Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We're Your Problem Now

TB.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Coruscant, NJO Dojo | Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Briana listened intently to her students, her expression softening at Vera's concern and Aris's admission. Both of them had legitimate worries that she wanted to address head-on.

"That's an understandable worry, Vera. But, if you really want to help Aris — one of the best things you can do is learn how to become strong yourself. That doesn't mean you have to be the strongest combatant." She began, "There are many ways to defend yourself that don't require overpowering an opponent. Sometimes, the best defense is not just a good offense, but a keen mind that can outmaneuver an adversary." Briana paused for a moment, considering her words before continuing.

"When you're in battle, I want you to always be thinking of how to redirect your opponents energy, to consider the environment you're in and what advantages or disadvantages that gives you. Find ways to use their momentum against them, and employ defensive tactics with the Force that will allow you to maintain control of the situation. Strategy, agility, and intuition can be very powerful in their own right. Hopefully in time, you'll feel just as confident on your own, as you do with your brother." Or at least confident enough that, Force forbid anything should happen, Vera would be able to get herself out of a situation whether Aris was there, or not. Making sure they both could walk away from battle, was more important than anything else.

Turning to Aris, Briana's brows furrowed. She'd had a vague idea before meeting with them that Aris experienced the Force differently than the other Noble children, but she'd never encountered someone who couldn't feel the intentions of another like this, especially between those who shared a close familial bond. It posed a very unique challenge.

"Then perhaps we need to look for another approach to help you." Briana mused a loud,
"My older student, Lily Decoria Lily Decoria , is an Echani. One of their specialties is reading body language through combat. Perhaps this skill might be something you can learn and adapt to your own strategy. Understanding the physical cues of both foes and allies can be invaluable, as most combatants exhibit certain patterns or 'tells' that can be followed if you know what to look for."

Coruscant
GXBt1S5.png

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

"I understand Master,"
Vera said with a soft smile. "I'm not really a fighter and I want to focus more on other things. Visions, runes, golems. But... I have to be strong, too." This was a time of war, after all. Mom and Dad had fought so hard to end the last one at Exegol, but as history has proven countless times before, there are always other forms of evil waiting to rise up. And while her parents were still going to be there for a long time to stop it, eventually it would be her duty as well.

Hers and Aris'.

"I'll do my best to find ways that suit my skills, Master." Vera seemed to brighten up a little, and eagerly looked at her brother. He had his own struggles, so she hoped that their Master could help him, too.

Which she did, though the mention of Echani combat made Vera scrunch up her nose.

PKbCzg3.gif

qRXa5GX.png

Outfit: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber, Echo Stone | Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble , Vera Noble Vera Noble

"Very good," Briana's smile broadened slightly as she observed the nuanced expressions that flickered across the faces of Vera and Aris at the mention of Echani combat techniques, a single brow arching. Since neither said anything outright in opposition to the suggestion though, Briana took it as their silent agreement. As long as they were willing, there was no reason to add undue pressure. "You both did very well today, and I'm glad to hear of your openness to the paths ahead."

With a fluid motion, she deactivated her lightsaber, its hum fading into silence as she clipped it securely back onto her belt.

"As we conclude today's lesson, I want you both to reflect on the discussions we've had and the insights you've gained." Briana's blue eyes swept over her two pupils, her features softening to something a little more warm. "I'll be sending each of you a training itinerary tailored to your individual needs and goals, along with a selection of articles and materials for study. These resources will cover a range of topics, from advanced Force techniques to historical battles and the philosophies of combat. Your understanding and engagement with these materials will be crucial for our next session." She offered them a slight nod. "You're both dismissed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom