Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to go from here

As days have gone by and inspiration has grown stagnant, both from lack of varied threads and a draining work schedule, it's become all too apparent to me that this character isn't headed in a way I'd been hoping for. That's not to bash character growth in general, just the fact that there really hasn't been any growth.

Part of that, most of that, is entirely on me. In being anxious to have a character just doing things, I believe I capitalized a bit too much on Cairyn's childish exterior, accidentally portraying him as more annoying than intended. Don't get me wrong, I'll happily be the annoying character if that means fun interactions, just as I'm absolutely in favor of the child being tortured and broken. I honestly care very little for the character's well being, as long as interaction happens. There lies the issue.

As I truly like the character and what ways I could go with the little brat, such as building him up only to kill him off in the most pathetic way I can, there's a couple things I've realized kinda need to happen, at least for my sake and character development.
  • Joining an active Sith-based faction, particularly one with a fair amount of OOC communication. Something to keep me accountable and invested.
  • Finding Cairyn a master. Heck, I'd take several. Like I said, I'm completely fine with him getting absolutely ripped to shreds, mentally and physically. The kiddo just needs to grow and I'm not comfortable just doing that via NPCs and solo threads.
  • More threads. Cairyn's at that point where he's a glorified punching bag. I'm okay with that, as long as it gets interactions. Sure, I'd like that to change eventually, but I'm really down for just about anything when it comes to getting more threads going. And, of course, I'm willing to start threads, just as long as I know said thread will actually happen.
Any suggestions/offers/advice would be most appreciated. I really don't want to abandon a character I've spent so much time trying to at least get an understanding of, but it's starting to look like there's not much for him. Granted, that's entirely on me because talking to people is just terrifying. I am but a small writer and just about all of you intimidate me.

Cairyn Midore said:
Joining an active Sith-based faction
I suggest the Sith Empire, which is pretty active and has a pretty active OOC communication by way of discord and their faction forums.

Cairyn Midore said:
More threads. Cairyn's at that point where he's a glorified punching bag.
We have a dominion thread or two up, along with faction threads and a soon-to-be-started invasion, all of which could provide ample character growth.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
[member="Cairyn Midore"]

I know you said Sith, but let's face it, in canon there's only one kind of Sith now, and that's my boys the Knights of Ren. The First Order are the largest dark side faction on the board, and are constantly looking for new writers to develop our mythos and conquer the Galaxy with.

We have a few masters IIRC who'd be more than happy to train your Sithling in the ways of the dark side, and develop him into a killing machine. Just ask [member="Samka Derith"] and [member="Kyrel Ren"].

We have a discord, which can provide round the clock OOC banter and a Q and A about us, our mission and our lore.

If you have any questions contact [member="Asharad Graush"], [member="Natasi Fortan"], [member="Rolf Amsel"] or [member="Torian Pierce"], and they'd be more than happy to answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom