Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We're Your Problem Now

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg

Coruscant
div-purple.png
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

“Today is the day, huh?”

Vera looked at her brother, who was standing to her right, and offered him a warm smile. Together, they were waiting in a small meeting room at the Temple. Their Master was going to be arriving any moment now, and Vera could feel her heart beating faster, even though she already knew who it was.

Briana was no stranger to any of the Nobles, and a very gifted Jedi Knight. It made sense the Council had trusted her to take on both Aris and Vera. Because as much as their parents didn’t want to influence their training, they were still the son and daughter of two prominent Jedi. That alone put a target on their backs, so they needed a Jedi Knight with experience and the skill to help them reach their potential safely.

Briana was going to be the one.

“Are you nervous? Or just excited?” Vera asked while she rocked back-and-forth on her heels. “I think I’m both.”

“But we got this together, huh?”

GADividerPurple.png

"It is weird we're together. But, I suppose it makes the most sense."

Logically speaking, the Jedi shouldn't put siblings together as Padawans. There was a lot of training that was involved with helping a Jedi learn to act not by their emotions, but alongside. And yet, for Aris and Vera, perhaps it did work. Aris who couldn't use the Force. Vera who suffered still from her uncontrolled visions. They would be able to help one another as they had been throughout the years they've grown together.

The benefit outweighed the risk.

"But I think I am both. I'm very eager to start."

Vera Noble Vera Noble | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Coruscant, Jedi Temple | Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

A wave of nostalgia washed over Briana as she quietly observed Vera and Aris before making her presence known to them. Watching them was like peering through time, a vivid reminder of her own first experience inside these hallowed halls. Though, back then, Briana had worn a mask of indifference, concealing the awe and exhilaration bubbling inside her. Brandyn on the other hand, had been unapologetically and infectiously enthusiastic, reveling in their surroundings, and openly expressing his delight.

Back when the Galaxy had been new, and simple, and still shining.

Now, both her and Brandyn were Jedi Knights — each set on their own paths, making room for the incoming tide of the next generation of Jedi who were eager to leave their own mark on the Galaxy.

She just never imagined that it'd be the Noble children who'd come to carry the torch next.

Briana could still remember cradling Vera as an infant, her delicate form nestled in the crook of her arm. Vera's soft hair, the innocent gaze of her wide multi-colored eyes, and the delicate features of her face and chubby cheeks, committed to memory.

Then it was as if the universe blinked, and in that fleeting moment, Vera transformed. Now, her Master's daughter stood tall and ready, her anticipation and eagerness a palpable reminder of her own youth when she was Vera's age.

Aris, too, had grown.

The once cherubic child, who'd had to crane his neck to meet her gaze, was now nearly eye-level. Like a weed in the wild, he'd sprouted uncontrolled, his lanky frame bearing a striking resemblance to her own brother during his teenage years. However, unlike Vera, who radiated a sense of bold confidence, Aris maintained a composed and quiet demeanor at his sister's side.

Another resemblance that made her lips curve ever so slightly.

The responsibility of training the children of Valery and Kahlil, of ensuring their safety, was a burden that was equal parts humbling and terrifying. Doubts about her readiness to take on the mantle of mentor to the Sword and Shield's children lingered in the recesses of her mind. Yet, she was determined to rise to the occasion, to give her all, and pass on the lessons Valery once imparted to her.

The signature smirk she was notorious for, shot across her face as she finally decided to step forward and make her presence known, closing the gap between them in measured steps. No use delaying the inevitable. "I'm glad to hear that, means we can get started sooner, rather than later." Briana cut in, suppressing the more natural impulse to pull the two youngsters in for a hug, instead choosing to opt for a more formal bending at the waist in greeting.
"It's very good to see you both here, are you settling in alright?"

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-purple.png

Vera pouted just a little, "It's not weird...I like it..." She said but she decided against lingering on it. If Aris said it was weird, it probably was, but Vera felt a lot of comfort about being able to go through this journey together with her brother. They had learned to rely on each other, and she didn't want someone else to do that instead of her.

Well, except for her parents and their Master, of course. Vera knew and understood that Briana had a lot of pressure on her now. A lot of people wanted her parents dead, and one way to get to them, was through her and Aris.

She would have to be careful and not make Briana's life too difficult.

"Good, I'm-" Vera stopped when she heard and felt Briana entering, and turned to face the woman with a warn smile. "Bri!" She exclaimed, her arms already rising as if she was ready to charge in for a big hug. But then she remembered, and cleared her throat.

"I mean, Master Sal-Soren. It's good to see you." Vera bowed in return and came up with just a little smile. "I'm doing good. Looking forward to learning from you, Master Bri."

Damnit.

GADividerPurple.png

"People have been very welcoming since our arrival, though I imagine some of that is because of our parents." There was no denying that the fact their parents were the Sword and Shield would affect some of their fellow Jedi. But at the same time, Aris figured it wasn't a lot, if any. Jedi weren't the type to put a lot of stock in personal achievements and family connections.

He stayed where he stood, glanced briefly to Vera as she threw up her hands for a hug. He did not do such a thing, rather kept himself still with a calm smile. They were her Padawan's first, after all.

"When do we start, Master Sal-Soren?"

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Jedi Temple, Coruscant | Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana's nose scrunched ever so slightly at Vera's slip up and over correction, mirthful amusement filling her blue eyes with full understanding of the impulse. She'd almost made an identical blunder moments ago, herself. Adjusting to these new roles as Master and Student was undoubtedly going to take some getting used to for the both of them. Though, Aris on the other hand, seemed to almost slip into his new role with an innate ease.

It was striking how both siblings seemed to mirror their parents in that regard — or at least, how Briana might have envisioned them in their younger days.

"I'm glad to hear that," she said with a nod, hearing that they'd been openly welcomed. It was a daunting thing for most to leave behind their home and come to the Jedi Temple, even if there was familiarity there and she wanted them to feel as comfortable as possible. "and yes, it's true that some might be paying a bit of extra attention to the two of you because of your folks, but I'm sure that there are a number who are just genuinely excited that you're here."

Briana shifted her feet, canting her hip to one side to take a more casual stance and folding her arms loosely. "As for when we start, that'll be whenever you feel ready. We can ease into it, no need to rush. We've got time. Have either of you picked out your training blades yet?"

Coruscant
div-purple.png

"It's important to us that we're not treated differently because of Mom and Dad,"
Vera said, her eyes briefly shifting to Aris before they returned to their Master. "It will only hold us back." If things were somehow made easier for them, or if Jedi helped them purely because of their parents, they'd never be ready for the hardships of the Galaxy. Already, they were one step behind because of the targets on their backs, so they needed to be prepared.

Rocking back and forth on her heels a little, Vera looked at Briana and smiled just a little. She knew that Briana would protect them against things they weren't ready for yet, and there likely wouldn't be any other Jedi Mom and Dad trusted more. Not after everything Briana had already done for the Nobles.

It was exciting to have her as their Master.

"We actually built lightsabers already, Master Bri," Vera said, and again, she blinked. Maybe it was Master Sal-Soren? She smiled sheepishly but decided to continue for now, "We went on a gathering trip to Ilum with other Padawans and got our crystals!" She grinned and looked at Aris again.

"So... we're ready!"

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Coruscant | Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Vera Noble Vera Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

A warm smile tugged at the corners of her lips, "You're right. Being treated differently because of your parents would only hinder you. We're Jedi. We strive to seek and uphold truth, justice, and equality. So whenever you're here, the only thing you'll be judged by are your actions and your dedication. Not by your lineage."

She paused, glancing between the two of them. "And I assure you, I won't be making things any easier for either of you. You've both grown up around the Jedi and the Jedi Order, but this is your journey now. It won't be easy, and it shouldn't be. The Galaxy can be a harsh place and we need to be prepared to face it. And trust me, you will have to face it, just as I did — just as your parents have and hundreds of other Jedi before them." Briana was aware of the adversities they'd already braved, but that didn't mean they were fully acquainted with the ruthless nature of the Galaxy, nor did she expect them to be. As their mentor, it fell upon her to guide them through these eventualities.

To cushion their journey... no, that would serve no one.

A depth of affection filled her eyes, reserved only for those who held a special place in her heart. "Your mother trusted me, and I promise to do my best by you, just as she did by me and my brother when we began our journey."

Her head canted slightly, choosing to address Vera's earlier confusion about her title. "Also, Master Bri, Master Sal-Soren, Master Briana—any of these will do when we're on mission or within the walls of the Jedi Order, Vera. But in private, I'm still just Bri."

When the duo revealed their lightsabers, there was a notable glimmer of pride in her expression. Was it fitting for a Jedi to feel pride? Regardless, she felt it, impressed by the initiative they'd already taken. "Ah, I see," she nodded. "That's a very crucial step," she mused, making the mental adjustments on what to expect from them and where to go from here. "But if you both feel ready, then very well." Pivoting on her heel, she gestured towards the dojo door. "Let's put these lightsabers to the test then, shall we?"

She did not wait for an answer, striding confidently through the doors and into one of the many empty training rooms that lined this part of the corridor. "Right behind me, Padawans," she called over her shoulder, a hint of warmth seeping into her otherwise formal tone. Inside, Briana waited in the middle of the mat, her posture relaxed and lightsaber still unlit by her side.

With a gentle sweep of her hand, she beckoned them to join her on the mat. "Given that you've both already constructed your lightsabers, I'm curious to see what else you've learned, so I can tailor your training accordingly. We'll start with lightsaber combat today, and proceed from there. Do either of you have any questions of me before we begin?"

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-purple.png

Yesssss.

Vera didn't know where to begin with her excitement. She felt happy and relieved that Briana wasn't going to give them special treatment, she felt overjoyed that she could still call her just Bri, and she felt so warm that Briana was this proud. Now, they were even going to be training together already!

Their first training session with their new Master.

"Yes! That sounds fun, Master!" Vera exclaimed excitedly, before she gently nudged her brother. This was really happening — they were becoming actual Jedi now. Not younglings anymore, just learning the basics, but actual Jedi Padawans who would go out in the field to solve problems, and learn anywhere.

This was one of the most exciting days of her life.

After following Briana into the training room, Vera stepped forward and unclipped the hilt of her lightsaber from her belt. She briefly held the familiar weight in her hand, then let out a soft sigh, "No questions, let's do this." She thumbed the ignition switch, and watched the green blade ignite into existence.

"Mom and Dad, and some others here at the Temple have taught us some basics. We especially fight good together. Right, Aris?" She grinned at him and dipped her head. If Briana wanted to test them, she was going to give her all. So, that meant allowing Aris to lead the charge, so she could support him.

GADividerPurple.png

Just Bri?

Aris's expression scrunched up a little. He wasn't too keen on that, if only because he didn't want to disrespect his master. Or the Jedi that had come before them. All of his learning had emphasized a lot on the relationship between a Master and a Padawan. It was how a Jedi learned to become one, and how, eventually, a Jedi would return the lessons to another.

It was very unlikely he'd ever refer to her as Bri until he was finished being her Padawan.

He followed along after the two, still smiling. He was excited to be here, that couldn't be understated in the slightest. Once in the training room he took out his own saber, ignited the ancient kyber within to let the blade flash to life as he lowered into the opening stance of Shii-Cho. "Should I hold back? I can be very strong, and Master Noble has been teaching me to control it."

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Coruscant, Jedi Temple | Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Vera Noble Vera Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

"Mom and Dad, and some others here at the Temple have taught us some basics. We especially fight good together. Right, Aris?"

"Good, then I'll assume you're both familiar with the cornerstone of all the forms, Shii-Cho. We'll be starting there. From that, we'll cycle through the other disciplines until you reach either your limit in knowledge, or endurance." she paused briefly, "And while I'm glad to hear that you've both learned how to work together, it'll be even more crucial that you learn to stand strong independently, as you won't always have the benefit of having a team or each other when you're in the field. Going forward we will be balancing unity, with the development of your individual skills as well."

"Should I hold back? I can be very strong, and Master Noble has been teaching me to control it."

The query was not born of arrogance but rather consideration.

"Respectful, Aris. I appreciate that," Briana acknowledged, flashing him a reassuring grin. "Control is of course essential, but I want to see your true abilities today. No need to restrain yourself too much. We'll work on finding that balance together."

Reaching down to her side, Briana unclipped her own blade and triggered the combustible reaction of the lightsaber, a vibrantly strong blade of ever turning blue energy springing forward with that distinctive snap-hiss. Briana assumed her stance, eyes losing some of that original mirth and becoming more serious, watching them both with a focused gaze. Combat was as much a psychological endeavor as a physical one, even in training.

Briana wanted them to take this seriously, and planed to put a bit of pressure on them that might undermine their performance, the same way a real situation with great risk could. It would give her a better understanding of where they either needed considerable improvement, a simple refresher, or simply needed to move on. And of course, since this would test them in a myriad of ways, she'd be keeping mental notes of which blade style suited them best.

"Let's see what you've got."

With that, Briana exploded forward and to her Padawan's with great, yet carefully controlled speed, attempting to push Aris and Vera out of their comfort zones without being too overwhelming. As she came closer, she observed the subtle shifts in their postures and the grip of their lightsabers. This was going to be the moment of truth — the first exchange would set the tone for the rest of the session.

Twisting her body, a fairly powerful diagonal sweep came down, aimed to strike Aris across the torso, before swiftly reversing the motion in a fluid, spinning backhand strike aimed to catch Vera off-guard on her left side.

Coruscant
div-purple.png

Development of individual skill?

Vera never liked the idea of having to fight alone — she wasn't a fighter like Mom, Dad, or Aris. But Briana was right, and it was very likely that she'd be put in situations where she'd have to defend herself. Vera nodded in understanding, then turned her head to look at Aris. He had been training with Mom a lot more, she knew, but just how much had he improved? She had seen some of his abilities, but she had this feeling he could do more.

That he held back whenever he trained with her.

Their Master, however, was an experienced Jedi Knight, trained by their Mother for many years. She knew how to fight and handle tough opponents, so she could handle it. Vera had a feeling that Aris would find it exciting.

"I'm ready," Vera said, and while she had expected Briana to await their next move, the Jedi Knight instead moved to attack. First, Aris became her target but a quick sweep followed in Vera's direction as well. The young Noble raised her blade in a proper guard at the right angle and managed a block, but she felt the strength behind it.

This was serious.

Vera jumped back and without saying a word, extended a hand to pull on Briana's dominant leg. On its own, harmless, but she hoped Aris was ready to take advantage of her attempt.

GADividerPurple.png

Don't hold back.

Aris tightened his stance then, took a breath in focus. If he wasn't going to have to hold back, then he could focus his all on his strikes. He was solely focused on Briana now, his breathing level, his gaze unwavering. He had no hesitation in him about this. No wavering focus. She came forward and struck, and he was quick to meet it with his own.

Then continued forward. As Vera leapt back, he pressed on, bringing his blade around in a quick strike to try and overwhelm her with his raw speed and strength.

Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Vera Noble Vera Noble

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Jedi Dojo, Coruscant| Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Vera Noble Vera Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana watched her students intently, a mixture of pride and critical assessment in her eyes as they responded to her initial assault. The crisp air of the temple's dojo, thick with the scent of ozone as the lightsabers danced and crackled with each clash. Her heart raced with the thrill of the exercise, yet her mind remained as calm as the surface of still water, carefully analyzing every move that each of them made.

The counterstrike she directed at Vera was meant to test her reflexes and ability to adapt quickly. Briana was therefore impressed with Vera's tactical use of the Force to target her legs, showing both ingenuity and a willingness to look for opportunities.
Briana allowed herself to be nudged by the Force pull, using it to pivot and roll away, converting the momentum into a teachable moment. "Good, Vera! Use the environment, use your intuition," she praised, before turning her attention to the advancing noble.

Aris embraced the permission to unleash his strength.

His focus was unwavering, each strike swift and powerful. Briana could see the potential in him, the raw talent that, with guidance, could be honed into something formidable. The blade of her own lightsaber came up to meet him in rapid response, intercepting the young Padawan's attack with a parry that was both quick and precise. Her muscles tensed, absorbing the impact of Aris's blow that caused a slight tremble to course through her arms.

Briana held firm, subtly using his strength to guide the blade off its planned path, to try and force Aris to extend himself further than he might have intended, testing his control and his ability to recover from an overcommitted strike.

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-purple.png

Woah.

Vera's heart was pounding in her chest. This wasn't the first time she saw Aris training without holding back, and she had seen Mom and Dad in action enough to have been introduced to the type of skill Briana displayed. But it didn't make it any less amazing to see them both in action. Aris was strong and fast, especially for his age, and Briana had that same energy about her as well.

Calm and calculated - refined with years of training and experience.

Vera smiled at her Master's compliment.

But even though she knew that she couldn't quite match the pressure Aris could add, Vera knew she had to do something. He was her brother, and if they ever got in a serious fight against someone more skilled together, they would have to find a way to beat them, too!

With a burst of speed, Vera moved down Briana's flank, ligthsaber drawn and her eyes focused. She wasn't as quick or strong as Aris, but she could be clever and force Briana's focus to split. Coming up from her left, Vera made an attempt to circle around Briana and hopefully force her to turn away from her brother to defend, or be left exposed from behind.

"Nyah!" Vera exclaimed without realizing it, as she swept her blade towards her Master's torso from a hopefully advantageous angle.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris continued to strike, rapid and unrelenting. At least until he found himself struggling to keep up. It was a single misstep- no. He'd been baited into it, guided into it. He slipped, found himself falling and having to compensate for that, which only had him battered away. Vera took over then, giving him some breathing room to at least keep from tumbling.

The moment his foot reached solid ground so he could recover? He took off like a bullet, launching right for Briana again just after Vera's strike, bringing down his own to try and help his sister.

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: | Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

As Vera rushed in with a spirited cry, Briana couldn't help but smile inwardly. It was a good move, but the exclamation had given away her position, robbing her of the element of surprise. In a real battle, such a giveaway could be costly.

Without missing a beat, and with the grace of a leaf caught in the wind, Briana launched herself into a backflip, soaring over Vera's oncoming strike. Mid-air, she reached out with the Force, using it to try and nudge Vera gently forward with a push against her back, aiming to disrupt her balance just enough to send her into Aris's path as he surged forward like a tempest. Hopefully it would create a moment of confusion that would later serve as a stark reminder of the importance of awareness and control.

With the softness of a snowflake alighting on the surface of Hoth, Briana landed behind her two pupils.

"Did you see what happened there?" Briana asked, her voice calm, yet carrying a weight that demanded reflection. "Vera, your exclamation, while full of spirit, gave you away like a lightsaber in the dark. Had you not prematurely revealed yourself, you might have been successful in catching me off guard and tipping the scales in favor of your comrade. And Aris, you must be mindful of not only your own actions but those of your allies and opponents. Your strength is undeniable, a force to be reckoned with. Yet, it is the mindful warrior who prevails. Lack of awareness and anticipation can turn even the mightiest into unwitting pawns of those more strategically adept. Every action in combat, be it physical or verbal, has consequences."

Her gaze swept from Vera to Aris, ensuring her words were taken to heart. "Like a game of dejarik, each move connects to the next, with strategies within strategies. You both have immense potential and a familial bond that can create a very powerful alliance. You understand each other in ways that will challenge others and make it difficult for them to foresee your tactics — if, when you're together, you utilize your connection to sense one another's intents and actions, and operate as one cohesive force."

Coruscant
div-purple.png

What the-

Vera blinked and snapped her eyes up, wide with surprise, as Briana backflipped over her attack. That was Mom's formerPadawan, alright. Before she had much of a chance to respond, she felt a Telekinetic nudge connecting with her back, right between her shoulder-blades, and stumbled forward into her brother's path. She was nimble enough to not crash them both into the ground, but his shoulder connected with her own, and sent her tumbling.

Vera rose with flustered cheeks.

Her multi-colored eyes shifted to her Master, and for a moment, she feared that she was in trouble. But it was a silly thought, she realized rather quickly. Master Sal-Soren explained what mistakes they made, but in a constructive way. It made the young Noble smile, and she looked at Aris with an encouraging grin.

"I understand, Master." She dipped her head, but there was something else. "...I want to find more ways to help Aris, but I'm also worried that I won't be able to protect myself without his help."

GADividerPurple.png

Aris paused mid strike, as best he could anyway. He hadn't expected Vera to be the one in his path. It made sense, it was clever. When fighting more than one person, using them against each other certainly made it easier to keep ahead in a fight. As he dipped away from Vera in their shoulder check he was already making notes on how to utilize it for himself.

"I can't feel her intents like she can feel mine. I'm not sure how useful that will be, at least for me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom