Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is On Felucia? History, Sadness, And Pain

"What more do I want? WELL, Mr. Harrison, I'd like to find that shiny blue lightsaber sometime today!" She laughed, her feet slipping on the moss, nearly falling right off the trunk of the large tree before managing to recover her balance. "Whoops!" She adjusted herself and hopped off the tree beside her fellow Jedi.

"Right, then off we go!" The Twi'lek tugged on his hand to pull him along in a rather excited manner. She figured it was unlikely that anything besides non-sentients inhabited the old ruins by now. The place held no strategic purpose, and being so close to Voss it would odd if the Silvers hadn't picked up on any strange disturbances by their nearby planet. But more so than even that, Felucia was really just a gigantic floral planet with sparse civilizations to begin with, and even fewer resources.

"I'm hoping the crystal remains in tact, that will make finding it a bit easier if we can get close enough to sense it." And with that she broke off into a light jog up and over a few downed branches, over a few puddles of water, and past a few small critters that scurried about on the jungle floor.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

With a shake of the head, Connor rolled his eyes softly and followed the excitable Twi’lek.

”I’m sure the crystal will be intact. I doubt her death would have phased the rogue Clone soldiers in taking a Jedi weapon, so it would have been marched on and buried under who knows what – watch out...” he ducked and nudged her past a group of low hanging vines, ”…so keep your senses open. For both a Force aura and any unexpected dangers.”

They cleared a crop of trees to come to a clearing, a perfectly placed tree log felled to bridge the small ravine that divided the landscape. Connor stepped up and led the way, arms out for balance as he side-stepped down the dry bark to the other side.

”There.”

Wiating for Sera, who hopefully wouldn’t fall into the stream below, Connor stood looking out into what seemed to be more fauna. But raising the line of sight a little higher, one would see the spires of what looked like satellite dishes and radar beacons.

”The planet has preserved them well. Come to think of it, maybe it’s a good setting for the Silvers to establish a base of operations.” He turned and nodded in thought. ”Looks like this little excursion may be beneficial to us both, Miss Shel’tah. Come on, don’t dawdle.”

Connor took a few steps backwards, encouraging her to follow, as he began the next jog towards the jungle that was awash with oranges, blues, greens and browns and aim for the outpost.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Connor's words gave her the bit of reassurance she'd needed. As they approached the makeshift tree bridge Sera looked down into the gap below, a small grimace on her face at the idea of falling. There was little to worry about though. She was a Twi'lek packed full of finesse and grace, so making her way over the dried skin of the tree behind Connor to the opposite side.

"Convenient." She said, stepping off on the other side. "That would have taken some time to navigate around, otherwise."

Her eyes scanned the horizon to see the architecture protruding from the treeline. That gave her hope that perhaps not everything had been reclaimed by nature just yet. "Indeed. If it is structurally sound it could be cleared and repurposed in the future."

She continued running along beside her fellow Jedi towards the rather enormous structure that climbed towards the sky from the ground below. The pair had to make a bit of a path on their own, most of what had been cleared eons ago were well grown over, making a straight shot practically impossible. Still, after a bit of time and navigating they came upon the grand scale that beheld the outpost. Connor had been accurate in his description. The crater that the outpost had been situated in was in fact monstrous in size. Trees had sprouted up all around, and the creep of the mossy ground had dotted the surface all around. Vines had begun growing along the outer walls, but for the most part it looked to be in good condition, save for the far southwestern wing which appeared to have fallen due to a partial collapse. Perhaps some of the support beams had given way.

"It's huge..." She exclaimed, looking on with a bit of awe.

Connor raised his brow and looked across to Sera.

”Of course it’s convenient. Or would you rather the ones before us had taken hours to navigate the surrounding crater itself. Those who come before us have laid wonderful footprints for us to follow.”

He looked away in silence for a few seconds and nodded.

”That was a good quote wasn’t it. You can use that in future. Come on, pinky.”

So he led the way towards the fort – more of a fort than outpost it seemed – which would have been used as anything and everything over the year. Imperial command post. First Order operational base. Dark Jedi chapel. Sith prison. Pirate hideout. Now, it seemed to be part of the landscape itself. Connor walked forward and stopped before the crumbling ramp leading up to the corroded entrance. The fort itself didn’t look structurally safe and parts of the walls he could see, and those he couldn’t, were missing; taken over by the natural fauna and corroded by the harsh climate without any maintenance.

”Remember, I could be totally wrong and the lightsaber may not even be here. It could be on the opposite hemisphere, or someone could have already found it and taken it lightyears away. If that happens, I’ll build you a replica for free.”

Something about Sera always seemed to bring out his self-assured cocky ways, or just plain cheeky. Either way, she was welcome company and helped remind him that even those who had faced hard times in the past could still live and laugh.

”You go in, I’ll scope the outside and see if I can feel anything without you distracting me and pointing out the convenient things. If you happen to step on the lightsaber itself, then THAT will be a wonderful convenience.”

He flashed her a smile and started to amble away hopping across the rubble that paved a route around the large, imposing monolith of the past.

The Twi'lek laughed a bit. "You know, I think I will use that in the future." She paused, "Though of course I'll give due credit to its' originator." She stuck out her tongue as she fell in line behind the grey haired Jedi. Her eyes glared sharply when Connor mentioned the possibility of him being wrong, or the saber having been plundered already. "Just....Stop talking." She would hear none of that nonsense. It was here, it had to be here. She was sure of it. That ninny was just messing with her head.

As the pair made it to the entryway, she almost called him out on being afraid of going inside, offering for her to go in while he scouted the area around.

"Oh, ya, sure. Send me in to the broken, collapsing structure. No worries, you wait out here where it's safe." The Twi'lek shook her head and rolled her eyes, throwing a smug grin towards him as she headed up the steps, pausing in the cracked entryway. "Wouldn't want to distract you from your day dreams, or nap, whatever you do these days old man."

She turned back, holding up a hand as she walked inside. "I'll be back shortly. Try not to break a hip."

About to throw back a witty retort, it was too late. Sera had gone already. He couldn’t help laugh at her quick fire response and her cutting jibes. He continued around the perimeter.

”I’m not even old. Not my fault my hair went this way,” he mumbled, following the stones under his feet.

Running his hand along the outcropping of broken wall, he craned his head to take in the structure and could see it was far beyond salvaging for the Sanctum. It was a miracle the thing was still standing…and he had sent Sera inside.

A small pit started to form inside.

No – it had stood for years – it would be fine.

He looked across the long exterior wall and held his palm to the wall and closed his eyes to focus his thoughts.

Sera was inside, moving around carefully and with elegant grace. There was, however, another presence. Small; a flicker. Connor opened his eyes and looked at the wall, focusing on the Force aura. It was small enough to be a dwindling energy. But it moved.

With a sigh, Connor smacked the wall. Nothing but a Felucian creature nesting or scrounging for food. He pushed on along the outside to the far end of the fort, passing a gutted speeder, full of mushrooms and green vines sprouting from the underneath.

Ugh. This place smells something horrid. The culmination of various mushroom species and animal feces was abhorrent. The Twi'lek held her breath, navigating through the cramped spaces of slanted, desolate corridors. The further inside she drew the less of the daylight was able to penetrate the darkness. Around another corner and she would be left in utter darkness. She reached for her hip and released Astana from her belt, snapping the blade to life as a means to provide herself with a bit of light as she continued wandering through the old building.

Her mind stretched out, speaking with the help of the Force to Connor. "It's tight quarters in here. No light. Smells awful too. No luck thus far, but still trying to find a room that hasn't collapsed, or a central hub that connects the building to the other wings. Not sure how far in I can get. Any luck on your end?"

She hopped across a bit of the floor section that had a few cracks and splinters in it, hoping to avoid that which was inevitable. The moment she touched down on what she thought was solid ground, she heard the snap. The floor gave way, crumbling beneath her pink feet and sending her a few levels below ground. Apparently the outpost was not entirely above ground.

As she fell, her hands tried desperately to grab hold of something, but to no avail. Her body slammed down, left shoulder first on a metallic catwalk below that led from one subsection to another. She let out a pained groan, though hadn't broken anything thankfully. Now though, she had no idea where she was.

"Connor...I....Ummm...I fell through a floor somewhere. Will keep looking, but the structure is definitely falling apart. If I get buried alive down here you better leave flowers."

Kneeling down, Connor had his palm to the soft, warm soil and listened to the Force all around him. He was about to reach out to Sera but that was rudely interrupted by the sound of falling masonry and stone inside the fort which echoed out from the fact no roof was above it. He snapped around, eyes looking up and down to see if the building was coming down.

He pushed up and ran back around to a gaping hole he passed before and vaulted through, the rocks crumbling under his foot but soon giving way to metallic walkways and twisted metal – what a strange sight and mixture of old and new architecture.

Thankfully, Sera was right there again, and the relief washed over him. He closed his eyes and breathed steadily, looking around for her signature.

”I’m fresh out of flowers but I’ll leave some mushrooms. Just wait, I’m coming.”

Traversing the long corridor he was on, there was streaks of natural light coming both up and below, so he really didn’t know where he was in the old base. Following on from Sera’s warm Force signature, he was descending a metallic stairwell and came to an empty turbolift shaft. Peering over, there was nothing to be seen, and obviously no running lift, so it made easy climbing down, metallic rungs and crevices ringing out with each click of his boots and hands.

A minute or so more, he came out the other end – not sure how far down he now was in the fort or the planet surface. It was seconds later he came to the dusty looking Twi’lek holding her shoulder starting to walk off.

”Sera!” His voice echoed out.

He picked up the pace and gave her a once over, holding out his hand for her to take if she needed. She had taken a tumble, that was for sure and the guilt rose inside him.

”Are you alright? Why didn’t you just use the lift shaft?”

"I'm fi-" She coughed a few times to clear her throat. The dust that had unsettled during her fall had filled her lungs causing the small fit. "I'm fine. Thanks."

Sera looked at Connor, a rather sarcastic expression on her face. "I hadn't planned on coming down here. The floor caved. I thought it was safe. Guess not, huh?"

Her saber had falled a few feet away from her and rolled into a small crevice along the outer wall. She knelt down and fished her hand around in the dark until she felt the cool metallic frame and lifted it back up, igniting the blade with the all too familiar snap-hiss. The added light allowed her to see a bit further into the darkened corridor.

She motioned for Connor to follow along, though her footsteps were distinctly more cautious now. Rounding the bend she noticed a large durasteel door that was partially crushed by the cave-in. "I think we're on the southwest side that I'd seen before we came in. It might be difficult getting around in here." Turning her body against the wall she shuffled through, partially kneeling through the opening and into the larger chamber.

Indeed most of it had been demolished, leaving massive chunks of duracrete to climb over in order to reach the other side of the room where three different corridors led out.

Shielding his eyes briefly to the glare of the bright saber blade Sera emitted, it took a moment for his eyes to adjust, and start to walk beside her as best he could. He took to brushing her arm down to rid the moss and dust hanging from her clothing.

”Well the way I came in, it seems we are heading…outwards, and underground.”

Taking her blade, allowing her to move through carefully, Connor followed as their path was dictated by the debris and fauna, and soon found themselves in a setting that was eerily familiar to Connor. He stepped forward and rubbed his chin.

”This looks like a tomb I’ve seen before, years ago. With Corvus Raaf, actually, seeking a holocron.”

He held his palm out and closed his eyes to feel the traces of the Force from the past.

”It’s a shrine – it reeks of the Dark Side, but not Sith. Just...darkness. It’s more than an archive. It’s a prison.”

He opened his eyes. Who knew what Lords had stalked down here torturing prisoners for information, seeking out those who stood for the Light and breaking their resolve in equal measure.

”Her lightsaber has been found. It’s down here – with others. It’s a shrine to the fallen Jedi and a prison for those on the Light. Symbols of the Jedi collected from their demise, stored here for those captured for all to see as a symbol of the rise of evil.”

Connor blew out a breath and turned to the Twi’lek.

”They found it and stored it as a symbol alright. We just need to hopefully find it, and before this place comes down anymore. You ok to carry on? It may be a bit grim ahead if this was a prison. It’s tainted, I can sense that at least.”

A tomb. Lovely. There was a certain allure to walking straight into an ancient abandoned tomb beneath a crumbling Imperial outpost. Then again, it was also just as likely a death sentence if they weren't extremely cautious of what they touched, where they stepped, and what they moved beneath the rubble.

"You've been down here before?" Well at least if that were true then the structure at least held together after others had rummaged around beneath the surface.

She moved aside a slab of loose rock ever so carefully to clear the way through the passage. A bit of dust and debris fell from above as they pushed onward through.

"A shrine to fallen Jedi. That sounds rather cynical of them, don't you think? A collection of Jedi belongings to validate their victories? That's a bit disgusting." She scoffed at the idea. The Empire was an abhorrent entity. She was happy to know it had fallen so many years ago, long before her birth.

"I'll be fine, as long as we find that weapon and get out of here without getting crushed." The pair came to a corridor that split between two directions, left or right. The Twi'lek looked to Connor. "Do we split up and go different ways? Or choose one and hope it's the right way?"

Connor followed on carefully, helping where he could and keeping an ear out for anything moving around – or above – them.

”I’ve only seen this place from above, never down below. It just looks familiar in design; the way it’s hidden, the passageways, lurking beneath an established base. It’s obviously a place to gloat, to take solace and to drive down enemies. I don’t know really, but I know it’s not a nice place.”

Coming to the split, Connor groaned. Why did they make these things so complicated? He walked to the edge of one passageway, holding to the lip of the stone and metal trim and leaned forward.

”You can’t be trusted alone Miss Shel’tah, so I’ll stick with you. You’ll need someone to carry you out of this place if it all comes down.”

He stepped into the left passageway and copied Sera’s idea with his lightsaber, the blue blade igniting with a powerful snap-hiss and illuminating the path before them which was simply a long stretch.

”I tell you what, they better have designed this properly – if this is going under the planet and the fort itself, then they’re going to have wanted to make an alternate entrance or exit up to the surface for bringing in or taking out prisoners if they got raided. We may be ok not to traverse back through here.”

A few small insets scurried underneath him, causing him to falter slightly, wincing at the little critters. The blue blade soon bled out into a large room filled with cells, each metallic grate buckled and busted open. Alters were smashed, racks up above had been pulled down and the room was a state. It led to another beside it, a hexagonal design, that was very militaristic.

Connor held the blade forward.

”There’s a signature down here. Two of them – including us. I just hope one is the lightsaber you seek and not something beyond our strength.”

He turned to her.

”If I’m going to die, I’m sort of glad you’re here with me. Could have been worse.”

He looked back to the row of cells and stepped forward to start a steady inspection of the build and the layout.

"I can't be trusted alone?" She scoffed, "Oh, you mean because I fell through the floor?"

Her brows furrowed, a sarcastic look on her face. "Not my fault the Imperials built this place out of cheap material. It can't even stand up through a few hundred years!" She pushed him along through the passageway after he lit the path with his blue saber.

The Twi'lek snorted a partial laugh at Connor as they walked through the rubble filled corridor, having been frightened momentarily by the few small insects. "Don't worry, little Connor, they're just bugs. They won't hurt you." As the pathway opened up to the large, thoroughly plundered room Sera held out her own blade to cast a bit more light about. A cascade of blue and purple danced along the edges of the walls as the two looked around at all of the damage long since done. It was apparent that not much else had been down here for some time, judging by all of the dust and insects that covered the area.

Giving a nod to Connor she proceeded towards the auras given off a short distance away in the other room. Sera laughed quietly, "You'll die of old age long before anything else." A wide grin danced cheerfully along her face. Whatever was down here she was certain they could handle. Unless it was a Krayt Dragon, then she might have second thoughts about this whole adventure.

Her hand reached for Maseru, her green bladed saber and brought it to life, both for added light as well as protection, just in case. She heard no movement, a good start, but mildly concerning. There was a pile of collapsed rubble in the corner of the room, a few cells, some with their doors still in tact, bones of the deceased on the ground within, others with the hinges torn off. A moment later she heard noise. She turned around, and down from a rather large hole in the ceiling, which was likely the cause for the rubble in the corner, a rather large Taozin slithered its' way into the room.

"Ummmm....Connor?" Her eyes widened as the massive wormlike creature made its' presence known. "I think we have company."

Connor half-turned his head at Sera’s words, but when he lazily looked around and saw the Taozin, his eyes widened and he stepped back, bringing the blade around.

”Just bugs are they? Won’t hurt you? Good call, Sera.”

The bug was a good 4 meters long, as it slopped down through the hole above, silvery webs falling behind it sticking to it’s body. Soft flesh on the bottom, hard shell on top, disgusting looking eyes and pincers up front. Connor swallowed – now it was a case of defending themselves against a space slug, whilst searching a prison for an old lightsaber, while not bringing the fort and the soil down on them, while trying to find a way out.

”You’re wounded, I’m not – go and search that back passageway quick for anything you can find - ” he called to her, eyes on the Taozin that was slithering slowly to gauge the two free meals that stood before it, ”- look up above the cells or any compartments. Grab what you can and find that saber, quick – if not, get the hell out and we’ll keep going if we’re not dead. Go!”

Connor pushed his free hand out to catapult the bug back into the two cells it had come down before…but nothing happened, just a tremor and the screech of the creature. Time seemed to slow.

”I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

The Taozin scuttled forward, using its weight to push forward and fear up towards Connor, who had to drop and roll out of the way to avoid an early retirement.

Gosh that thing's huge!

"Yeah, yeah, well they were just tiny bugs!" She shouted as she backed up a step or two. "I'm fine! If you think for a second I'm going to leave you alone with this thing you're out of your mind." Sera watched as Connor made a rather futile attempt at thrusting the Taozin back, the mighty slug, centipede, thing, having completely shrugged off his attempt.

Unfamiliar with what exactly the thing was, as it made its' way toward him she would circle around towards the back of the beast, jumping up and onto its' slimy, scaly back. It hardly noticed, or rather, cared, about her presence, as the snack in front of it was far more alluring for the moment. Its' pincers would snap down to try and bite at Connor, using its' massive body to try and pin him beneath it.

Sera drove her twin blades down into the thick exoskeleton of the Taozin, but much to her own surprise, there was a massive resistance. While they buried about a half an inch into the thick husk, they did little in the way of harming it. The centipede thing reared back and sent the Twi'lek toppling off the side to land on her back, before turning its' attention back to Connor.

Connor rose quickly as the creature slammed down with a sickly crunch, and saw the blade of Sera extinguish as she was thrown back off the shell. So much for actually listening to him!

”Women,” he cursed.

Now on both feet, two hands on the silver hilt, Connor kept agile as the Taozin turned towards him, a thousand needles breaking out of the creatures mouth, four pincers dripping with goo opening for an attack. Perfect.

Connor swung upwards with a violent swipe that cleaved the creatures mouth in half, two pincers falling to the floor with a crunch and a horrid squeal coming from the wound. The creature thrashed and reared again, and spat out a disgusting concoction of silver webbing and burnt flesh from the hole in its mouth.

It was too dark to see coming, and it struck Connor and burnt his hand and arm, forcing him to drop the saber and feverously brush it off as best he could and retreat a little further towards the rear passage where he wanted them both to be. He looked up, panic hitting him as he couldn’t see his ally. He felt her, but couldn’t see her.

”Sera! Get over here!”

The only thing he could think of, was to effectively barricade them both in this passage and one hold the Taozin back and the other search as quick as they could, along as many cells as possible until they found the lightsaber or died trying.

Sera heard the sound of the Taozin screech the moment Connor carved a chunk from the animal before it had managed to injure him itself. Hearing Connor shout she quickly jumped up from the floor, reigniting one of her weapons to see where he was. There was no time to get around both the Taozin and to Connor and back into the corridor. Her hand snapped forward, wrapping tendrils of the Force from around the man and quickly pulling him towards her and away from the immediate danger of the beast. "Are you alright!?" She shouted, quickly shuffling back a few paces towards the cells with Connor beside her.

The centipede had by then turned around, its' vision clearly unhindered by the darkness, though substantially more irritated than before, now missing a chunk of its' face. Her hand angled toward the pile of duracrete that lay on the floor a short distance away. Immediately she began hurling the large, heavy chunks of rock at it. It seemed for a moment to consider the proposition of continuing to attempt making a meal of the pair, but seemingly decided against it - at least for the time being, scuttling quickly off and back up through the hole in the ceiling and into the darkness.

He didn’t have time to react before he was dragged forward towards Sera, popping up to the rear of the beast, sending him sliding back, only composing himself and calling his hilt back to his hand. He just had enough time to stand and shield his eyes from the swirling dust and small chunks of rock thrown up in the air as Sera gave a healthy barrage of rubble to push the wailing creature back and up above.

”Well done you. Come on, quick,” he said, quite surprised at her sudden efficiency.

Connor replaced his hilt and quickly ran forward into the deeper chambers, the cells on either side all buckled still. Up above, the haunting noises continued, and now with the Taozin lurking it was more urgent than ever to hurry.

”Just keep going until we’ve no more to go on. If it’s not here, we’re back to square one I’m afraid.”

He took to the side walls and compartments and smashed up plinths surrounded in metal and rock and some mild fauna, searching for the flicker of the Force to locate anything and everything he could that would hopefully be the lightsaber of one Jedi Secura. The urgency was there between them, and he moved fast with purpose.

"Right. Let's do it!" Her eyes peered back once more at the hole where the Taozin had scurried up, following Connor further in. While he searched through the area on one side she would check the other, feeling around in the dimly lit chamber for anything resembling the hilt belonging to the Twi'lek Jedi. It didn't seem likely that the weapon would be found in any of the boxes or crates, given the time that had passed, and the likely number of looters that would have made countless excursions into the remains.

Sera knelt on the floor, crawling with her free hand and knees along the moss, lifting small piles of rock and debris, clearing away overgrowth and moving the abundance of wreckage lingering about. Overhead she heard the slithering of the oversized centipede skulking about. It was only a matter of time before the creature rekindled its' interest in the pair.

The female felt a small metallic grate in the floor, likely meant to be a drainage pipe in the event of flooding within the building. Carefully she used her saber to cut through the durasteel, before lowering her hand into the hole. It wasn't overly deep, but had been filled with mushroom and other plant growth, requiring her to pull away the obstructions. Placing her hand once more into the hole she felt the familiar feel of what had to be a lightsaber. She quickly yanked upwards and drew it from the drain, shining the light emitted from her saber on to the hilt in her hand.

"Here!" She shouted, her voice a shrill of excitement and wonder. "I think I've got it!" She examined it a bit closer, noticing the distinct features of the weapon, and compared it to the mental image of the weapon in her head from the hologram she'd seen. It was the very one she was after. She stood, her thumb nervously moving towards the activator switch with anxious anticipation. As she depressed the button, the snaphiss of the weapon gave way to the brilliant blue hue of Jedi Knight Aayla Secura's lightsaber. "Connor! This is it! This is hers! I can't belie-" She paused, as the sound of the ceiling giving way interrupted her speech. From above, the giant Taozin came crashing through, the floor above likely unable to contain its' weight any longer.

"It's time to go!"

His hands were black with grime, and had a nice cut down one palm - the metal was like razors if you caught it at a angle. Connor threw the next chunk of rock as he broke through the thin wall to check behind it, but nothing. On to the next. Then Sera shouted the words he wanted to hear. As the noise moved overhead, Connor jogged back up to find her with the lightsaber hundreds of years old, bridging different eons of Jedi in one activation.

Connor smiled. ”The worthiest Jedi found the prize.”

However, their heads snapped around together to see the hulking beast drop through the ceiling with no grace, bringing down another section with it. ”Follow me!”

He grabbed Sera's hand and didn't wait for her to exclaim - he wasn't going to lose a friend like this. Connor ran with Sera behind, reading the area as best he could with the light from the saber in her hand, back the way they came with the beast behind them ready for the hunt. Back through the passageway where they had traversed, and over a hole in the ground to reach the small control room Sera had fallen into.

Connor span her around and shooed Sera to the broken turbo lift shaft. Already focusing his mind, there was only one thing they could do - climb.

”Go go go, up!”

Into the shaft he went after he, glacning back towards the passageway where the beast was thundering to, but quickly returned to help Sera, and make the climb behind her before the floors above came crashing down on them. Now was not the time to be gentle - it was time to move like your life depended on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom