Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When the Bond Breaks....

"Not as soon before his death that I'd of liked....It had been a while...He tried to encourage me to go to Kashyyyk a few times. I just wasn't comfortable." Kay wasn't sure if she ever would be. Not after Commenor; not after the Jedi-Mando war, certainly. And not after she had lost her mind. There was just too much bad to outweigh the good in recent years for her to go out into the public eye. There was too much risk for her to be judged harshly. It was better to avoid it.

Her shoulders slumped a little as Caedyn Arenais let her know of where he put the blame for how things had turned out for their family. Veiere wasn't the only one at fault. "Caedyn...it wasn't his fault. I'm the one that initiated the divorce. Not him. And it wasn't due to his actions, but my own. He didn't want it...And I..." Kay stopped and shook her head a little, closing her eyes to help steel her emotions. There were many regrets that she had had and divorce was one of them. As was not accepting his help. But even in doing so, it wouldn't of changed his fate and his death wouldn't of been any easier to take.

"He loved all of us, very much. It didn't matter what we thought or did. And I know that it's a big shadow to live under. Just be glad that you don't have two shadows." That was the one good thing about Kay exiling herself. Her children didn't have to worry about trying to get out from under her shadow too.

Ever since Purgatory, their Mom had seemed flighty and scattered. She was obviously scared of something, but what exactly that was, Lori couldn't put her finger on. She looked to Caedyn Arenais for some kind of hint or clue, knowing that he had seen her more than she had. The two were kind of close. Or perhaps it was just that he seemed to take it upon himself to look after her. Whatever the case, he seemed more knowledgeable on the topic than she was.

"You're not a bad person Mom. I'm sure that if one of us took up politics, we'd turn to you for advice. And making tea. We don't have those skills like you do. You wouldn't be a bad shadow to live under at all. You and Dad raised us well. If anything we should hope to do you proud, not the other way around..." Lori gave her a small smile, hoping to be encouraging. But it was tough in this moment of shock and grief.

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded at his Sisters words, agreeing in full.

"Yeah, we owe you both a hell of a lot" he added with full confidence, "I know things haven't exactly been easy for all of us, but that's not on you...-And it wasn't completely on Dad either", Caedyn knew how easily things could become disheartening or frightening where the Force was concerned.

Emotions could so easily influence the direction of a Force Practitioners path, if left to manifest and deter their will and self discipline. Their Mom had been tortured thrice over, enslaved and held against her will more times than most could count. Really, they should've seen it all coming...

"I think Dad knew when to give us space..." Caedyn added, thinking of his own situation and indifference towards their Father. "He'd show up a lot, but I think he did it in small bursts knowing how much things had changed. I wanted to trust him, and spend time with him, but after everything that had happened, it was just easier to be away from him" his relationship with his father was a complicated mess, and even Caedyn had a hard time putting it to words appropriately.

"I know he loved us though, and I know he hated how we were all so spread apart. He didn't blame you Mom" Caedyn said to NPC Treasury NPC Treasury with a wary smile, "He asked about you often. Whether I'd seen or heard from you, and how you were doing. Every time I ran into him in the Temple".

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin | Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Kay loved her children dearly. And it was in these moments, when they were so expressive about how they felt towards one another that she loved them even more. It brought them closer together and reminded them of just how close that bond was.

The words from Caedyn Arenais in regards to Veiere asking about her was heartening. She smiled in gratitude, but there were tears brimming her eyes once more. She tried to speak but for a moment her voice was hidden. Swallowing down the lump in her throat, she tried again. "I thought of him often, even sought him through the Force to check up on him. At times we spoke, yet I didn't want to intrude on him. I didn't want to get him into trouble. I will always love him and he could never be replaced. I just hope that I can do good by him....somehow. Even if it means going back to healing, or freeing slaves again. I don't know. But something will come up." Something always does.

Kay looked to each of her children. "Are you going to be okay? That's...all the news that I have for you. I'm here for you though, whenever you need me."

Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Are you going to be okay? That's...all the news that I have for you.
I'm here for you though, whenever you need me".
To this, Caedyn's first thoughts went to his Sister Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , thankful that he'd been given the opportunity today to meet her partner Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin and subsequently being reassured that someone else had her back out there in the greater Galaxy. The Twins weren't often on the same world these days, if even the same sector of Space, so it was good to see that she had the support she needed where Caedyn couldn't often be there.

"The Outer Rim's never short on work needed, however the Order of the Silver Jedi have also asked for me to return to my duties there. There's a student who they feel would benefit from what I've experienced, so I've let them know I plan to head back in the next week or two" Caedyn answered NPC Treasury NPC Treasury . The concept of a potential Padawan Learner was always something he'd been mindful of, yet hadn't found the right student that he had felt met his criteria for taking under his wing. It was a rather long-term commitment to make, and not something he would take to lightly.

Having yet to meet Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , he had no idea what he was getting himself into. Nor the impact their pairing would have on his future. While he couldn't yet know it, Caedyn's return to the Silver Rest would see him well distracted from the loss of his Father, enough so as to help him cope with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom