Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply What Must End

divider.png

Then
".. Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

A father stood before his daughter, concern clear in his eyes. Their town was never large. Their home had never been grand. They were farmers, tilling the land every day. It was a simple, honest life, even for the Nagai like them. Their clan had long been wiped out. War, battle, they fought with their all until only the two were left. Micheal had never truly put down his blade. If the farm needed defending, he was there to defend it. But then he was a single father, and all his focus went to raise his daughter.

His daughter, who was now barely ten, and gifted with the Force. She smiled the same bright, confident smile of her mother. Nodded as she turned her gaze back towards the Pantoran Jedi who was patiently waiting. The Maw had been burning through the Unknown Region for years.

"Master Tel says my connection to the Force is something he has never seen in his life. If it will allow me to fight, I must. Just as you and mother did." Micheal could only smile. Honor was the most important facet of their lives. And if this was the path she wanted to walk, who was he to stop her? He crouched down, setting a hand on her shoulder so he might look her in the eye. The one hand he had. The battles he fought had claimed more than just his wife.

"I'm so proud of you, Eria. Just remember, you can always come home."

She nodded once. Smiled wide. Gave her father one last hug before, finally, she left with the Jedi. Micheal was left alone to watch his daughter, pride in his eyes.

Later
"Master Tel, I wasn't expecting you. Eria hadn't sent me a message in some time, so I figured she was assisting with the rebuilding. From what I hear, the Maw was finally defeated. Why- Where, is Eria?"

It had been years. Six, to be exact. Six years of hearing about his daughter's missions. From her early training, to when she got her lightsaber crystal, to her first battle, and finally, a message of the end. Exegol. She was so excited for the final battle, a chance to truly help win the war. A tale and exploit worthy of the Nox clan name. He'd always been so proud. And yet, as he met Master Tel's gaze, all he could feel was dread.

The Jedi Master stood alone against the blue sky. His face was calm, but his eyes. They were sad.

"I need you to take a seat, sir."

"I think I'm good. I can stand. .. Where is Eria?"

He kept his tone level. Calm. Even as his fist tightened. The Jedi glanced him over, but let out a sigh, nodded. And spoke. Micheal listened, heard every word, and yet, they echoed through his head slowly. Each word dragged on for an eternity in his mind.

"Padawan Nox is one with the Force. During the final battle, she stood on the front lines and bravely gave her life."

Micheal's gaze hollowed. His breathing slowed as he reached out for the doorframe of his home. Gripped it as his already pale knuckles paled further.

"This is what's left of her lightsaber. And the necklace she always carried with her."

His vision blurred as he glanced to the broken metal. It'd been cleaned and rebuilt, but it was little more than a shell. And the necklace. Suddenly, it was real. His throat clamped up any word as all he could let out was a stifled sob. Silently he took the items.

"You should be proud."

Then the Jedi left, leaving the grieving man alone in his now empty home.

Recent
"You can't keep coming around here like this. I understand you're upset about what happened, but you're scaring the Padawans."

It'd been months now, since he'd been given what was left of his daughter. Months of relative silence and confusion. What had happened? Why had she died? What brought her into such a battlefield? There were no answers to be found through scattered reports. So now Micheal made it a habit to go to the Jedi Temple Master Tel resided within. He needed answers. Tel had been blowing him off, so he started asking around the others. Anyone he could speak to.

And now, finally, Tel was speaking with him. They stood within his office, talking.

"That's not my intention, Master Tel. I am just trying to figure it all out. We Nagai, we have never shied away from a fight. It's an honor to die for what we believe in. But by all accounts I've found, I don't understand why a Padawan was on Exegol. Several Padawan's died, at that."

He'll lie.

"That's what happens in battle. In war. It was the Force's will, what happened."

"But it wasn't a battle. It was an annihilation! The surface was utterly devastated by the storms your Council made. Why, why would you have Padawans on a surface like that?" Confusion settled in his eyes. So much confusion. It was honor to die in battle, but to send a child into a fight with no hope for survival, that wasn't battle. That was needless sacrifice, wasn't it?

Liar.

"Your daughter's sacrifice brought peace to the Alliance. They all brought peace to the Alliance. And now, they are at peace within the Force. Rejoice for those who become one with the Force. It is beyond us."

She was a sacrifice.

Micheal stared in disbelief. His arm throbbed in pain, despite having long been lost in his last battle under the banner of the Alliance. The Jedi Master let out a sigh before stepping over. Gently set his hands on the Nagai's shoulders.

"Our purpose as Jedi is not like soldiers. She fought bravely to protect everyone she could. Just as the others did. As any Jedi would. You need to go home, Micheal. Don't let this consume you. She wouldn't want that."

He let her die. He sent her in to fight. He wasn't there to protect her. All of them were sent to die.

The Nagai tightened his fist. Clenched his jaw.

"Where were you?"

".. What?"

"Where were you when she died? Why weren't you with her?"

"I was needed elsewhere."

She was left all alone. He wasn't even there with her. She died alone.

"Why?"

Anger rose in his voice. Anger. Rage.

"Because the Force willed it? Because you willed it?"

"The Force's purpose is beyond any one person. Please, calm down."

The Jedi raised his hands. Micheal felt it. Something outside of himself. It felt weird. He felt angry, he felt so full of rage, and yet, he was getting calmer? Why- Was this a Jedi thing? Was the Jedi forcing him to calm down?

He's controlling you. Like he controlled her.

And what was that voice? He growled under his breath as he looked around the room. What was this pressure? Why- There. Beside the desk. He meekly raised his hand towards an artifact that sat on display. "What's.. That?"

".. Huh?" Tel looked over, blinking in surprise. Then chuckled, just a little. The Force continued to sooth the Nagai, keeping the rage down. He nodded towards the artifact. "Just an old trinket I found with Eria in one of our earlier missions together. I can tell you more about it. Are you feel calmer?"

He's making you stay calm.

"Can I hold it?"

"..." For a moment, the Jedi looked concerned. Glanced between the passive Nagai, then to the artifact. Then, slowly nodded. "I.. Don't see why not. Whatever it was, it's just a relic. Shouldn't be any harm."

Micheal took the artifact.

Make him pay.
The runes along it flashed red. At once Tel looked concerned. Reached out to take it back. "It's never- You need to give that back."

"Stop."

Tel froze. Every part of him froze. He was no longer moving. No longer blinking. No longer breathing. He stopped, completely. And at once the rage Micheal felt returned in full. This was the power of the Force. This was what the war was waged over. This was why his daughter died on a field she should never have been sent to. Where all those children died. The Will of the Force. His grip tightened on the thought dowser. He was just going to be sent home. Forgotten. His daughter forgotten.

"Sith. Jedi. The Force doesn't make you gods. The Force, it's will. I renounce it. No, people will suffer from it no longer."

Tel reached down for his Lightsaber. Brought it up. Fear etched deep in his eyes as he watched himself move against his will. Micheal's gaze focused on him as he finally listened to the whispers in his mind. The emitter of the Pantoran's lightsaber pressed against it's owner's chest.

"Ignite it."

Now
Nantoon had always been a peaceful world. All his life, Micheal's family had farmed it's lands and protected the Alliance. Equal parts farmers and soldiers, all of them. They served until they could not at their fullest, then helped the farm. When Micheal lost his arm, this was where he lived. Where he raised his daughter. And now, it was gone. Burned to ash some days ago. The clan of Nox was dead. Micheal stood outside the Jedi Temple there, watching the people come and go.

Everyone was so content with following the Jedi. They brought peace.

Liars.

"Is it here?"

Yes. It will be painful.

"What is this pain compared to the pain of loosing Eria? No, this is nothing. No one will feel that pain again."

Micheal lifted the artifact, and at once the temple fell quiet. No one moved, no one spoke. He stepped forward and into the temple. If he was going to kill the Force, he would need both hands to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom