Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is A Dark Lord Without An Army?

business_handshake_black_silhouette.png

Grudge found himself in the Outer Rim Territories once again, the transport ship he ..'acquired' reaching a landing zone, assuming one existed on the planet Ession. The ship's hatch opened, a large shadow casted and a heavily breathing creature remaining stationary. Oddly enough, despite the large shadow, a 2 ft conglomeration of gray matter and unknown substances came flying out the transport ship, his brain-like body placed inside a hover-chair by which he had recently developed and was still testing. "Come you, you lugs, daddy's got business to attend to." He spoke, a cigar lit with his pink tendrils and placed within his mouth.

Following Grudge outside the Transport ship were two, hulking masses of green. Mutants. His Mutants. They stood 2.4 meters tall, equipped only with mean mugs and their bare fists for now. Grudge had answered [member="Darth Mephirium"]'s request for additional numbers. Seemed the fellow was interested in Grudge's creations. So much in fact he'd offered to aid Grudge construct a lab on Ession for the sake of mass producing the mutants for his own army. With haste, Grudge hovered himself toward the Mephirium's location. A message had also been relayed to Mephirium when Grudge had reached Ession.

"Well hello there, Mephirium. I've arrived on Ession."

If there was one thing the almost-mindless Graug were good for, it was manual labor. The warriors did not have much of a mind to think with, but they could certainly carry a box if needed. Some were more intelligent than others, and served as a kind foremen as the reptilian aliens bustled through the complex. Ession was a world of great cities, and one near and dear to Mephirium's heart. Odds were it would serve little purpose in the coming years, but using it as a staging round for this Hutt's mutant army would make it useful, at the very least.

Mephirium needed warriors for what he was about to attempt. He was not deft enough to believe that he could gain control by might alone. His cause required an army, multiple armies, and anyone who might provide such had been added to his list of contacts. Mister Grudge had been on a suggestion given to him by an old adviser. Mephirium had never set eyes upon him, but his plans aligned well with the Sith Lord's.

The landing pad that Grudge and his creations had landed upon was not far from the complex that had been set aside for their experimentation. With a bit of urging, Mephirium had managed to convince the city's parliament that his efforts were something to be supported.

The building had been set aside two days later.

"Good evening," the Sith Lord strode proudly up to Grudge. His new partner in the field of genetics was certainly not the most beautiful thing in the galaxy, but Mephirium had worked with Hutts before. Even deformed ones.

"I have people moving the materials into the lab. We've secured you one of the old skyscrapers. It was in use by a cloning company by the name of Crynic - many of their resources are still inside." He smiled. "A pleasure to see you in person, Grudge."

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

Grudge's blood-shot gaze brightened at the sight of [member="Darth Mephirium"]. So this is the man he'd be producing an army for. Grudge's mouth continued to mimic a chimney, spewing out smoke periodically and after each hefty puff. "Likewise, Mephirium." He replied briefly, the two mutants positioned behind him and casting shadows remaining stationary, staring directly forward until directed otherwise. "A skyscraper, huh? Grehaha! Generous."

"Very Generous. I'll be sure to use every ounce of it to produce an army never before seen for you, Mephirium. It being a prior cloning facility will only speed the process should the cloning technology still be inside. Well then, let's karking get go'n, shall we?" He motioned toward the distance, assuming the male would lead him and his ..'assistants' to the facility where his new lab would be constructed and personalized. "Deny me of a response should I cross my boundaries, but what exactly will this army be for..? How quickly would you need these armies of mutants? Even more so, would you have the means to equip these mutants with the necessary armor and weapons for battle?"

Mephirium kept pace with the hover chair as they made their way to the old skyscraper. The insides had been gutted when Crynic had been accused of treasonous activites, but much of the facility's oddities still remained. The Sith Lord was confident that Grudge would find whatever it was he might have needed within.

"I intend to unseat the Dark Lord of the One Sith." Mephirium stated plainly, not bothering to look at the Hutt as they strode through the doors. "He is ineffective, and has made us complacent. I will take his place." He shoved his hands into his pockets and looked up at Grudge.

He wanted to gauge the Hutt's response, though he doubted the mutant lord would care much. He seemed to be a bit bankrupt on the side of morals, considering the monstrous company he kept.

The Graug paid them little mind as they walked up to the front desk. It was unmanned for now, though Mephirium would be sure to help Grudge staff the place.

"I'll need these warriors generally quickly. The first batch doesn't need to be perfect. So long as they can fire a weapon, they'll find some use." He paused in the middle of the lobby and turned toward Grudge. "Anything of lesser than perfect quality created afterword will not be tolerated. As for equipping them, we can provide blasters. Armor, not so much."

The Sith Lord cracked a thin smile. "It's bit hard to armor creatures such as these. A little bigger than the average stormtrooper, wouldn't you think?"

Grudge took a panning glance at what seemed to be his new facility for production. It was better than the cooped up laboratory burrowed deep within the grounds of Rutan. Therefore, it would do. For now, at least. "The Dark Lord, hmm? Can't say I'm too interested in such affairs. I make the mutants, you buy 'em, what'cha use 'em for ain't none of my bussiness." He let out a husky chuckle, taking another puff. Grudge heard his own echo, indicating empty space, which meant the facility was mostly unmanned. This troubled him.

"Quick, huh? That..I can do. Assuming you'll be providing me with the proper staff to assist me with production and development. You needn't worry yourself about their capability to use firearms. That they can do and will do upon command. After the first batch, things will only get more interesting for us both, Mephirium, that much I can assure you." The Grutt pulled up a holographic list of his associates, scrolling through the selective bunch before recalling a particular zabrak. "Ah..seems you needn't worry about providing my mutants with armor. I've arranged for an associate of mine to handle that side of things."

Mephirium decided that he liked Grudge.

The Hutt was rather blunt, and perhaps a bit too unrefined for the tastes of other Sith Lords, but Mephirium rather enjoyed someone who could speak plainly. He had never been the type for fancy words or holding his tongue.

"I understand. I wasn't interested in such affairs either until recently." He snickered and led Grudge toward one of the elevators. It was just barely large enough for the mutants to squeeze their broad shoulders into. A few moments of elevation and they arrived on the fourth floor: the primary lab.

The doors hissed open, and the stale smell of anesthetic filled Mephirium's nostrils. His nose scrunched up in distaste. The scent reminded him far too much of the Graug testing labs from his childhood; bad memories, that. Shaking his head, Mephirium led Grudge inside. Cloning vats lined the walls, and smaller vats were lined up on conveyor belts attached to the upper walls. The belts moved through small holes on either side of the room on the ceilings and floors; the vats moved downward.

"That's very generous of you Grudge. I'll keep that in mind." He held out a hand toward the vats as they walked. "Those conveyor belts stretch from the top to the second floor. You can move humanoid beings in their vats.. The larger vats are for...well, I'm sure you can get creative."

He paused for a moment. "Staff is already being prepared. Fortunately, Ession has a population to rival Coruscant. You won't need to worry about being picky."

Grudge grunted, even more so than the hulking mutants behind him in the crammed elevator surprisingly. "..Karking lovely.." This scene would especially be awkward for the bunch if upbeat elevator music began to play. Seems Grudge would be taking a looooong puff of that cigar. Yeeep. The good st-Oh kark, there goes the husky coughing again. Once the doors hissed open, he'd be met with the smell of anesthetic. One he was oh too familiar with. W-..wait! Could he even smell!? The Grutt's panning gaze met everything he could visually capture on the fourth floor. Cloning vats, and bigger cloning vats! Presumably up to date equipment and tools and soon enough, the staff to use them! Things were looking up, and Grudge wasn't too shy to express his contentment with--

"GreHAHAAAHAA! Now this is beauty, Mephirium. I'll personalize it to my liking, of course, but once again, it's appreciated." He followed and listened to [member="Darth Mephirium"] as he gave a brief explanation, his brain body hovered above them all to gain a..'Grutt's eye view'. That was terrible. I'm sorry. "Creativity has landed me here and now. That I can surely have a kark'n good time with. For staff, I will need the strong for lifting and menial operation, the brightest for research and development and a mixture of both for security." The Grutt grimaced momentarily, unaware that Ession's population rivaled Coruscant's.

It proved how dis-connected he was from things. Especially having missed 200 years worth of notable events. "After your victory, Mephirium, I'd like to discuss your aid in me expanding my corporation. I'd need transportation for distribution and collection of mutants. Als-.." The Grutt paused, hovering directly before Mephirium. "Actually. You've provided me with enough for now. I won't blow your ear off with my requests. I'll get this show on the road and ensure you have the numbers to call an army. Your army." His jumbled, broken teeth curled into a malevolent grin.

"Have you any questions for me before I begin..'work'?"

Some might have said that Mephirium was helping a mad man ascend to a position of power. The Sith Lord did not believe such. Grudge might have some odd hobbies, and his intentions for the galaxy might have indeed been malignant, but he had agreed to fight by Mephirium's side, in a manner of speaking. That made him an ally. That made him a friend.

The human clasped an armor-bound gauntlet on the Hutt's grotesque form. It was the closest he was going to get to clasping the scientist on the shoulder. "That's kind of you Grudge, but you only need to say the word and I'll find transport for the warriors." He squeezed his hand, and dropped it down to his side.

His gaze swept over the relatively empty facility. That would not do. Soon enough, the staff he had tasked Josiah with securing would arrive. They would be paid well enough, partly from Ession's government, and partly from Mephirium's coffers until Grudge could begin to cover the costs. A final token of friendship for the Hutt to take advantage of.

"We can discuss as much as you want once I hold Coruscant, Grudge. I'll need people with no connection to the force to keep me grounded. Arrogance killed my master. It will not kill me."

He grinned. "I do have one question; what drives you to this? Is it simply the joy of creation? Greed? I'm curious."

Grudge concealed the sensation to shrug off [member="Darth Mephirium"]'s hand. The Grutt disliked physical contact, and being the rather grotesque abomination he was, he didn't have to worry about until now. "I'll be sure to remember that, Mephirium." Suddenly, the facility was bustling with, presumably, his new staff and work force. Another looong puff was in order, ahh..these were good times indeed. It reminded him of approximately 200 years ago, when eager interns and experienced scientists first came into his now abandoned, old lab.

The Grutt peered over toward him, momentarily, then resumed to discussing the matter at hand. "Though my mutants have a price, my allegiance does not. Nor, does my friendship, might I need. I'll be the first to take you down a notch or two should your ego start to inflate too much, Mephirium." He coughed, leaning to the side whilst chuckling. "I might pay for it with a blaster between my noggin', but HEY! What are friends for?" The Grutt continued his chuckle before his intentions were questioned, and just as quickly he grimaced.

"You see, Mephirium, I've dedicated centuries to creating what you see behind me. Failure, after failure, research upon entries of research. I grew mad with the idea of evolution. Becoming something greater. I gave up my bussiness, I sold those dear to me.." His gaze suddenly pierced through Mephirium, almost as if looking past the man before him entirely and into his past. "I developed a serum, a mutation serum more specifically. I had hopes of creating a new line of evolutionary creatures and monsters for war. For battle. To issue a new age sculpted in revolutionary evolutions." He coughed abit, wiping his mouth with a tendril. "I scheduled a meeting with the most renounced scientists in the galaxy. They would aid me produce the mutants on a grand-scale. However, the location of our meeting was leaked. Men and droid alike stormed in on us, striking down what little men I had with no remorse."

"I found myself a rolling head staring at my hutt carcass laying on the ground." His teeth began to clinch as he spoke, his body pulsating vigorously. The Grutt grew more furious with each word spoken. "They robbed me of centuries of work. Centuries of development. Still, 200 years later, I float before you now with a vendetta. A mission brought to an abrupt stop long ago. I do what I do in the name of evolution, and well..the beauty of bringing something into the world that shouldn't exist by ordinary means. This passion and hatred has festered for 200 years, my friend, and I'll be damned if I stop now before I revolutionize this world with creatures of mass destruction!"

Mad scientist. Mephirium could roll with that.

"Everyone has their passions, and I understand the loss well enough." Mephirium confirmed, though he had not suffered in a similar way. His life's work was being carried about before him as they spoke. Of course, that meant that Grudge's work aligned with his own now. The Hutt wanted to create monstrous warriors, Mephirium wanted to put them to work. It was a good partnership.

"Darth Arcis killed my wife and the majority of my soldiers on Balmorra. I was in a slump for a very long time." He grinned, drawing back a step. He had felt the Hutt's momentary displeasure in the force. No more touching. "Though not nearly two hundred years, I would say." The smile faded somewhat as Grudge went on about friendship. He wasn't the type to kill people for speaking their minds. Dissenting opinions were good for growth.

"You'll be fine. I'm a a terrible Sith Lord, truthfully," he snickered, "Which is why I go for the Dark Lord's position, of course. It's the only way to prove I'm any good at what I do."

The sad part was that such was a partial truth.

"Come upstairs with me. I'll show you the office."

Once more he made his way to the elevator, which then began to play Bantha Bells over the intercom. So soothing.

Grudge hovered himself into the elevator, raising a tendril toward the two mutants to physically order them to 'hold position'. They nodded, standing stationary alike statues with the new staff more than likely staring at them whilst familiarizing themselves with the new lab. Grudge couldn't deal with another cramped elevator session. Awkwardly enough, Bantha Bells began to play as they ascended to the office, Grudge's eyes shifting left and right in silence. Kark these elevators. Presumably, a 'ding' was heard as the doors slid open.

"An Office? Must admit..I didn't expect to be given so much in such short notice, Mephirium. I almost get the feeling I'll be signing a contract declaring my soul to your cause for 'x' amount of years. " He jested despite his grim and shifty look.

Mephirium might have begun to whistles to the sung. He might have bounced on his heels ever so slightly while doing so as well. That was all fine and dandy though. Even a usurper had to have a bit of personality, and so long as none of his underlings saw him acting a fool, things were fine. Once his very short session was over, he folded his arms over his chest, and strolled out into what would serve as Grudge's command center.

It honestly wasn't much. The place was not personalized at all (why would it be?) and the only furniture was a single desk and two chairs. There were windows just beyond that which could be completely closed via shutters if need be.

The designers had planned for everything.

Most importantly was the terminal. It was a high tech thing, one that put the usual holoterminal to shame.

"Just sell your soul to me Grudge, it'd be easier." He deadpanned. "That terminal has direct access to my comm. Call it if you need me. You won't be able to reach me via anything else."

The Grutt's eyes hesitated to shift over toward [member="Darth Mephirium"]. Whistling? Dancing? My, how 200 years have changed how things work. Grudge would peek this shocking discover both to himself and proof that one could be both powerful, and playful. Hovering into his new command center, he looked about, the near-hollowed appearance serving as a refresher for the Grutt. He would have to personalize this alike his new entire base of operation. His momentary grin would all but die however when Mephirium mentioned selling his soul. He'd face Mephirium, his face suddenly taking on a serious tone.

This would continue on for a few seconds before the Grutt burst out in hearty laughter, his broken canines exposed as he twirled abit in his yet to be pimped out hover chair. "Gehaha! Hilarious." Just as quickly as he started laughing, his grumpy expression resumed, another puff taken from his cigar. The Grutt would hover toward the high tech terminal, a pink tendril sliding across the beauty. Hmm. No Dust. "If you say so, Mephirium. I'll be sure to send you a feed of the party when things really get goin' around here." He couldn't help but chuckle. "In all seriousness, I hear you looud and clear. Is there anything else you'd like to bring to my attention?"

It was nice to have a break from the doom and gloom.

Mephirium had ascended to the title of Sith Lord to bring order to the galaxy. He did not do so to lose his sense of humor in its entirety. When Grudge laughed, he cracked a wide, good-natured grin that wasn't at all diplomatic. He would have to secure the Hutt a place on Coruscant once the war blew over and Imperial soldiers once again patrolled the streets.

"Nothing else, so long as you have what you need." Mephirium replied pleasantly. "If things are good and well Grudge, I'll be going. My comm is always open should you have need of me, and we'll need those soldiers sooner rather than later."

That was an understatement.

The Sith Lord drew his cowl over his head as he moved toward the elevator.

"Anything you might need?"

Grudge hovered directly before [member="Darth Mephirium"]. "Your army'll stand ready to adhere to your beck and call when the time for war has arrived. That much, I will work restlessly to assure you. You've done for me what most wouldn't, so I'll do the same." He cracked a broken-toothed grin, "Besides, bub. Figured we could kick back once everything's all said and done and enjoy a nice cigar. Wonder how they make 'em in Coruscant." The Grutt's laughter ended quickly, "I'll contact you, when and only I when need you. Don't be surprised if you get the occasional twi'lek dancing party feed though." The Grutt extended a slimy tendril toward Mephirium. "May we both raise to new heights. You, to the title of Dark Lord. Me..well..who knows where the kark i'll be goin' from here. Suppose that's part of the fun, huh?"

"As for whatever I'd need in the future..I'll simply forward the bill to you, f-..." He hesitated to speak the following word, settling with "Mephirium.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom