Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Inspire You?

So, I've been binge watching Burn Notice, some new Daredevil and I just finished watching John Wick. As you can imagine, these movies and other sources of fantasy/science fiction help guide my creative writing process as I draw inspiration from them and then turn them into my own thing. Now, I'm curious:

What movies and books have you people read/watched that influence your character? Can you think of an example of when you base your character's actions or story around something you've read and/or watched?

[member="The Noble Scoundrel"] It may be an easy answer but Star Wars as a whole inspires me no end. I know it's easy to look to other sources and foundations to incorporate into this galaxy, and I have in numerous ways like trying to fuse a James Bond-style character and a Terminator-style character - ultimately, they don't work as the initial inspiration soon dies as it's motivated by a new film which loses it's fizzle.

Star Wars is the one constant inspiration I have - when I'm getting ahead of myself or trying too hard, I remember the sequences right from Episode I to VII that I loved and try to bring them into my stories and characters; scenes where you don't need lots of action to move a story, scenes that are emotionally tight without being fast and frantic, scenes that are exciting and fun to watch and grip you from the start.

Keep it simple - keep it Star Wars.

Also, the soundtracks fill me with all the different "feels" I need when I am after a certain direction to use. John Williams can light any fuse with his range of scores and this always inspires me when I need it.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom