his hand on the back of his neck, a nervous tick that had been passed through he Nargon bloodline as well. ”I may have stated to the Masters that I was being taught by a wayseeker, truth is the only real knowledge I have is a family holocron…which has warned against committing to the Order. Though from what I have seen so far the New is a lot different from the Old.”

Liam gave a quick look around at the suggestion that they may have entered some type of time disruption. He supposed it was possible, and now found himself really hoping that if that was the case it would be longer here than in the outside galaxy. He had a lot to do and really didn’t want to leave this place to find the galaxy completely changed again. When told to lead the way, Liam gave a nod and moved towards the first obvious entrance point to the vessel. ”I wonder if we would feel that sort of change in time…” Liam pondered aloud as he made it to the hatch and pressed the button to open the door.

”Under what authorization do you seek entry to X-Guard corvette number CX-017?” a mechanical voice sounded as a red light appeared on the control box for the door.

Liam gave Lily a concerned look and shrugged. ”I assume it’s best to tell the truth?” he seemed unsure, but Lily had stated she would follow his lead. ”We are…um…Jedi responding to the active distress signal coming from this vessel,” Liam stated and waited for a response. ”Well it’s mostly true. You’re a Jedi, and I’ve received training…” he continued to her with another nervous smile.

”This computes. Welcome Masters Jedi. If you have questions of me you can refer to me as Seventeen. I am the avatar of this ship. Though it appears at this time I have been locked out of my own data stores. I only have access to my initial programming. There was a manual override performed at some point after arriving here.”

Liam nodded towards the bodyless voice and turned to Lily with a quizzical look on his face. ”I’m not the only one who thinks it is odd that someone locked the computer from knowledge instead of locking others from the computer am I?” he questioned. ”Seventeen. Can you guide us to engineering? I’m assuming that is in your initial programming?”

As soon as Liam and Lily entered the ship, lights illuminated on the floors. ”Of course the ship’s layout was the first thing required of me to know. Follow the floor lights, they will be yellow when only one path exists. When you are to choose the correct hallway will be lit as green and others will be red.”

Liam nodded again. ”Let’s hope the person or people who locked out Seventeen didn’t make off with the black box too,” he said to Lily as he started to follow the illuminated path.

Nodding herself, "shame I didn't have an astromech with me to do the scans now that I know you are investigating the scene like me." Lily sighed, if she had a companion like her aunt did this could have been ideal for them, but alas, she hadn't been able to find a droid that could keep up nor one that she felt any real ties to. Not like her Master and Aunt had with their droid companions.

"Sounds right. I have experience mostly with single seated fighters and a few ships slightly bigger but nothing this size really." Lily responded, sharing where her expertise laid in comparison to Liam. She listened to his explanation about not being a Jedi and how his life had Jedi ties for thousands of years, it was strange to see someone with such a long legacy in the Jedi Order. She was sure if went back far enough in her family history there would be some Jedi link but as far as her family were concerned her aunt and herself were the first two to demonstrate any Force affinity that the Jedi or Sith would find significant.

Lily noted the nervous tick and gave a polite smile in the hopes to ease him, "well, might be good to find a Master. They can be a lot of help in figuring out your powers and where your skills lie. Perhaps check out some of the Enclaves if you aren't comfortable with the New Jedi Order. They are smaller and not truly a part of the New Jedi Order so might be more in line with what your ancestors sought their descendants to train like." Lily shrugged, she had heard of the Enclaves from her Master and there was meant to be a number of skilled Jedi that operated them.

"Unlikely, most likely will be generations down the line. The New Jedi Order is relatively new in comparison to how old the Old Jedi Order was by the time it collapsed." Lily pointed out.

Checking out the room, Lily let Liam take the lead with the voice, instead inspecting the room for traps or anything dangerous that might be lurking around. It was important to clear a room out, especially since they had no idea what caused the damage to the ship.

"Sounds like something a person would do without the authorisation to lock out others." Easier to wipe the programming instead of attempting to crack in the correct level of authorisation to gatekeep the information from others. However, that was just Lily's guess, she had little ideas of how hacking truly worked, mostly the guesswork came from holofilms on it. "Probably to prevent the system reporting what occurred here after the crash." Tilting her head, an idea came to mind.

"Seventeen, do you have a log of previous users who accessed you?" Lily shrugged to Liam, "seems like a basic protocol, might be something it still has record of and could give us a name?" She mentioned to Liam.

Following behind Liam as he wandered the hallway of the ship, "trust in the Force. That's what the Masters always say, right?" Lily giggled a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom