Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When the Sithspawn Come Home

will you sink down to me?
RuuJnEj.jpg

'The Reef', Sector 943, Coruscant
// Build high the walls, build strong the beams
A new life is waiting but danger's no stranger here
\\
//
Worrarg Worrarg | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard \\

Left foot to a rend in the bulkhead.

Right hand around that pipe, but not too high. It's jagged any further up.

That wire's still live--no one knows where the electricity's coming from, but that doesn't really matter. Just don't touch it.

You can lean out at a 45° angle now; the metal is strong enough to hold your weight. Pivot almost 180. Easy to make the jump to the other side.

Grab hold of that sill. It's narrow, but there's enough room. Not too tight, though, or you'll tire out.

There's still a ways to go. Not too far, but a dangerous drop.

Easier to take your time, monkey down, and land at the bottom on unbroken legs.

Damsy did just that, as she always had and always would too--probably. After the third or forth time this standard year down the empty elevator shaft, she had begun to enjoy the few minutes like most other workouts she carved out time for in her day. More so, even, though this exercise had gotten to be rather mindless. She always climbed down in the same way, there wasn't the surprise of a joust, but that element waited her after decent and at the end of the corridor it led to instead. That was the exciting bit. She could hear her heart in her ears, feel it in her throat, as she approached the open pylon doors of the abandoned factory.

Arisso, the Technobeast who had been working as an excavation foreman on Korriban when Damsy rescued him and his team, was speaking to one of his former workers in all his scuffed-but-shiny glory unhindered by the linen mummy wrappings he had been subjected to and limited by on the Eternal homeworld. He caught sight of her and, after excusing himself from the conversation, moved to meet her. "Taras*!" he called, extending his arms into a welcoming wingspan with a series of involuntary squeaks. Someone still had sand in his gears.

Though she did not know nearly enough to converse on her own, Arisso had gotten her used to enough through listening to him and the others. Still, she didn't know what this word meant, but could gather it was something vaguely glorifying based on its lively delivery. Damsy blushed, flush mostly hidden by melanin but there nonetheless. "Nah, man, stop," she threw back at normal volume, but gave him a hug nonetheless. If she had understood him, she may have argued that she just pulled 'em off an ole dustball during all-out war.

Yup. 'Just.' That totally sounded unheroic.

He smiled at her with the same kind eyes she had gotten to know deep within that Sith tomb. "Vexok**--"

That was one she did know. "--savaka***," she finished in ur-Kittât, simply repeating the last word of a phrase she had heard enough to nail down the mouthform. "I know, I know." She laughed a little. He had said it for old times' sake, even though those times were just weeks old and a few more passed, and she knew it, but it was a reality here too. No rest for the not-so-wicked. It was going to take lots of time and more effort to pave the entire road to Chaos with their best intentions. "Has Kai gotten here yet?"

"You've been the first visitor all day."

There was no time for an understanding nod before the Shifter cast her eyes back the way she had come. She sure hoped the Jedi weren't giving him any more trouble. "How about Forerunner?" she asked instead, centering her gaze on her friend, though she knew the answer.

He threw his head to indicate inside.

As she walked on into the factory lobby, not before a pat on Arisso's shoulder, she fiddled with her wrist HUD until Ursula was activated. Her voice came immediately. : || You've been a busy seamouse, Miss Callat. Recruitment on Artorias, a freedom run from Korriban, a rescue in the Tingel Arm... || :

So then did Damsy's in reply. "I needta be if I don't want this thing to crumble like a stone cairn in storm wind."

: || Quite, but I worry you and Mr. Kai will kill yourselves before the Jedi do. || :

She meant that in the best way, Damsy told herself every time the AI said something like that. She meant well, cared about them both and what they were doing in every way an AI developing sentience could. Still, those words bit. Hard too. "Eh, I mean, it's gonna happen sometime, somehow."

* = she who protects
** = wake up--
*** = --there is work to do.

Last edited:
Peering down into the dark depths of the elevator shaft, Nineveh Aylmer whistled and listened to the sound echo back up to her. “Well, this is quite the pickle we find ourselves in, Kai.”

<I wish I hadn’t skipped telekinesis class last week,> Kai mused, staring into the abyss with a furrowed brow. <Then maybe I could have floated you down.>

Nineveh smirked. “Any other ideas?”

<I could carry you.>

“No.” Her answer was hasty, but adamant. Tugging at the folds of the blanket hiding her misshapen legs from view, she added, “I go down in the hoverchair, or not at all.”

Like Damsy, Kai had sought out other Sithspawn like himself, although he had admittedly kept the range of his search closer to home. So far Nineveh was all that he had to show for his efforts, and he hadn’t found her so much as he had been introduced to her by a mutual acquaintance.

Nineveh was fifteen years old, with doll-like features dominated by her large, unusually wide-set blue eyes. Normal and healthy as a child, her body had begun to grow in unnatural, painful ways upon reaching puberty. Her legs had been the first to go, leaving her unable to walk, and the rest of her body was slowly but surely falling prey to the warped treelike growth. She lived in one of the finest hospitals on Coruscant, yet even with access to some of the best medical care in the galaxy, the doctors could only treat the symptoms and manage her pain.

Eventually Jedi healers were invited in to help, but when the almighty Force proved unable—or perhaps unwilling—to cure her, she was deemed a hopeless case. One particularly frustrated Jedi had declared Nineveh was the problem, and that was the first time she was ever referred to as Sithspawn.

As the mutual acquaintance who had introduced Kai to Nineveh explained, she had been a foster child, handed over to the state at the age of nine. Before that, she had lived on a sprawling estate deep in Sith Imperial space, under the watchful eye of her “grandfather”, the Sith alchemist Messala. The very same Sith who had made Kai.

<I’ll carry the hoverchair down with you in it.> Kai suggested. <It may not be comfortable, but I think I can do it.>

“Okay,” she agreed, though she didn’t sound all that sure. “Better than nothing.”

Kai crouched slightly, sprouting a second pair of arms with which to grasp the chair and its occupant. Once she was reasonably secure, he leaped across the chasm, grabbing onto the opposite wall and beginning his descent.

“Careful!” Nineveh hissed. “Don’t jerk me around so much.”

<Sorry.> Kai darted from pipe to sill, following the path Damsy had laid out for the Sithspawn to follow.

“Why’d you guys pick such a dangerous hideout, anyway? I mean, you don’t have to get a penthouse suite, but this place is kinda… eh.” She wrinkled her nose. “Smells bad, too.”

<It doesn’t bother me.>

“Yeah, well, you’re special. You can probably turn off your sense of smell at will.”

<Yup.> Kai made the final drop. His landing at the bottom provoked a yelp from Nineveh, followed by grumbling. <We’re here.>

“Yeah, now either put me down or turn around so I can actually see it.”

He set her down, his extra set of arms reabsorbing into his body. She manipulated her hoverchair, spinning around and heading forward, getting a good look at the Sithspawn hideout. “Huh. It’s not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I mean, a secret base way out here didn’t sound all that promising, so my expectations were already low, but… it’s fine, I guess.” Hearing voices, she winced. “Ah crap, I gotta talk to people now, don’t I?”

Kai beamed at her.

“Ugh, do I have to?”

Kai continued to beam at her.

“‘Okay good, okay fine.’” Nineveh leered at him, then begrudgingly hovered over toward the sounds of voices, Kai following close behind.

So many beings, so many machines, so much life, yet so much death. It was fascinating, watching them all through the walls, towers, and air speeders that they used. Those eyes of his were truly showing him the combination of incredibleness of Coruscant, and it's less savory aspects. Seeing the many beings on it, yet the parasites. When so many lived, so many also died. The more people you saved, the more people ultimately would perish. An inevitability of death that just waited while life kept moving on and on, often growing stronger yet also making death stronger in the process. Endless existence. Well, for all that mattered anyway.

The large white and white haired creature sat quietly, simply watching all that went on. He had been given passage from his hideout on a much more forested world by a 'sithspawn' an artificial creation, like he was. And so here he was, joining on an adventure, or quest, or journey. He still had a great many years left, and this seemed a good choice of that time.

He saw Damsy Callat Damsy Callat on her way. But there was more, his head tilted slightly as he sensed more irregularities. More presences that were outside of the traditional. With the last case of Damsy, he had to assume these were as well 'sithspawn' or at the very least, altered or artificial like him. He didn't stand up, that would probably not be the best choice. Instead he stayed low, simply orienting himself so that he was mostly facing the entrance. Though, even like this his size and numerous limbs were evident.

Before they arrived, he peaked the edge of his head out to speak to Damsy after she finished talking with Arisso. He spoke in Huttese, though, there was the issue that she might not understand. He needed to have that fixed. In case she didn't, one of neck upper arms reached out, simply pointing towards Arlo Renard Arlo Renard and the girl through the walls as they moved down and to the building, ["You have arrivals. They look like us I think." he said.

Even if she didn't understand his words, there was some level of excitement in his voice. A desire for learning, for experiences, it may never be satiated.

She did understand Forerunner, though, through the Basic translations of Ursula rather than his original words. But something was still better than nothing, or going back to writing and reading. She thought of Kai as Forerunner suggested his presence; maybe she could teach the Voran telepathy and, like, translate over the empyrean. Damsy had never heard of anyone being able to do that, or even trying, but she had become quite the skilled telepath baby step by baby step since her possession by Syreni. If anyone could manage it, it could very well be her. Both alters, as it were.

Damsy couldn't help but smile at Forerunner's tone, pure in its wonderment. She had heard that before, in many different languages; a quality like that was easy to understand in all of them because it could be independent of the words being said. Acadia, Kai, him, and--way back when--herself. In all the ways that they reminded her of kid Damsy, she felt like she was baby sitting the three Sithspawn. It didn't bother her though. On the contrary, she never wanted it to end, but also knew it would, and if she did a good job they would each grow in a similar way she had:

From a shark pup who could barely walk out of water to one of the most famous special force commandos the Confederacy had had. Once upon a time. And from there, someday, hopefully soon, a Sithspawn with a shattered personality mended with the golden light of Ashla into a New Jedi Knight. Master, maybe? Kintsugi to the highest degree.

A long dawn out metamorphosis that was, would be painful to the emotions and physicality without anything to do with her Shifter biology.

"Good to see you, su'mus*." Arisso's slightly mechanized voice cut through Damsy's reflections. He had said that to Kai no doubt; Damsy could feel his neutralized presence in the general vicinity a few meters back. He hadn't met the doppelganger before, but the former foreman acted like he knew everyone when it came to fellow Spawn. Damsy had been taken aback by such aggressive friendliness when she had been on the receiving end of it, thrust by the Sith into his command and care, but now was warmed to the habit.

Still, motioned with a finger for Forerunner the follow, walked back over to Arisso, and slung an arm over his shoulder. "Kai, hi," she added to the cyborg's greeting. "And Kai's friend. I'm Damsy." She was beaming by now too, but it faltered just a bit when her eyes slid to appraise Nineveh's hoverchair. "Sorry 'bout the nasty drop, lady."

"We could put in a ramp," suggested Arisso.

The Shifter's smile returned in glory, but she waited to hear the young lady's assessment of such an idea.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Worrarg Worrarg
* = son (not used literally)

The first Sithspawn Kai saw was Arisso, a technobeast. Kai didn’t know what su’mus meant, but it sounded nice. Then there was the giant carnivorous white bird, Forerunner. <Hi,> he greeted everyone telepathically, accompanied by a wave.

Nineveh eyed Forerunner and Arisso with uncertainty, then glanced at Kai. He wasn’t sure what she was looking at him for, until he realized she expected him to introduce her to his friends, even though the only person here he knew was Damsy.

<This is Nineveh.> He gestured to her. <She’s a Sithspawn too.> Maybe the clarification wasn’t needed, but Nineveh was an unusual Sithspawn. She wasn’t a powerful predator made for combat, or a foreman built for hard labor, or a shapeshifter. Kai knew her well enough at this point to have deduced that she was probably comparing herself unfavorably to the others.

Sure enough, the first words out of Nineveh’s mouth after he introduced her were “I heard you all were planning a revolution. I’m not sure I can be of much use, but I’m on board to help any way I can.” A pause as she sighed. “And a ramp would be nice, if it’s not too much trouble.”

Thank goodness for translations, made things far easier. He knew there were more mobile translators, that was a potential possibility. But he wasn't sure they were reliable. Or that they'd last all that long on him. He emerged more from the back as Damsy Callat Damsy Callat gestured for him to follow, his six legs and two neck arms growing more apparent in his movement. He kept his neck somewhat folded in a way, avoiding standing to his full height whether or not he'd fit. Just to keep from towering too much.

When Kai waved, the smaller neck arm on Forerunner waved back. He noted the woman's condition, interesting that a sithspawn would have physical ailments. Perhaps it was a failed experiment, wouldn't make it her fault. But he could imagine it was not a pleasant situation to be in. 'Kai' and "Nineveh' he gave telepathically. Useful skill, probably even more useful for him eventually, if he'd learn it. The clarification of her being sithspawn was indeed not needed. In a funny way, her situation was in complete reverse of his own. She at least appeared somewhat normal, if clearly not so physically able, whereas he was extremely physically able, but stood out like a sore thumb. Wouldn't mean he wanted to trade places however.

At the same time, her next comment immediately reminded him of saying almost the exact same thing when he met with Damsy. Again in Huttese, he spoke, gesturing to himself. ["I am called Forerunner."] he said quite simply at first, it was the translation of his name, probably easier than asking them to call him 'Worrarg.' ["I have not dealt with the galaxy for long, but I am most eager to become familiar with it and the people in it. Things were not going too well for me on my own however, I was given help."] he gave a gesture at the end to Damsy. He'd probably still be stuck on the planets forest if it weren't for that. Maybe even for quite long time.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Ursula would continue to translate for Forerunner, unlinking her voice from Damsy's earpiece and instead projecting it over the gauntlet's speakers for all nearby to hear.

Damsy nodded at Nineveh, then back at Forerunner. "Please, I didn't do all that much," Damsy replied to his suggestion. While finding him, building trust, and transporting him off-world was indeed help, she didn't care for it earning her more credit that she deserved. "What you do now is really what'll count." She tightened her half-hug around Arisso. "That goes for all of us. This looker's Arisso, by the way. Got'im off Korriban, when I was...uh, captured by Sith after dropping Runny off here. He was spearheadin' a slave dig in the Valley, all Spawn. They came 'long too." With her free hand, the Shifter motioned inside to the reception area. "I know she's no bombshell, but she's about as secure as we can ask for. A little elbow grease, though, and we'll pretty her up."

She put on her best 'it'll be 'right' smile, spreading what she hoped to be comforting convincement from Forerunner to Nineveh to Kai. Arisso and his former forced employees were already on board. This was going to be hard work, and not just the renovations. Surely that though. And it was the place to start.

"Revolution's the sensible endgame, yeah," Damsy added to her attempt, but left the explanation at that for now. It was a ways off yet if things went well, which they actually probably wouldn't, but that wasn't a reason not to try. Just to not get hopes up too quickly. Just to stay off her soapbox for now, though every moment with the Jedi since Dagon had all but forced her to undergo Master Orsk's cleansing ritual had been one she had to fight for.

"But for now I think what we oughtta focus on is making a house a home. I don't expect us all to do heavy lifting, just help as we can to settle errbody in. Arisso?"

He had been in the factory nearly 24/7 since arriving to Coruscant, while Damsy spent much more of her time these days at the Temple keeping up padawan appearances, so she deferred to his opinions of what needed doing first. He suggested securing more food, finishing restoring power to all rooms of The Reef, and boosting morale by meeting the few residents.

"I'll do whatever," she commented afterwards, letting go of her newest friend and straightening up. "Alone or with onna y'all. Don't matter to me."

Thankfully Damsy's translator would allow him to communicate with the rest, that was good. Made life easier. He didn't have much to say about her avoidance of credit though, while it might not have required great immediate effort on her part. It was still of considerable value to him. She went on to talk about cleaning up the place, that at least was something he hoped he could help with. Long as they weren't expecting a decorator, however he wasn't told anything specific yet and Kai also offered to help.

["If there is something I can help with, I'm willing. Though I'm afraid I will be of little use making anything feel more like a 'home.'"] He explained, though he noticed Ninevehs glance around. There was, of course, also the issue of doing anything outside. While there were certainly many species in the galaxy, he wasn't sure he should get himself seen too often. However what he did was most definitely a bit blunt, he was technically an adult yes. But he was accelerated into that stage, and many social customs remained a bit abnormal. He gestured vaguely to Nineveh's condition, voicing his earlier thoughts, ["We are reversed. But why? I was made purely for the traits gained. Supposed to be a biological advancement."] what he said of himself wasn't stated with pride, simply as fact. As explanation for his abnormal appearance.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Damsy would probably have staggered at Forerunner's question had her stance not widened and her arms crossed over her chest. Still, taken aback, she blinked a couple times, untucked a hand out of the fold of her other arm, and held it out open-palmed towards the girl. "You don't have to, uh, answer that, Nines," she clarified, hoping to limit any oncoming offense.

This was the dark side of not the Force, but of babysitting.

Of course, she knew he meant well--was just curious, but curiosity could kill the loth-cat or turn off the Sithspawn, as it were.

Nineveh’s eyebrows shot up, the corners of her mouth curling in a tight-lipped smirk at Forerunner's bluntly phrased question. Taking Damsy’s advice, she didn’t say anything. But Kai didn’t see any reason not to answer.

<Nineveh was probably meant to be a work in progress. Her grandfather was a Sith alchemist, and the one who raised her. He never expected she would be taken away from him before he had a chance to finish making her into whatever she was supposed to be. Probably some type of plant hybrid—>

His stream of thought was cut off by Nineveh pushing her hover chair forward just to punch him in the shoulder. It wasn’t a particularly hard blow, but Kai hated being hit by people he considered friends. He fell silent, a wounded expression on his face, though he understood that she had done it to shut him up.

“As you have probably guessed, I can’t be of much help cleaning the place up or moving things around,” Nineveh said. “But there has to be other things I can do. I’m good at gardening, if you need crops grown to feed all these Sithspawn that are pouring in.”

Worrarg tilted his head slightly at Damsy Callat Damsy Callat 's comment, he wasn't going to say anything about it of course. But he didn't quite understand what was wrong with what he asked. It was a logical question to him, perhaps even one that could be applicable depending on the answer. While she didn't answer, Kai did. Interesting, so it was not as much a disadvantage of a better plan, but an attempt that had not quite succeeded.

His explanation was however cut off by the girl giving him a light punch. Alright, so that type of question...not generally wanted. Though, they didn't tell him directly not to ask, or what the parameters were for it. He'd consider that further. The topic changed back to matters of what could be done, her physical capabilities were clearly limited but she did seem to have some skill. Long as there was some kind of meat to be had around that was good, though certainly it was more advantageous to other races.

He nodded his head, ["Just inform me of where I'm needed if there's something that I can do. Physical attributes were designed to be very high so most of those matters should be solvable."] he suggested. Not that he could think of anything he could do himself. As far as he was concerned everything was already fine, but his standards weren't exactly very high having hidden in cargo ships or forests.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Again.

"Arisso?"

"I would appreciate Forerunner's height to help finish hooking up the power throughout this floor," mused the Technobeast.

Damsy looked to Forerunner. "Up for that?" Regardless of the actual logistics of what he could do with his neck-arms, he would indeed be useful in suggested regard. Whether manipulating aged mechanics was within his capability or not, it was surely in Arisso's. He just needed the boost Forerunner boasted.

She then motioned from Nineveh to Kai. "C'mon, I'll show you the coolant reactor. I reckon it'd be the most practical place to grow anything down here." Things could be done to fix the natural smell of an old power plant, but next to nothing could mitigate the heat that went along with restarting industrial processes that had been out of commission for decades: 835 ABY, by the looks of recovered documentation of the place.

The entire group made its way into a reception area. Arriso stopped at a sizable, but not huge, generator situated more or less in the middle of the space, and beckoned Forerunner to do that same. He kicked at a bundle of wide cords coming off it but not hooked up to anything else. Yet. He pointed up to an apex of the ceiling. The darkness collected there, but an over-imaginative eye could make out an empty outlet. "Let's start there," he said in his authorative-but-personable foreman way—that 'this sounds like a suggestion but is really an order' manner.

Damsy continued meandering on, hoping Nineveh and Kai were still in tow. Scaffolding staircases and catwalks, all draped with clear plastic curtains, led the way up half a level to a small threshold. The ghost of a door ripped off its hinges wrapped another length of plastic around itself, though this one's transparency had been marred with red spray paint arranged in a square dovetailed at each of its corners. The Shifter took up the steps quickly, two at a time, turned around on the landing, and motioned for the two friends to stay put for a moment.

That was as long as it took for her eyes to fall closed, a sheet of metal leaning nearby to rattle and lift, then cover up the steps to smooth out a makeshift ramp. Damsy opened her eyes and threw her neck to indicate behind her.

Last edited:
Kai followed Damsy, tailed closely by Nineveh, while Arisso and Forerunner paired off together. The group of Sithspawn reached a room with a large generator. There was no missing the old industrial aspects of their new hideaway; the prevalence of rusted machinery, dusty wiring and grimy durasteel surfaces made it impossible.

That said, it was gradually becoming more of a shantytown as the new residents cobbled a home together from scraps and parts. Case in point: Damsy levitated a piece of sheet metal to serve as a ramp for Nineveh, making Kai wish even more that he had gone to that telekinesis class.

The trio continued on. “So, uh…” Nineveh’s voice broke the quiet. “Are we going to be sharing this place with… non-Sithspawn, or…?”

Worrarg nodded as he was given an opportunity. His height, reasonable thing to take advantage of. As they went onwards. Arisso would show him an outlet, he would then point upwards. The darkness wasn't an issue, since Forerunner's sight didn't rely any on light. He gave an order, and Forerunner looked at the cords, he leaned down grabbing the cords, ensuring they were untangled with the smaller (comparatively) arms around his neck.

He adjusted his position on the ground, looking down and up, his head tilting a few times before his front legs shoved against the ground letting him rear into the air and reach his neck arms up to carefully place the plug into the socket holding himself in place for a few seconds to ensure it was secure. Really, a fully rear was unnecessary, as his height was already considerable. It wasn't so much for the extra distance as it was to make it easier for the neck arms to make the upwards movement, since they were better positioned for things in front and below. They could do above and behind, but it was naturally harder.

The Voran looked at Arisso with the milky white eyes and simply waited for further instruction. He was perfectly happy to be useful. In truth, there was some level of enjoyment in making use of his abnormal physical design. Even though he wasn't the creator, he felt some level of desire to live up to the hopes of him.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

“Are we going to be sharing this place with… non-Sithspawn, or…?”

Damsy nodded. Her smile was not visible to the Sithspawn behind her, but rather audible in her voice. "Nah, not if I can help it," she explained. "As far as I'm aware, folks 'round these parts had forgotten about this place, and now they know at least one Sithspawn, yours truly, has moved in. Me 'cause I talk to 'em, pay 'em off, keep 'em quiet. Think of it as normal person rent. So even if a few drifters knew down here's habitable, I don't think they'd chance meeting one of us. It's like the one instance where stereotypes does us good."

Through an elongated bullpen decorated scantly with what would look like various Sith artifacts—though mostly small pieces of furniture and décor—the two came into another hallway. Like the entryway, this too had and elevator shaft at the end, but this one was in much better shape. And was operational too, as the rounded blast doors slid open once Damsy had neared enough. She stopped to usher Kai and Nineveh inside before following herself and pressing a button on the inside panel reading factory floor.

Their destination floor opened into a junction of three more hallways, a labyrinth. Damsy pointed to the right and then took to leading the way again. "This way. It seems big, but you'll get used to it quick." She could promise because she had.

Meanwhile, up on the lobby floor, Arisso smiled up at Forerunner as the unlit half of the reception area flickered to golden life. "That's it. I was having the hardest time figuring how to get up there." Then it hit him. Not a tactic for next time, but the gravity of the entire situation. What it meant to have a Sithspawn sanctuary anywhere, but specifically in the Core. They'd have to rely on each others' strengths to cover their individual weaknesses if they all were to survive here.

"Let's go to the qabbrat. We've got a similar setup over there."

Nineveh’s sigh of relief was a little too audible. Living with Sithspawn was one thing; sharing living space with regular squatters was another. Oh sure, some of them were nice people, but still…

Kai was distracted by all the stuff they were encountering. <What are those?> he asked, pointing to the Sith artifacts on display. <How did you get the lift working? Does the whole factory have power?...>

The lift took the trio into a maze of hallways. Nineveh stuck close to Damsy, and grabbed Kai’s hand to keep the wayward boy from wandering off and getting lost. All the while, Kai kept asking questions.

<How big is it? Do any of the machines still work? Can we use it to make stuff?...>

Smiling was not exactly an expression that worked as much for his race but he did indeed experience some joy at the ease of fixing the problem. An odd sensation, things were more lightly taken at present than before. In truth, he was in a far better position than he was in previously. Perhaps Arisso wasn't, but for Forerunner this was an upgrade.

He gave a nod as the second objective was given, and would follow at whatever speed Arisso chose to lead at. Wasn't really a whole lot to say, and he was fine with waiting on some things. Busying too much was simply unnecessary. No need to fill in every gap with something he figured.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom