Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where Fountains Flow

"Peep, sleep, sheep..." He scribbled out the final word, and shook his head, did it really need to be changed? He quite liked the ring the rhyme had to it already, and if it worked? Well... it would definitely be useful. If it worked. His late night chat with Starlin Rand Starlin Rand had fast devolved into talks of loss, to the point where he hadn't felt comfortable trying to test the spell out once all was said and done.
Even now it was hard to speak the words, they were too wrapped up in thoughts of the Professor, and Teta, and his family. He wiped his eyes on the back of his sleeve, and then focused back down on the page of rhymes he'd written down. Some were his own, but most were his Masters... Including the new ones Starlin rustled up. A friend in need... Haven and Craven... That one hadn't been tested yet either.
Sat beside one of the many water features housed within the Room of a Thousand Fountains, Eliphas thoroughly believed himself to be alone. It was rare that any found him in such a sprawling space, run through with greenery and rocks. It was as though he was lost upon a utopian world, with only his own thoughts for company.
Of course, he wasn't. This was the Jedi Temple, in the middle of Coruscant. He'd never, ever, truly be alone there.

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
I never thought it would be this green. Kuzon silently admitted as he glanced from one angle to the other.

The room of a Thousand Fountains. He had learned of this sacred place beforehand but to see, hear, smell and feel it was a thrill beyond any description. Standing on the edge of a small walkway he had both hands folded behind his back, viewing a large purplish flower slightly taller himself. Saved for the brown robe Kuzon kept his Jedi attire, seeing no need for the former. Sniffing the flower's scent the padawan pleasantly grinned.

From behind was one of the numerous fountains with the pouring of gentle water. He circled around to take in more of the scenery. It was different from the gardens back at Silver Rest on Kashyyyk yet a similar essence was all ever present here.

Truth be told, when arriving on Coruscant I found it all overwhelming with an entire planet being one titanic city. Thank the force that nature is allowed to be here in glory, however small.

Subsequently he pulled out a red leather journal from one pocket then a handcrafted pen with the other. Writing down some notes Kuzon proceeded to walk on ahead. As he did so the young Bothan flipped several pages, to examine one of the passages of an old story he recorded for personal reading.

Turning the next page Kuzon read on as he walked on and on for another two minutes. By then he had read three more pages and when looking up Kuzon froze upon seeing another next to one of the water features just meters away. So engrossed in reading the tale that he had not paid attention to surroundings.

Still holding the journal with the left hand he remained silent looking back at the human padawan for several more seconds. Finally clearing his throat, the Bothan said with a respectful bow from one Jedi to another.

"Uhhh…sorry I didn't see you there. N-nice place isn't it?"

Pausing awkwardly he scratched the side of his neck with the free hand before stopping then with widened eyes in realization.

"Oh…I-I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kuzon Lu'ten."

Lief Lief

Eliphas' hoverchair jolted slightly when the unexpected voice surprised him. He turned his head toward the newcomer, a young and nervous seeming Bothan, and after taking a calming breath he smiled. The hoverchair shifted slightly, turning him fully to face his fellow Padawan. He soon noticed the red journal, how serendipitous. Were they both here to find solace within which to write?
"No apologies needed," he reassured the Bothan, "It is, it's beautiful in here."
An introduction was made, and Eli beckoned Kuzon slightly closer should the boy wish to approach. "I'm Eliphas... Eliphas Dune. You're a Padawan too..?"
Folding up the piece of paper he'd been scribbling on, Eliphas set it back into his pocket and placed the pen behind his ear. Seeing the red journal made him ponder about getting an actual book of his own to write in, rather than relying on scraps. He'd speak with Starlin when he returned to Bright Knight, see if he couldn't borrow a few credits. Maybe he'd revisit that little art shop he and Iris Arani Iris Arani had once bought supplies in.
"Are you okay?" he asked, "I'm sorry if I'm making you nervous."

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
Calming down after the initial shock, Kuzon then noticed the human's scrap of paper. It wouldn't take a genius to conclude that the other padawan had been using this location for some peace and quiet while he wrote. That is something he certainly can relate to. When the human Jedi gestured for him to come slightly closer, Kuzon obliged. At Eliphas' own introduction he nodded in polite acknowledgement and answered his question.

"Y-yes, as a matter of fact. Couldn't pretend to be a master even if I wanted to."

He laughed somewhat awkwardly at his little joke. Inwardly Kuzon could sense Eliphas' mild curiosity before looking down at his journal then back to his fellow Jedi as he put up his own paper then pen.

Of course that makes sense.

Rather than say that thought out loud the Bothan sighed at the second question and the additional apology from Eliphas. Waving off his free hand he confessed.

"No, no you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just getting used to being here at the Coruscant Temple. Until recently I was studying the ways of the force on Kashyyyk with the Silver Jedi."

The moment he stopped Kuzon suddenly realized that his new acquaintance might ask why he did transfer. Not wanting to dig up pain recently buried the shorter padawan then asked.

"So what's one of the best spots here at the temple in your opinion? I mean…beside this sacred place."

Lief Lief

Tilting his head to one side, Eliphas regarded the Bothan as he claimed to be incapable of passing for more than a Padawan. "I wouldn't say that" he said, with a very soft smirk, "Though you might want to practice assertiveness. Then I'm sure you could pull it off!" Playing pretend as Jedi Masters? Now that would be fun, wouldn't it?
Of course it wasn't something Eli would be looking to do any time soon.
With his fellow Padawan now closer, he shifted some in his hoverchair and contemplated sitting in the grass. It had been nice when last he came here, freeing to be out of the chair, but he'd been with Iris then. She was a familiar face, he could spend hours in her company without needing a word to be said, without ever feeling awkward. He didn't exactly know Kuzon yet, did he?
"Oh, Kashyyyk! I've been there. I learned to conjure storms down on the jungle floor." He had such fond memories of the Weather Machine. He'd learned so much there, hadn't he? It felt like forever ago now.
He supposed in a way it was.
"Well, welcome to Coruscant. It's a big change, huh? Not anywhere near as much greenery or fauna around. It's why I like it here... It's easy to forget with all the plants." As for the best spots.. "I'm not sure, I haven't spent that much time in here, my Master usually teaches me on the road," he explained. "The mess hall serves some good pudding though, you should try it some time if you haven't already."
Ah, screw it. Eliphas pushed himself forward out of the hoverchair and dropped rather unceremoniously to the ground. He let out a sigh of relief upon doing so though, it was nice to feel the grass beneath his hands.
"Are you, uh, a writer..?" He finally gestured to the journal.

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
Hearing that Eliphas had been to Kashyyyk was a pleasant surprise. The Wookiee homeworld is truly a wonder in the galaxy. Kuzon listened attentively as his human counterpart answered his question. Raising one eyebrow in new interest at the mention of the mess hall's pudding he remarked with a smile.

"That does sound good. Appreciate the recommendation."

Then to Kuzon's quiet surprise Eliphas threw himself out of the hover-chair and collapsed to the grass. Only then did he fully comprehend that the other padawan is probably not in the best of shape if he is using that. When questioned again Kuzon became confident and with a proud nod explained.

"Indeed. I use this journal not just to write my thoughts but also to record facts I need to remember and stories I enjoyed learning."

He fondly gazed at the crimson journal. It had been a Life Day gift from his late master and now cherished it more than ever. Stopping himself from being swept in a river of memories he sat down at the grass.

"Well I just finished re-reading one of the tales about Nomi Sunrider. It's one of my favorites. Have you ever heard of her?"

Lief Lief

Last edited by a moderator:
When his recommendation was taken seriously, Eli grinned. Pudding really had become something of a comfort device for him, and he hoped most sincerely that the Bothan would enjoy it too. Even with Starlin nagging in his ear about how he needed to diversify, and eat 'real food', he couldn't keep from being drawn back to it.
"I like that you write with pen and paper" he stated, "Rather than digitally. I prefer to write by hand too." There was something about it that felt freeing, it was as though his mind was given a chance to really process every word that was noted down. Very cathartic, not to mention a great method for remembering things due to its more tactile nature.
When he mentioned someone known as Nomi Sunrider, he tilted his head a little to one side. "I haven't, sadly," he replied, "Though I imagine she must be rather intriguing for you to reread her stories. Who was she?"
With Kuzon now sat in the grass with him, Eliphas felt better for having forsaken the hoverchair. The grass really was nice, and it helped him to forget just where they were. It didn't feel like a bustling ecumenopolis, it didn't feel like Coruscant.

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
At Eli's reply and subsequent question Kuzon paused before he gave an understanding nod.

Sometimes I forget that many of my fellow Jedi are not aware of our Order's history.

It was only natural for people in their age who are either more focused on the present or the future. Kuzon didn't hold it against Eli, likely he had a lot on his mind as of late. In a certain way the Bothan was glad realizing it meant he could tell about one of the legends. An excited smile surfaced on the other padawan's face.

"In that case allow me to explain a little bit. Over four thousand years ago she was the wife of a Jed who reluctantly became one herself and despite countless hardships and heartache would help save the galaxy in what would become the Great Sith War."

Then Kuzon took a moment to clear his throat.

"Originally her name was Nomi Da-Boda. Little is known of her early life other than that she met the Jedi, Andur Sunrider, and they fell in love and married. Together they had a daughter Vima whom they raised on the planet H'ratth for a time.

Nomi often found herself in awe of her husband's strong connection to the force. The thing is she was force sensitive as well as the same with their daughter. Andur, knowing this, repeatedly tried to encourage her to learn the ways of the force with him but she considered herself too meek and timid, more content with the simple life she already had."

He paused, trying to envision what he just told. Sometimes when asleep or in meditation Kuzon could see images of people and places from long ago. Of course he won't bring that up with Eli they just met after all. Moments later he continued.

"It was during a journey through the Stenness system to complete his training, Andur was ambushed by thugs, who were after Adegan crystals carried by the couple. In the ensuing fight that followed Andur was murdered right before Nomi's eyes."

Silence he closed both eyes, as sadness took over as if he had been there himself.

"She rushed to her husband as the criminals threaten her but the through the force Adur called out to Nomi, telling her to take his lightsaber to herself and their child. Desperate she grabbed the saber and to shock of her attackers, cut down two of them, forcing the last one to flee in panic. As soon as the danger passed had passed Nomi felt immense guilt taking those lives but once more Adur's spirit reached out to her.

He told his beloved that their time together had ended before instructing her to continue to Ambria and train under the great Master Thon as he originally intended. Afraid nonetheless Nomi respect those final wishes and left the station with Vima in hand and going for Ambria. Even though she didn't had coordinates the widow let the force guide to her destination and little did Sunrider realize the destiny that awaited..."

Lief Lief

Eliphas admittedly hadn't been with the Jedi long, and most of that chronological time had been spent in a coma. He'd been raised on tales of the Galactic Republic, on the Jedi of yore, but as the son of a Duke there was plenty more for him to learn than the history of the Jedi Order specifically. Much of his life had been dedicated to grooming him toward leadership, even if he wasn't heir to the Dune estate like his older brother he would still be somebody.
Of course, meeting Starlin and Kal had changed that. Altered his fate, whether for better or for worse. There was a lot to be taught to get him up to scratch, to see that he understood where they had come from in order to know where it was they were headed. Frankly Eliphas loved the stories, greatly enjoyed reading up on pieces of history previously unknown to him.
So when Kuzon opted to tell a story of Noma's past he listened eagerly, hanging on his every word. The sadness which was wrought at Andur's death was palpable, both in the way it was spoken of and the fact that it pushed the Bothan toward closing his eyes almost reverently in memoriam. Frankly it was almost too much to bear, hearing of a loss so close to the story's protagonist, and for a moment it felt as though his heart stopped.
Certainly his breath caught in his throat.
The uncertainty linked to the fate of his family and his home was still fresh and flesh-eating in its incessance upon his mind. It took a great level of will for him to exhale it away, to perform an act of waking meditation in order to resist succumbing to it. Tbere was something of an irony inherent in that he realized, for the last time he'd meditated within this particular room he'd been tossed out by the Jedi leading the session.
That was the day Starlin had been made his Master... It felt like an eternity ago now.
"Sometimes fate will have its way, even if you try to resist it" he said softly when Kuzon took a break. Was that how it was with him? He was putting off the journey to Teta, digging his heels in to avoid the inevitable. The outcome had already happened, the die had long since been cast, what did he hope to accomplish by biding his time? Did he think he could somehow keep them suspended in a state between life and death? Schrödinger's family.
"Did she find him? Did she find Master Thon..?"

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
While taking his break Kuzon sensed some of Eli's pain. He froze for a few seconds but otherwise pretended that everything was normal. At the human's words about fate finding a way the Bothan somberly nodded. It had been weeks since losing his master and even though he learning to let go it didn't mean that the grief wasn't any less painful.

She would tell me to rejoice that we become one with Force but that is easier said than done. Still I'm going to be a Jedi Knight someday I'm going to have learn so as Master Vidya would've wanted me to.

Kuzon was looking down at the grass when Eli asked if Nomi did find the Jedi Master. Glancing back to his direction he resumed the tale.

"She arrived on Ambria and left the ship behind with Vima in her arms. Relying on her feelings the widow traveled across the desolate land. In the midst of that journey they came upon a lake tainted with the dark side. Going around it Nomi began to hear disturbing voices in the wind, telling her to turn back and that death and suffering awaited her. Yet a different and more comforting voice warns Nomi not to be fooled by the darkness.

Heart renewed the young woman trek onward further into the wasteland. It was only when she came on a small hill did she stop. Nomi looked down into a valley where a little house was laid on the side of it. Near the hovel was a young man, a Vultan riding upon a huge beast. Immediately the widow realized the rider was a Jedi and even believed him to be Master Thon."

Lifting his journal he displayed a page with a sketch of barren waste with the vague figure of a woman and child in hand looking onto a rider and his reptilian mount who both stared back.

"Welcomed Sunrider and Vima were led into the house by their new Jedi host who gave them and his bestial companion food. There they spoke about what she had endured and why they came. Meanwhile she didn't know that the thug who escaped served a Hutt crime lord that was still after the crystals Nomi was going to give to the Jedi. With more hired blasters the Hutt tracked down the widow to Ambria and eventually found the house. They attacked and the Vultran Jedi came out and fought them bravely.

Yet their numbers overwhelm him and Nomi watches helplessly with horror as they prepare to murder another Jedi. It was in that moment the beast intervened, attacking the criminals with incredible speed and blunt their firepower with the…force!"

Kuzon let those words sink in to Eli before he displayed a new page sketch that showed the being knocking armed several figures back while surrounded by what appeared to be an energy field. Closing the journal the padawan concluded with a new smile.

"Panicked by the onslaught, the Hutt and his scum fled. Afterwards an amazed Sunrider learned from the Vultran whose name was Oss Wilum explained that he was just an apprentice and that the supposed beast is in fact Master Thon himself. That is how she and her mentor first met one another."

Lief Lief

When Kuzon began to show pictures alongside the storied words he spoke, Eliphas watched on intently, inspecting each of them as best as he could from his vantage point, and nodding along to each word. It had been a long time since someone had told him a story like this, not since he'd been young and in his mother's arms he reckoned. It was soothing, and oddly cathartic though he did his best not to let his emotions overwhelm him.
It seemed as though his newfound companion was also dealing with something himself, at least if his somber nods and downcast gaze were anything to go by. Part of him wanted to ask, to see if he was okay, if maybe there was anything Eliphas could do, but another part of him worried that if he was anything like the Tetan he wouldn't want attention brought to it. Because that meant speaking on whatever it was... And that wasn't always nice.
Reaching up to his hoverchair, he pulled a couple of bottles of water free from the side pouch and offered one over to the Bothan.
"So what kind of creature was he? The Jedi Master, I mean?" He'd heard of Force Sensitive beings that were far from humanoid, but one actively being used as a mount? That seemed odd to him. Not necessarily bad-odd, just different. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to ask so many questions... It's just all so fascinating."
Master Thon... Maybe Eliphas would do a little more research later, if he could remember the name at all. With that in mind he reached for the scrap of paper in his pocket, then the pen behind his ear, and jotted it down.
"Are you hungry at all? I, uh.. Brought snacks..?"
While they were trying to wean him from pudding and back onto real food, Eliphas rarely went anywhere without something to munch on. Various little treats which could satiate him regardless of how his funky stomach was feeling.

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
Accepting the water bottle given to him Kuzon said with a grin. "Thanks." Sometimes when telling a story he is passionate about the Bothan would work himself up with a thirst. At the question, Kuzon shrugged his shoulders.

"Well according to descriptions Master Thon was believed to be a Tchuukthai or Wharls as some call them. Their kind is sapient ceratopsian quadrupeds. That species is said to be hailed from the Unknown Regions although the homeworld's location has been hidden away from outsiders. The few encountered in the galaxy like Thon were described as fierce yet thoughtful while some others prefer to be left alone."

Indeed they were mysterious beings and most seem to prefer to keep it that way. At the offer of snacks his stomach growled. Ping with newfound hungry Kuzon nodded.

"Sure what you got?"

Lief Lief

Eliphas sipped on his own bottle of water while Kuzon finished up his explanation concerning the Jedi Master, curiosity alight within his eyes. Truthfully the Tetan had heard of neither Tchuukthai or Wharls before now, and he wasn't even sure if he could properly jot them down to do more research later. Thankfully his newfound friend was quick to provide more information.
It all sounded so different, so strange.
"Do you think they still exist out there, on their hidden world?"
After all, Kuzon was telling stories of a time long since gone was he not? And as for the snacks, well, he reached back up to the side pockets and pulled free a few different options. Sadly, none of them were pudding.
"Fruit, crackers, there's a grain bar too... Somewhere..."
He settled down the offerings, then reached for one of the Mandalorian Oranges. Ever since Iris Arani Iris Arani had chosen to eat one in this very spot he'd been drawn to them, their smell was divine and they didn't upset his stomach anywhere near as much as the rest. There was also a shuura, and some berries. After peeling the orange, he offered a few sections of it over to Kuzon.
"You're good at telling stories" he remarked, "I bet you have a lot to share."

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
"Honestly I don't know. If Master Thon's people still exist they're quite skilled in keeping their world hidden from the rest of the galaxy for these past centuries."

Kuzon glanced over at some foliage, wondering if it is a bad thing for the Tchuukthai to conceal themselves. Especially with the wars that continue to plague the stars. Assuming their kind hadn't gone extinct.

I really hope they haven't. Even if we never encounter any of them they have a right to exist just as we do.

Stomach growling he checked the options that Eliphas offered. Choosing the fruit Kuzon quickly took a bit. Closing his eyes the Bothan savored the taste. It almost felt like he was back on Kashyyyk with…

Stopping himself Kuzon tense up before eating some more to relax. At his new friend's praise he paused, humbly nodding.

"Thank you Eliphas. I admit…I really do enjoy telling them to others."

New curiosity came over and he asked.

"If I may ask, what are you passionate about? I mean beside pudding."

In that instant the Bothan's eyes widened realizing he just made a joke. He chuckled in response to himself.

Lief Lief

He pondered the Bothan's answer for a few moments, brows creasing in thought. "I don't blame them for wanting to remain isolationists" he finally muttered, with a soft shake of his head, "Empress knows the Galaxy is far from a safe place to stick your neck into. I hope they're thriving, wherever they are."
With any luck those who remained, if any, were safely tucked away, and would remain that way. Hidden, thriving.
They took a brief pause from talking to eat, before Eliphas found himself unable to stand the silence for too much longer. Silence meant more time with his wayward mind, he hadn't realized how beneficial the company of another could be for him. How easy he could set aside his own problems for a while if he was able to just sit and listen to stories of yore.
The thanks had him smiling meekly. "No need for thanks, and I can tell!" Kuzon was passionate.
Which begged the question, what was Eliphas passionate about these days?
Once it had been starships and astral navigation, he'd spent hours upon hours pouring over star charts and making grand plans for where he'd visit. Then for a time it had been exploring with his Master. Yes, adventuring was definitely in the heart of him. But lately everything had slowed to a crawl.
The boy frowned, and glanced over to the water.
"I'm not even sure anymore" he confessed, "Ever since awakening and finding myself bound to.. this.." he made a slight gesture to the chair, "The things I used to love are more or less out of reach." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"I.. I like artistic things" he finally added. "Painting, embroidery, poetry... My Master has been teaching me lightsided spells, and they're poetic in nature. It's been fun figuring out new ones. And they work better for me than other methods of drawing on the Force. My connection's been a little.. iffy, since the coma."
Iffy but growing a little stronger with each fresh attempt he made.
"What about you? What else do you like, friend?"

Kuzon Lu’ten

K
It was becoming clear to Kuzon that his fellow padawan had suffered in both body and soul. The Bothan closed his eyes so as not to stare at Eli while he glanced down at the water. He was a fellow Jedi and sentient being who deserved respect after all. Besides, Kuzon felt hardly qualified to give advice on the issues facing the human before him. Still it was good to know he had a master to rely on and passions to follow like poetry.

At the new question Kuzon opened his eyes first looking to Eli then the garden around them. With a gesture of his right hand he declared.

"I enjoy nature, like exploring and connecting with the force in new places. Sketching and writing."

Stopping himself momentarily he admitted while displaying his journal.

"I want to become a lore-keeper. To help keep alive the memories of our Order and to record what is to come for future generations."

Then something occurred to him and Kuzon slapped the side of his head.

"Oh I forgot! I need to go to do my mediations. Please excuse me Eli but it has been an honor meeting you. Hope we can talk again soon."

Giving a Jedi bow to Eli he subsequently said.

"May the force be with you."

With that he turned and walked away. As Kuzon did so he couldn't help but feel glad because this morning he had found a new friend.

Lief Lief

By the time that talks turned to why they were originally here, Eliphas had quite forgotten that he and Kuzon had not already been friends, had not planned for this encounter. His cheeks shone pink when the Bothan explained that he had to return to his meditations, and for a moment all he could do was nod his head.
Then finally words returned to him.
"Oh, yes, of course... It was lovely to meet you, Kuzon, May the Force be with you!"
Eliphas glanced over at his hoverchair then sighed to himself. Maybe it was time to head back to Bright Knight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom