Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was Lost is Found

There was a world out there, he could feel it in the Force. The Jedi Master who had reclaimed an old relic of his family, a spear that has a connection to the world around them, the galaxy abroad. That was what he and Celeste were out here for. There was an orange sun and a golden world out there. The Jedi grinned as he pulled the ship into real space. “This is the world I was telling you about.” He hadn’t found a name for it, not in his dreams, and it wasn’t something even his systems had recognized. Porter, nor Q, when asked last time Starchaser had seen the Neverwhere. The system he described, the location it was in. There had been dreams, and times when Coren awoke to inform her of this world.

The Tachyon Rising entered real space, Coren’s trusty freighter, the one he used for not blockade running, and dropping aid and the Underground around, as well as exploring. Recently he and Celeste had been using the ship, and at least her captain’s quarters, as their main ride around the galaxy.

The world was coming into view a bit farther, and it was exactly what he imagined. It was golden, in more than just its position from its sun. The mountains, while covered in foliage, seemed to lean towards golden hues, reds, oranges, yellows, with some greens speckled in there, but unlike many worlds of this hue, it was not autumnal, it was tropical, or at least subtropical. As they got closer, there were seas, vast teal and blue stretches of water.

“Can you feel it?” There was the Force out there, almost like it was seeping from the planet. He smiled over at Celeste. He’d have to make note of this world. But he desperately wanted to get down to the planet.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste turned a curious glance out the view port to find a golden planet. It certainly stood out against the endless black that was speckled with stars. Shifting her gaze, she saw Coren transfixed by the sight. He'd spoken to her about a world he wanted to find, something he had even dreamed about. Now that they were here, she wondered if these 'dreams' had been something more.

“It is real, then?” she teased, offering Coren a playful smile.

As they ventured closer, she was surprised to see the burst of golden-hues give way to a tropical landscape with water and mountains. When Coren posed her with a question, she blinked. Turning her senses inward, she did feel something. Though she projected her normal calm aura, beneath the surface there was a quiet storm. She felt a bit... off. And she didn't know why.

Nevertheless, she smiled. Celeste knew how much this expedition meant to Coren, and she was more than happy to accompany him. She cherished this time with him. After all, the state of the galaxy was still so uncertain.

“Mmm,” she murmured softly. “I suppose I should get my things ready.”

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Starchaser nodded. He wasn’t quite sure himself, this world of the Force and out on the Rim. The need to find it was important for him. Here was something he needed to do at this world, but that was yet to be revealed. It was a chance to at least chase this vision, if that’s what it was. The fact that he found it? It had to be a vision. Running a hand through his hair, almost sheepishly, he nodded. “Apparently.” A grin found his features.

“Not a world I’ve seen before. Don’t think it was in Q’s database either.” He had uploaded the data from his former teacher, and from the Neverwhere to help his own ventures, but this world, it hadn’t appeared. But he knew its name, he’d heard it before. In the dreams, in a vision. He looked over at Celeste with a steady smile. “You feeling okay?” The Corellian looked over at her from the controls.

The YT-2000 was a tough ship, one of the tougher ones from the YT line, but it the closest he had to a home. “We’ll be landing shortly. Seems we have some larger... what may be cities, but I’m pointing us to one of the outlying spaceports.”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste glanced sidelong at Coren and gave him an uncertain nod. “I think so,” she said, rubbing the side of her forehead. “I'm just tired is all.” And certainly, she had been feeling a touch of fatigue lately. Nevertheless, the healer put on a gentle smile. “I'll be fine,” she reassured him, reaching out to give his arm a squeeze.

Surely some exercise and exploration would do the trick.

She readied her pack as Coren navigated towards one of the quieter spaceports, and she smiled as the ship set down. Gazing out the viewport, she could already see the lush vegetation. Celeste knew that there was very little to worry about when Coren was at her side, but she clipped her saber to her belt just in case. Even though this world looked quite idyllic, there was no telling what waited for them.

The healer moved to stand behind the pilot's chair and placed her hands on Coren's shoulders.

“Well, then,” Celeste said, rising. “Shall we get going?”

The planet had a calming feeling for Coren. He wasn’t sure why. Maybe it was the Force, or the fact that he’d been having visions about the world for the pas few months. Whichever, it was not on his, nor Merrill’s screens, and that made it something odd. Even more telling, it was settled, not thickly, but he could see spaceports, so it meant someone knew about it. Maybe internal traders? Pamartheans?

He wasn’t sure, but the sailing world wasn’t too far a flight from where they were. A few parsecs, really, nothing for Coren, Porter, and the Rising to make. That was going to be a concern, though, what the General of the Home Guard was able to do, sheparding the Alliance Remnant/Home Guard, and defending this world, and whatever it laid out for him. It was going to split his time. But the Jedi were fine, the Silvers and the Covenant were working together. The Judges had security on the Outer Rim well in hand.

And if the Sith were coming calling? His network would let him know.

But he needn’t worry on the Galaxy’s problems today. He grinned as he felt Celeste behind him. Standing up from the pilot’s chair, he nodded. The man was in his typical spacer’s gear, not something as grungy as one would expect from the Coalition, his outfit was a bit better pressed, clear that he could be representing some more well funded outfit, and to him that was what the cover was going to be. Delegates from the Silver Order and the Alliance, if it should come to that.

“Yes, still taking my lightsaber, but I… I don’t feel malevolence here. The planet has a… relaxed atmosphere. Did you feel the need for anything additional?"

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste stepped to the side as Coren stood, grabbed the jacket—a chic tan trench—off the back of her chair and put it on. It was a far cry from her normal healer robes, but it looked rather clean-cut and stylish over her slim trousers and tall boots. This way, she could look like a classy tourist or a well-put-together explorer.

She shook her head in response to Coren's question.

But, then, made a last-minute decision. “Just give me a minute. I'll meet you down the ramp.”

Slinging her pack over her shoulder, she made her way to the galley. She filled a thermos with hot water and dropped in a bag of peppermint tea. Drawing a breath, she inhaled the refreshing fragrance and then screwed the lid/cup onto the top. She normally drank Silver Sage, but the last couple of days the minty tea had been comforting. Celeste wasn't quite sure why, but it was something she'd been craving. That, and tiny chocolate bars—which she also stashed into her bag.

With that, she stepped back out to meet Coren.

As she walked, she couldn't help but think of the little twinkle in Starchaser's eyes. There was just something about this place that seemed very special. Celeste was curious to see why.

“Okay, let's go.” she said, stepping up to his side.

He wasn’t really sure how this world was going to pan out. Didn’t know anything about the people there, but he had a feeling it wasn’t going to be as metropolitan as Coruscant or Corellia, and probably still no where near as well settled as Terminus. It seemed like a world similar to Pamarthe, which Starchaser didn’t see as a bad thing. Sub-tropical and aquatic, but with what had to be a Force nexus. One of the Light.

He smiled as he saw Celeste arrive back at the boarding ramp. She always did look more Core than he did, not a problem, at all, but the chance of it attracting someone paying attention? That was always high. Starchaser himself definitely looked like a Rim-experienced spacer. As Celeste stepped down the ramp, he moved to collect her.

“Everything ok?” He smiled as they stepped off. The orange-and-white astromech, Porter, was following being them. The droid was listening and observing the world. Coren lead them down the street. He wasn’t sure what he was looking for, but he knew the Force would guide him. The city they were in appeared to be one of the smaller ones, connected to the larger cities by a series of hover trains. Cargo was being moved to and from the small starport on these.

But he still wasn’t sure of the world’s name. Until he had seen one of the holoscreens broadcasting news.

Summerset.
“You ever heard of this world, Cel?”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste flashed Starchaser a smile as he stepped up to meet her. Even now, she still blushed a little when his eyes were upon her. And, sometimes, she flashed back to their youth. Her heart fluttered just like it used to back then. She took his arm as they began to walk, their astromech companion trailing along behind.

I'm fine,” she reassured him, squeezing his arm.

There was little point in trying to hide anything from him, the two of them shared strong a connection. But, it was hard to put her feelings into words—especially when she wasn't sure what was going on herself. However, the healer part of her mind told her that it was nothing serious. Everyone has 'off' days now and then.

Her attention soon shifted to their surroundings. Celeste strode along with Coren, her eyes flitting here and there. The weather was balmy and there was something about this world that almost reminded her of Spira... but with more mountains and fewer tourists. Her dark eyes were still focused on the holo-broadcast when Coren spoke.

I can't say that I have,” she said, turning to glance at him sidelong. “It's... not completely off the grid, though,” Celeste observed. There were people, there were businesses – but perhaps they chose to keep to themselves. “What drew you to this place?” she asked, curiously.

There were things the Jedi needed, and maybe this world was it. And not just the Jedi in the way of Coren and Celeste, but the Jedi in the way of the entirety of it. Too long had the Jedi been sent to the sides and fractured off to parts of the galaxy. They needed a haven, one that was unsullied, off the beaten path. But if he couldn’t keep an eye out for Celeste, what good was he going to be doing to shepherd Jedi out here?

When she reassured him, he nodded and smiled. “Alright, just let me know if that changes!” The Jedi Master smirked as he continued on. He could hear Porter, the astromech, twittering to himself as he was taking readings of everything. Coren though, was keeping his eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. Aside from a perfectly working starport, with ships coming and going, and no record of it on his nor Merrill’s starmaps…

“Its odd, right?” As for what drew him? “I don’t know, I thought it was a dream, a paradise world to help protect the Jedi, something that keeps itself hidden. But it kept repeating itself in dreams, never telling me where it was… but… its here.”

How did he find it? The Force, it had to be. Instinctive astrogation mixed with the fact that this place seemed to be a beacon in the Force? “I think it pulled us here.”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste listened, all the while watching Coren's expression closely. He seemed slightly perplexed by the situation, but there was that Starchaser determination in his eyes. Oh, how she'd grown fond of that look. There were stories of Jedi making discoveries through dreams before...visions. And it sounded exactly like what had happened to Coren. This reoccurring dream meant something. How could it not?

"Pulled us?" she asked, taking a moment to think.

Reaching out herself, she could feel the pulse of something, too. It wasn't a person or a thing...but the place itself. It was faint, like a whisper to Celeste. But it had reached out to Coren and made some kind of connection to him. He was obviously the key.

"Alright," she started. "How do we find it? Do you feel anything now?"

If this was to become a paradise for the Jedi, a place of peace and learning, they needed to get to the bottom of this mystery. It was lovely, to be sure, but cautious Celeste wanted to make sure there was nothing hiding beyond that beauty.

The Jedi Master was smiling. His place was real, he could use it. It was a few jumps from Sullust, where he was basing himself lately, when he wasn’t in Celeste’s quarters on Kashyyyk, but the he did have the Home Guard and Alliance Remnant to lead. Was he leading? As best as he could, following the death of Jaius Sovv, he took up the reigns as best he could. Looking to her, he nodded. “I think we were meant to be here. I can feel it, in the Force.” Of all things, right?

“I… I feel it, but I’m not sure if its in any one place. Maybe we can get some information. For a world that was hard to find, it seems, well settled… at least as well as this can be.” He pointed to the small development that was around this spaceport equivalent.

He was surveying the area, seeing if he could sense anyone that could provide them what they wanted. “Maybe we can walk it a bit. See who we run into…” He was a bit nervous, maybe it would be more than that, but maybe… not?

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom