Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're All Stories In The End....

She had been waiting for this. She had found him at long last. The Sith who had destroyed her life, ruined everything, the one who killed Salan, and now they were here. Her saber came to her hand. The Shoto sprung to life in her offhand, and she pointed it at him. "Do you remember this, Sith?" She asked him. From her tone, one thing was clear.

Only one of them was walking away from this.

Narda laughed in contempt--his grin of malice was invisible behind his metal mask, but the laugh was only made more horrible by it, turned into a metallic grating sound which contained evil in every syllable.

"My dear, you'll have to clarify for me. I really don't have the faintest idea of what you're talking about. What am I supposed to remember, exactly?" he paused for a moment, as if deep in thought, but before Saran could reply his horrid voice rang out once more: "oh, that's right! I'm terribly sorry, my memory isn't all that relaible these days--that's what age does for you, you know. Yes, I remember you now. As I recall, you were the one cowering in a corner as I slaughtered that Jedi--no?"

[member="Saran Drast"]

"No." She had been in another room. Not that he would understand. They never did. "There's only one way I can put this, scrum." Her voice said each word like it was the most important thing she would utter. Her saber flew to her hand. Another, the hilt vertical in front of her. "DIE."

And both blades activated. A crimson flash from the blade in the air, moving quickly to strike out again and again at him. Meanwhile, Saran readied herself. The shoot held parallel to her waist, the saber vertical by her side, she watched him carefully. Each blow from the saber she held in the force was probably easily blocked, but she didn't care. Best to wear him down first.
[member="Darth Narda"]

The crimson blade of Narda's saber burst into life, blocking the first blows with ease. The young knight had creativity--he'd grant her that. Narda lashed out with his hand, delivering a savage force push. He hoped to break his enemy's concentration and therefore stop her from weilding her saber in this manner.

"Your petty tricks are of no consequence." came his metallic voice, the words full of cruel mirth.

[member="Saran Drast"]

The Force push hit her hard, the girl tumbling through the air. But it was more than it should be. If [member="Darth Narda "]saw her as weak, then he would underestimate her. And that was always good. But as she landed, she knew this wouldn't be an easy fight. It never could be. But if that was how he wanted to play, then she could play that way.

Reaching out in the force, she found the edge of his mask. Wrapping it up, she pulled on it as hard as she could. And as she did, her saber came back to her. It stood again at ready before her.

Narda yelled in pain as the mask was ripped off his head, revealing his grotesque face, chalk white, marred by dozens of scars and complete with eyes that glowed orange. In retaliation he leaped into the air, his lightsaber held high over his head as he rocketed towards his enemy in the hopes of slicing her in two.

[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran spun, her form sliding out of the way, barely too slow to escape unharmed. @Darth Narda's blade slid down her arm, right where Traycen's beskad had hit on Concord Dawn. She continued her spin, her saber coming around behind him, aimed at his neck. The red saber, held in the force, would cut upwards from the ground. He would need to parry two strikes as one.

Narda's crimson blade swung savagely upwards to meet the one that was sweeping towards his neck, and the two sabers met with a brilliant flash of light. Immediately afterwards he spun away from the crimson saber swinging up from below, following up by grasping his saber in two hands and using the momentum of his spin to perform a powerful overhead slash. If she blocked it, he planned to immediately follow up with another force push.

Instead of blocking, Saran wrapped his legs in the force, and pulled, intending to pull him off his feet while she jumped backwards. Her blades came up, the purple saber and the blue shoto crossing over her chest. Her crimson blade lined up vertically to her again. She seemed to smile before cutting the red weapon loose again, swinging downwards to strike at his head.
@Darth Narda

Narda was thrown to the ground, landing on his back with a grunt of pain. He had no time to worry about that though as the crimson saber same rocketing down towards his head. He raised his hand as if to shield his face from the blade of crimson plasma, attempting to stop the blow by catching it in the force. Halting the blade in mid air, he desperately tried to wrest it out of his foes' control, attempting to throw it away from them and out of her grasp.

[member="Saran Drast"]

Pressing the blade down, Saran stepped forward again, slashing her saber at [member="Darth Narda"]'s leg. She would make him feel pain, as she had. If he lived, she would make sure it was with great difficulty. "I've been waiting to kill you for ten years. I can't say it's as I imagined." She drew the saber above him away, and attempt ed to steal the saber from the Sith's hand.

Narda rolled away from the Jedi's strike, snarling as his enemy attempted to rob him of his weapon. Grasping it as tightly as he could, he leaped to his feet and went on the offensive, knowing that he needed to break her concentration to make any headway in this fight. She was clearly extraordinarily strong in the force, and she posed a deadly threat because of it--but if he could take that advantage from her, it would be her downfall. Executing a direct overhead slash, he locked blades with Saran.

"You have waited to kill me?" he hissed. "Yes, I can sense your hate, your desire for revenge. You and I are not so different as you think." With that he broke away, trying to keep her off balance by launching a flurry of attacks. A two-handed sweeping attack to the right, then block the counter, then downwards slash to the left. Narda's mind raced as he made split-second decisions on what to do next, allowing his instincts to take over as he tried to anticipate her moves.

[member="Saran Drast"]

Spinning out of the way of each strike, Saran moved to land a blow, aiming for the back of his sword hand. Jumping away from him and raising her weapons to block, she readied herself for his next assault. "Yes, we are. I don't claim to be perfect. But I am not evil." Her face seemed to twist into a pained smile. "You are."
[member="Darth Narda"]

"Am I?" laughed Narda, his voice now even more full of mirth. He twisted his body, striking his enemy's saber in a brilliant flash of light, before raising his hand and sending her flying through the air. "You think that this galaxy has rules? You think that there is such a thing as good and evil?" He got into a defensive stance, waiting for her to strike back at him. Their conversation was more important than trying to land a blow--she was clearly a deadly enemy, and they were on fairly equal terms. He had to knock her off balance--mentally, if not physically. And perhaps this situation could be turned to her advantage. "The Dark Side's power is stronger. You cannot defeat me without it. You have such potential...use it!"

[member="Saran Drast"]

The blade flew from her hand, moments before she realized what was happening. It had been too long sense she had been called on to fight. She was rusty. And then the throw struck. She slammed into the wall, her neck stuck forward. Pain shot through her back, and it felt like a torrent of fire was running down her spine. She fell to a knee. Focus. Master Salan. Focus. Calm. Clean. Like he always had been. Until those last moments. She stood, forcing the pain of her back away for the moment. "No." She said, raising her head. "It never has been." Calling her saber to her hand, she calmed herself. And she was ready. "There is no emotion, there is peace."

[member="Saran Drast"]

"Think about what you are saying." hissed the Sith. "What defines us as sentient beings? Self-awareness, I'm afraid, does not. There are many models of droids who are completely self-aware, and yet also completely bound to whatever master made them. How, then, are they sentient, if their minds are controlled utterly by the will of another--if they are capable of thinking but not thinking for themselves? No." said Narda, his voice growing lower. "Emotion defines us. If a being, even an artificial one, has the capacity to feel, then they cannot be bound completely to the will of another. All you do by reciting those poisoned words is reduce yourself to nothingness--less than a droid; a machine."

"No. What defines life?" Saran replied. "Life is defined as the Force wills. Not by emotion, not by thought, but the Will of the Force." Her voice was tweaking as she forced herself to focus on defence. Not her strong suit, but if her plan worked...
The saber [member="Darth Narda "]had sent flying from her hand rattled on the floor. The saber Saran had been holding in the force flew towards her. As did the blade she had held before. Only, there was a problem. The former was on the other side of the Sith. If he missed it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom