Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with a character?

To be honest everyone I'm losing my motivation to roleplay my senator though I like his character.

When having him make a vote to move the capital he wasn't trying to save his own hide but make sure the government will function but instead he helped hurt the Alliance's image and broke trust with its citizens by casting that vote in favor even though the process was overruled anyway by executive order.

It's hard to see how he could remain as a senator in good conscience when reflecting on that choice ic-wise. Right now I'm having difficulty on what to do with him. Anyone with character advice?

deal with the consequences of his actions through rp, if you think that'd make him unpopular with the people he represents then have him experience first-hand that kind of discontent.

Nobody can tell you that everyone would feel a certain way. It's a great big galaxy so there will be people who understand the move and people who don't (just like there are people today who have a wide array of opinions on things like climate change and vaccines and masks, etc.). There is certainly no basis to suggest that your Senator is widely regarded as acting to save his own skin or that moving the capital is an act of cowardice vs. just good strategy. At any rate, you could very well have your Senator meet with his constituents to explain his thought process or give an interview in the media.

With a war on I suspect there will be a lot of opportunities for Senators to shine, and not just in Senate RP. Meetings with other Senators, working with corporations to boost the war effort, and the like will give you a chance to throw more light on Rens as a character, more than just the brief glimpses we get during these big senate threads.

Chin up! :)

I've always liked Rens as a character in the Senate. He's one who from my perspective always tries to do what's best for the Alliance, rather than himself. The corrupt Senator angle can be fun, and we've seen plenty of infiltrations and people with selfish intentions. Nothing wrong with it, but it's also good to have Senators like Rens to oppose that.

That said, you can definitely play around with perceptions. As others pointed out already, some will agree and some will disagree with his decision. You could create RP around that or have him reach out to other senators to discuss things in private.

You got this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom