Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When the Visions Just Won't Stop (Sargon)

Coryth tossed and turned in her bed struggling through another vision though this one was not traumatic, or heartbreaking, or even of death. It was one of possibility. An office, a name ... Sargon. She knew it. Slowly pieces were coming together as the woman worked through her vision.

Sleep was nothing but torment for the tiny Jedi Master, the one place she did not have control. The one place she could not hide from the demons that haunted her. Visions of war. Visions of death .... of even one of her dearest friends dying, visions of her fall and what the galaxy would come to if it came to it. So many visions. It was no wonder she could even function with such torture at night. But at least this one was more peaceful, less stressful on her body but still it was the force pulling at her so it drained her as it always did and would.

Finally steel grey eyes snapped open and Coryth sat up in bed, her sheets a mess. The blanket long thrown off. Pillows were everywhere, but it was nothing new to her. The pull was so strong even as she sat there thinking through all she had saw, all that she had seen. Bakura, this man named Sargon ... She had to go. The force was ripping at her, practically dragging her that way. But it was fringe space. A place she was sure could be trouble for her. But the possibilities that swirled in the force around the one called Sargon. Coryth had to go.

__________________________________​
She boarded a shuttle, several stops and days later she finally had come to Bakura. Even stepping on the planet, the pull was undeniably powerful. Wandering with purpose, she let it pull her, guide her this way and that. Till finally she came to a military installation and walked right to the front gate without batting an eyelash.

The guard considered the 4'11" tiny redhead warily and kindly asked her purposed and for an ID card. Hers, was out of date by ten years, still showed her a republic citizen, a Jedi to boot. Long story, she never got a new one once she moved to the Protectorate. She only had her military ID and somehow she didn't think that was going to go over so well. So she pulled out the old one. Finally when asked again of her purpose, she spoke softly, kindly. "I'm here to see Sargon. And before you ask he is not expecting me. But I must see him."

Sargon was at his desk going over various reports on the status of the Bakuran economy when the message came through that a rather petite red head was looking for him at the gate. Flipping on the holovid feed he instantly knew he didn't recognize her. There were some faces you forgot that blended into the crowd, but this wasn't one of them. ::Do you have the visitor's name, legionnaire?::

His display showed her republic ID which labeled her a Jedi, a most interesting turn. ::I'm on the way.: Switching his comms to his personal aide, ::Anton, please keep my schedule clear for a bit, and I'll need an update on the shipyards usage tonight.:: Knowing his aide had everything in his well qualified hands Sargon locked his datapads, and holodisplay up. It seems he had a guest, and perhaps an interesting one.

The military complex was massive in size as it housed a third of the entire 121st Legion's men, equipment, and staff necessary to run it. There was nearly an exact replica of this base on the southern continent which Sargon rotated back and froth between. In truth he liked the summer and tried to live on whichever hemisphere was experiencing the warm season. How this woman even knew exactly where to find him was a mystery, or that he'd be on the planet even. There were official channels that a citizen would have gone through to try and find him but no one on the outside would have hunted him down just that easily. Getting into his speeder he started it off towards the gate still confused.

He was dressed in a military uniform but it now had a rather odd rank insignia on it, the rank of military governor. His civilian authority had grown enormously in his new rank, but so had his military. In truth he still didn't exactly understand his limits with either, but he did understand his word was law on the world of Bakura. That fact frankly made him question his words and actions much more then he once did. Finally after a short drive he arrived at the gate his guest was waiting patiently at. Stepping out he approached her with a smile, "Good afternoon, I'm Sargon Vynea governor of Bakura. I'm told you have an urgent need to speak with me. In Zabrak fashion I invite you in, and would offer to break bread with you. By Zabrak customs that makes you my honored guest, so please join me?"

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Coryth gave a small bow of her head, out of respect of the man she was meeting. He, one she very much had to look up to from her diminutive size. Her smile, warm, bright, gentle. Her feet bare against the ground, brutal, gruesome scars criss-crossed back and forth across them, an intricate pattern of torture, and if one looked close enough continued up her legs, well beyond her the cuff of her pants. Her shirt, simple, short sleeved and exposed a very similar set of scars upon her arms. The only thing that was spared was her hands, never and face. For all the pain she'd been through in her relatively short life, you would have never known it by the way she smiled.

Her eyes came to that of the ruler, the Governor of Bakura. "Afternoon, sir. I am Jedi Master Coryth Elaris." Her voice was just as soft warm, and as kind appearing as the rest of her. Despite all the pain, she still preserved beyond, to become something more than an object of torture, a victim. She, a survivor. "Thank you for your kindness, and willingness to meet me with no notice. But I was beckoned here by the Force, and it could not, would not allow me to wait." Her smile still the same, though smaller. The gears were turning in her mind, thinking through the possibilities of why the force had brought her here to Bakura like this, pulled her so strongly to this place, this man. It was ... Strange. "I'd happily join you, and perhaps I can better explain my sudden visit on the way." Her eyes searching as she looked him over, trying to tug at the strings of the force, seeking answers.

"I wish I had more to go on. I really do." She paused, it was hard to explain sometimes to strangers. "You see ... one of my gifts is precognition." Another pause she began to follow him. "I see the ... future." A sigh followed. Most people thought her crazy, "I saw us meeting ... in an office or some room. I'm not sure, but you're name, I knew it. You spoke and introduced yourself word for word the same way to me in my vision. I do not know why I was led here, just that the force seemed to believe I was needed here. Perhaps, for you, for this planet? I am not sure. But I have faith that the force will reveal itself to me given time." Her convictions in her faith, steadfast for certain. She trusted in the force more than life itself, for it had never let her down nor betrayed her. It was always there to comfort and console her, to lead her when she needed it the most. And here today it was guiding her right to where she needed to be for the time being. "That is, if you are willing to give me the time to figure out why it has led me to you."

Opening a speeder door for her he set off back towards his office as he considered the tiny woman next to him. Her smile spoke of joy, but her body spoke of suffering. Sargon didn't know why the force brought her here, or even who she really was, but it was hard not to trust her aura of purity. Add to it simply a woman of her petite size was difficult not to trust. She could indeed be a formidable opponent perhaps, but simply by the look it was impossible to think of her as such.

"Of course you can stay, all are welcomed within the Fringe, Master Jedi. I'm curious as to why the Force has brought you hear myself. I'm pleased to find another who believes in the living Force."

Moving through the military complex he also keyed in his comm link to his aide, ::Thyv, I need a private room for Jedi Master Coryth Elaris. I'd prefer she receives one of the officer houses as to give her rank proper respect. I'm also going to need a speeder, and driver assigned to her has well for the duration of her visit.::

Switching it off he turned back to the Jedi Master as they stopped before the building containing his office. "Now that, that is taken care of lets have lunch, and we can further discuss what brings you here."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

And now she understood a little better. A kindred spirit, perhaps? Only time could answer that. "Thank you kindly Sargon. You don't have to go to such lengths for me, a simple place to stay is more than I need. My needs very simple."

She gave a nod, reaching out she spread her awareness out, touching lightly on him, one more thing had been answered. "You are a force sensitive, yes?" She asked softly, "The living force has been my guide for my whole life, even before I knew what it was. Often saved my life on the streets, when I was alone, nothing but a child, and a young one at that." Her features grew a bit dimmer, her past, dark and filled with many horrors, the scars she bore, just a small testament to all she had been through. "The Jedi, took me in and rescued me as a teenager. If not for them, I'd have died at the hands of gang on Coruscant."

Coryth kept reaching into the force, looking to why she'd been brought, possibilities swirling around them. So many ways it could go. "An Order, I'm almost certain still believes me dead. We, never exactly got along. Me and them, not a harmonious relationship." She smiled despite clear pain on the matter, following by his side as he lead them into the building.

"I'm a healer, gifted beyond measure. I made an oath to myself, that even the Jedi made hard to keep. The oath so simple, but it complicated my life. I shall do no harm, seek the weak, feeble, ill and wounded. Above all else, help those who need it most. No matter the side. No matter the cost. They are not idle words." She managed a shrug and went on, "The order let politics get in the way of who needed help the most. So, I disagreed, and told them flat out where they were wrong, and time and again we did not agree." She was rambling and knew it, but that happened when she got nervous. Her only wish that the force would reveal itself to her and quickly at that.

Sargon considered the woman as he pulled out her chair at the table. A simple lunch of a thick stew, and a large bowl of fresh fruit almost overfilled with berries. It was perhaps his favorite part of any meal, and one of the reasons he kept himself in the summer. Once she sat Sargon went to the other side of the table, and sat himself considering the situation. She believed in the living force, but didn't know why she was here. He was not one however to deny the Force that guided his own actions, and morality.

"Master Jedi, perhaps I can help you find what you need. I'm going to open myself to you, and perhaps the Force will makes it's will known." With that sad Sargon closed his eyes and felt the force around him, and again he could hear the whisper on the winds that beckoned him. Letting himself flow with the force he opened his awareness out to her, but didn't touch her mind. Instead he simply left himself open like a book, or at least whatever she was capable of reading from it. In truth Sargon found himself more, and more in the state of meditation with the Force as his guide. Now though he just sat silently, and allowed his mind to remain calmly open. There was no threat there, and no ability for him to defend should she mean harm on him. It was the ultimate gesture of trust he could think of.

@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom