Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech WESTAR wa-02 "Loud & Proud"

Status
Not open for further replies.
com__mini_icetinguisher_by_jnetrocks-d6kr7w0.jpg

Image Source: HERE

Intent: To provide a none lethal wrist attachment for the WESTAR marketpage.

Development Thread: N/A unless needed

Manufacturer: WESTAR

Model: N/A

Affiliation: WESTAR, Clan Raxis

Modularity: Limited- adjustment of wave lengths

Production: Major production

Material:
-durasteel
-silicar
-electronic components
-gel

Classification: Sonic
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 5 minutes per cell
Rate of Fire: Continuous-automatic
Effective Range: 10 meters

Strengths: Stunning- The WESTAR wa-02 "Loud & Proud" is a sonic weapon that utilizes sound waves to disorient and even stun organic targets. This means that organic targets hit by it begin to suffer from disorientation due to being unable to breath and heart stopping. Organic targets will become completely disoriented and less able or even unable to fight back while suffering the effects of the devise. The sensation will even continue to remain for a time after the effect is over, length of which depending on how long one suffers from the effects. The weapon is also very loud because of this hence the nickname for it.

Weaknesses: Overload- The WESTAR wa-02 "Loud & Proud" uses electricity to amplify the effects of the gel transferring the sound waves, which means that both the electrical components and the gel itself can become overloaded. If the electrical components become overloaded then they will need to be repaired or the devise is unusable. If the gel becomes overloaded with electricity then it could end up burning up and will need to be replaced or the devise is unusable. The gel is not able to be overloaded by EMP or Ion based attacks like the electronic components, but it can be overloaded by ARC weapons or force lightning directed to the durasteel components of it.

Description: The designers at WESTAR were bored and needed a new project. They settled on creating a new wrist attachment to satisfy their boredom, and decided to create a none lethal weapon to off set the lethal weaponry offered currently. So after much, oh so very much, research and trial and error, they eventually created the WESTAR wa-02 that they nicknamed "Loud & Proud" due to the loud noise it made while in effect.

The WESTAR wa-02 "Loud & Proud" is centered around a clear silicar canister filled with gel. The silicar was used because of its ability to maintain the temperature of materials inside of it and because of its electricity resistance. It was made to be clear so that the gel is visible to check for the state of repair the gel is in. In front of this is a durasteel cap that also acts as the focal point for the sound to escape from. On the back end is devise made from durasteel that has mechanics inside to produce the sound waves and electrical current going into the gel. The powercells are attached onto the outside of this devise to power it and be easy to replace when drained. These are secured to a plate of durasteel and silicar layered on top of each other in alternating layers until the proper thickness. The silicar protects the wearer from any electricity and sound waves that might escape the devise, and the durasteel protects the silicar from damage via blasters and slug rounds. Then it was finished up by being designed to attach to hard points on armor or to strap to the forearm of those without armor.

The "Loud & Proud" works by the generator producing the sound waves and electrical current that is channeled forward into the gel inside of its canister. As the sound paces through the gel, it becomes amplified and loses little energy on its way to the focal cap. The electricity excites the gel and further amplifies the sound waves by adding more energy behind it so that it can travel further. The sound waves then hit the focal cap and become projected out of the devise in ring shaped waves. The waves can reach a maximum effective range of 10 meters. The problem though is that once the sound hits the air it begins to lose power and so the further away it travels from its source the weaker it becomes. Once it is past its maximum effective range it is unable to effect targets enough to produce vertigo.

Primary Source: Sonic weapons

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Gray Raxis"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

Gray Raxis said:
Vertigo- The WESTAR wa-02 "Loud & Proud" is a sonic weapon that utilizes sound waves to create a sense of vertigo in targets.
I suffer from vertigo and acrophobia. Getting up too quickly or bending down makes me sometimes feel like everything is spinning or moving. Headaches often make me feel nauseous and makes walking difficult. Heights make me dizzy and feel like I'm off balance as well. When I was a kid my eardrum was torn because of an ear infection, so I was partially deaf for a while, which I am guessing was what caused this. But I've never felt any kind of effect from sounds, and I've gone to a lot of concerts.

The link above is all I could find relating to this, but that is a unique defect of only a select few people.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

I found a book that goes into a bit of detail on it. A lot of the details offered by the other links are speculative or hint towards being theoretically possible but little evidence supporting it. The Wiki refers to the G20 summit which police used what was essentially a sound cannon on protesters, which is nothing more than a device that creates sound loud enough to cause physical pain to those without ear protection. It's not silent though, but incredibly loud

This book goes over quite a few different scenarios of weaponized sound. Take a look:

The Effects of Sound on People
Pg 58-59
Jeuqx7u.png

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Ignore that previous statement. Spoke with someone on it and it seems I was misunderstanding your issue. It was not the disorientation but the vertigo specifically you were having problems with. I am going to update the sub to reflect this change and will link the SW wiki on sonic weapons as well.

-sonic weapons

[member="Gray Raxis"]

I think there was a misunderstanding. I don't really have an issue with it since reading that excerpt of the book. I didn't know it was possible, but I was just looking for you to clarify more precisely what the levels were this weapon was using, as there is a wide range. There is the pain inducing audible level, like an LRAD, or the inaudible low frequency high dB levels like what is explained in that book.

I'd just like more clarity on exactly what this is doing and a bit of detail as to how it's doing it. (what frequencies, dB level, how people would react to each setting, etc.)

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Well for the frequencies that is adjustable, which I mentioned in the modular portion. I can put in more on it in the description if you would like for me to. As far as the effects go, it is not able to reach the point to kill or cause long term effects to a target. That is why I mentioned both that it is none lethal and only disorients several times. If I need to, I can add more to the effects in the strength portion based on the frequency being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom