Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the Gray Ghost Walks (Voss)

Veino Garn was dead. There had even been a state funeral on Susefvi and a private one in the Jensaarai encalve where his armor lay interred in a stone sarcophagi among his predecessors and beside his first Master. Oh, the funeral had been grand with delegates from the long dead Army of Light and Fel Imperium, representatives from several of the various Jedi orders, and some shady criminal looking folks who were whispered to be with the Underground. The Alliance gave him a funeral with full military honors for his service.

But he was alive. He had returned from the depths of his own consciousness that had melded with the Netherworld, known only to a few. But he had been different. Not the man they would have remembered. Something had happened in there- something he couldn't remember- but he had changed. All he knew was that he was not who he was supposed to be and that the Force was eluding him in ways he didn't understand. Veino had lost part of himself- the part that had made him Veino Garn, knight errant. His abilities and memories had changed- no longer was he the warrior he had once been. He remembered his life lessons and what he had learned, and now with the opportunity to start afresh, perhaps... the time had come for a different life.

Not one of armies and battles, no. One that had been him at his purest. A wanderer acting on his own for the good of those he encountered with nothing but himself, his lightsaber, and the Force. No back up. No fancy weapons. No armor. Those things had been all that he needed until he started adding more.

His first stop had been the far side of the galaxy. He had never gotten involved in Silver Sanctum space, so few would know him there, except comrades long-ago from the Jedi Order. He would take that risk and assess where he would go from there.

But these were all thoughts replaying through his mind as the ship settled with a hiss on the Voss space port. This would be a good place to start this- whatever would be. He'd gone back to the basics. Lightweight, quick drying travel pants, shirt of the same material, and a many-pocketed great-coat and a small pack. Just another grizzled old spacefarer looking for work.

A crowd bustled around him, attending their business and hardly sparing him a glance. Security guards patrolled- giving him more than a glance at times. Veino just smiled back.

It was all so overwhelming, so confusing. He couldn't feel things the way he used to. His empathy had entropied along with his Force connection and it was like being blind. The people in a corner? What were they feeling? Thinking? He couldn't sense any of that anymore and it was off-putting. But there was also something soothing about it.

But first, he needed to do some research on the Force. A quick hail and taxi ride later and he was over near the Silver Jedi Temple, slinging his pack on his back and striding towards it.

"Hello!" He called out as he approached, "I would like to research in the library! Can anyone help with that?" He needed research on the Netherworld and how it affected people.

Tags for info: [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

What... where am I?... Uh my head it feels like its' a meter think....

Welcome young healer, thank you for answering our summons....

Wha... who is that speaking and why can't I see you.

We are allies... friends to those who fight the slavers... you are safe worry not...

BB has no idea what was happening, the last thing he remembered was heading out of demonsgate to meet the King of Kesh and then poof, blackout city.

Worry not young healer, our request will not delay you from your task, we will see to your travel...

Feth you're in my head aren't you... I'm not awake am I...

Correct young healer, we speak to you in a waking dream... but soon the sleeper will need to awaken and complete his mission...

Mission, what mission?...

He is lost, confused... Seek out the knight errant... his shttered soul... a good soul calls to us....

Who is this knight guy... I mean how can I find someone when I have no idea who you are speaking of?...

When you wake you will know... we offer this to you and a gift... Take it and use it well...

BB didn't have time to ask another question due to the sudden and overwhelming amount of images and information flowing into his head. It was so much, to much to understand and before long his world went to black yet again.

BB vision was blurry when he next awoke, he eyelids felt like they weighted fifty kilograms. Willing them to open to found he was on his own bridge, that of the Shining Starr. As he studied the bridge his noticed Alexia was slumped over the controls. Trying to stand up and get to her he soon found his legs failing to respond in time to he instead stumbled forward and slammed into the back of her chair.

"Feth that hurt." he said after pulling his face from the hard metal.

Still trying to shake out the cobwebs he pulled himself back up to a standing position and saw Alexia was now starting to stir.

"What the kark was that?" she asked bluntly as usual.

"Hell if I know, Sady where are we?"

His faithful T7 droid didn't respond and BB looked over to see his oldest companion sitting motionless. Worried he stumbled over to her and thankfully found she was just stuck in sleep mode. A few quick adjustments to her circuits and Sady began her reboot and wake up.

"What planet is that?" Alexia said looking out the front view port.

BB ran over to the window, he needed to. Their was a singular thought that had been triggered in his mind.... Voss.

The Knight Errant ....

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

A Jedi stepped forward, examining him. Discreetly enough, Veino noted, surprised that he could still catch that information. But there was nothing to hide. His last lightsaber had been destroyed in the battle- crushed beneath a collapsing library. All he had was his travel gear and none of that was a threat. Certainly not to Jedi.

"What are you researching, traveler?" She asked finally after her studying.

"The Netherworld, the Force, and the relationships they have with the consciousness," Veino replied, lifting his chin. That was a sentence to be proud of. As far as he was aware, nobody in the entire universe had said it before. Word had it that there was nothing original (especially in holovids) but this might be the exception. The woman in front of him raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Well. Personal research or professional?"

"Personal," Veino replied after a though, "Don't know where it'll take me though."

The Jedi nodded and gestured for him to enter.

"A protocol droid will direct you to the library."

"Thank you," Veino replied, stepping into the building, waiting for a silver protocol droid to trundle over and lead him through the hallways to the library. Now this would be the interesting part. Delicate, extensive research to track down sources and then sources for sources. Hopefully, there were others who had had, at one point, experiences similar to his. There had to be clues somewhere. All he needed to was find them.

Then he paused. It had been a long time since his path had crossed with any of the Silver Jedi. Or Silver Jedi who used to be Republic Jedi. The Jedi and their endless internal politicking. He would never understand it. But perhaps some of them had ideas about where to search. There would be a time for that, but not today. He still had too much to learn about what had happened and who he was supposed to be.

He almost reached for his comlink, but then stopped. No, he was dead. If they ran into each other, so be it. At this point, he didn't see a reason to seek them out. No need for word to start spreading that he wan't fully dead.

He ran his fingers over the hull of the ship, a ship he had never seen before but somehow knew too well. It is his ship, the Knight Errant, he is here on Voss just as they showed him. BB closed his eyes and tried to control his thoughts but the memories of this man were swirling in his mind.

His face, those green eyes they haunted BB. This life he lived it was now hollow, grey, void of true color and substance. What could do this to a man? Shatter him and splinter a life. BB didn't understand, couldn't comprehend everything that now filled his consciousness. He only knew one thing, he had one mission driving him forward. He must find the Knight Errant...

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Minutes turned into hours and hours into days. Veino pored through the library, tracking references and cross-references, seeking out transcripts of missing datacrons and translations of texts written in languages long dead. The SSC were kind enough to let him a room to stay in while he pursued his studies- some coming to check on him, some to assist in his research, and some just to watch this mysterious stranger. There was something odd about him. Something not quite right and something almost ageless in his appearance, although none could set their finger on why. His face was too young for his demeanor? That could perhaps be it, or the scars that, under the right light, seemed to glow. Others said it was his eyes. The green was tinged with something else, something deeper beneath the surface like a cloud of white mist that softened and deepened the irises. Others nodded upon hearing that, but shook their head afterwards. That was ridiculous. It had to be his face.

But if anyone asked the man himself, he'd look up from whatever he was poring over give them a somewhat squinty, bewildered look for a few moments. Which was what was happening now a protocol droid had come to deliver some refreshment.

"Er, thank you," Veino said, looking back at the datacron. None of this was making any sense to him. The accounts were fragmented and contradictory with sometimes even the same documents referring to different explanations or happenings. He took the cup of tea and set it beside him and half-watched the ripples rebound against each other and the walls of the cup. He stopped to stare, temporarily forgetting the droid standing next to him.

Each movement, each cycle, changed as it interacted with the ripples around and before it- always growing and always changing. That seemed to be the nature of his search- to go back and find the moment he came back and see that specific ripple. He leaned back in the seat at the table and crossed his arms. How was that possible? He would need to see into the past. What would that take? Psychometry? Time travel? That wasn't possible.

Who were the leading Jedi scholars? That was his question now. He needed their advice on how to proceed and if his interpretation was accurate.

"Hmmph." He muttered, letting his head fall forward to rest on the table before pulling up the datapad to run a search. Jedi librarians. Jedi scholars. Knowledgeable Jedi. Anyone with knowledge of the esoteric and the mystical. A few names came up and one more came to mind. Matsu Ike. Phylis Alince. Jorus Merrill. He couldn't remember having ever met the first two, but he had definitely known Jorus. As far as Veino knew, Jorus thought he was dead. He was trustworthy though and knowledgeable. That would not be a message, however. Not like the other one he needed to compose.

The search for the one he needed to meet had turned into days of fruitless wondering. Barely able to eat or sleep he came upon the great temple of the jedi. BB could now feel the one he was searching for was close, and within the temple. As he approached BB removed his weapons and placed them on the ground, even though he had never been here before he somehow understood that entering armed would be wrong.

When he stood back up two of the temple guards were approaching him and BB called out to them.

"I'm looking for someone, I need to find him."

BB explained he was looking for a man of thirty or so, with hair of brown and eyes of green.

"I have a a message for him, something that belongs to him but was lost and now must be returned."

BB couldn't explain anymore but the sincerity of his tone must have carried some weigh as he was allowed to enter and shown to a room filled with tomes and other artifacts of knowledge. Sitting at a table was a man in simple travelers cloths who was looking at a datacron. BB at once recognized him even though the two had never met. BB staired with strange wonder at the man, is one would look at themselves in a mirror, and waited for the guards to leave them before he spoke up saying.

"Veino, I have a message for you..."

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Veino shifted. Something, or someone, was approaching. He felt familiar, like they had met long ago in the past. Who could it be though? Nobody who had known him before knew that he was here. He had certainly kept his profile low. Then a voice. One he had definitely never heard before.

"Veino, I have a message for you...." The young man said and Veino sat fully upright, turning to look. His face was tired and lined, but surprisingly young and the scars along his cheekbones shone with a faint gleam. Not enough to be overly bright or elusive. Just two solid lines. But how to answer this?

He frowned slightly. The time for him to return to the living had not yet arrived, so perhaps he would play it safe. "Veino? Veino Garn? Wasn't he one of the Jedi killed on Lujo?" He steepled his fingers and pushed the hair back out of his face. "Yeah, yeah, he was. Sorry. Your message is too late. Some of his relatives may wish to hear it."

The datacron sat in front of him and he let out a long breath. Research was hard. He was running out of energy and no food or energy could help this. Only sleep would make a difference but he had no idea how much time he had or if what had happened to him would expire and he would die again.

The kid had little time for these games, it was unnatural the burden he was now shouldering. As the two consciousnesses fought in his mind BB walked closer to the Veino saying.

"Any yet he lives doesn't he, torn apart and alone but somehow alive. He is searching for answers to questions he doesn't even know, but if he would only look up from his reading he would see himself in the man before him. I know this Vieno, because I now see with your own eyes. I must deliver this message to you, because I have no choice in the matter. What I have is not mine to keep and to hold it any longer is a burden I can not bare...."

"Stand and face me! Do not continue this foolishness any longer. Look into these eyes, the eyes of a stranger that house a shard of you..."

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

The words. Veino's shoulders slumped and his head drooped. Yes, that described him, to be certain. More than he wished to acknowledge, at any rate. His hair dropped in front of his eyes and he brushed it away, turning on the chair to look at the younger man- into his eyes as he requested. Veino's eyes were a pale green with lurking mist. So piece of him had gone missing. That was hy he felt as if his insides had been scooped out or gone missing. A lightsaber hilt without its crystal. Nothing but the exterior polished silver and set on a shelf to gather dust.

"So be it," Veino said quietly after a moment. "You're right- I am alive. Don't know why. I was killed on Lujo and came back."

He stood and gazed levelly at the boy. "Give me your message then and whatever part of me that you have."

What he had just said was beyond him, but it seemed to not tie into any of his research. It was another ripple then. One that was shaped by events in the past. Perhaps his earlier journey into the Netherworld prevented him from staying there again.

The essence inside of BB was now forcing itself out. It knew just as BB did that it was almost home. On pure instinct BB placed his left hand on Veino chest, his right on the top of the Knight Errant's head. An explosion of heat poured from BB arms and hands as the very force matter he carried now fled home to its rightful master. Visions of places BB had never seen came and went from his minds in flashes of color while a sound track of war thundered in his ears. BB had no idea of how much time passed in the transfer but as it ended time seemed to stand still as like sand in a hour glass the last drips of Veino transferred from BB.

A mixture of dizziness and exhaustion hit BB and with his task complete BB's body slumped to the floor unable to remain vertical any longer. With heavy breaths BB fought to bring his mind back into equilibrium. BB was now free his mission complete and all he wanted to do was lay on the floor and rest. It had been a very long week...

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Veino stiffened as the kid moved up and placed his hands on his chest and head. Out of old habit, his feet shifted apart to widen his stance and he dropped his weight, arms raising for a stance. Then he stopped himself just in time. Everything hit him in once- stampeding through the boy into his body. Memories and planets he had visited long ago. A glimpse of the Susefvi's blue sea. Alderaan's capital crushed and burning from the storm of darkness that tainted its surface and a giant worm. The genocide of Togoria- of fire and fear. Balmorra. Contruum. Coruscaunt and Lujo. Planets whose recent histories were written in blood and known through the stars. He had walked them all- stood amidst the flames of battle and war. A warrior among warriors who would battle the strongest Sith to bring them to their end.

But that had not who he had always been. He had once long ago traveled, not as a soldier, but one to aid and protect the innocent and helpless. As the flood continued to whirl through his mind. It became clearer. That was his purpose and his destiny- to be an endless nomad following the Force and events to bring the Light into even the darkest corners of the universe. And that he would do so once more for he sensed something dark, something dangerous brewing. Not near but far away on the other side of the galaxy. He would stand against the Dark once more.

But that would take time and training to become who he once was. Or perhaps, someone different this time. Someone who can bring hope and healing to those places hurt by war. Time and practice. Travel and experience. Just as he done before he had lost himself.

Then the visions faded and he stood on the floor watching as the young man crumpled to the floor. Veino knelt and touched the man's forehead. He lived and the Force was still strong within him. But he was exhausted.

Breath one. Breath two. Breath three. He found the still pool deep within him once more and stepped in. He couldn't plunge but he stood as the stillness swept into him and he reached out letting it slip into the boy. Then Veino stepped back, suddenly exhausted, but exhilarated.

Veino Garn, Knight Errant, had returned.

The exhaustion and trama of the event suddenly faded as BB mind was filled with a new found stillness. BB relaxed back can let his body go flat on the floor. A great weight had been lifted from him, his thoughts were his own once again and not intermixed with that of another. His mind was coming back into balance as it was not needing to hold that of another and he was beginning to feel like himself again.

As he stared at the ceiling BB felt different, he could "feel" more. It was like his senses had been expanded and the world around him was more vibrant. His breathing continued to slow and he closed his eyes. Colors of soothing blue appeared to him and he felt the force flow through him working its way into every cell of his body. The pathways through which the force traveled now seemed to open wider and BB could feel the strength of will returning to his beleaguered mind and body.

Without world BB raised up till he was sitting on his knees in a classic medication pose, it felt natural and right though he didn't know why. As he did feelings of joy and renewal came to him and he closed his eyes to keep the emotions from flowing out to quickly.

"Thank you Veino..." is all BB was able to say having shared such a personal experience.

Just as Vieno had been restored BB had been changed as well, the doctor had himself been healed by the force and his journey into the greater world had begun....

[member="Veino Garn"]

Veino stood, slowly twisting the kinks out of his back and neck. They popped and crackled as he moved. Not only did he feel looser, but he felt more like himself. The kid started to move again and pulled himself up to a classic meditation stance. Certainly not Veino's favorite or the one that helped him the most, but it was the starting point. Only after mastering the basic meditation could one begin to experiment with other forms. Moving meditation for example, either with gardening or fighting stances. All depended on the person.

The kid was different now as well. Brighter in the Force. Interesting. He wasn't sure what had caused that. But he suspected he would find out.

"No problem, kid," Veino replied. "What's your name by the way?"

The empathy had returned as well. Not so strong as before, but more than it had. It gave him a certain low level feel of the surrounding individuals. The kid was exhausted, but refreshed and relieved. It must have been difficult to carry that part of him halfway across the galaxy.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"BB, I think? Yeah, BB that right."

Things were still a little foggy for the kid. Days of sheping another mans consciousness had left his mind a little disjointed. He looked at Vieno and saw his "color" had seemed to returned. He was standing a little straighter, eyes brighter and well all around more pleasant looking. Hell the whole place was nicer given he was now seeing it only with his own eyes and not through the split perception he had been struggling with. BB continued to look around trying to remember where he was, the memories of the past few days were escaping him and so with no real other ideas he stood up and walked over to Veino before he asked...

"So any idea where here is our how I got here, I feel like a should know but I just can't seem to remember.."

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Veino leaned back on the table, listening. "BB then, nice to meet you. Apparently you already know my name. How did that happen?" He paused then as a group of younger padawans hurried by in some sort of excitement. "As for how you got here, usually I would say a ship, but that appears to not be the case. Otherwise, you'd know about it."

But that was interesting indeed. Not often someone ended up on a planet without knowing how. Well, unless they were on Zeltron. Then it probably happened fairly often. He remembered that from when he had been there during the skirmish. It had been rather odd- kind of a blur, actually, even with his newly returned memories.

"Tell me how you got here then. Might be able to untangle some threads for you."

How did I get here, that was a very good question, because BB had not clue. He looked around the very clean architecture and still had no clue how he got here. Activating his wrist comm he said.

"Shinning Star are you there?"

Seconds later a line of beeps and whistles came screaming at him as his astromech, and part time mother, cursing him out for not reporting-in in over three days. BB tired to explain to her what happened but not sure himself he ended the conversation apologizing and giving her his coordinates for pickup.

"Seems like I flew here, but not sure where here is do you have any clue Vieno?"

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Veino waited as BB talked to his ship or his droid or whatever it was and then raised his eyebrow. The kid didn't know where here was? That was strange. He must not have remembered inputting the coordinates.

"You're on Voss. Capital of the Silver Sanctum Coalition in the Jedi temple, specifically." He sat back down at the table to examine the information. "You must have had one wild party to not remember that." He clasped his hands together and rested his chin. "No idea how you got here without remembering any of it, I'm afraid."

He stared back down at the information. "But I've had enough research at this point. I think the time has come for some exercise." He cracked his neck. "Need to work the stiffness out. You can join me if you want. It might call some memories back to you."

Well BB really didn't know what to think here, but not the type to refuse a man's kind offer though he decided he should accept his request and nodded to Veino an approval. Not like he couldn't use some training anyhow. From his time at demonsgate BB had learned through a set of strange happenings he was force sensitive. Now maybe someone who knew what the kark he was doing could possibly help him learn to control his gift or at the very least not allow them to control him...

"Lead on Vieno, I'm game if you are."

[member="Veino Garn"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Veino nodded and swept the research materials into his bag before striding out into the hallway, working his way through the temple until he reached a lightsaber training room. It was empty with only the faintest lights on for safety. He paused and reached out with one hand- eyes closed and pressed the switch with the Force. It was a little difficult, but it was starting to come back again. It would be a long time, however, before he would be able to hold hundreds of bearings in orbit. But he had time and patience or it. That was all that would be required.

He studied the rack of lightsabers, picking up a few to test the weight until eventually settling on one close to his old one. He gave it a quick toss- flipping it up in the air before landing back in his hand. He smiled. The time to build his own would be coming soon. But he would practice with one of these for now. He flipped the switch and the blade crackled to life. Green. He frowned slightly, but shrugged. Hardly his color by any means, but it would do.

He shifted his feet, dropping his weight. It felt off, strange, and unfamiliar. He grimaced, but stood there, holding to the position until his body settled into it again. He stopped there and began to work on breathing. In and out, slowly at first focusing on the rhythm. Then it began to grow more natural and he raised the blade to his point forward from his shoulder. Soresu opening stance. Before he could working on his own style again, he had to master the three styles he shaped it from. Soresu as the base, combined with Djem So and Shien, and some Imperial styles for team work. Designed, in effect, to be the ultimate defensive form with a strong offensive capability.

The first velocity. For hours, if need be. He began through the moves, making each one slow and deliberate with an emphasis on form. Evade, evade, evade, parry, counterattack. Always moving. Not large steps or fancy movements. Just small steps to the sides, forward and back. Parry and Djem So counter-strike. It was off and sloppy. Veino scowled and reset the stance. Then he began again from the beginning.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB followed Veino to a dimly lit room. He had never seen its' like before and carefully entered as so not to bump into anything. As Vieno gestured into the room the lights came on fully and BB looked around as the many devised and apparatuses that were placed about the space. As he looked his eyes went immediately to a rack of light sabers. Having seen a few in his time with the underground he was uniquely curious about them. As Vieno went over and began examining them BB watched patiently figuring he should not rush his new companion. Once Veino finished and selected a saber BB went over to get a better look at the selection.

A small one about the size of his hand called to him. Taking it up he studied it making sure to keep be business end of it away from him. As he held it firmly in his left hand he activated it and a small green blade appeared from it. The saber itself seemed smaller that the one Vieno was using but that didn't matter to BB, he like the blade and decided to try it out.

Looking over at his new acquaintance once more he saw he was beginning to perform a series of slow controlled movements. Figuring this must be that training stuff he was talking about BB began to crumbly mimic him, stepping from side to side, back and forth. Moving his saber in slow controlled movements just like Veino.

[member="Veino Garn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom