Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What Makes Us Different?

370d9lz.png

The last time she'd been to Korriban nearly cost her her life. All manner of traps in the tomb she'd explored tried to bring her death. Hell, she'd fallen into an abyss and had to crawl her way to the surface while avoiding Jedi while the Sith retreated off world. The fact she had survived was as much of a surprise to her as anyone else, but now she was back. Stronger. And it wasn't a world afflicted by war anymore. Not yet, at least. The Jedi left it, and a new group of Sith moved in. That's why she'd come back. She wanted to know more about these Lords of the Sith, and what made them different from the Empire.

She landed away from any civilization. Alina wasn't too sure on how kindly these Sith would take her arrival, so it'd be better to slip in on foot. Sides, she wanted the walk. With her new strength she wanted to see the world for what it was without the fear she had before. Well, not actually walk. The young Sith had her own speeder after all, better to use that. The red dust of the barren landscape kicked up around her as she sped forward, eyes focused on the destination. The Sith Academy still was where it had always been, but the new management made it a perfect place to see just how different the Lords were.

When she did finally arrive at her destination Alina slipped off her speeder and nodded to the guard. It was clear enough by her eyes that she was Sith. She kept her head high, walking with the kind of confidence that made it seem like she should be there. And with the black, sleeveless robe of the Sith, it certainly made her look like she did. "Where is the archive?"

Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti

The Sith Academy, Korriban

Sergeant Harne yawned and reached upwards to hastily slide a few fingers into the vacuum-sealed bodysuit of his armor. He scratched the scruff growing on his jawline absentmindedly, relishing in the fact that he had broken the rules and gotten away with it. He'd deliberately chose not to shave his face today since he knew it would be a slow one; especially considering nobody else could see it once that t-visored helmet was on. No inspections lately, and the only other Sith trooper posted out here was seated a few dozen meters away.

Harne smiled to himself. Slow days were the best.

"Where is the archive?"

The Sergeant snapped towards the voice immediately, instinctively shifting his grip on the blaster rifle that had been lazily cradled in his arms. Sergeant Harne felt his heart skip a beat when he realized the error of his actions. Dark robes, a burning gaze, and the haughty way she straightened her shoulders identified her as clear as day. The rifle was dropped as quickly as it was raised, swiftly being replaced by a respectful bow that he hoped would suffice for an apology.

"Apologies, my lord," the grizzled trooper hesitantly added, "We don't get very many visitors this day of the week, so please pardon my caution. The archives are just inside; just past the entrance center and up the stairs. If the Keeper is around, you may want to check-in with her first before you peruse..." Harne eyed the lightsaber clasped to her belt warily. "... or not. Entirely up to you, my lord."

The man straightened his back and acted as if this whole conversation hadn't happened in that moment. "If you'll excuse me, I need to return to my duties."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

Her yellow eyes narrowed immediately as the gun was almost lifted in her direction. She knew her way around weaponry. Even started to learn the training the Sith Empire's Legionnaires went through. Thankfully the man seemed to realize the error of his way, and her expression in turned softened. She gave a simple nod to Sergeant Harne. "Thank you, trooper. Feel free to carry on with your duties." Alina was surprisingly polite for a Sith after that example of disrespect. She was all too aware of how terrible a life a trooper had to go through under a cruel Sith Lord. She hated it.

This Keeper individual seemed like an interesting choice to learn what she wanted, but she didn't dare expose herself yet. She walked with purpose, hands clasped behind her back as she made her way into the building. It was easy enough to realize where the archives were once she was inside. She turned to the left, heading right into the room. She kept to herself, finding a datatable to sit at that was far enough away. How likely was it that these new Sith would update the archives for what they wanted to show? Likely. If there was anything the Sith were good at, it was propaganda.

She idly went through various articles, hoping to find something that would stand out. In truth, there'd be nothing in the archive for her and what she wanted to learn. She'd have to find a Sith to figure that out. With a frustrated sigh she closed down the hologram and instead leaned on the desk.
"Shouldn't be too surprised, we are Sith.." Alina muttered under her breath, yellow eyes flicking around the archive. Maybe the Keeper would be a good person to talk to. Or maybe there'd be another Sith for her to bother.

Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti

The library was starkly populated. Only a few minder droids quietly milled about, sorting the ceiling-height shelves with a slow deliberateness akin to that of organic librarians. Their servomotors whirred dimly in the backdrop, adding delightfully to the soothing humming that emitted from the crystalline databanks lining the walls. This was a quiet place for solace and learning, for those seeking answers that may be found on thin strips of flimsi or age-old holorecordings of years long since past. For all of their boasting and battle prowess, the ancient Sith had a penchant for higher learning as much as any other philosophical organization.

Troma had been rather pleased to discover this when he'd first arrived at the academy. Not that many of the other acolytes cared. All they craved was opportunity to flex their growing, mystic powers of the Force. Lightsaber dueling, martial exercises, and deadly trials that saw the eager hopefuls treading blindly into the tombs of Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. As for their newest alien arrival, the young Chiss preferred the company of books and holocrons - much to the rest of the class's disbelief.

Surely a former CEDF officer enjoyed flexing his muscles on the battlefield? This was not the case.

"Concei-" he tested the word quietly, "Vun'sat'canto. Conceivable."

He frowned, dissatisfied with the way it felt on his tongue. Basic was quite... basic for what it was worth. Many of the longer, more meaningful and complex words had fallen deaf on his ears recently. The cause of it all was unknown to him. Being on this arid and ancient world had seemingly ticked off some biological response of his. Even in his own thoughts Troma felt compelled to slip back into Cheunh. Practicing this had a way of settling his increasingly turbulent heart - for the most part.

Troma's frown deepened as he closed the book hastily. "K'pah."

A small sigh escaped him as he rose from the plush chair, intent on shoving the novel back into its rightful place and calling it a day before the soft patter of footsteps caught his attention. He lazily draped his officer's coat over a shoulder, side-stepping out of the little alcove to see who had arrived. Not many visitors on days like these; curiosity dictated his actions now. Troma eyed the woman from head to toe as he strolled over towards the front desk, sidling into it to slide his book into the 'returned' bin.

"If you're looking for the Keeper, she isn't here." He pointedly glanced back towards empty archive. "Nor is anyone else."

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

Yellow eyes flicked over to Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti as soon as the man addressed her. There was a quick glance to size him up before she let out an annoyed sigh. He didn't seem to be Sith. Nothing on his person said one way or another. No lightsaber, no robes. And her inability to sense the Force certainly made it that much more difficult to figure out who was actually a Force user or not. And the library was devoid of any other soul? "That's a shame. I was looking forward to learning more about the Sith here." If he knew anything, she might be able to ask him indirectly. Last thing she wanted to do was seem like she needed a strangers help.

"Though, if there's no one here, why are you? Some sort of intern watching the shop for the Keeper?" She tilted her head curiously. Until she figured out where the academy was, she could enjoy a conversation or two. "Must be pretty boring here if that's the case."

Well, she certainly looked the part of a Sith. Then again it was difficult to find another religious cult that adorned themselves in zeyd-cloth and carried the Force user's weapon of choice. Apparently contemporary clothing had all but faded from their memories unless it happened to come in a darker shade of gray. Sad, Troma thought. Uniforms and actual civilian clothing happened to be far more functional than anything else this strange order seemed to wear.

He guessed the fear factor was more important.

The Chiss eyed her warily as she spoke. Calm and considerate; not a Lord by any chance. "You may still learn here. All of it is back there in the datacrons, the books, the recordings, and I think they even have a few holocrons from old Lords. You don't need the Keeper for anything.

"And no, I'm not her helper," Troma belied a small, thin smile at that, "I'm an officer of the Imperial Navy. I like to do my reading here. It's quiet... nobody to distract me."

370d9lz.png

Ironically Alina hated wearing the Sith robes. It's why she chose the sleeveless option herself. She needed to move, freely, if she wanted to fight properly. Eventually she'd fix that with her own choice of clothing. But now? She was fitting a part that she felt she needed to avoid any confrontation while on Korriban. Her eyes stayed on the Chiss as he offered information. Information she already knew. Before the loss to the Galactic Alliance she'd been to this academy many times over to read their archives.

Her hope was there'd be something more.

"Unfortunately there's nothing new here. Not too surprising. This new faction of Sith only just moved in. Though, you being an officer makes me quite interested in what you know about this group. Do you know a place to get lunch? I'm quite hungry."

Ah, yes, that made quite a lot of sense. While the woman appeared far too comfortable treading these hallowed halls of the academy and its archives, there was no mistaking her words: this new faction of Sith. Outsiders had a terribly conniving way of ending up at their doorsteps lately, yet far too many had been removed from the premises. Troma arched a brow as he heard this, thanking the gods above for his pupil-less eyes as he scanned her for weaponry.

"So you are an outsider," the Lieutenant quietly re-affirmed. "What is it you want? Knowledge of our inner workings? Details on the weaknesses of various Lords? Or is lunch all you really crave?"

He shrugged to himself, tightening his grip on the coat slung over his shoulder as he addled past her. "Come, there's a cafeteria for officers and lords deeper inside."

370d9lz.png

"Technically you'd be the outsider, as this world belonged to the group of Sith I'm in until recently." She chuckled a little under her breath, though the grim expression she found no humor in her words. She fought tooth and claw to escape after the loss of the Empire and subsequent retreat of their forces. The only visible weapon the young Sith had was the saber on her hip, though she certainly didn't need a weapon to be a threat. Alina followed after Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti , clasping her hands behind her back.

"The Empire lost. I want to know what makes this Sith group different. Better, if it is."

He was hardly an outsider at this point. Troma had grown to appreciate terminology their newest subjects had started to use: invader and conqueror. It was music to his ears - almost soothing enough to settle the uneasiness stirring deep within him. Korriban was an ancient, cursed world that had been marred by war, sacrifice, and had become one of the galaxy's greatest graveyards. Dark energies dwelt here, just waiting for the chance to seep out and taint the unwary soul.

Troma had guarded his mind and body cautiously since landing. Both from the ethereal as well as inquiring strangers.

"Every empire falls eventually," the Chiss replied dryly, "Your empire has existed for quite a long time, remarkable even by Sith standards. It's time for something new, however, a change in both administration and philosophy is long overdue. For too long the Sith have cooperated with one another peacefully," he groused ruefully. "War is a way of life for you people, I understand. If you don't fight one another as much as you fight your enemies, how are you going to grow in strength?"

Troma let that question hang in the air as they finally arrived at the cafeteria. It was a quaint, rustic affair of varying shades of grey. Newly planted banners of the Lords of the Sith had been draped across most of the walls, painting the room in imperial vigor.

"Caf?" He asked, draping his coat over a chair. "If so, how much sugar?"

370d9lz.png

These weren't the type of words Alina wanted to hear. These Lords were in a stark contrast to her own beliefs. But were they really her own beliefs? The weak could be strong, if given the chance to grow. Stomping them out was needless, and often wasteful. That much she did believe firmly. And yet, even with this belief she'd never been strong enough to protect her fellow acolytes as she believed she needed to. The Empire was loosing. Perhaps Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti was correct, and it was time for a new group to move in and a new belief to take control.

"Two. Packets. Whatever it's in." The fact she was mulling over these thoughts was clear on her face. Confusion, frustration. All of it was obvious. She let out a sigh as she found a spot to sit, sinking into it slowly. Maybe it was time for her to adapt and become something stronger. Her gaze wandered all over the room, scanning the banners curiously before flicking back to the Chiss.

"I'm Alina."

"Lieutenant Bast'rom'arosti," he replied curtly, ripping apart a pair of sugar packets, "Your kind prefers to call me Troma mostly, so that will suffice for now. On that note, please excuse my accent and pronunciation as I am still learning this language."

He gripped the two steaming cups of caf tightly and strode to the table, setting one before Alina as he seated himself across from her. Deep, red eyes peered down into the steam that rose from his own mug - and he almost reached to take a sip. Far too hot. Instead, he folded his arms over one another and sunk deeper into the chair.

"I imagine you're also a defector?" Troma raised a brow. "I was one too, just a few months ago actually. The Ascendancy is not exactly kind to those that can touch the Force, especially men. If we cannot become ozyly-esehembo, then we're executed." His lips thinned into a tight smile. "I got away before my execution date yet I find myself in yet another situation where my life is inches away from the executioner's axe."

This time he actually grabbed the mug, blowing gently before sipping delicately. "If you wish to make your home here, then I would strongly advise against it. The rules of engagement are different here, far different than your falling empire. If you choose to stay, you may very well end up being an enemy of mine."

He shrugged intelligently. "And I may very well end up killing you one of these days."

370d9lz.png

The Empire's allegiance with the Chiss was well known enough for Alina to recognize the core name. Why it mattered though was a different story. She'd have no problem calling Bast'rom'arosti Bast'rom'arosti by his appropriate name, but was that more insulting? Troma it was then. She lifted the cup in her hands, though didn't take a sip yet. Likewise for her, it was simply too hot. But the warmth of the cup was a nice feeling compared to the chill of Korriban.

Was she a defector? The comment caught her off guard. She'd only come here to learn, but did that mean she was a traitor? At least for Troma it made sense. His people were going to kill him. Though, wasn't that already true with how much death she'd seen around her? How close she'd come to dying? Sith were supposed to rise above such challenges though.

"I'll keep that in mind. Though I'd rather not make enemies of people I just met." Alina finally took a sip of her caf before offering a smile. "Consider it a weakness of a failing empire."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom