Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Poloticians meet to talk about something other than polotics...

Keela Nui

K
It was a decent night on Courascant as Ambassador Nui waited for her guest to arrive.

The Kaminoan sat at one of the balcony tables, overlooking all of the city-planet both above and beyond from where she sat, at the restaurant known as Kobara's. She been here on some occasions, mainly for simple dinner purposes while discussing matters with other members of the republic, but today it was different. Today she was meting someone whom she may or may not want to meet again after this dinner is over.

Keela was dressed in a flowing dark gown she'd not worn for some time, trying to look both professional and yet appealing at the same time. As nervous as she was she made it a personal duty for herself not to show it. Never let them know how you're really feeling. A basic tool to help when deal with politicians.

She simply sipped her large glass of wine while waiting for her invite to finally show.

@[member="Arthos Vynea"]

Arthos was uncertain about the evening, but if his life as a senator was to be seen as truth the more he put into it the better. He had been looking for some for the appropriate choice, and a Kamino seemed nearly perfect. Not likely to be missed, and her authenticity aided his own. Add to it that he could act the part of the gentleman, and keep his own privacy secure. Of course it could also just all come tumbling down too.

He'd chosen a black dinner jacket, a deep red shirt, and a pair of black slacks in an attempt to go for the semi-formal yet relaxed look. Walking into the restaurant he had to wonder what types of food he'd find here. Throwing on his best smile he walked up to the ambassador and gave a small bow. "You must be Keela, I thank you for choosing the location I'm still new in town. I suppose though any place would have looked lovely with you in it."

Taking a seat he decided he'd try to kick this off by letting her talk, "So, tell me about yourself, please? Other then your lacking of cloning knowledge in cloning that is." He attempting a half smile at the jest.

@[member="Keela Nui"]

Keela Nui

K
At his first compliment Keela only gave a slight smile while saying "Flattery. Works on some...not so well on others." Afterwards when he asked about herself she answered with "Well, Senator, if I may be clear to the point, I'm simply a woman seeking someone whom I can call a passionate companion. As I'm sure you are aware, the life for us politicians can be quite.... confining."

@Arthos Vynea

With a laugh Arthos acknowledged his words may have been a bit too flowery, but he did meant them in kind way. "Please call me Arthos, and I will call you Keela. Let us be people for once, not Senator, and Ambassador just people. So tell me about you, Keela the person, please?"

Keela Nui

K
She smirked at his use of words, obviously knowing how to put her into a corner to keep her from giving anymore smart remarks. Not bad for him.

"Well, if you must know," she began "I was born a senator's daughter. My father was raised on Kamino but left after my mother died. Didn't agree with the way things were being run there. I was brought up to be a politician and nothing more, and to be honest I think nothing suits someone like me any better."

Soon after she finished a waiter came along and offered both a menu, to which Keela did not even need to look before giving her order. "Squill liver salad. With a side of potatoes." After he's made his order, and the waiter was away, she asked "And what about you? What's the story of Arthos, the person?"

@Arthos Vynea

With a nod he took her story in, and then waited for her to order. "I'd like a spiced Bantha steak, please. If possible some fresh fruit with that actually. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth, but I try to keep it at bay with fruit." Giving the waiter a moment to leave he sipped his water. "The story of Arthos the person eh? Almost sounds like a bad B movie mystery. There isn't much to tell really. I had one of those ugly childhoods, but was taken in my the community. My mother was rather ill, but the town pitched in and in all reality feed us, clothed us, and paid for the roof over our heads."

Taking a moment he sipped his water again mentioning such powerful memories threatened to bring up his passions, and he could not allow that to happen, ever. Smiling brightly he dipped a finger in his water and splashed a very small droplet at her. "You did say you liked storms no?"

Keela Nui

K
She wiped the water off her face, not trying not to show any amusement from it, before simply clearing her throat and saying "So you're village provided for you? As bad as you claim your childhood to be, at least you had plenty to help you. All my father and I had when we came here was the former ambassador from Alderaan. Such a kind man he was." she sipped her own water before asking "So what exactly are you interests? You know mine well enough, it only seems fair."

@Arthos Vynea

With a small smile he sat back against his chair a bit more proper, perhaps he'd played a bit crude for her. "Well to be honest most of my time is all in politics. Even before I arrived I was doing a lot of work on Iridonia, and that took up most of my time. If anything the only thing I usually have time for is watching those silly late night talk shows. There is one rather silly droid one that comes out of the protectorate. Sadly I think they stopped doing new shows though, only reruns. My turn then, any favorite areas of study?"

Keela Nui

K
She thought on this for a moment, thinking of ways not to fully tell him and yet drop a hint or two, before finally saying "Aside from politics myself? Well I have always had an interest in art and music. Father would always take me to a museum or one of the grander opera houses in the city. Then there were the hot summers which I enjoyed best. I meant vacationing away from this busy city and going to the Alderaan Ambassador's holiday home." she sighed a little and said "I do miss swimming there all the time."

"I see, don't you have somewhere to swim here? Or was it more just swimming out in the open water you miss?" The smell of the food came with the gust from a waiters arrival. His steak looked rather delicious, and while her food wasn't exactly his type of thing he suppose to each their own. "Waiter, a bottle of wine please?" Looking over at Keela he smiled, "any preference?"

Keela Nui

K
She gave a light smirk and said "Naboo Blossom." After he left she answered his question with "Open water. There was a lovely lake near the house I'd always insist on swimming in at least twice a day."

She began to eat her meal, taking in the flavor for each bite. As much as she could she did not often dine like this. Just because she had the money and power didn't mean she needed to flaunt it all the time, or else someone or other would be jealous and likely want her dead. At least that was her way of seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom