Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private What Could Have Been...

Breha Sal-Soren

B
Sal-Soren_Saga.png

Senate.png

white.png

Breha_3.png

Outfit | A simple tunic, trousers and boots (Flashbacks) | Junior Legislator (Current)
Location | The Ee'everwest Estate, Naboo (Flashbacks) | Coruscant, Federal District, Senate Apartment Complex, Room 352A

THE PAST

Alarms.

Screams.

Chaos.

Breha abruptly awoke to the sound of shouting and blood curling screams. A horde of voices crying out, seeking the living to convert them into their own shadowy apparitions. Her heart began to beat fast as the adrenaline and flight kicked in. She jumped out of bed and began to scramble to grab her things, her father burst through her door and motioned for her to follow.

"Breha, come on! We got to go!"

She scrambled around, looking for her Loth cat. "I can't find Ocelot!" She shouted back to him, as she dropped to the ground, searching under her bed for him.

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME, LEAVE HIM!" He came in and took her hand, forcing her up and out of the room. The eerie cold crept down the halls as the wails of the otherworldly filled the Estate. She took her comlink from her pocket using her free hand, thumbing the device several times, hoping to get a signal out. Her father led her down one way, and then another before coming to a collapsed section of wall. He let go of her hand and looked back to Breha who was still fiddling with the comlink. He grabbed her shoulders, hugged her and said. "Run as fast as you can towards the entrance, your sister will be waiting for you."

"Bri?"
She inquired, trying not to get emotional, but she knew what was happening.

He nodded and placed a firm kiss upon her forehead before gently guiding her to the edge of the opening. "I love you, now go...." He said firmly, and as she proceeded forward and over the debris, she looked back to him. He shook his head. "Go! Don't look back!" He yelled to her as she turned back down the path towards the front gates of the Estate. She rushed away from her home, and all her possessions - with the clothes on her back and the satchel over her body. She pushed through some bushes, trying to drown out the screams and the yelling. An eerie wind crept over the land, wailing loudly. The smell of embers and charred, burnt objects filled her nostrils as she came through a clearing and to the entrance. She saw Briana, she called out to her, yelling as loud as she could - but her voice didn't carry. She started to slowly jog towards her sister, repeatedly calling out. Briana wouldn't hear, instead she'd turn and activate some panel near the entrance and the Estate proceeded into lockdown mode. Breha panicked and started running towards the entrance, crying and screaming out.

"WAIT, DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE!! BRIANA!!!!!!!!!!!" She stumbled and fell onto the ground, as the gates locked down and the security droids activated - but it was too late. As the first secruity droid deployed and attempted to reach her fallen form - it would be shred by the Netherworld beasts that roamed the planes. The explosive force behind their blows on the droid, obliterated it in seconds. She scrambled to her feet, heart pulsing rapidly as she turned the other direction and began to flee for her very life.

THE PRESENT

Breha sat upon the lofty couch, looking out into the skyline of the city. Her apartment was located in the prime location for a view of the entire Federal District, including the Jedi Temple in the distance. Despite her lowly position as a Senatorial Aide, she was able to save and scrap for it. She fiddled with her hands, waiting patiently for her sister to arrive. She hadn't seen Briana in a while, and she herself had just arrived from off-world to begin her new position as a Junior Senator at large. Which meant nothing more than she was awaiting assignment after security assessment was conducted by the Galactic Alliance. She was hoping she'd land one of the more premiere roles with the upper echelons of command, but she wasn't guaranteed anything.

It wasn't like Briana to leave her waiting like this...

A painful flash in her mind caused her to wince slightly, shifting uncomfortably. The sound of the door buzzing caused her to come back to that moment, shaking her head as she rose to watch her C-3 unit go to the door in order to greet her guest...

white.png

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof1.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Breha Sal-Soren, FYI Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

THE PAST

Dread coiled within her like a snake, a glacial chill moving through the atmosphere long before she heard the booming sound of the heavens being ripped apart, witnessing another wave of darkness descend on them like nothing she'd ever seen. Screams erupted in every direction as panicked civilians ran this way and that in search of shelter and protection against the endless horde.

And even as one wave fell, another was there to immediately fill the ranks, no matter how many her and Vizion seemed to cut down as they carved a path to her families Estate.

Through the chaos of it all, Briana's attacks grew stronger and more ferocious with each sweeping stroke and precise cut of her saber, her thoughts drifting off to her family as crimson globs of viscera snaked down her dominant arm, unable to tell if the blood was hers, or if it belonged to someone - or something - else.

Netherworld monsters fell before them, netherworld monsters fell in their wake - husks of obsidian that dissolved into ash before they hit the ground, both her and Vizion drained.

"There, ahead!" she pointed, bolting as fast as her legs could carry her for the one clear path that opened up, pushing on past her deepest fears.... that she was too late.

A third blast shot down from the skies with legions rising up to join their demonic ranks.

"We're not going to make it Briana!" Vizion shouted, his eyes wild and his breath falling rapidly.

"You're wrong. I'll get to them, I know I can!"

She didn't wait to hear his shouts of protest, her guts twisting up as she plowed through the slim path of carnage that took her to the engulfed Estate, watching in abject horror as blue light shimmered up around her childhood home, making Briana slam to a sudden stop.

"No, no, no!" she half sobbed, half raged, panic rising as bile in her throat.

Rallying every bit of strength she had left, Briana willed her legs to move yet again, carrying her to the control panel on the east side - deft fingers flying over the paneling that kept her locked out. "Let me in, damnit!"

A hand against her arm whipped her around. "It's over. We have to go."

THE PRESENT

Unbidden memories swam up from the depths of her mind, leaping and dancing across her eyes like a silver fish until the shifting of the glass turbolift finally came to a standstill, causing Briana to flinch. The young Sal-Soren blinked slowly as the mental haze began to clear, the fluorescent sunset over Coruscant almost seeming too blinding for her eyes now - as if waking from a long rest, having been lost in thought for the better part of twenty minutes as she rode to the top of the 500 Republica - one of a myriad of skyscrapers within the Federal District, but no less opulent.

"Mistress Briana! Mistress Breha has been expecting you, you are approximately twenty minutes, thirty seconds and a half late." Breha's golden protocol droid greeted in a tirade as the doors slid open without ceremony, somehow managing to look both excited and nervous. "Well, hello to you too, you hunk of tin." she bristled, looking over the droid's shoulder to catch a glimpse of her elusive little sister at the far end of the spacious room.

Her stomach lurched uncomfortably. The tangible connection with her sister had been strained since the events of Naboo, and even though she'd left the Jedi to be there for Breha's recovery, Briana knew that there was still something amiss. Or perhaps it was her own guilt plaguing her over what had happened. She was the eldest. She was supposed to be her family's defender. Their place of security...

and she had failed them.

"Your heart is burdened by so much shame." Hisashi Hisashi had whispered to her all those months ago, when grief had nearly destroyed her. "Shame that is not yours to bear."

Despite his intentions to comfort, the shinobis words hadn't filled that hollow void.

And yet... despite all of the anxieties that cropped up within her now, Briana found herself unable to help the large smile that spread across her face, accentuating the faint dimple in her cheek.

"Breha," she said, crossing the great expanse to embrace her little sister. "Did you get taller?" she asked in jest as she pulled away, lightly tapping her index finger to the button of her sisters nose.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Jedi business kept me longer than I'd anticipated and traffic was a nightmare." Her eyes briefly glanced around the room, the accommodations of which were... impressive. A large open floor plan with a stone veranda, sweeping views of Coruscant's urban skyline, and even proper floor to ceiling windows. It was much larger than what she'd grown accustomed to since beginning her life as a Jedi, large enough that it could easily fit her and Iris' modest apartment at least twice.

The thought made her blush, the excessiveness of it all.

Briana could remember in her early days at the Praxeum being distraught over how tiny the rooms seemed compared to what she’d grown up with, even going so far as to demand that Brandyn give up the tiny bit of extra square footage his room had, to her. Something this size would have been a dream back then, now it felt like too much space.

"They set you up pretty nice, huh? How are you finding it here?"

JediD.png

Last edited:

Breha Sal-Soren

B

Senate.png

white.png

Breha_3.png

Outfit | A simple tunic, trousers and boots (Flashbacks) | Junior Legislator (Current)
Location | The Ee'everwest Estate, Naboo (Flashbacks) | Coruscant, Federal District, Senate Apartment Complex, Room 352A
Tag | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

THE PAST

She had no time to process the fact that she was left behind, her mind was frantically pumping chemicals through her blood stream to aide her in the escape from his hell. The heat, the smoke, the exhaustion wouldn't take long to overcome her. She collapsed near the crest of a hill that led to the lake behind their home, clawing at the dirt for every inch. As she pulled herself up to the top, she bore witness to the hell that was unleashed upon the gem world. As she rose up, shaking and struggling to gaze upon the hellish landscape with apocalyptic terror, she would cry out one last time before darkness took her. Her body would fall almost lifelessly down the hill, slumping at the base near the water.

As she stared upon the orange-hued night sky, the cries of the damned filled her ears. Tears would roll down her soot covered face, as she knew the world she knew was at an end...or so she thought. She felt an armored hand grab her frame and encompass her into a firm grip, and the sound of shouting filled her ears over the wailing and crying of the Netherworld beasts. She would fade in and out of consciousness, occasionally seeing a rifle shot here, a lightsaber blade here and there as darkness overcame her.

She was stabilized by her rescuers and returned to her family, her mother Teyla Sal-Soren pushed for her to be returned to Hapes, so she could help her daughter recover.

But the road to recover was not over, not by a long shot.

THE PRESENT

"Mistress Briana!" She overheard her droid exclaiming as she rose up from the couch, adjusting her outfit slightly. She kept her head held high, and looked the role of Junior Legislator to the T. Her hair was tightly woven in tight knit braids, not a single hair out of place. She walked, talked and acted proper when she was representing the Senate, but when the formal comes off - she is every bit a Sal-Soren. As Briana approached, she felt a hesitation, almost a glitch in her mind and body. She didn't move to greet her sister, not at first, it was as if she had to snap back into a role. She shook it off and met her sister halfway, embracing her tightly and inhaling the familiar scent her sister bore.

"Did you get taller?" Her sister quipped and as she went to reply, Briana continued on causing Breha's face to adjust oddly as she accommodated the interruption, her eye slightly twitched - perhaps just a nerve being triggered by some random spasm, or maybe annoyance. She didn't pay it much attention as a smile crept over her lips, nodding intently to her sister.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Jedi business kept me longer than I'd anticipated and traffic was a nightmare." Breha chuckled at the notion of traffic. She was fortunate enough to have a service be able to take her to and from the Senate Building and the offices of the esteemed Senator Kel Se'Taav. She had been selected by the Senator to be his Junior Legislator through the Senate's program for aspiring politicians. Breha followed her sister's gaze around the main area, the apartment wasn't large by Coruscant standards but it was modest. She had a single bedroom which was closed off at the moment, and a small kitchenette and living room.

"They set you up pretty nice, huh?" She nodded in agreement. "How are you finding it here?"

Breha chuckled and took a breath as she pulled away from her sister, holding onto her hands as she pulled away a bit. "I'm fine!" She chuckled, letting go of her sisters hands. "I haven't gotten much taller, I think..." Breha looked up, pretending to think before laughing once more and motioning around the room. "This?! Well, it's not home." She chuckled softly and motioned Briana over to the couch. "But it's home, if that makes any kind of sense."

white.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom