Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did she go?

Not only had her plan gone arry because it was ruined by two guys who botched everything up with their own plan, not only was she stunned in the process of trying to get to her ship, but now there was a Protectorate droid blocking their way and she couldn't do a thing about it while she was stunned. At least they had the decency to let her down gently when the two dealt with the droid instead. She tried moving so many times but, given she was still stunned, al she could do was make little twitches. This was going to be tougher than she thought. But, at the very least, if those two who ruined everything were killed she be a little happier for it.

@[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="Gravesen Conclave"] @[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="Gravesen Conclave"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"]

HK slightly lowered his pistol. He wasn't giving up on the idea of fighting or shooting them, no, he was just taking aim at Grave's kneecaps. Even with Zeer's in the way he calculated that the bullet would probably go through Ranth's leg and still had enough force to disable Zeer. If any of them were familiar with shatterpistols they would know that their bullets are small but pack a lot of punch, enough to pierce armor of even some vehicles. A clean shot from one at this proximity would probably mean amputation of their leg instead of just removing a kneecap.
"If you want money I will pay you a thousand credits right now to give up the gem and leave. It is not the financial worth of the gem I am here to protect but its cultural and sentimental value. Believe me, you want to cut your losses while you can. I can also give you a referral to a mental clinic for your friend, it is a non-profit and unaligned organization so they would not pursue you for any previous loyalties. I do not work for them directly, but we have cooperated on few occasions."
The droid would finally move his cloak aside to reveal the hilt of a lightsaber he was holding, he would click its switch as his pure white blade erupted from the hilt, burning in pure light, if any of them could sense those things they would feel the aura of the light side emanating from it. He could have used the blade against them with clear conscience, it was a training lightsaber after all, it delivered blunt and stun damage instead of just chopping to pieces, so if he wanted to kill somebody with it he would really have to want them dead.
"Believe me."
He repeated shifting his feet to face them with his chest fully, shatterpistol still trained on its mark at Grave's knees, lightsaber held in his right hand in a ready parry position, it was the Defensive Neutral lightsaber stance, a general stance that could be used in all lightsaber forms when preparing to face multiple blaster-wielding foes.

In mean time, his programming finished preparing the audio file in case Zeer decided to open file. It was a compilation of all the annoying and unbearable sounds the droid witnessed during his lifetime since the Old Republic. Truth be told, most of it were files of him singing, but there were also such classics as nails on a chalkboard, rubbing a balloon really quickly, scratching a fork on the plate. Fire and car alarms. Whatever he heard when Alli Wren, @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], and Master Matako went off into a private room for "diplomatic negotiations" that he wished to forget so badly. In fact, anything he heard when passing by Colonel Kerrigan's office! Cira's laughter, she snorted when she laughed, little known fact. "Uttini!" just shouted over and over. All of this and more crammed down to play simultaneously over each other in a space of just few seconds and then looped over and over at high frequency.

It was no sonic grenade, but it should sure come close to one!

A thousand...not a horrible payoff. Should cover the ship expenses, maybe restock all the ammunition we burnt out.

"Why is it, that everyone and their mother that we run into is packing a glowstick?" It was true! "Okay, I'm up for the creds, so is Zeer. Do you uh....want us to take the lady too?"

For whatever reason, that blade seemed to be radiating--calm? Peace? Gravesen didn't know. It must have been some odd new truck to set people off guard. It wouldn't fool the young man one bit; no sir. He let his hand slip away from his old sidearm and folded his arms over his chest.

The woman was likely very, very angry. Especially if they didn't give her a cut, but the wrath of some strange woman was a lot lighter than a lightsaber in his chest.

"That's okay. I'm working on fixing him. He wouldn't do well in a facility, I think." The sense of fear tugging at the back of his mind was subsiding. Now it was just anxiety--anxiety toward what would happen once they broke atmosphere.

@[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"]

HK-36

@[member="Gravesen Conclave"] @[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"]
"I believe you can blame that on the mass-production efforts of synthetic crystals and lightsaber parts due to the arming efforts of the last war. Perhaps you should get one for yourself as well? I had mine for a long time but they are more or less commonly available now."

HK would deactivate his ligthsaber, his hand still fixed with the pistol aimed at Grave's kneecap and Zeer in its way. With his ligthsaber hand he would take a credit chip card, his fingers playing over it as he typed in the amount and confirmed the exchange onto the card. He would toss the card then at their feet.
"Leave her, her and I will have a chat once she wakes up. Now, the gem please, and it is no time to be greedy and try to get away with the chip and the gem as well, I did not had to engage you into a conversation in the first place."
His pistol was trained onto Grave's kneecaps as steady as ever, photoreceptors glancing to Zeer from time to time, droid did not believe that Grave's accomplice will go along with it all so smoothly.
"I can always simply pull the trigger."

And what exactly did the droid wanted to do with Elsa? Well to train her of course! She may have been more or less a petty thief by galactic standards now but he could easily change that, put her to work as an operative or something greater. Or just launch her out of an air lock, who knew?

Zeer Delos

Watch out world...
Zeer listened to the droid and actually made low hissing noise. He wasn't leaving with a mere thousand credits, no way in all the Galaxy. He didn't open fire but instead, he decided to haggle with the droid. He was a businessman even if he was a psychopathic killer with an itchy trigger finger. Credits could buy a lot of things, perhaps a bigger gun to come back and blow this droid up with. The oddest thing is that he wasn't phased at all by the lightsaber besides its annoying noises, he was utterly fearless, just angry and insane.

<"No! No! No! More credits! You can have the girl for 6,000! I don't sell nerf cheaply! Credits! Credits! Another 12,000 and I promise I'll never try come back to this system! 20,000 and I'll even get ya a way to contact me for future killing jobs. Credits, cold hard, credits! Need more."> It was borderline extortion even if it was now a chirping growling sound that left his throat as opposed to barks.

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Gravesen Conclave"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"]

Elsa's heart rate increased, being it was the only thing not paralyzed, at the fact they were both willing to sell her out like this. If she could move she'd give them such a thrashing for saying anything like that. And what was worse was that they were just going to hand her over so easily, after a moment ago they claimed that they wanted the gem as badly as she did. So much of her was trying to move but it all felt like one painfull prick on her muscle after another. She couldn't even call for R6 to support in whatever way he could. She was trapped. Plain and simple.

@[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Gravesen Conclave"]

Gravesen felt the need to translate for Zeer. "He wants six-thousand for the girl, twelve thousand to never come back, twenty thousand to...become your personal assassin, or something?"

He cast a trouble look down at the woman. Was it fair to just leave her to the hands of this droid for their crimes? Probably. "Though...you aren't going to hurt her, are you? Maybe we could just take her and...well..go?"

@[member="Zeer Delos"] @[member="HK-36"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"]

HK-36

@[member="Gravesen Conclave"] @[member="Elsa Delliria"] @[member="Zeer Delos"]

"I realize what he has said and no, I will not hurt her."
He glanced to Grave away from Zeer,
"I do not kill my prisoners, I do not kill unarmed opponents, and I do not kill out of revenge, my kind does not feel need for vengeance."

He looked back to Zeer as he raised his free hand, pointing it at him as from his wrist extended two barrels of dual blaster repeater, he spoke to the creature in his native Ranth,
(Ranth) "I am not a merchant for you to haggle with, you can take what I give you, give me in turn what I ask for, or you can attempt to bypass me, but then in turn I will attempt to discard you. Weight your options, see which path you will rather to take."
The droid did not really minded Zeer trying to haggle with him, in fact it was beneficial to HK! The more time Grave and Zeer would spend sitting in that one spot with HK trying to talk their way into more benefits the closer the loop of the Protectorate Planetary Security closed around the station and the planet's orbit. How much longer did they had before the place was completely surrounded and their escape route was cut?

HK glanced to Grave again,
"Give me the gem and you will be able to leave without a fight with me."

That was about enough for good 'ol Gravesen. He happily tossed the gym toward the HK unit, opting not to have his kneecaps blown out. He needed those, after all, and the woman wasn't going to be hurt.

"We're off your hands then." The Rattataki held out his left hand. "Credits, bud?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom