Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well This Is Weird [Darrin Onyx]

Onyx, The Burned Man, walked through the crowded streets of Coruscant. The lower levels was still his favorite place in the galaxy. A place where anyone can do what they want when they want. Even more so here then Tatooine or a unlawful Hutt planet.

Seeing his favorite bar he gave a small sigh. He was happy to be back in the galaxy. Though his new title, Burned Man, was something he didn't take to much pride in. He only used it because of his newer appearance, courtesy of Darren Shaw. He was just over thirty and he looked like he was fifty. His facial scaring and cybernetics made him look sinister. It only seemed appropriate to, so his enemies wouldn't recognize, have a new identity.

The Burned Man...

Onyx say down at the bar and ordered his usual Kuaty whiskey. Taking the whole bottle he took a few sips. Just another day...

@[member="Darrin Onyx"] (@[member="Darren Shaw"] for referencing you)

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin slowly walked through the lower levels of Coroscaunt, for some weird reason he felt... connected to the lower levels, like he had been there millions of times before. He had a sense of freedom in the slums, like he could do anything without the watchful eyesof the Jedi peeking oover his shoulder to see what he was doing, it was a freedom he quite enjoyed.

He saw a large sign that announced that the building was a bar, even though Darrin looked to be around 21 years old his clone body was only one year old, he didn't have much experience in normal things like bars, cantina's he was even new to most social situations. He thought about going in, just to find out what it was like. The little voice in his head was protesting but curiosity got the better of him and he entered anyway. Darrin received many looks that he could only describe as 'dirty' as he walked up to the bartender, Darrin looked at what alcoholic beverages were being sold, he immediately chose Kauty Whiskey, he took a glass of the stuff then made his way to a table, sitting down he took a small sip of the liquid inside.

@[member="The Burned Man"]

Finishing the bottle he turned to leave but someone caught his eye. A young boy, maybe early twenties. The boy looked like himself when he was younger. Short blonde hair, not yet apart of the Empire back when Onyx was still on the run from the law.

It shocked him- to see someone that looked just like himself. It brought back so many flashbacks and thoughts. Onyx tried to ignore it. Turning back in his seat he ordered another bottle. Slowly he started drinking and he, again, looked like another normal patron. He wasn't leaving, not yet. He was going to follow this kid and figure out who he was exactly.

He only hoped it wasn't a trap set by his enemies, which he doubted.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin took another sip of the liquid, it was strange to his taste buds, but after another few, rather large sips he came to the conclusion that he enjoyed the drink, it was then that he would notice the eyes of another burning into the back of his head.

Darrin was overcome by curiosity, he turned to face the man who was staring at him, it was only a glimpse of the bandages set something off, as Darrin turned and focused his attention on his drink, but then he was transported, he saw himself, but it wasn't himself, on the sand world of Korriban, how did he know it was Korriban? He had never been there, Darrin was in a instance brought back to the present, he looked around then skulled his drink, what had that been, it was him...yet not? How could that ever make sense? Darrin considered himself to be insane when he remembered unofficial clones often had the side effect of witnessing weird images in there minds.

Onyx could feel the man and his troubles. It was... strange. He could see Korriban within him and, more specifically, the tomb that Onyx first ventured to as a young apprentice. It made him feel strange. He never experienced these flashbacks unless he was looking in a mirror or when he was with a close and old friend.

That when it occurred to him, this young man might be a clone... but how? Onyx never made a clone. His sister, Serana, had a clone of course. But Onyx never created one. Or one that he knew of. He was dead for several months and it could have happened then. Or maybe while he was gone away in the Unknown Regions, though he doubted it since no one could get his DNA.

So he got up and left. He had a feeling the man would follow. He walked out and into a nearby alley, ready for the man to attack or to talk. Either way, Onyx was ready for anything.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
The man got up and left, which sort of pissed Darrin off, this man had triggered some sort of vision which should be impossible. So Darrin placed his glass on the counter and made his way out. Darrin followed from a distance, watching waiting, the way the man walked was very similar to Darrin's, the man twisted and turned into he turned into a back alley and Darrin followed.

The first thing that Darrin did was introduce himself "Hello, I believe you were in the bar we just left" Darrin stated "Oh, how rude, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Darrin, Darrin Onyx"

Darrin had no idea at all how the man would take it, but yet Darrin stood on the spot, anticipating the man's answer.

Onyx was shaken as the man said his name. In fact, he got light headed and almost fell over. He didn't understand. How could this happen? "What?" He simply asked with shock filling his voice and tone. He just didn't understand.

In his mind thousands of scenarios ran, trying to figure out how this happened and how he had a clone. "I'm Darren Onyx, The Burned Man." Darren replied, trying to regain his normal voice.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
It was Darrin's turn to be confused, he was even a little nervous "but we can't be relatives, I mean I'm a clone so it is impossible" maybe sharing the fact he was a Clone was the wrong thing to do, but if this is the Darren Onyx that he had read about, then Darrin would have no choice and have to stay true to his vow, to kill Darren Onyx and all Sith.

Onyx shook his head. "What?" he was able to mutter. "Who... when were you created?" Onyx had to know who cloned him and why. He wasn't angry, more in shock at the fact that he had a clone, one that, based on what he could feel, was more light then dark. It was something Onyx always tried to achieve but never could. It saddened him. But regardless, he needed to know who created him.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
"I was cloned over a year ago, a last experimentation of the Sith for bringing back some guy that coincidentally has your name" Darrin prayed to the gods hoping that this old 55 year old wasn't the man he was cloned from.

Onyx cursed under his breath. This man was his clone. Created by the Sith no less. "Do you know why you were created?" Onyx asked. He dodged the answer 'yes' and cut right to more questions. He needed to know why...

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
"The guy was dead, in a sort of tube thingie, he was powerful apparently and they wanted to bring him back. I am the only surviving clone of that experiment" that was basically all anyone needed to know and it was especially all this guy needed to know, Darrin's story was a rare one, one that he should tell in full one day, but that day is not today. Darrin looked the man in the eyes and wondered what would come next.

Onyx didn't like the story he heard. Though he was only a year old, so he didn't expect much. But what he didn't understand was why they tried to clone him. "Here I stand in the presence of my clone, someone created by my enemies for their own gain..."

Onyx moved towards him. "Who are you allied with?"

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin stepped back as the man advanced "can't you see my braid? I'm a Jedi" he wondered what... he was going to do next, he might attempt to kill him, who knew? All Darrin could do was stand on the spot.

Onyx sighed. His clone was hi enemy, no matter how he sliced it. Created by his enemies and now be trained by his enemies. Onyx stepped back a bit. "You are my clone, I have searched your mind and I find it to be true..." Onyx's tone darkened then, "But you are with my enemies and that makes you an enemy... The next time we meet I will not hesitate to kill you. So train, learn, and master what you can because I will, eventually, find and kill you."

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom