Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When the Past Catches Up

Aspen Dray

A
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Juli Moore

The afternoon was hotter than usual for the season. Weather reports had mentioned something about a record breaking heatwave. I was tired, exhausted from an early morning answering the call for another burglary. With the galaxy on edge, and rumors of war swirling everywhere, crime was always one of the first things on the rise. It was good for my bank account, but it was bad for the streets, and my stress. I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow, I just remember my comm ringing loud enough it would wake the dead. It had to, because I was hard sleeper. It was rare that I got any sleep, but when I did, I was out.​
"Fyke," I cursed looking at the name on the screen. It was the precinct, again.​
I sighed as I took the call, the last bit of must have been heard over the call because my chief was already getting after me about my attitude. Like he remembered what it was like being a street cop. His job was more politics than actual crime fighting anyway. Everyone was simply on edge, and the pressure was on him to reduce the uptick in crime. That meant cops like myself took the brunt of it. At least I was good at what I did, and I closed my cases.​
Another break in... I rolled my eyes before checking the weather. It had cooled off for the night, enough I grabbed my jacket. I didn't know why I was bothering with the lower levels. Break ins were common, too common, but rarely led anywhere. They were usually open and shut cases, something I could close in an hour or two if it was reported fast enough. Fortunately for me, this one was. It felt good slapping the cuffs on Rodian that had tried stealing from his own father's shop. Something was off though. My senses told me there was more going on.​
That's when I saw her.
There was no mistaking her face, the way her hair came down over her eye, or the playful smirk that always seemed to pull at the corner of her mouth. How long had it been since I'd seen her, not since I went legit. I was a cop now, I couldn't mess with her, I shouldn't be seen with her at all, but I couldn't help myself.​
"Dammit," I muttered under my breath as she took off. I was spotted, she saw me.​
I ran after her, trying to catch her. She could give me the slip if she really wanted to. As I ran after I found myself hoping she didn't want to. Friends had been hard to come by, and she was an old one, one my oldest friend, not that I had been a good friend since I left. She was going to hate me for that.​
She ran into an alleyway. I knew it was a dead end, did she? I waited for a minute to say anything as we both reached the wall. She had to turnaround and face me right?​
"J," my nickname for her, "I know you know it's me... you didn't have anything to do with that back there... did you?"

Juli Moore

J
Attire: [xxx]
Tag: | Aspen Dray |

-----------------------------

All of the days had started blurring together now. Days would bleed into nights, nights would rush by into the next day, and it was all crazily disorienting. At this point in time, Juli didn't even know what day it was, hell she didn't even know what time it was at the moment. No, there was no thick drug use, and no alcohol abuse either, it was merely because she had upended her day to day life and stepped away from the track she had been on. There were no longer jobs or tasks to keep her on track. No certain times to be at certain places, no specific days to turn in whatever was needed at that given time. And it was all very, very hard to get used to.

Walking away from a way of life that had raised and molded her had been one of the hardest things that Juli had ever done. It wasn't malicious, she had no intentions of running and turning any given person in for any number of crimes, it was nothing like that at all. No, it had been something...internal that had been gnawing at her for months now. Something that kept her less focused on the job, and made her almost sloppy a time or two. Her inner beast was always right beneath the surface of her skin now, vying for dominance, and yearning for something that Juli herself just could place. And so she had needed to make a decision; rather than put her makeshift family at risk, she had left the ranks.

And no, it was not easy. Juli was a sociable creature by nature, so this being alone thing? Tough, very tough. But, she was surviving. She had her own means, she more than knew how to take care of herself, so that part was made. It was the alone aspect of it all that she was having trouble with. That, and the constant sensation like she was looking for something that felt impossible to find.

But she was pulled from the reverie of these deep thoughts however when there was almost a command from her second nature telling her to look up. So naturally Juli's gaze peeled upwards from the ground until she found some sort of scene laid out before her. A busted break in? She scoffed, "What an ammature..." she mumbled to herself, though anything else she could have commented about the fact died right at the tip edge of her tongue when she spotted familiarity. For just a moment the brunette stared, partially to make sure she was seeing what she thought she was seeing, and partially because she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

And then just like that, that soft smirk pulled at one corner of her mouth and she gazed across the distance with an almost challenging stare before her body pivoted and she took off running. Some part of her knew that he would follow, she was absolutely positive of it, and sure enough it didn't take long for her to pick up on the sound of his footfalls behind her. She led him on only a short goosechase, needing to only get him far enough away from his officer duties to keep either of them out of trouble, and when that was accomplished she turned down an alley that would provide them with cover for the time being.

And he spoke first. The use of his nickname for her made her smirk again, though his accusatory question made her scoff again - loudly. "Please." she let out and laid a hand against her hip. "When have you ever known me to be sloppy?" The fingers against her hip drummed against the exposed flesh once or twice, and her smirk ebbed just a tad as she looked him over for a moment. "So this is where you've been, hm? No word of warning, no goodbyes, just poof. Cop."

Aspen Dray

A

Juli came out swinging, it was playful, but she was still swinging. I deserved it. She wasn't the only one to leaver her old life behind. Even though I was known to hop around, I always called, or sent notes to at least let her know I was okay. Ever since joining the CSF I hadn't done any of that. Cutting ties with that part of my life seemed to make the most sense. Sure my superiors knew of my past, but the people who counted on me daily, they didn't need to know that the guy helping them track down crooks on the regular used to be one himself.​
I sighed, trying to look shocked or hurt that she could somehow be upset, but I couldn't. The banter, that had always been easy, ever since we had been teenagers. It didn't take long for my mock frown to curl upwards into a smirk. There was no sense in hiding my amusement. The woman in front of me always had the ability to see through whatever front I put up anyway.​
"Never, you. Doesn't mean you didn't set it up to get my attention or something, cuz that... I wouldn't put past you."
She would never have been so sloppy on her own, but she would do just about anything to get attention. I looked her over, and then shook my head.​
"But I can tell you're as shocked to see me as I am to see you," I said relying on the natural empathy that came from being part Zeltron. Her shock was on her sleeves despite the smirk she wore on her face.​
I walked closer to her. There was no sense in keeping distance from someone I knew so well. There was no one in the galaxy I didn't know better than her, or at least at one point. Life was so different for me now, and it likely was for her as well. The dirty alley was no place to catch up, but here they were, a cop and criminal hiding out. I knew why she pulled me back where no one was watching. Though if I didn't check in, they were going to send someone to look for me.​
"I gotta keep'em off my back, k?"
I pulled out my comm and made a call.​
"Chasing a lead... kid might have been put up to it... take him to the station for processing... I'll be there when I can."
I hung up... that should buy us the time we needed to talk, or whatever it was people did when they caught up with old friends. My eyes wandered. She had certainly done some growing up since we had last seen each other. Juli had always been something to look at, but age had done nothing but make that even more true. That smirk tugged at my lips again, the one that was attached to certain memories with her.​
"Didn't mean to... guess after my dad killed the boss I had to go into hiding... oh yeah by the way my dad didn't die some hero and he is very much alive still..."
I wondered how she would take that news considering I told her what I had been told my whole life.​
"...and he killed the boss."

Juli Moore

J

-----------------------------

There was a loud scoff from Juli, and she arched a brow. "Well, aren't we mister accusy pants." she let out with a shake of the head. The hand against her hip shifted so that the brunette could fold her arms beneath her bust line and give her old friend quite the look. Funny how some things never really changed - and funny how they did, really. "But you're not wrong," she added, shifting her weight to balance more on one leg than the other, hip jutted out with it. "I'm definitely surprised to see you..."

When he stepped closer, there was no immediate urge for Juli to take a step back or away from him. Despite the amount of time spent apart, and clearly growing in different paths, there was still the lingering familiarity between them that had not seemed to dampen in the least little bit. Perhaps it was the fact that the pair of them had shared more intimate firsts - both platonic and not - than most people tended to. Or perhaps it was something more than that...

Either way, when he had spoken up about keeping the others off of their train, she was obediently quiet. But once that was done? Well, her smirk was right back in place, more full this time and not just a little touch to the corner of her mouth. "That was most certainly not very policeman like, now was it?" Not that she seemed to be bothered by the fact by the least little bit. But just as quickly as she was impressed, as quickly as her smirk appeared, it was gone. The words that ahd tumbled past Aspen's lips made her arms tighten against herself some, and her smirk had faded into a frown.

"How do you know these things?" she finally found the ability to ask, though her frown didn't ebb any. "Who told you something like that?"

Aspen Dray

A

No doubt her surprise was in the fact I was a cop, not the fact Juli had actually seen me. While the galaxy was large, there were few worlds where criminal activity was such that it attracted both criminal and law enforcement alike. Truth be told, I knew nothing I did would make a difference in actually reducing the amount of crime, but it would for the victim. I had spent too much of my life taking from others, this was my penance, to give back. Juli likely would not understand if it came up, and I was definitely sure she was going to ask at some point, at least once I ran out of way to keep the conversation from going there.​
For now, she seemed content to tease me for not acting like a cop.​
"Who is accusing who now?"
The question, which was laced with sarcasm and flirtatious banter, rolled off my tongue too easily. Everything with Juli had been easy. Neither one of us had ever been the type to say no to the other. It was why I couldn't tell her I was leaving. She would have asked me to stay, and I would not have been able to say no. I didn't want to put much stock into the reasons why that was. It simply was a truth about the way we worked. People wanted to attach feelings like love and affection into stuff like that, but not me, I had no clue what those were to begin with.​
At least the conversation would focus on my news. Juli was certainly shocked.​
"How about we start with the fact I met him, and my half sister, and my half brother. Apparently my mother got around. What they didn't lie about was the fact he was a Jedi, but Magz never told him about me so... well you know about my time with my grandfather and why I had to leave. I was there when he killed the boss too. Apparently it turns out he'd had a hit out on my mom for a while, and my dad worked for him at some point too. Saintly roots I got... huh?"
It was good to see her, and despite the fact I was still close, I pulled away. Everything in me wanted to forget that I was cop and she was still a criminal. I wanted to forget I had been the one to leave and just pick up where we left off, but I knew that was likely not in the cards. Juli didn't pull away, but she didn't really close the gap either. It wasn't an easy thing to recover from, just leaving like I did.
"So, what's got you here then, if you had nothing to do with that thing back there? You finally get out too?"

Juli Moore

J

-------------------------

This....was a lot to take in. Never mind the jabs, or the teasing. The information that Aspen had just dropped into her lap wiped the usual smirk from her lips and caused her brow to furrow. It wasn't often that Juli wore such an expression, but this definitely seemed a moment appropriate to do as such. Honestly she didn't know what to say in response, hell what could she say in response? That had to have been a lot for him to absorb over whatever period of time, so for Juli to try and do it all at once? Her head shook, "I'm sorry you had to handle that on your own." And she was, truly. That was the sort of impactful life changes that typically required support, after all.

But as he rounded back to the investigative questioning, Julian sighed and rolled her eyes. Despite the bomb of information, she did her best to set it aside for later processing and instead focused on what was being asked of her now. She arched a brow at him, and her arms tightened against herself. He had taken a step back, and she took a step forward to lessen the space between them once again. Maybe it was old habit, maybe it wasn't, but whatever the case it kept the distance between them small so when she spoke up she would be heard despite the fact that her voice had quietened.

"Yes." It was a simple, one worded answer, but it was so much more than that one word. That single answer had more depth and meaning than anything else she could say, and he of all people would know it. She had walked away from the pit of criminal activity. She had packed up, turned her back, and walked away. There was no longer an association with the world that had raised her; ties had been cut and while there were connections available if she ever really needed them? Clearly she wasn't out seeking resources from said connections. Juli had uprooted herself from everything she had ever known and was now trying to navigate a life without.

Not easy, as Aspen would well know.

Aspen Dray

A

"Yeah, well... story of my life I suppose," came his answer.​
Aspen knew Juli meant well and was truly genuine with her condolences. He just didn't want to admit he needed them. Sure, he was playing the tough guy, definitely a habit where his relationship with Juli was involved. Just because they had shared a few firsts together did not mean either of them had learned to be truly vulnerable with each other. That was actually something the Zeltron was working on. This new line of work, being on the opposite end of his old life, it wasn't much different in certain ways. One still had to remain guarded, and it was hard to let people get close. If anyone was going to though, it would be Juli.​
Even as Aspen took a step back to create distance, she didn't let it happen. She closed the distance, but only as her voice dropped and the truth of her own situation was revealed.​
Aspen nodded. There was a lot in that one word answer he didn't need to ask. He knew how hard the transition was, and rather than ask if she was okay, because he knew she was not, he asked the one thing that likely mattered most.​
"When did you eat last, and where are you staying?"
Life was different without the resources of a criminal organization at your disposal. Sure, if Juli wanted to, she could walk three blocks to the hotel on the corner and get a room for free, and have whatever she wanted to eat. It came with loyalty though, doing jobs for whoever took over after Dothan was killed by Aspen's father. It was life they had both walked away from, and Aspen so much so he was enforcing the law rather than breaking it.​
KATHWAAACK!!!
A loud crack of lightning and thunder peeled across the sky above them, and in seconds it started to rain. Whatever Juli was going to say in regards to where she was staying, that didn't matter now. They had to get somewhere dry.​
"You still run fast? My place is 10 blocks from here... let me help a friend?"
...or someone a little bit more...

Juli Moore

J
Julian.png

ZOO CREW - LUPINE JULIAN
Tags: Aspen Dray

It was good that he knew what she meant, because honestly? Juli was most definitely playing this all by ear. She knew how to survive, hell she had made her life up to this point by surviving, but it was different, so different when the connections were no longer there. The people she had once relied on were behind her. The places she could go, or run to would no longer take her in, feed her, or anything else - not that she wanted them to. But it wasn't as if she couldn't take care of herself, and it was that very fact that made her roll her eyes at Aspen though her expression stayed amused.​
"It's been a minute since I've eaten." she answered him honestly though didn't comment about where she was staying, and she had to resist the urge to place a hand against her stomach as she realized just how long it had been since her last meal today. Not out of being unable to get one, but just from keeping herself busy trying to rearrange her life.​
But any other quip she could have made died out with a gasp when thunder cracked around them. Both of Juli's hands went to her ears and her eyes closed tightly for just a moment. Seems some things really never did change; all these years and she was still afraid of thunder. The rain didn't bother her so much, though she wasn't too fond of her clothing sticking to her but that could be dealt with later.​
"Ten blocks you said?" she questioned him, then nodded her head. "Lead the way and lets get the hell out of here."
BcjzFn.png

Aspen Dray

A

Aspen did not need to ask what Juli meant by her response. He knew food and lodging could be hard to come by when the connections could not be there. He was even aware of what the stress did to the body and appetite when that was the driving sensation. A sigh escaped his lips as he knew all too well that Juli was likely ignoring some of her basic needs because of the stubborn drive to not rely on old connections which could so easily suck her back into the life she was trying to leave. Aspen knew all too well, added to the fact no one would have helped him anyway because of what his father had done.​
A small chuckle left his lips when Juli reacted to the thunder.​
"Still," he questioned as his brow raised.​
He nodded at her next question and took her by the hand. It was second nature to him. Even after all the years a part and her hand still seemed to fit in his. They were friends, best of friends at one point, and Aspen still refused to look at all the signs which told him otherwise. The two were not just friends, they were more, but neither seemed to want to admit it.​
The rain was warm as it fell from the sky. At least they were not going to be cold, soaked was another matter. Large drops of water poured from the sky at a torrential pace. Running did not seem to do anything to hinder the pair from being totally soaked by the time they reached the iron stairs which led up to the second floor loft Aspen had managed to acquire for himself. It was not anything fancy, and looked not to dissimilar to a studio apartment. As the door opened most everything the home offered came into view.​
"The refresher is back that way if you wanted to take a shower and dry off. I'll see about finding you something dry to wear, and get some dinner started."
Aspen pulled out his comm and sent another quick message to his supervisors.​
...caught in the rain... signing out for the day... be in tomorrow!
With the message sent, Aspen gave Juli a little smile.​
"You still like your bantha steak rare?"

Juli Moore

J
Julian.png

ZOO CREW - LUPINE JULIAN

She didn't answer his inquiry about her still being afraid of thunder. It was a silly thing and she knew it, but it was there. She had been afraid since she was a kid, and while the panic from such noise not longer consumed her, it still always startled her and freaked her out just enough to put her on edge. So there was no complaint what-so-ever when Aspen reached out and took her hand. Part of that was due to knowing he would get her off of the streets and out of the rain, and the other part was the familiarity. Strange how comfortable it still was to hold his hand, even after the time they had spent apart. At one time she may have called the fact to attention, but right now all she wanted to do was get some place dry.​
Despite the occasional crack of thunder overhead, the run was actually soothing for Juli. How long had it been since she had just run anywhere for any length of time? Just stepped outside, picked a direction, and ran. The pull and burn of muscle felt good, and by the time they reached Aspen's place she was winded just enough. The stairs were taken two at a time, but when the door to the flat was opened, Juli paused just inside so that the door could be closed, but she didn't get water all over anything, soak anything, or anything else.​
Her shoes were pulled off there at the door and set aside out of the way, but her gaze was studying the space. "Got a place all to yourself?" she found herself asking before she could stop it. From what she could tell, it was just his things set about, no signs of anyone else living in the place with him - which was probably good, all things considered. "I mean, I don't want to have some girl come home and find me loitering around her space in your clothes." Not that Juli couldn't effectively defend herself, but that was hardly the point at the moment.​
His following question however caused her stomach to growl in anticipation, and this time she did press a hand against it as if it would help quell the awareness to her hunger. "Yes," she didn't even hesitate to answer. "Well, a good medium rare on a wet and/or cold day. That way it puts at least a little heat back into the body."
BcjzFn.png

Aspen Dray

A

Aspen nodded, "All to myself," came the answer with a slight chuckle.​
Naturally Juli would assume the half Zeltron would have some woman walking in on them later. The chuckle melted into a smirk as Aspen simply shook his head. There was no woman, and there had not been in some time. After leaving Dothan, Aspen simply did not know who to trust. Family wasn't trustworthy, and he did not trust the random people he did meet when he was out and about. The only place left was work, and well, dating co-workers, even the idea of that did not sit well. Aspen also was not interested in adding a relationship to his life, maybe for the right person, if there was such a thing.​
"You don't have to worry about that," he added as he closed the door and kicked his own shoes off. "Don't worry about tracking water across the way. You gotta get to the refresher somehow, and unless you're just gonna lose your wet clothes right here..."
The Zeltron did not finish the sentence. He did not need to. If Juli decided to do that it would not be the first time he's seen her without clothes, and besides, neither of them had ever seemed to have a problem with skin. Being a Zeltron made it easy for Aspen, and he knew Juli was a shifter, a lupine, that came with its own views on the lack of clothing. As far as the floor though, Aspen didn't care. The carpet would dry, and the parts that were not carpet could be mopped. It was really up to Juli.​
That was when he heard her stomach growl. Aspen watched as she put a hand to her belly knowing the feeling that went with it all too well.​
"Medium Rare it is... now go... I'll take care of everything else. A hot shower and meal will do a lot for getting you warmed up, and if that doesn't quite do it... well..."
Aspen smirked again. The banter with Juli had always been easy. They had always been able to go back and forth without having to worry about anything else. It wasn't like it was a promise for anything later. He was simply comfortable in his own skin when Juli was around, and more than anything Aspen needed that at the moment. He just hadn't realized it until he saw the brunette. Aspen needed something that felt a bit closer to the normal he had been used to.​
He waited for the woman to make up her mind before heading to the cold storage and pulling out the meat he had been planning to cook up for the night. Usually Aspen would make up more than he could eat in a night and eat the rest as lunch the next day, but tonight he figured he had just enough for them both. Seasoning the meat just right was the trick.​
Once everything was cooking it was time to deal with finding Juli some clothes. The pest he was going to manage was one of his shirts, and well... hoping his PT shorts would fit her waist. At least they had a draw string. A small knock on the refresher door would be heard.​
"Laid some clothes out for you on the bed. You can use the towel that's hanging in there. Food will be ready soon."

Juli Moore

J
Julian.png

ZOO CREW - LUPINE JULIAN

Well that was good to know, because the last thing Juli needed was some domestic trouble stirred up all because she was here in the first place. It wasn't as if she and Aspen didn't have chemistry, they always had, and there for a time they had put that chemistry through its paces. So it would be understandable for some poor woman to be completely irate with the half Zeltron for taking Juli in off the streets. But luckily, it wasn't going to be a problem.​
Though it did make her smirk at him and arch a brow. "Invasion of the bachelor pad. You realize you've just lost your man-space now." she teased, though already she was making her way across the room. She was careful with her steps, mindful of her wet clothes, though she started peeling those off halfway across the room as soon as it was mentioned that it was okay for her to do so. Juli had always been perfectly comfortable in her own skin, and it wasn't as if Aspen had never seen her before. Granted, it had been a while, and she certainly was no longer just some gangly little teenager. It also wasn't as if she stood around for him to gawk at either; she literally peeled fabrics from her skin while she was on the move, and was in the refresher before all of her was bared anyhow.​
Once inside she did take the time to both wring out and hang up her clothes where they would be out of the way, and then she focused on getting herself showered. She couldn't help but grin at all things Aspen-y in the shower, considering this was his place and all of course that was a given. Soap and shampoos, and yet she didn't hesitate to get cleaned up, it's not like she minded if she smelled like him after all. Juli washed and rinsed thoroughly, meticulous when it came to making sure her skin was clean again, but then she was out again just in time to wrap herself in his towel and get the door open with him on the other side.​
"Step ahead of you," she pointed out about the towel, then backtracked only long enough to wring water from her locks a time or two before she twisted her hair up and off of her neck. A hairtie was pulled from her wrist - a bad habit - and she used it to secure the wet locks in place before she left the room and stepped around him. "You should get dry now too, I can watch to make sure nothing burns while you do so." Yes, she had heard him say there were clothes for her, and she would get to them once he had gotten the chance to get dried off too.​
BcjzFn.png

Aspen Dray

A

It was almost comical how easy it was to fall into old habits where Juli was concerned. Yes, he was helping her because she had no place to turn, but how often had he opened his home or, at the time, his room to the young woman as a place to hide. They had always looked after each other in their own way, but this time it was different. As easy as it was for Aspen to revert back to the days when things seemed so easy, there was something about the current situation that also felt extremely complicated. Neither of them were clinging to a past life anymore, and the only thing in front of them was the future, but to get there, they had to deal with the present.​
Aspen smirked when Juli cracked a joke about invading the bachelor pad. Had he really lost his man sapce?​
"Is this your way of telling me that you are moving in?" The smirk did not leave his face as the woman started making her way to the fresher, peeling the wet clothes off as she did. "Give her an inch and she takes over the whole house."
Mocked sarcasm was dripping from every word Aspen spoke until the door closed and he could hear the shower running. It did not seem to take the woman long, and as he had knocked to tell Juli about the towel the door was open and she was wrapped up.​
"Of course you are," he said in quick reply before heading back to the kitchen to finish the meal prep. She also pointed out that Aspen had to get himself dry which brought another smirk to his face.​
"Right, well the steak needs to come off soon... I'll be quick."
Aspen ran up the stair which led up to the small loft that contained his bed a closet. He quickly got of his wet clothes and dried off with a random towel that was in his PT bag. He came running back down the stairs having changed into some sweats, just something comfortable to lounge in.​
"I'll grab a shower later, and I'm done with the room for the night. You can have the bed, and I'll take the couch tonight... but first... let's eat. Get yourself dressed and I'll set everything out?"

Juli Moore

J
Julian.png

ZOO CREW - LUPINE JULIAN

"Of course I am," Juli had echoed about her being a step ahead of him, and grinned as she padded her towel clad frame to the kitchen. There was no hidden agenda behind the act, no means for distracting or drawing attention to herself. It was merely the fact that being back around Aspen was as easy as breathing. It was as if nothing had ever dropped off between them - in the sense of comfort and being able to easily maneuver around one another without constantly being in the other's way. Not quite picking back up where things had abruptly ended, but certainly something akin to that sort of thing.
When he had stepped away so that he could go and get himself dried and changed, Juli had taken over to man the food. True to her word, she had made sure that nothing would burn on her watch, and she didn't even sample any foods while she was in charge! Despite her grumbling stomach demanding her to do as such, she had behaved herself. And when Aspen came back she let him take back over without fuss and scoot around him without managing to trip either of them.
"I am all for that plan." Juli stated and headed for the room so that she could get dressed, though she turned halfway to walk backwards. "I mean this as platonically as possible," did she really, though? Honestly she wasn't sure. "but you know you don't have to give up your bed, right?" Whatever his reply, she pivot back around so that she could get to those clothes he had set out for her and get herself into them. Naturally she had needed to pull the drawstring on the shorts pretty far, but it made them stay in place and while his shirt fit loosely on her, it wasn't so baggy that she'd be uncomfortable.

Once suitable, she took the towel to hang back up first, and then made her way back to the kitchen.
"Alright, I'm clean, I'm dressed, and I'm hungry. What do you need or want me to do to help?"
BcjzFn.png

Aspen Dray

A

Platonic? Aspen was not sure the two of them truly knew the meaning of that word. They were never what he would call a couple either. As teenagers they were confidants, an escape to something different than the world they lived in. Perhaps that was what allowed them to stay for so long. They had an escape. Aspen wasn't too sure about about they why, he just knew having Juli around made the more questionable parts of that life manageable. What about now? Was he relieved to see her because she was a friend, or because, like before, she would make the hard parts of his new life more manageable?​
"You know why I have to give up my bed..."
There was really nothing else to say. The two had a history. Platonic wasn't exactly something they did. If they it was something they wanted to give a shot, then Aspen had to take the couch. It really was that simple.​
He let the answer float on the air as his attention when back to setting the small table he had for dinner. It was rare the half Zeltron had guests so the place settings were nothing fancy. A plate, a knife and fork, along with something a glass for something to drink. If he was honest though, tonight was a night for ale, so he pulled a couple bottles out from the cold storage and set them on the table. By the time Juli came back there was nothing really left to do except...​
"Could you grab the steaks and set them out," he said without even looking up.​
There was a lot about having Juli back that felt like old times. There was a lot that didn't. Aspen was a little confused with it all, but that wasn't going to stop him from enjoying his friend's company. They had not seen each other in a long time, and it was good to have a familiar face in his life, especially with how upended it had been recently. As Aspen sat across the way from where Juli would be, he quietly smiled. It was nice.​
"So now that we have food... are out of the rain... and no where near prying ears... wanna tell me what happened? What made you finally quit?"

Juli Moore

J
Julian.png

JULI

"You do realize that there are two sides of the bed, right?" she had fired right back, but from there left it alone. There were plenty of things that Juli was pushy about and always would be, but this was not one of them. She and Aspen had been close, in every sense of the word, and effortlessly (most of the time) to boot. But, it had been a long time, and while falling right back into old habits was far too easy? Treading carefully was still wise.
Well by the time Juli had made her way back to the kitchen area, Aspen had already done most of the work. This brought a visible pout to the woman's lips. She laid her hands against her hips and surveyed the setup on the table, and while she was actually quite pleased with the simplicity of it all, she was of course huffy that he hadn't let her help. Well, not fully help, at least.
"You're going to trust me to get the steaks?" that at least turned her pout to a grin, and the brunette turned on a heel so that she could go and get the steaks as requested. Her stomach growled in both appreciation for the look and smell of the food, and in anticipation to get that first bite. But Juli behaved herself and plated both steaks without so much as breathing them in too deeply. Then she sat, and the smile on Aspen's face brought one to light on Juli's expression as well.
At least for a moment. The question asked was one she had been expecting. Didn't make her like it anymore, but at least she had been somewhat prepared for it. "I couldn't do it anymore," she answered with a shake of her head. "Jobs kept getting more and more shady, demands more gritty and disgusting, and the pay wasn't worth it anymore." She sighed through her nose, frowning at her plate now. "Its like I woke up one day and decided that I needed to do better, to be better. So, I left." she shrugged a shoulder and left it at that.
BcjzFn.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom