Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel of Time TV Series

So, if you have read Brandon Sanderson, you know thisseries. He finished it after Robert Jordan, its creator, died. It is, without contest, one of the more expansive and detailed examples of Epic Fantasy. In my opinion it beats GoT out by a mile.

As well, if you are a fan.... You likely remember the ugliness of Red Eagle Entertainment and its middle-of-the-night "pilot" in a desperate bid to keep TV rights. And the ensuing legal battle.

Fear not... The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and hope is reborn as surely as the Dragon!

http://epicstream.com/news/The-Wheel-of-Time-TV-Series-is-Coming-After-All

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
I think the show will be next to impossible to pull off without heavily editing the books. Game of Thrones adapts pretty well because the books can be condensed pretty well, but WoT has so many books with so many characters and important events it will be very hard to properly pull off.

I think its going to be very hard to pace everything in the show.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
I am a major fan of this series; probably my favourite hands down. It's not necessarily the best out there, I'm not hugely in love with the last few books, but this is pretty much the fantasy I grew up with and enjoy the most.

I definitely agree that some major cuts will have to be made. Even if we're looking at a standard one season to a book, there's simply so much to dig through and so much that is just going to have to be merged or forgotten completely. I really, really have no idea how they're going to do it, but I have to say I'm pretty excited to see the results.

Also I think we should all agree never to talk about that Winter Dragon spot they threw out. No wonder they had to pay the channel to air it.

We may get a TV show that deals with the 100 Years War, the Breaking, the War of Power or other events. If they follow the main series and its plots, it could get nasty in complexity and editing. So I'm nervous, but hopeful. Very hopeful.

Besides, maybe WoT RP boards will become a thing agsin with this *dreams on*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom