Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welp. This is Lovely.

Caid Centurion

C
Ossus

Caid's silver-green gaze immediately took in the sight of the Jedi Temple. His eyes drifted to the sentries that stood guard at the base of the steps and again just in front of the massive doors before surveying the massive implication of the estate upon which the Temple sat. The Grand Admiral had not journeyed here for any official purpose. Yes, he'd made a visit to the defense forces orbiting the planet merely because there was no way for him to go anywhere in the Republic it seemed without people knowing and scrambling to impress him with their general presence.

To a point, the large Admiral was hoping that reality would be little more than a fantasy here in the world of Jedi. Motioning for his entourage to remain behind with the vessel, Caid stepped forward. He'd grown accustom to the odd sensations that drifted in and out of his mind at seemingly random intervals. While he knew of the Force, his knowledge was rudimentary in nature. He'd long since dismissed the reality of his genetics and written off the sensations as hyper-active senses honed from a lifetime of combat training. The reality was not far from the young man's perceived truth.

This visit had, of course, been arranged. Caid rarely had the luxury of impulse these days. Actually, that was not true. He had every luxury if he chose so, but it wasn't the proper way to run a command. The more impulsive he was, the more disruptive it was to a swath of people that worked tirelessly to make his life as simple as possible for the sake of enabling him to focus his attentions on what mattered. The Republic.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Both schedules had been arranged — and while Caid had every ability to reach out, Kiskla had every ability to deny. Based on their last interaction, she weighed the option. She was no longer in debt to her promise — but now this had grown, blossomed into something far more grotesque than Caid pursuing his abilities in The Force. He now commanded the Republic’s navy! Talk about realms of demented grandeur. From pirate to admiral.

Though, she considered in a strange, roundabout way, she as Grandmaster was no better off when it came to records. Perhaps they’d both had the luxurious benefit of people being relieved by their presence, rather than questioning it.

She was partway down the steps when [member="Caid Centurion"] came into view, right on time. Verily, she preferred him on the other side of a desk, maybe breaking it in two. But maturity demanded she be professional.

“Admiral Centurion,” Kiskla greeted, the taste slightly bitter on the back of her tongue. She’d practiced saying it several times en route to the front of the temple so she wouldn’t make an involuntary visual response of discomfort. So far, she was 1/1. Muscles were totally in control. “Welcome to Ossus. Glad you’ve set up something a little more substantial over head — thank you for your work on that.

What can I do for you today.”

They’d both come a long way since Commenor.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid's silver-green eyes held [member="Kiskla Grayson"]'s gaze for but a moment before they diverted skyward and back down to her face. "The defense fleet around Ossus could stand for upgrades, but I was sure not to allocate you useful resources. After all, the stated purpose of this government principal enemy is the destruction of Jedi." The Grand Admiral didn't emphasize the point with the intent to suggest their elimination would alleviate the burden of war. The man was far from naive and a keen awareness of realtiy was something he could not escape. Like father like son.

Without allowing the comment time to marinate, Caid proceeded. "Do not thank me for doing my job. On to the point of this rendezvous, however. I do not like you, Master Grayson. I think you are a child, and I think whatever advisory role you served to the late Supreme Chancellor was piss-poor from both a strategic and tactical standpoint. That said, I respect your efforts and the efforts of those you work with on a daily basis. I also recognize that being a tactical savant is neither your role or responsibility amongst the Galactic Republic. It is, however, mine."

Exhaling heavily, Caid forced himself to pause. Raising a hand, he did not...digress so much as sidestep the issue. "That was pretty much an apology, but I'm also not a politician or a wordsmith. As a result, it was an invariably terrible attempt at acquiescence to a more congenial nature." Not a wordsmith but...educated? Moving right along. "I want to be able to work with you. First impressions do last a life time, and I'm afraid we're just going to have to deal with the initial impressions we gave each other." Not that either of them likely thought on it much at...ever. "Also, despite my personal feelings, I know a rift exists between the Jedi Order and the...normal...supporters of the Republic. In the past this organization has failed because, quite simply, the Republic has yet to execute a unified operation. Zeltros was a...decentish start, but we still have so far to go. I would very much like to see your people comfortable working in and around my people and vice versa. We all have our talents, but it is only together that we will succeed in the defense of those that rely on us."

Decent enough conversion. For now.

After a handful of uncharacteristically silent moments passed (don't worry, they were filled by [member="Caid Centurion"]) -- Kiskla nodded curtly.
bd6f5d459adea7419c3ce9cd5110da1f.gif

"I'm glad that's all of your chest now.

Most of the normal supporters of The Republic categorize themselves as different from ourselves mostly from lack of understanding. As we do to some of your methods. If working together is the ultimatum you seek, there should be an understanding established between both groups. A comprehension of the differences, from that point acceptance and adaptation can being their operations." An initial step was kick started by the movement of her own feet, "Since you're here, I'm going to assume you're aware of that necessity to bridge that rift, and you're now here to be proselytized." A heartbeat was shared before she lifted her hand ever so slightly at hip-level to wave away the suggestion. The idea was not for Cameron's son to become a Jedi -- they were both well aware of that. Or in fact, perhaps all three were. The potential was there in terms of ability perhaps, but that was about it. The Admiral was suited to the stars and administration -- as this was more of an amplification of his previous captainship. Right?

"Or at least to gain a bit more perceptive power into how we operate."

Caid Centurion

C
As [member="Kiskla Grayson"]...more or less restated precisely what he'd just finished saying, Caid simply gave the woman a casual incline of his head. There wasn't any level of need for him to gain more exposure than he already had to the Jedi Order, in his estimation. However, the Admiral was not one to deny the acquisition of information. As for his own genetic ability to manipulate the Force, that was never a matter the Jedi would have to be concerned with. It did amuse him, however, to think that the Grandmaster was so quick to assume his training had never been initiated.

Perhaps...concealing his ability in the Force was simply a skill. Not one that he'd mastered completely as, well, any force user could tell that he possessed some latent amount of potential but enough to appear untrained. The realities of his personal progress in any discipline were not the point of this visit. Inhaling slowly, he shrugged his shoulders at the lithe Grandmaster, silver-green eyes gazing down at her. "Proselytized, no. My interest in this Order ends with understanding its workings in order to better serve the Republic, that is it."

More or less.

Her lips twisted at his comment, she had been joking of course. Nevertheless, he seemed content to continue with his knowledge pursuits.

“I’d be ignorant not to make this a two-way street. I’m sure there are many mechanics within your realm I’m deaf to.” She had spent a portion of her life, small though it had been, as a student to the air academy but that had been in a far different position than how [member="Caid Centurion"] and his men operated.

“But since you’re here,” she’d start as she did with most Padawans. Establishing what was already known so neither of their time was wasted. “-Tell me what you already know of The Jedi Order.” After all....his respect had to stem from somewhere.

Caid Centurion

C
Caid gave @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] an empty stare - which surely meant he was concealing the depth of any emotion about her, the Jedi Order, or the planet of Ossus in general. "Blind and deaf," was his verbal response to her initial statement. Silver-green eyes regarded the Grandmaster for a moment. "Yet. You would be surprised how large Republic Intelligence's file on you is, Master Grayson, so I'm aware of a great many of your past exploits. Along with a number of others."

Pausing for a moment, Caid nodded in assent to her last statement. "I know only what I've read, or what my mother conveyed during my childhood. As a result, it does not paint you all in the best light. Have you noticed that every time the Jedi get involved in military affairs, they have a tendency to makes things much worse?" Raising a hand to prevent some childish outburst or contorted facial expression, Caid continued. "In the end, their support does bring things full circle to victory. I admire the Jedi for their ability to persevere through any adversity. Even when the entire galaxy seemingly turns against them, they remain resolute. I can appreciate this is a necessity for ones charged with such a lofty purpose as to fight for what is right."

Now. A question of his own. "Do you not think the Republic and its citizens would be better off without the Jedi Order being so closely affiliated? The Republic has surprisingly few enemies. It merely inherits a great deal because so many seem bent on the destruction of the Jedi Order." A stony gaze settled on Kiskla as the Admiral eagerly awaited a response. His query was merely a philosophical one. At this point, he was by necessarily suggesting...anything.

Oh good, the boy did his homework. The first time they'd met she'd almost filed [member="Caid Centurion"] away as being illiterate due to some terrible out-dated archetype of pirate booty -- she wasn't sure if she preferred that or not at this point. Nevertheless, she'd be a good hostess and, ever-curious, she was being presented the opportunity to learn something new. She'd not squander it.

The Centurion offspring was speaking in circles, although his negativity posed book-ends to the glimmer of positivity on either side. His question was certainly fuelled with the embers of potential, and though he didn't seem the type of person to dwell in any realm beyond realism and efficiency, perhaps he was taking a wade through possibility. "That goes both ways." She'd often wondered why The Order had so closely merged with The Republic, in fact she'd investigated it almost two years ago to see why so many former Grandmasters had disappeared from the confines of The Order. Corruption and human nature seemed to be the seed of it every time. "Much of the reason The Order suffered such a hostile perception a few years ago was induced by The Republic's actions, and The Jedi's seeming duty to respond in accordance.

I'm sure you've even read that a former Supreme Chancellor was a Jedi before politician." Not to mention the girl had been what, sixteen when Watts had administered her that task? That was far too much nearness for comfort, the lines of their reality was blurred. Apparently she'd salvaged The Republic or something. Go Aleidis!

"Looking at the attacks retroactively, it's possible to point a finger at a single organization. While the One Sith are making directed targets of The Jedi Order, and wanting to eradicate us, no-one is to say that they wouldn't lash out to Republic worlds as leverage. Power is power, no matter who it's taken from.

Do you think The Order is cancerous."

Caid Centurion

C
Caid had, of course, considered the high probability of the reality [member="Kiskla Grayson"] was describing. Without any literal confirmation from the mouth of the enemy, no definitive conclusion could be drawn. However, all present evidence and rhetoric pointed to the stated probability. There was one relatively sure thing, the One Sith were not the only potential issues within the galaxy. There were certainly plenty of reports of aggression elsewhere. The fact it had yet to touch Republic space was not necessarily indicative of anything other than the need for time. That was Caid's biggest opponent. He was constantly in race against time.

The alluring woman's question caused the Admiral to quirk a single brow briefly. "I think, by nature, every organization is cancerous. In the end it is the general inability of people to think and act with true singularity of purpose that creates problems. This is especially true in organizations that hold freedom of will as a chief component." Shrugging slightly, Caid settled his silver-green gaze on Kiskla. "I think the Republic's former premise of rule-by-a-conglomeration-of-politicians was more cancerous than anything. Striking the fragile balance between freedom and order is not something to be taken lightly, nor does it come with ease. Sacrifices, sometimes not-so-pleasant sacrifices, inevitably must be made, Grandmaster."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom