Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do we go from here?

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Now the Rebellion is winding down (or heating up, maybe?) I wanted to see where we all want to go from here.

I would love to see the Consortium active again and am willing to take on a role to do that (ads, building the Heritage Council up) with Tha'ga who is lightsided-neutral.

Maybe Er'in can be her dark sister both working for the Queen? And we have to fit Mel in there somehow!

What would you lovely women like to see for the future of Hapes?

Thought, ideas, suggestions?

[member="Allana Badeaux"] @Er'in Tenel [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
I sure Mel will be around. Someone has to keep an idea on me and my crazy ideas. lol

Is the Rebellion winding down? Depending on what happens next, it could defiantly heat back up!

Where do we go now? Will The Consortium continue to stay neutral? How will The Consortium keep it borders safe from interference?

One thing that I have thought about, if we do have alliances, business transactions and we allow them in the Transitory Mists… My suggestion is this. There is like 63 colonized planets within the Mists that make up the Consortium. Some are located right at the edge of the Mists after you come in. We can allocate two planets, one at each entrance we can conduct business. That way we can contain what gets close to the capital of the Consortium or the vast majority of the Consortium.

We could have embassies for those governments, major factories hubs that can drive and support major economic commerce with the galaxy.

We could sub these planets, buildings, and expand on the Hapes Consortium Company. Last time I hear I do believe the cannon company was at tier 4?

I think one of the major reasons why we have not recruited very many Fleet writers is because we do not get involved in the map game. Over the years we have done very well to not get drawn into that. It has hurt us to that degree of being able to recruit a lot of members or have shaky activity. On that flip side it is not my job to dictate the direction of the faction. IC , the Consortium has some good solid reasons to become edgy and be a little more aggressive. They have every right to protect their sovereignty. At this point it might invite more attacks if they do nothing. If they do something it might also invite more attacks. It would be a delicate game; one Happens should play very well.

Some food for thought!

Also I will present more ideas when they come to me. Remember it is the member base that makes the faction. All members impute are welcome! Please come forward. Tell us if you love it or hate it. Tell your thoughts. If you have an idea for a story, toss it out here! *wiggles eyebrows*

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] @Er'in Tenel Melanctha Dallamoor

(Wind down? Hot up? Depends on the Knight of Ren, really - one way or another someone is having a bad day before it's all over. Well, worse than we've had!)

It's a shame we don't have more of a fleet game - the Hapan fleet is a dangerous and beautiful thing to be proud of, like Hapes really :)

I think it would be interesting to do more political material with the faction and expand upon the company (who's the owner?) - at T4, its' actually just hitting the fun stage for Unique ships and the like now under the new factory rules. And I do like me some subs, I must confess.

The map game... is the map game, for good and ill - I'm not sure about getting involved as in 'going major' - that's a lot of effort and would require some interesting work on why Hapes has gone expansionist to secure it's safety, but everyone needs allies and we might be able to play a strong minor (hah!) role there.

I do like the idea of embassies, factory hubs and the like - encouraging people to come and RP / play in / around Hapes, negotiating with our neighbours and the like.

So yeah, I'm sure people have more opinions than me!

(Er'in is moderate dark, shading probably to very dark if her story goes where it might sooner or later, to eventually maybe neutral when she gets a clue. But not the peaceful sort of neutral, a lot closer to the more modern interpretation of balance in the Force. However, I'm as concerned with her being Hapan as being a FU / Sith - as, for that matter, is she)

I like doing threads regarding business build up, treaties, consulates....heck let's build one on Coruscant and give the Core folks something really good to look at.

I'm a pokey writer these days, just tired.

I don't now that we should think of going major at this point...

I'm not a fleeter

I'm tired tonight so I have to admit I only skimmed some of the posts..

@Er'in Tenel [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"]

Allana Badeaux

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] @Er'in Tenel

With just our small handful of writers, no we’re all in agreement with not going major just yet. We all know that does not mean we can’t make our presence known.

I will look into the company. It has been a while since I last checked on that information. At the moment, (is slowly waking up and started to have coffee) I’m not too sure who owns it.

I did a little digging. Because I do love me my factory.

Paragon Enterprises is Tier 3, no idea how close to Tier 4 and is owned by [member="Relina Zhan"].

As far as fleeting goes - I can and am happy to fleet, and Er'in would be surprisingly good at it, if she ever had cause to try. Coming in as someones ally (providing they do the RP spadework to get us) is a way to have punch and impact far above our 'player' weight. Ideally though I'd like to get us access to / Paragon Enterprises up to Tier 4 (or even 5) so we can produce flagships with RMs and the like. There's a few limitations around not being able to field actual star destroyer class ships, but Battle Dragons are crusiers anyway.

If we do decide to go down this route, we'll need to revamp the fleet for the new factory rules - they're better and easier, anyway. So it'll be a while to get things into shape. The Tier 3 to Tier 4 requirements... we can knock off the passives with some subs (including tasty codex subs!) which we'll need to do anyway, and the actives easily enough and 'renaissance of Hapes' sounds like a major project we could RP into. But of course, thats up to Relina if she wants us to go ahead, as she owns the company and its her baby from waaaay back by the looks of things.

Diplomancy: Talking to people and giving them something useful they might want in the map game, either enough to assure our independance or to just give us things would be pretty ideal.

There's an easy in there if people don't mind talking to Mandalorians or CIS - Dathomir is, technically, a Hapan planet (and the only Hapan planet outside the Mists) in canon, but of course it and the Dathomir Witches are heavily tied to the old Mandos (now the CIS) and the current ME holds the territory, although ICly the planet is under self-rule aside from a small area around the Hellgate. There's a treaty there, I think and RP with the Rylothian / Dathomiri witches, if people are interested in that.

Allana Badeaux

I looked it up the information on Minor Faction Fleet information.

Max Length non combat ships: 2000m
Max Length Civilian Stations: 4000m
Max Length Combat Ships (PC-Captained): 2000m
Max Length Combat Ships: 1000m
Max Size of Fleet: Within reason.

That is the rules for a minor faction and not companies. If I recall Cira motioned in the past factions can sub ships without a company. The size of the ships depends on the rules for the faction.

^ this, upon looking closer is just the maxim length a minor faction field.

Classically we can mass produce up to 500m for combat ships. Or produce a Unique ship up to 2000m (PC captained)

We do have the option to have some massed produced ship made by another company up to 1000m in length.

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
Sorry for my delay in responding to this - I wanted to give it a good read and hopefully some thoughtful answers:

- Ultimately I agree with all about the map game. There's no advantage to it at this moment and it will give us flexibility to do what we want if we remain minor, including all of that good IC intrigue inside the court.

- If we feel like building up defenses and the military, it might be fun to show it off to other factions who may need our help. Let them court us and help further our goals of trade on the edges of the Mists and isolationism on Hapes proper (at least according to the Heritage Council)

- Again, love Allana's idea of dedicated planets on the edge of the Mists for Embassies and such.

- We should go after more canon items, like Allana is doing.

- Most of all, Hapans gonna Hape. My original goal for the Rebellion was to (selfishly) get my Hapan characters more involved with their home-world and unselfishly stimulate RP for one of the most unique cultures in the galaxy.

- If I could get a handwave for Tha'ga being the Minister of Foreign Affairs, I'll start reaching out to diplomats.

Bringing no new ideas here, just excitedly supporting the ones put forth by everyone. :)

[member="Allana Badeaux"]

and I just saw this. You know my company would always support you for ship building and get a chance since the jedi are close to Hapes. Cathbodua can be nearby and go home to meet with the people. She might be able to jump inot the rebelion with a triage medical ship but for building new ships if we want to. New model battledragons could be great to see and if we make stations. The Hapens made the original mobile stations.

Allana Badeaux

*uses hand-wave-ium magic and makes [member="Tha'ga Temi"] Minister of Foreign Affiers*

In EU Cannon they called it Minister of External Affairs. If you still want that role it is yours Tha'ga.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] is covering the role of Minister of Finance. There are still more council positions. The complete list of council member is in the list for Hapen members.

[member="Cathbodua"], help is always welcome around here. :)

Lucienne Sinclair

"I am of a long line of nobility."
Completely conservative.

Have a majority Conservative view and push out anyone who is non Hapes. Promote the ideals of Matriarchal Hegemony, and once we are strong enough, push said idea out and have it spread like wildfire.

The end goal of Extreme Conservatism, is for the whole Galaxy to feel the power of Hapes Matriarchy, and see it spread even further.

Of course, the Hapes being the top of the chain, since we are superior to any other species in the Galaxy.

Of course, I'm talking about going isolationist and trust no one.

Allana Badeaux

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

Well you keep an eye on the commerce within the Consortium. Manage work related to the topic. Speak to people and companies, organizing preachment of things we might need. You can go and perches things from the market place here on Chaos, of things we might need. That and you’re a tax collector. They’re taxes in the Consortium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom