Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Gods Rise to Mortal's aid--Pantheon

2500768.jpg

The Galaxy was full of religions. Two, of course were the most popular, the Jedi with their off-shoot the Sith. It seemed hard to define one without the other. It was true what some said, that we were defined by our enemies even more than our friends and actions. However, they were far from the only religions that existed, the deadliest, or the most related to people.

The problem with the Jedi was their eternal and endless existentialism. They were too far from the people, they were too distant, always bickering about dogma as the common man wasted away into nothing. They truly care nothing for the real people, only the idea the represent. They didn't bother to learn your name, they made a point to "avoid attachment" saying it lead to the dark side.

The problem with Sith was they desired nothing more than to use people. Oh, they minded them, but they people were tools to be exploited, ways to power, and ways to an end. A person was only important as long as they were useful. If to kill them made the Sith Lord more useful, then so be it. It was almost as appalling as the Jedi.

Neither side considered this; what do the people want?

Then there was the third option; religions of various "alternate choices" that were now lost to the annals of history. The Vong had made an impression in the name of their gods--but the wrong kind. The kind you hated, the kind that reminded you of the Sith. The Witches of Danthomir were a logical third option, but their beliefs were so obscure it was hard to know what you believed in. The Shappers of Kro Var hardly even got a look at in the history books, despite their desire to help the people and make them better. They still were better off than the endless list of gods and goddesses that primal tribes had believed in for ages that were now lost to the galaxy. Worthless. Endless. Pointless.

Ardgal folded his hands behind his back. All of these thoughts fluttered in his mind as he descended to the surface of Zakuul. The Victor would write the history books, they always had. The general wondered what they would write about his Pantheon in 1,000 years. Would they be a lost cult? Would they be a worthless religion?

But being a god, a goddess, in a pantheon more than that meant that people trusted you. People expected you to protect them when danger arose. And arise, a danger had.

[member="Anya Loma "]
@Zenva Vrota
[member="Taara Sehko"]
[member="Warren Century"]
[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]
[member="Akhilleus"]

For millennia peoples of every description have used prayers and gods as a way to justify their actions. How many murders have claimed an evil entity had influenced their actions? How many wars had been waged in the name of a god? Untold bloodshed, countless lives ended, destruction on a scale that bordered on mythical. Even now the two most prominent dogmas in the galaxy, the Jedi and the Sith, were locked in an endless campaign of strife where the only possible outcome was for the opposing faith to be utterly annihilated. It was sickening.

Now another abomination had reared it's ugly head, a group of cultists had risen on the planet Zakuul. Zenva probably wouldn't have cared, would never have batted an eye at the news, if not for the words of Lord Ardgal. It was through him that Zenva had learned the true nature of these freaks, these Cultists of Izax. Worshippers of Death itself, they preyed on anyone they could get their hands on, women, children, it didn't matter to them. To these lunatics all that seemed to matter was how many were butchered for their sick faith. This disease needed to be cleansed from the galaxy. These deranged sycophants needed to be punished for what they had been doing to the innocent people of Zakuul.

Zenva's Cruiser, known simply as "The Warhammer", dropped out of hyperspace not far behind Lord Ardgal's vessel. Within moments the Medium Cruiser emptied it's hanger, eight H-SDV1s cutting away from the capital ship toward the planet's surface.

Zenva Vrotoa, known amongst The Pantheon as "The Goddess of Judgement", stood on the ready deck of the first drop ship. Her's would be the first of her squadron to reach the planet. A woman's voice broke her out of her dark contemplation. "Your Grace, forgive my intrusion. Your armor is ready. Please, Your Grace, it's time to make ready for our landing."

Zenva's yellow-red eyes settled on the woman's bowed head, a soft smile split her coal painted lips. "Of course, Phèdre. Thank you." The Zabrak moved to the waiting suit of power armor and, with the assistance of several soldiers of The Ananke, she was soon clad horn to toe in heavy Durasteel.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]
[member=Anya Loma]
[member="Taara Sehko"]

The Jedi and the Sith made themselves out to be "Deities" by their continued actions and it sickened Warren to the core of his stomach. There were also the Vong who had attempted to force their belief st onto others, and many other factions that tapped into the mysticism of the Force. A practicalist, Warren didn't believe in the mysticism steeped around the force. It was an energy field that anyone could tap and put to use.Such had been done by many both Lightsided, and Not. It had also been done by people who didn't even realize they were using the force. What the people needed was an alternative because he didn't want everyone to have to choose Jedi or Sith. Given that, there were not many other alternatives. Logic dictated therefore that one should be created that all the people could have.

When he had heard about a "cult of death" Warren was angry. Indignant, actually. How stupid could someone be to celebrate the final answer to all problems, death? Incredibly dumb. William Night his mercenary and bodyguard said. "We're almost there sir. Are you absolutely sure about this though? Once we make planet fall, there's zero going back." Warren severely stared into the eyes of his bodyguard. "We're going to solve this problem that the people of this planet have. And when we're done, we may even earn some credits for our troubles."

When his ship landed, a model that had been produced by Sasori Designs for him and could be remote controlled from a console he carried, Warren smiled. Dealing with this situation was going to be a breeze. Of course they were going to need fire power. Meanwhile, William Night grabbed some of the ordinance that had been brought by Veritas. "Being armed is wise..." said William, picking up a set of the wrist blasters, and strapping them onto his wrists. A few thermal detonators were stuffed into a satchel by him, and a couple of vibro knives were equipped by him. "After this, I'm definitely getting you a squad, or an army of your own William."

Ardgal Raxis
Anya Loma
Taara Sehko
Roshki Belawiiks
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Death
She had caused plenty of it needlessly for her own sick carnal pleasure in the past she targeted whoever mostly adults and just burned them alive till nothing but charred or bubbled corpses remained

And then hearing about these...these cultists just...butchering people for their sick twisted pleasure just murdering for their God a worthless God it infuriated her it enraged it caused he r blood to boil as she sat in her quarters before standing as she grabbed light armor her blaster and a sword she bought...it wasn't a fancy Saber nor sith blade but it would do...

She moved out and towards [member="Ardgal Raxis"] as she came up behind him and spoke "we should be ariding on the ground soon my lord"She said as she looked to him...her voice obvious with anger not towards him but the cultist...they reminded her of...her old self...she hated that...she didn't enjoy it at all

[member="Warren Century"][member="Zenva Vrotoa"][member="Ardgal Raxis"]

AbandonedSanZhiReflectingPool.jpg

Ardgal stepped onto the swampy planet.. They had landed in one of the smaller, towns. It was modern, with a suburb, a few brick buildings, speeders, and paved streets. This was an average town. Most of the galaxy was composed of--well villages like this. Small, quite communities comprised of rather unremarkable people. Unremarkable--but not unimportant. As Ardgal looked across the street at the many men, women and children looking at this metal god descending from his landing craft--well they were important. Puzzled, of course, but important.

His boots clomped down the ramp to the streets, looking at them all with a benevolent, almost paternal godlike smile. Several of the mothers usured their children into the houses, eyeing the gods and goddesses with wary looks. One of the local law enforcement officers approached them, a sheriff of some sort by the looks of him.

"Howdy there, neighbor, are you here for the religious show?" he asked cheerfully. "Your just in time, the first rite is about to begin in five minutes. If you hurry you might get there in time."

Ardgal noticed he bore no weapon of any sort, sheep without a Shepard, he thought. Ardgal gave a dip of his head, "You are highly insighful, sir, would you mind leading us? We seem to have lost our way."

"Oh that ain't a problem none," the man said casually leading them down the street, his care-free winsome way was clearly the mode for this village, "I gotta say, we got a lot a visitors, but most just uped and parked on the outskirts. I guess you ain't too much for that sorta thing, huh? Though I gotta, say with the way things have turned out, this is quite a serious thing. Its the hope we needed right when we needed it, with the cultists and all."

"Hope? Cultists?"

"Oh, yes, the archstone landed a few weeks ago, ever since it's been here to keep all the crime and the damned cultists away. We ain't seen any where near here in so long. We've been in the clear since, and the prosperity has been amazing too. All crops up out the wazoo. Its almost like a holy thing. Heh, I guess you could say some god is looking out for us, eh?" he waved at the amiptheater they had reached, the seats were already beginning to fill up, "Here, take your seats, its about to begin, and bless ya."

He wandered off and Ardgal could feel suspicion flooding him, this reeked of conspiracy. They had to find out what this was--and fast. Or as soon as the data was available. "Spread out, Pantheon. We need to gather as much data on this as we can. And if this turns out to be a trap, the last thing we need is to be ambushed all together. Try and mingle some."

He took a seat on one of the stones jutting from the grassy ground and waited.

[member="Anya Loma "]
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
[member="Taara Sehko"]

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
[member="Ardgal Raxis"] @Anya Loma [member="Warren Century"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

I probably should've packed some armor or something.

Maxi waddled beside me as we moved with the group, looking around at the village. I didn't know if anyone else was getting it, but I had a funny feeling about all this. Something wasn't....quite....right.... It wasn't the crazy cultists, because I could handle deranged religious weirdos just fine.

Like you did Raxis? Look at you now, you're part of his pack of loonies. Yup, really good job handling that.

Oh shut up, I grumbled. Perhaps it was the quiet, and the fact that the sheriff had mentioned something about an archstone keeping away the bad stuff. The corners of my mouth tugged down in a frown. Anything that kept away crime and promoted prosperity had to be bad - pessimistic, I know, but my pessimism is what's kept me alive and going. Even worse, it appeared Crazy Boy Ardgal seemed to sense that something was off, too.

Then get out, another voice whispered. This one wasn't Grey - it was another voice that had cropped up, ever since I'd left Commenor and joined the Pantheon. You shouldn't be here, you should be looking for your Master.

I can't look for him until I have more resources. These guys have what I need, but I gotta get in with them first, I argued back.

Forget your Master, whispered another. If he'd wanted to contact you, you would've heard from him by now. He's probably dead, or just didn't want you anymore. You let him down, Roshki.

Did not! I scowled deeply, losing touch with my surroundings for a moment as I focused on the discussion in my head.

Oh yeah? Then why haven't you heard anything? Why has there been no sign, no clue? He's dead, Roshki. Face it.

Shut up and sit down, commanded Grey. We'll have time for this later.

Her voice snapped me out of my daze, and I looked around me. Everyone else was headed towards the amphitheatre, and several of my fellow "gods" had already sat down, including Ardgal. Mustering up every bit of strength I could to hide my dislike for the man, Maxi and I made our way over to the fanatical leader. I sat down on a stone seat next to him, hushing my Blarth when he growled at Mr. Deluded. Hunched forward, my eyes darted around, taking in the surroundings. "So. We're supposed to come here and beat off the crazy-arse cultists, yet when we show up, some sorta stone-thingy has already done our job." I kept my face pointed forward, not looking at him. "And yet, we stick around. What's goin' on in that manic lil brain of yours, Argdal?" I was genuinely curious to know, but my aforementioned dislike for the man led me to mispronounce his name on purpose. I was still learning about our fearless leader, so knowing what else set him off would be helpful.

She listned as they disembarked and looked around the the place, where we're the crazy cultist that wanted to murder people? Surely newcomers were a prime target to be killedone she thoughr....then again she was still little messed up in the head despite the procedure ardgal put her through....the she could some what control those desires....just to set ablaze a town for the hell of it and watch as people burn and attempt to calm the flamea...ohhhh yes...she loved it sooooo much

However she shook her head...not now she couldn't burn anything yet no...that would be later

As she thought to herself she nearly ran into [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] as she looked to her and waved a hand in front of her then looked away and back to see her walkimg as she quirked a brow and followed taking a seat by her

She listened and then spoke in a low voice "could it be that the stone xould be controlling these people in a false sense? If I was a cultists wanting to kill I'd make something to subjugate the people into false sense of security "she said then turned to the torgruta beside her"hey you ok...I know it may not be my place but I saw you...well spacing out"sure maybe she was crazy didn't mean she didn't care for her comrades at all
[member="James Justice"]

Never would have I ever consider myself a God. However, that's exactly what I was doing today. I always needed resources. Ones that would give me information, gear, and even contacts or allies. Standing among these people here I could feel each of them in the force. We were here to try and become the gods and goddess that would lead people from their lives and into greatness. While I myself didn't care about it all that much, I needed resources, and contacts. We all knew that each of our own were not really gods. I could tell. Even more when these cultists were responsible for solving the problem we came to solve. I stayed silent as I followed the group. Making sure to give them a wide berth from myself. I wasn't keen on keeping multiple people all close to me where I could be hindered should something happen.

Tapping my hand as she stood next to me, Eris began to whisper to me,

"Remind me, why are we here?"
"Contacts."
"Well they look rather dull."
"That happens."
"Remind me to not be like that."

I rolled my eyes at her comment. I doubt anyone would want to be that way, but it just happened. People were people, and they wouldn't change. People were creatures of habit. Only changing when it was necessary, or by their choice. As it so happened, changing by choice took longer than necessity. If what we were going to do is either kill the Acolytes of this cult, or convince them we were the Gods of their religion, then I would be up for it. However, my "voice" would act in my stead when necessary. Currently, My voice was trying not to be a dull person.

@Anya Loma, [member="Roshki Belawiiks"], [member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Warren Century"], [member="Zenva Vrotoa"],

Xis, or Ammun as the cult of death knew him stood above the staging area for the latest ritual performed by the worshippers of Izaz. He was the only Falleen among the gathering the rest were filthy humans. Not that Xis disliked human’s, no he didn’t believe in hating another species, he just saw the Fallleen as the ultimate one and the humans were literally filthy. Their musk hung strong in the air that would’ve made a regular person gag. Not Xis, for all his dislike of the human’s and their lack of hygiene he kept it hidden behind a plain face. His storm gray eyes examining the area beneath him with no interest. The cult of death had come to the Falleen’s attention months ago and to the one that had adopted Xis into the order of Titans. There were of course gods, but then there were those greater. Ones that had come before and would always be above them. That was the titan’s or Old ones as some called them. They had once been many but now numbered only one. The elderly Draethos that had thought to adopt Xis into his order had overlooked one thing about the Falleen, his ambition and that had led to his death.

Now Xis was the one this cult worshipped, he had arrived bringing as their messiah bringing food, weapons, and many gifts. He posed as a being sent by their god Izaz to aid them and show them the true way to power. Through the force! They are all foolish. Xis thought seeing them erect the shrine as he had instructed. Not one to worship him, but that had been installed with 4 Katak crystals all glowing violet. Even from ten meters away Xis could feel their life draining effects in the force but they were harmless at this distance. “Call the priests and begin the ritual.”

Xis had saw when the cult of death had been chased away from a nearby town but they were more intelligent than they appeared. They hadn’t truly left the town… No they were beneath it, nearby was the ruins of what once may have been a temple a grand idol of Izaz that had been destroyed by nature and time. The cult had hollowed out the entire area and had even created pathways that led beneath the town. With the ysalamir that he had brought along no one would sense what was happening. Setting them up to where their barriers overlapped without interfering with the area devoted for rituals the area was secure. Deeper in the caves the screams of women, children, innocents begged to be let free. No… You will serve a greater purpose. Xis thought. They would be the first and the entire town would be next.

[member="Atheus"] [member="Anya Loma "] [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] [member="Warren Century"]

Landing craft touched down in and around the small town. Within moments of Lord Ardgal's arrival the streets began to flood with the soldiers of The Ananke. A rumbling wave of heavily armored zealots moved through the town like a tsunami, cold and unyielding. At their forefront, Zenva Vrotoa; The Goddess of Judgement and her Avatar, Phèdre dè Montrève.

The two women stood out against the sea of soldiers behind them. Not because their armor looked much different from the others, but simply because they were the only two who had yet to dawn their helmets. Zenva herself stood out further still as the only soldier openly carrying swords at her hips. The crimson skinned Zabrak wasted no time locating Lord Ardgal, he was, after all, rather difficult to miss.

The Goddess of Judgment and her Avatar joined up with Lord Ardgal's company in time for the group to descend on the town's amiptheater. Zenva's yellow-red eyes swept the area with undisguised suspicion. She gestured almost absently, drawing her Avatar's attention. "Phèdre, leave a squad here to safeguard Lord Ardgal. The rest of The Ananke are to spread out. Search the town and the surrounding area for anything suspicious."

Phèdre bowed once, "By your will, Your Grace." The woman dawned her helmet, and immediately began issuing order over the encrypted channels of The Pantheon. Within moments The Ananke began to spread throughout the town in groups. It wouldn't be long before patrols began to sweep the surrounding landscape.

Zenva moved to stand behind Ardgal, a meter or two from his left shoulder. She set her helmet in place, her armor sealing with a hiss. For a time she did nothing but listen to radio chatter as the zealots of The Ananke passed orders and reports back and forth. Her hands came to settle on the hilts of her swords as her gaze continued to scan the immediate area.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]
[Member=Anya Loma]
[member="Taara Sehko"]
[member="Atheus"]
[member="Xis"]

Ardgal gave a slight chuckle to [member="Roshki Belawiiks"] as she mispronounced his name. It wasn't the first time someone had said it wrong, and chances were, it wouldn't be the last.

"I rarely believe in good fortune," he said to her as the Avatar of [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] the esteemed Phedre came to be beside Ardgal. "In fact, I rarely believe in retreat. Now, if I, with god-wisdom and god knowledge do not, why would these mortals believe in it? This stone, these people, these everything, there is a missing piece and we have to find it. Somewhere, so stay vigilant."

'People of Zakuul," said a booming voice, "For many years, we have been oppressed by the darkness. Shadows in the night stole away our women, our children, our sisters, our wives. But no more! For from the sky hath fallen the arch stone. Let us begin our worship! Let us sing praises to the one who had banished away the cultists of Izaz! Let us all give in to holy worship, for the stone that the builders rejected have fallen upon and crushed our enemies!"

A flurry of delight went up from the crowd who was quickly swept up into an emotional frenzy of hero-worship. Ardgal remained seated, resting his head on his hands as he watched the speaker stride onto the stage:

9238be8625e38d36b6e8a4b6fa80c211.jpg

"Behold!" the man shouted, extending his staff, "worship the stone, sing out its praises, give unto it all you desire! For it has earned all your adoration!"

The crowd began screaming and half-singing hymns, waving their hands in the air. A faint mauve mist began to rise up from the people and Ardgal pursed his lips. The old man extended his hands wide and--began to levitate. The look on his face was one of delight, pure delight and happiness. The general rose to get a better look, donning his helmet. He did a full scan of the area, his bio scanners were going haywire, detecting life everywhere. No, not just individual lifeforms, but he watched as the box glowed with a faint sign of life itself within. But the terrifying part--was the old man showed no life in him at all.

"This has to stop," Ardgal whispered, "Now. Someone capture the old man and do it fast. Someone else, grab the box. We need to get them both while we know where they are at."

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
[member="Xis"]
[member="Atheus"]
@Anya Loma[member="Warren Century"]

"William?"

"I'm on it boss. I'll go for the box, you take the old man. It would be a good time to test out your powers> While you're not a deity...well you do need to learn how to use those arts."

Warren rushed at the individual, the old man. Activating the Katana Lightsaber Blaster Pistol he had purchased from Sasori Designs, he'd rush at the man. He was not even using the Force yet. But when he got close, he'd concentrate. Using the power of Pyrokinesis, or Fire Shaping he'd lob a fire-ball at the man as an opener and then a Force Shock for good measure. While he was not a dark sider, Warren had learned how to use those force powers to defend himself.

Warren didn't believe he was a deity, but that he was correcting mistakes.

Zenva Vrotoa
Xis
Atheus
@Anya Loma
[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
"Roger Wilco," I replied, glancing up briefly at the two new arrival before looking back at the stage. To the woman (Anya) who addressed me, I merely grunted out, "Never better." I didn't feel like disclosing what was going on in my head to a near-total stranger, thank you very much.

Ardgal wasn't the only one put on edge by the little religious fest. If anything, my spidey-sense was tingling even more. And it all linked back to the old man and the box. As the worship reached a crescendo, I could feel something vibrating in the Force, causing pressure to build up behind my eyes and reverberate down my montrals. Honestly, it set my teeth on edge - and it bothered Maxi too. The Blarth huddled close to me, whining and panting. I leaned down to pet him comfortingly, when I - somehow - heard Ardgal's words.

I wasn't one for following orders, but even I had to agree something needed to be done. So when Mr. Deluded issued out his command, I leapt to my feet. "I'll get the box!" I shouted. I could've gone after the man, but something was off about him, and the noise and chaos was making it hard for me to concentrate as it was, meaning any sort of real battle would've been over embarrassingly fast for me.

Besides, if I was gonna be the goddess of thieves I ought to at least start acting like it, right?

Maxi kept close to my heels as I wove through the crowd, making sure to keep my eyes on the box ahead. Another man (William) seemed to be heading towards it too, but I wasn't sure if he was a friend or foe. I certainly hadn't noticed him prior to now. Ah well. I'd just have to make sure to get the box first without hurting him too much. If he was friend, then no big deal. Foe? Well, hey, I still won.

As we neared the box, I sent a Force nudge towards the other man (William). It wasn't hard enough to hurt him, but I hoped it would distract him enough for me to snag the box and figure out who he was. And whether or not I needed to apologize.

Meanwhile, I drew closer to the box, hands reaching out as I sought to grab it...

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]
[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
[member="Xis"]
[member="Atheus"]
[member="Anya Loma"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom