Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What once was lost...

Drexia's attention remained on Cassus as he spoke, even if his answer didn't really satisfy the question she had asked. When he continued on about spare parts and calling her ship a bucket. She quelled a rage in her that she was too weak to act upon. Instead she answered his question about Engineering just as her attention moved to Corbin as he approached her. "I can take you all to engineering. I can try and jerry rig this heap to get us somewhere so we don't die." She wasn't going to let her mentor's sacrifice to get her into the stasis pod be a waste. She ignored his outburst of rage. She didn't know what was going on here and it wasn't her business to know what was going on between him and that other girl. She offered a small smile. "I am perfectly okay, sir. We should all make our way to see if we can get this thing running." And by we she meant her as she wasn't aware of Rika just yet. She knew this ton of bolts like the back of her hand and she had the training to make it workable enough to get them out of this mess...maybe.

Here she was stumbling slightly even though she claimed to be to be okay. She reaches out to Corbin for support before her gaze glances over toward Rika. "You are in the medical bay of the Mercy. Apparently we have been lost in space for over seven hundred years, though." Everyone she knew was dead. Lucky for her anyone she had really cared for was already dead before she climbed inside that pod. "The help will be appreciated. I'm glad that you'll be able to assist in this."

As Drexia reaches out for him, Corbin slides an arm around her waist and pulls her other arm over his shoulders. Supporting her weight as well as his own now, Corbin looks between Cassus, Rika, and begrudgingly, Seki. "Doesn't matter now; we can either get the ship limping, restore main power and activate the distress beacon, or sit here and die. I don't have a particular vote, but I'd rather it not be the one where we all suffocate in space." Hoisting Drexia up a bit and pulling her closer to him, Corbin gestures with his head at the bay door. Starting off with a shaky step, Corbin begins the long, slow trek of exiting the bay and starting down the hall.

As he passes Rika, Corbin gives another slight nod. "If you can't keep up, I can try carrying you too. Leave the Sith alone, though. She can limp her ass as far behind us as she wants." With another glance to Cassus, Corbin takes a deep breath and nods one last time, as if to apologize for his outburst. He'd let the Sith get in his head, even worse he let her spit her typical Sith rhetoric about anger making you strong. He should have killed her...but it wasn't the Jedi way.

The growing lump on the back of her head felt good against the cold metal of the crate. Her body was sore from the attack, and already there were dark red-orange bruises forming on her skinny neck, but at least it had gotten her blood pumping. She wasn't quite as cold anymore, for the moment at least. As the group discussed what to do about their predicament, she barked out a bitter laugh. "If you knew how to fix the ship, why did you wait seven hundred years to do it? Why didn't you do something useful before we all got shoved into those tubes?" Reaching up behind her, she pulled out a tube of nutrient paste and squeezed a bit into her mouth. "If she knew what to do, she'd have done it before. So either she doesn't know how to fix this, or we all just slept for hundreds of years because of her screw-up. Either way, I'm not going with you. I'll stay here. Somebody's gotta greet everybody else as they wake up, right?" She did push herself to her feet, however. If they were leaving, she might as well dig around, see if she could find what they did with her weapons.

Cassus walked along with the rest of the group, tagging along behind Corbin as he hoisted Drexia. The elder Jedi's own steps were achey and slightly wobbly but he was doing his best to make it not someone's problem. His left hand was clutching his necklace as he walked, bringing them up to his lips occasionally as they all walked together. "Once we get the distress beacon going we need to assess what our next course of action is. If what the droid said was true we have no idea who or what could be picking us up."

He wasn't about to let this situation get under his skin. He was doing his best to represent a calm, serene presence among the Stasis survivors. Scooting up next to Corbin, he would look to the boy as he walked. "What if our Sith friend didn't sabotage the ship?"

RIka observed for a moment, she watched the frail one fall upon the Jedi. The strange sith speaking of staying behind. Before she knew it Corbin was approaching her space. Rika steps back, her own wide personal space invaded by the strange man helping the useless woman. Rika squints at Drexia, then she cuts her eyes towards Corbin. "The sith wants to be left alone, based upon my knowledge it is ill advised to leave someone you just attempted to murder alone." Her tone is marked as impassive, no worry there but she wasn't one to worry about her life when there were others who could perish before she could.

She looked to towards Seki, but she still directed her words towards Corbin. "I'm too heavy for you anyways and it appears that you have enough weight to lug around. Someone should watch that one with the pretty hair." Rika lifts a thin hand and points a sharp nun like finger at Seki, then came the ever so uncomfortable smile with it. Perfect white teeth show, she was nearly uncanny valley like in some ways. "I can assist from here should you need someone to interface with the ships computer, or if you need a space walk, but I would like to be friends with the one you were trying to strangle."

Drexia didn't really look at Seki when she asked why she hadn't fixed it before. Everything had happened so fast that day when they got hit. She was in that stasis pod before she could even really protest it as Lorek stuffed her into the pod and closed the door. Insisting she would live and he would spend his last moment repairing the damage as he bled out. "It wasn't my choice. I was shoved into those tubes same as you." Is all she says, offhandedly before looking to Rika. "Whatever help you can give will be appreciated. Anything to get us out of this miss before we run out of oxygen."

Useless and frail were two things the girl never wanted to appear to be so once she had regained her footing she attempted to pull away from Corbin, not letting her weight lean on him if she could help it. She would push off of him and start to lead the way through the ship so they could find the problem and potentially get themselves out of this mess. She would look back briefly to see who was following, not caring who did or not. The only person who could really help her the most was Rika and she didn't need to follow her to help.

Of course. Of course we had a bleeding heart in the group. Corbin looks back at Seki at the frail woman's suggestion of being friends with her, and Corbin just shrugs. "You can befriend whoever you want, my dear. Just be careful with that one." His eyes glance over the three women with them: While the two humans, or near humans, were easy on the eyes, Seki was enough to make his lip curl. Such was life.

As they walk, Corbin helps Drexia as far as she needs it and let's her slip from him once she's back on her feet. Holding out a hand behind her back just in case, Corbin looks back to the group as they enter Engineering. "Once we get the power on, I'll head to the bridge and activate the distress beacon. That should get this old bird singing."

When Corbin looked back at her, he'd find something peculiar. Seki's chin was down slightly, the corners of her mouth pulled down in a slight frown, and her large green eyes seemed soft somehow. Hurt. He had betrayed her, after all. She'd put faith in his goodness, known for certain that he would never attack her or hurt her when she was unarmed, and she had bruises forming around her neck to show for it. And then they were gone, and she was left with the strange woman. Her eyes narrowed at Rika and she turned away, grabbing another tube of nutrient paste and starting to open everything she could find. She needed her weapons. "I don't need nobody to watch me like some I'm youngling." Then, quieter, "And I don't have friends."

Once in Engineering, Cassus would head over to the main power supply console. He'd tap a few buttons, but after getting no effect he'd start looking aroujnd. There were thick power supply cables, severed in half by some long since forgotten force. His brow furrowing a bit, he'd turn to the others. "There's a broken set of power cables over here. Y'know, the big ones that look like they hook right into the main reactor? I bet if we find the spare set of these, we'll get the power going. Ships like these were built to be able to plug things in as you go. Makes repairs easier. The spares are bound to be around here somwhere."

He turns toward Drexia, pointing at her and smirking at her. "I bet you know where they're at, too. You would know more the location of the spare parts than I would." The elder Jedi would look at the rest of the group, a smile widening on his face. "I told you that the Force is with us!"

Rika seemed to be processing all this stimuli and putting it in little categories. Rika doesn't stop the group from going to their destination, instead she wanders to a side panel against the hull and sits down. She presses something behind her ear and withdraws a small cable then plugs it into the panel port. "I do not have friends either, but I am told those are good things to have." Rika says in a hollow sort of way towards the Sith. Rika's eyes traced the code of the ship, then slowly she looked over her shoulder at the woman. She was pretty. Very pretty. Very grumpy, and very hungry. Why were biological beings so hungry?

"I have lived for thousands of years, and in that time I have only had one friend. Now he is dust." Her expressions grows sullen though quickly she lights up again. "But you are not dust. Just a bruised fleshy person. Be thankful."

There's a crack through the ships com system as Rika tapped into the systems. A static voice breaks through, along with some dim emergency lighting that lights up the ship pathways.

"Hello. It is me. Rika. I have found a hub panel and have interfaced with the ship. I have activated the emergency generators for the rest of the ship by routing some of my own power. It is limited but with a jump I believe we can get the ship to a slightly functioning level."

Drexia, even though she felt she could handle it on her own was grateful for Corbin hovering behind her should she falter in her steps again. She might not voice it out loud, though. She offered him the briefest of smiles as she crossed the threshold into Engineering. Again that smile was flashed to Cassus. At least these two were doubting her. They were encouraging her. She nods her head to him and his words. "I got this. I might need help carrying them. Follow me." She instructs and waves for them to follow her to where the spare wires were kept. She hefted the door to the supply chamber open with minimal resistance and inside was an arsenal of spare wires. "Grab as many as you can carry." She insists before she grabs a tool box and heads back out to the power supply that had been pointed out to get to work.

It wasn't long as long as the Jedi were quick in delivering the wires, Drexia got the power rerouted in no time at al.. She climbed to her feet when she was done and stumbled to lean against whatever was nearest to her for support. "How are we doing Rika?" She spoke louder than she normally would but she wasn't yelling by any means.

Looking back to Cassus, Corbin searches for the reason the Jedi Master was so exuberant...but finds himself somewhat comforted by the way he holds so tightly to the Force. While Corbin would argue that relying too much on the Force was a detriment, he couldn't help but feel somewhat easier. At least, until Drexia tells him what to do.

What looks like indignation spreads across his face, and he crosses his arms over his chest. "I am not a pack bantha, woman. I'm a Jedi Knight." However, even as he says it there's a sort of... Shift to his feet, and he begins to grab wires. Looking away from the engineer, he offers a small mutter "...but I suppose the circumstances are different."

"I don't care," came the reply. "I don't need friends." Seki was not being tidy. She was knocking things over, and anything that she found that was locked she would rip apart with the Force in search of the things taken from her. She called across the room to Rika, "Tell me when they're on their way back." Having made the mistake of trusting her life around Jorkul once, she wasn't going to make it again. By the time he came back, she intended to be armed.

Cassus grabbed as many of the spare wires as he could, even reaching out with the Force to grab a few and bring them along as well. He would of brought all he could get to where he saw the broken ones, going about unplugging th e broken ones and replacing them with the spare ones he could grab. He didn't say anything for a long while, though he would stand up when he did all he could, watching as everyone else finished their own task. After a brief moment he'd move on over to the main console, watching and waiting. He was anxious at this point to get the distress signal working. He KNEW things were going to start looking up for them, and his faith in the Force would pay off.

"Friends tell friends when others are on their way back. So no." Rika replies in a matter of fact tone. She refocuses on her task at hand, waiting for the others to get the ship ready for her to jolt it back to life. When Drexia speaks to her there's a sigh that sounds like a crackle of static across the ships coms.

"I will be jumping the ship now. It should have enough energy to jump start the engines."

She watched Cassus as he approached the console, then without making these little fluffy people wait any long she sends a strong jolt of energy through the system. She feels a tingle through her body and it makes her giggle through the coms. The ships lights would dim, nearly blacking out but just as it rolled out they shuttered to life. The console Cassus was at would flicker to life.

Drexia gave Corbin a sidelong glance at his little outburst but she remained calm. "The quicker we get this done the better. I apologize if I've offended you in some way but we haven't time to argue." She said simply as she got to work doing what needed to be done. When the power dimmed and then returned she would look around to see that everything was working properly. It wasn't but this might do. She lingered over Cassus' shoulder and waited to see if the beacon would activate. Should it do it's thing she would move around to try and assess some other damage. See if they could bring this bird back under their control once more and better their fates.

Corbin eyes the mechanic as she apologizes, but he idly waves her off. "It's nothing. My last memories before waking up are of Ossus, and the battle. I'm still...on edge. I'm sorry, my dear...uh, what did you say your name was?" Offering a hand to her to shake, Corbin gives the best smile he can manage at the moment, which causes the strange brown tissue on his cheek to crinkle back. His tone has also changed: No longer cold and demeaning, he was now warm and calming, even pleasant to speak to. Haha. Take that, Seki.

Rolling her eyes where Rika couldn't see, Seki turned back to her task, but wherever her captors had hidden her weapons, they'd made sure she wouldn't find them. A frustrated shout escaped her and she slammed her fist against one of the unopened stasis cylinders, the force of it jarring the door loose, and out dumped a dusty skeleton — Rodian judging by the shape of the skull that had popped off its spinal column and rolled along the plasteel floor. Clearly this pod had malfunctioned early on. The only thing untouched by time was the clinical covering still clinging to the skeleton's pelvic bone. That didn't help her frustration at all, and she shoved the bones aside with her boot as she continued her search.

"I'm trying to keep him from murdering me. You know what murder is, right? Means dead. Means I turn into something like that. If you're done over there, you could either help me look for my things or tell me when he gets here." Seki lifted her gaze to the door of the medbay, mentally retracing the route they'd taken to get here, centuries ago. Her weapons might still be aboard the shuttle for all she knew. She headed out the door and began to search the hallways, leaving a trail of destruction behind her.

As soon as the power kicked back on, Cassus' fingers would work like lightning to get into the system and activate the distress beacon. Once it finally kicked on, Cassus would exhale sharply, wiping some sweat from his brow before looking to his new friends. His smile was even bigger than before, refusing to let the desperate reality of their situation have any negative effect on his mood. "Rika, you're a treasure." He'd say to the HRD, moving to Corbin and resting a hand on the young man's shoulder.

"Always have faith, my friend. Especially in situations such as these."

"What ever you did seems to have bothered him. Do something about it instead of knocking things over like a savage animal." Her voice was monotone, her gaze distant.

"I am not a treasure Jedi. I am Rika." She replies through the com system. Rika removes herself from the ship's interface and pushes to her feet.

"Faith is not what saved you. Probability did." Rika is fun at parties. The droid dusts off her hands and wanders back over to Seki, her brows arch in an expression of curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom