Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private When God is Gone and the Devil Takes Hold (complete)

“Others?”

Holly stepped closer to the man slowly as he drifted back to sleep. From this close she could see marks on his wrists and a slightly unkempt vision about him. He had been held against his will by someone, she would bet on it.

“Does be mean others are being held? Maybe I should call the detective on this case. “

Yes Holly wanted to make a name for herself but she wasn’t so ambitious that she would let people die for it. If some psycho was holding people hostage perhaps the police needed to know that. She waited to see what the healer thought.

Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Relan Dredec Relan Dredec

The trip to the hospital was thankfully uneventful, although the dwindling daytime light cast dark shadows over Relan's features as he watched out of the speeder's window, watching the skyline zip past him. CorSec was on high alert, Officers pulling double shifts just to keep an eye out for things. As such, it caused a great many of tensions to rise back up again in the wards. Coruscant was on edge constantly lately, with the constant shift of power, the people were distrustful of the government- any government. And a higher police presence did indicate that something was wrong. But, for the people of Coruscant, something wrong meant that sometimes some nerf herder with a red laser sword blew up your planets for giggles and some obscure religious reason regarding the ability to move things with their mind.

Sith and Jedi were two sides of the same coin, the one that rolled over Relan's galaxy when someone else tossed it.

He entered the hospital, flanked by two other CorSec detectives, who were relatively new to the entire experience of watching people getting murdered in such a place. Shootouts and gang violence were the norm a few levels below, a manageable statistic of a loss of life, but this was nigh-unprecedented, but not entirely unexpected.

He came into Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo 's presence, as soon as he made his statement, but unfortunately, Relan wasn't here for it.

He looked over at the healer, and-

Holly.

She was as pretty as she was annoying. So, a lot.

Her heart was in the right place, but her story had gotten out of control now. Relan pointed a finger at her, narrowing his eyes.

"If you know more than me, so help me I will rip you to pieces to catch this nerf herder."

He looked over at the healer, doctor, nurse. Wasn't sure, didn't take the time to memorize her or get to know her in an instant.

But she was kind of pretty...

Shaking his head, he looked down at the victim.

"He say anything?"

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria l Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul l

Mel did little more than nod at the woman speaking to her before following them in. Her bag was held in her arms, listening to the patient speak and learning of others maybe being held in the same way.

Avluv had mentioned something about the details. What had-

"Professional. T-the one doing all this I mean." She muttered finally at seeing the man succumb to exhaustion. Her stomach turned at his pain however brief it had been.

"They know what they are doing. Cuts too exact. It's a show or display...like art. They want their work to be seen. Admired." Her voice was a bit strained, easing back from the man.

Kat watched as the patient woke up briefly to give a very weak answer before he fell back to unconsciousness, she quickly checked his vitals and made sure that she hadn't missed anything in the examination that she had done before. It just seemed that the patient was still very exhausted. She secured an IV drip so that he could be provided with fluids and hopefully recover. Kat could do some more healing after a break, his wounds and the bizarre nature of them meant that she couldn't work as quickly as she had with other patients. When she looked over to the other two women, she noticed someone else appearing at the end of the bed. She didn't recognise him at all and was pretty sure she didn't allow him in.

"Hi... Who are you?" Pointing to the guy as she leaned back in her chair, this was meant to be a hospital not a meeting room and it was looking very crowded at this corner it seemed. "Look, what he said, we don't know the meaning of his words. It is quite possible that there are more victims being held by the attacker but he could mean something completely different. I recommend waiting till he is able to actually string a sentence together before chasing down random leads. He should be fine soon, it is hard to tell how well his body will recover but I am going to make sure he is at least healed before the end of my shift."

Her stomach grumbled, all this expended energy was getting Kat hungry. She excused herself and wandered deeper into the hospital to the vending machine to grab herself something to eat. Also, gave her time to think on the matter, should she offer to help investigate this. Her stance was to protect and help others in need and definitely seemed like there could be people in need of her help. It was all just a little hard to say in terms if she would be overstepping or even have the energy to keep up.

Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm | Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul | Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo | Relan Dredec Relan Dredec

Coruscant General-ward department

It was then as his mind slumber yet again after the brief encounter with that whom he surmises has been a healer of sorts. That his breathing seemingly still somewhat labor though not quite as heavy as before taking solace in the fact. He not only seemingly somehow broken free but was slowly regaining much himself. For slowly yet ever so strangely the dark looming cloud over him began to wane as did afford him a sliver of hope. Thought the full extent or scope of what happened the past few days is still but a blur. He could at least feel the strength as much as the sensation from his extremities returns....but then again the faint relief of escape from the pain was no less short live. For no sooner had one faded was it replaced by another. as the throbbing pain from the wound. Endured during his captivity? or the mad escape or events that followed one could only guess.

At any rate with the sharp shot of pain course thru his system, no less help somewhat to rouse him from his slumber. Thought still weaken and not yet able to fully heal his eyes flutter somewhat caught between glances. He was able to catch sight of a faint shadow close along with the somewhat muffled voice of someone speaking. Cause him to instinctively tilt his head to one side in order to make out the direction of the voices along with what was being said. But as he did so a shifting himself about somewhat tug at the iv that was now attached to him. Cause him to stir more wince mak bit as he adjusted himself enough to make out three figures. To whom try as he wanted speak came out but a mumbling whisper......

Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Relan Dredec Relan Dredec

OsgEgv8IiGjLCYogmQoAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Relan had seen some things, been some places. But wanton violence wasn't something you got used to.

He breathed deeply, turning his head to the nurse, speaking about the nature of the injuries on the victim. An interesting tidbit, but hardly enough to formulate a suspect on.

Relan crossed his arms, pacing around the room, watching the victim stir, sitting up- but barely. Relan spoke first.

"First of all, I'm glad you're alright. Second of all, I'm with Coruscant Security, and I'm one of the investigators assigned to what happened to you. I know this is hard right now, so I want to get a basis before I ask you some hard questions. Can you tell me your name, and where you live?"

IDing any connection with the victims was paramount, firstly. And anything- anything was more than what they had.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria l Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo l Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm l Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul

5hOLViGwjNwn9hjpZqgmWfOFy9t.jpg

As time passed and he ever so slowly regain his bearing a bit more along with bit strength that able to stir enough. That he'd been able to shift position sit somewhat meet one before his gaze. Able to somewhat make sense to catch what that he was being asked enough to briefly reply.

"Ronin....Temple... go....find."

At which time though with both the brief encounter with the healer and the fluid now coursing thru his vein help to ease some of his pain. It no less did little to help clear the haze his mind was in as such string words much less the events that lead him here. Proved to be somewhat difficult to convey clearly for now but try he did. Pausing to try to fall back to what bit of training he could muster to pull from Ronin did to calm his mind. As he tried to find his focus hope if anything would help aid his healing. Though in the back of his mind the voices linger along with fleeting images of the face of whose fate still linger balance upon knife age. Or did they? Had it all been true or were they just another figment of his shattered mind. Yet still, he could not shake the deep-seated urgency of something or someone lingering.

So with a bit of frustration about both the situation and the nagging urgency he'd felt his hands ball to fist to then slam hard upon his side. At wich time his gaze turns to barely make out another face in the room. That of Holly, who thought the connection as to why her presence caught his attention was somewhat unclear. Her voice along with the words spoken rang true in his mind that he spoke to her.

"....help....you said..can.."

Then briefly shifting to also passingly glance to the other Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul then to the rest of the room. As with weak and slowly his connection to the force seemingly return that he began the search for the other.

Relan Dredec Relan Dredec Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

((Going to keep moving forward to include the new people joining. Feel free to keep helping at the hospital, follow Holly, find more clues, etc etc. ))

“Who do you want us to help? Are there others?”

Holly felt as if they were bothering a man that truly needed rest yet if they did not disturb him then the others would be harmed further.

She leaned in to try and understand his whispers and that’s when she noticed the red clay cakes on his shoes. She ran her finger over it and brought the finger to her eyes. It was red and spongy as if it was not a naturally occurring clay.

She bit her lip, thinking. Her journalist instincts were taking over. She slid to the back of the room, allowing the detective and the others to try and help the wounded man. Her heart ached for him. He had suffered so much.

Holly decided to go to the bathroom and wash the clay off her hands and hopefully germs too. The hospital always made her paranoid about germs. She turned on the water and added the soap when suddenly her eyes widened.

The old textile plant in the southern quadrant used artificial clay to stabilize the soil under the plant. It had shut down years ago so why would the spongy red stuff be all over the victims boots? It was worth looking into

Holly dried her hands quickly and headed out through the lobby to catch a speeder.

Relan Dredec Relan Dredec Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo

Jae wasn't sure if the building was dark, or if the cloth that had been wrapped around her eyes multiple times had blocked out every last inch of light. She was pretty sure it was the latter, but she had no sense of what time it was anymore, so it meant nothing. Really she was just trying to keep her thoughts together. If she kept thinking, she could keep herself distracted. And alive.

She didn't know how much she was still bleeding, but with the slashes covering her body, she had a feeling at least one wound was still open. Her hands were trapped behind her, stuck in some sort of metal. She stayed uncharacteristically silent, hoping to go unobserved-- at least by the wrong people.

Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

((This seems to be slowing down a bit so I’m going to wrap it up but leave it open for a sequel. This was great! You all were fantastic to write with and I hope we get to write together again.))

Two Days Latter

LIVE:

“I’m Holly Starstorm and this is an HNN special report. Officials have released an update on the wax killer case. After several more victims were freed from a textile mill holding cell they were rushed to Coruscant General Hospital. Among the survivors were Jaeviko Fitzsix Jaeviko Fitzsix who is reportedly in critical condition but expected to make a full recovery. The original victim who helped investigators discover the textile lair, Ronin Wendigo Ronin Wendigo has been recovering from extensive injuries under the care of Kat Decoria Kat Decoria . Detective Relan Dredec Relan Dredec will receive commendations from the mayor for leading his brave team in the rescue efforts. The police department is also offering its thanks to Dr. Fustra (Ravenous ) and Melolei Kardul Melolei Kardul for helping in the investigation.

Unfortunately no arrests have been made in connection with the case and the killer is presumed to still be a large. We urge the local citizens to use caution during these troubling times. Stay tuned to HNN for continuing updates as the case unfolds.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom