Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this is just Great...Not.

Bentil stood outside his Light freighter shaking his head, "of course it happens to me" he grumbled, and what had happened to him was his fuel ran out. "Last time I let a space port fill me up" he looked around helplessly, if he remembered correctly there was a town not to far away, North of here. "Better start walking i guess" he sighed and started his trek through the desert.

Aster about three an hour or two he reached the town, it wasn't giant but it wasn't small, it was a trading town so there were ships coming and going, he went into a bar, got a some water and came back out, he heard a noise and turned a corner to find five thugs mugging a man, "hey!" He said, the thugs turned to look at him and the man used the opportunity to bolt "you just cost us our prey kid, looks like you get to take his place" the leader said drawing his blaster but Bentil pulled out his lightsaber and hit the button.... nothing happened, Bentil shook it a bit and sand fell out of it "guess that's what i get for dropping it" he muttered, the thugs all trained there pistols on him and the leader said "you know i heard there was a bounty for force users, a big one to"

Tags [member="Wrenarias"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Wrenarias made her way through the winding streets of some town whose name she couldn't even remember. Mos Evly? Mos ily? It didn't matter, all the settlements on Tatooine were all essentially the same.

A pair goggles were perched on the top of her head, with a dark scarf hanging around her throat that she could pull up to cover her mouth and nose should the wind kick up too much sand. Which was bound to happen, it was Tatooine, after all. Her lekku were adorned with leather wraps in a casual decorative fashion.

It had been a rather productive day for the woman. She'd managed to make some credits by mending a handful of malfunctioning droids, and re-calibrating cybernetics that had been clogged with sand. Now that the day was winding down, she was making her way back to the lodging where she'd been staying for the past few days. It would be time for her to move on soon, especially now that she was beginning to collect a proper savings.

As she was passing by an alley, she overheard the unmistakable sounds of a scuffle. She paused and glanced in the direction of the disturbance, just in time to see the young man pull a hilt from his belt and try to activate it. Wrenarias immediately recognized the would-be weapon.

The trio of bandits clustered around him sneered and turned their blasters towards the young man.

Clicking her tongue, Wrenarias reached inside her jacket and produced a slender, silver baton. She clicked an actuator and the hilt extended further, allowing for a two-handed grip or to swing the weapon with more force if needed -- which she suspected would be needed shortly. As she turned to walk down the alley, she pulled the scarf up over the lower half of her face.

"There is." She called out to the trio, casually walking towards them. They were standing between her and the young man. "The trick is, however, to catch them."

As one of the men turned around to face her, the twi'lek launched into action. She spun the hilt in her hand, swinging it down so that the blunted end struck the brute across the temple with enough force to knock him off balance. Following through, she kicked one of his legs out from under him, causing him to drop to his knees; which allowed her to slam the hilt against his head once more.

He fell unconscious to the ground before the other two had turned to face her.

--------

[member="Bentil Mortop"] [member="Riley Reese"]

Lawlessness. That was one way to describe life on this hot ball of sand called Tatooine. Every criminal, outlaw, smuggler and bounty hunter made it to this planet at least once. If you weren't any of the above, then you did your best to lay low and keep to yourself. Which is exactly what Riley was doing as she made her way down the street. A ratty dark brown cloak was draped over her armor to hide it away. The hood obscured her face, leaving only the glow of her green iris's visible. In her hand was a half empty bottle of Corellian whiskey. The trick to staying out of sight was pretending to be someone no one would even bother to mess with.

Speaking of staying out of trouble. Just ahead of her was a lad about her age standing off with five thugs. Five blasters to the man's one.....unlit lightsaber? The sight was a curious one indeed, and one that was going to end poorly for one. As much as she told herself to just pass on by, it was just another day around here, her gut just couldn't let the man be shot in the street.

Apparently she wasn't the only one, as a green skinned female Twi'lek stepped in and dispatched one of the assailants. Well, now was as good a time as any to step in to help. Keeping at a steady walk, she entered the alleyway directly towards the thugs. Luckily they had started to turn to face the Twi'lek after she dispatched the first one.

Taking her whiskey bottle, she brought it down on the first mans head. As he dropped, the second one turned in surprise. He swung his blaster around, only to have his wrist caught in Riley's powerful cybernetic grip. The thug fired a few shots that soared harmlessly over Riley's head. With a powerful right fist, Riley delivered a punch that knocked the man out cold.

[member="Bentil Mortop"] [member="Wrenarias"]

You know how you have those days, where you know exactly what your gonna do, how your day is gonna go, and then life wacks you right in the face and says ha! You thought! That's how Bentil's day was going, he was pulled behind a crate and jumped a bit when blaster fire hit the crate.

"Thanks" he said to the girl right next to him, Right next to him, she's kinda cute...no! Problem first, girl later Bentil thought aand poked his head ever so slightly out to see wherwhere the thugs were but scrambled back behind and right into[member="Riley Reese"] and said "sorry!"

Guess i should do something helpful. Bentil thought popped out but before the thugs could fire he used the force to slaslam there cover into them, knocking them out. "Thanks for the help girls" he said "Bentil Mortop, at your service"

What Bentil didn't notice was another thug with his gun trained on Bentil right across the street, ready fire

Tag [member="Wrenarias"]

Riley set a hand on Bentil's shoulder when he backed into her. "Easy there." She didn't need him stumbling out into enemy fire.

What he did next both surprised her and confirmed her suspicions. With the aid of the force, he pushed the thugs cover straight into them knocking them out. When she had seen the unlit lightsaber earlier, she wasn't sure if he was a force user or just a scavenger that happened upon a broken one.

[member="Bentil Mortop"] was who he introduced himself as. Riley was about to introduce herself, until she saw it. Across the road was another thug with his sights aimed at Bentil. Just as the thug fired, Riley shoved Bentil out of the way with her left hand. The blaster bolt grazed her left forearm, leaving a deep burn and damaging some of the cybernetics. Luckily she didn't have any true feelings in that part of her arm.

Her right hand drew her heavy blaster in a heartbeat and fired. The bolt struck the thug right square in the chest, dropping him on the spot. Riley holstered her blaster and glanced down at her arm, and then to Bentil. "Riley."

[member="Wrenarias"]

The twi'lek clicked her tongue and shook her head once the fighting was over. With a quick press of the button, the hilt she carried retracted back into itself, allowing her to tuck the smaller cylinder away into a hidden pocket inside her jacket. Her facial features were still largely hidden away behind the scarf she had wrapped around the bottom half of her face. While the two younger individuals were introducing themselves, Wrenarias walked around each of the downed thugs, plucking any credits they might have been carrying on them and tucked them away.

Credits were credits, and she needed as many as she could get her hands on.

"You know, kid, if you don't want to have every bounty hunter, sith inquisitor, and stars know what else chasing after you... you may want to consider not brandishing that weapon, or the other thing that you just did." She said casually, straightening up from the last unconscious thug.

She nodded towards Riley's arm, gesturing vaguely at the woman. "You hurt?"

----

[member="Riley Reese"]
[member="Bentil Mortop"]

Bentil nearly fell over when [member="Riley Reese"] pushed him out of the way i should seen that one coming, i really need to focus he thought and looked at the girls arm and said "whoa you ok-" but stopped short when he saw that she wasn't fazed at all even though a blaster bolt just grazed her "are you one of those people that go punching trees so you never feel anything?" Bentil asked and said to [member="Wrenarias"] "eh, blessing and a curse"

Riley turned her attention to [member="Wrenarias"] when she asked if she was hurt. She held her arm up for a closer inspection. The top layer of synthetic skin had been seared off, revealing a dark metal underneath. Several wires closer to the surface had been damaged from the blaster bolts heat, leaving her unable to move several fingers. "My arm had received damage, yes. Thankfully it only damaged my prosthetic arm and not the real one." She turned to [member="Bentil Mortop"] and answered his question about punching trees. "So no, I don't punch trees. I just have a lot of prosthetics and cybernetics to take the damage."

The Twi'lek woman did point out something very true about the situation. "She's right. Being a force user is a dangerous thing out here. Especially if you go around waving a lightsaber about." Riley pulled back her hood for the two of them to see her face. Her black and green cybernetic eyes took in the pair for a moment. "I suggest we get out of here incase more of their friends show up. Or worse."

"If you promise not to make a scene, I have a place we can go." The twi'lek said, gesturing for the pair to follow her with a wave of her hand.

"I can try to mend that arm of yours too, while we're at it. Looks like some of the connectors were fried when you took that shot." She added, nodding towards Riley's injured limb.

It was clear that the young man was at least out of his depth, and he'd likely just painted a massive target on the back of his head. The workshop she was renting would function as a decent enough place for them to lay low for a few hours while things died down; and she'd have access to the tools she'd need to fix the girl's damaged prosthetic.

"Unless... one of you has a better idea." She asked, glancing between them.

[member="Riley Reese"]
[member="Bentil Mortop"]

"prosthetic? Cool! Does it use batteries? Is it true if you put a kyber crystal in it would super charge it? What about feeling? Do you not know if someone taps you?" Bentil suddenly stopped realizing he was rambling "sorry" he said sheepishly to [member="Riley Reese"] then said to [member="Wrenarias"] "lead the way, honestly don't have a place to stay right now anyway"

Riley looked [member="Wrenarias"] up and down for a moment, trying to get a good read from the woman when she offered to patch up her arm. There seemed to be no ill intent from the woman. "Thank you. The help would be much appreciated."

Her attention turned back to [member="Bentil Mortop"] when he started asking questions. "They run off electrical ccharges and heat generated by my body. I can feel just as much as a regular arm. Although I can turn pain receptors off. As for the Khyber crystal.....I..don't think so. My cybernetics can't link with such things."

While the other two were discussing the functionality of Riley's cybernetics, Wrenarias turned to guide them out of the alley, slowly making her way to the workshop she'd rented for the past few weeks. It wasn't anything too special. A simple sandstone hut with most of the living and work space partially buried underground to help with insulation. The tools scattered about the place came with the rented space, many of them in less than ideal repair. It bothered Wrenarias, but it was all she could afford for the time being.

Someday, she told herself, someday she'd be able to buy her own place and stock it with proper equipment.

Once inside, she tugged the scarf down from her face and gestured with her other hand around the shop. "It isn't much, but it's out of the suns. There's water in the container in that back corner."

Bentil looked around the place, it's tools weren't the best but he figured they worked well enough. "Thanks, what kinda work do you do here? I used to work at a shipyard, building designing, and repairing ships, haven't worked since i got here, although i did get a offer to use a business's asset's to start up my own, unfortunately i don't really have anyone to start it up with, not to good at the whole corporate stuff, nope, just a mechanic" he then realized he'd been rambling and said "sorry bout that, mind just wanders and my mouth follows"

Tags: @Wrenarias @Riley Reese

Riley followed [member="Wrenarias"] as she lead the trio to her workshop. All the while keeping her eyes open for any danger. Luckily, the thugs friends didn't appear to show up quick enough to see where they went.

Wrenarias's workshop was a modest one. A bit small with a lot of well used equipment, but it seemed to work well. Riley took several steps around the room as she studied all that was in there. Not the most sophisticated shop in the world, but it suited her liking just fine. She turned her cybernetic eyes to the Twi'lek and gave a small nod. "Thank you."

Her gaze fell on Bentil as he rambled on. The man seemed to like to think a lot, even when those thoughts poured out of his mouth. She gave a small grin at his apology. He was a lot better then she was at expressing what was on his mind.

[member="Bentil Mortop"]

The twi'lek offered a warm smile in return, shaking her head to show that the boy's rambling wasn't a problem. He was a bit talkative, sure, but he wasn't saying anything rude or offensive. Probably just an awkward kid that was excited to be somewhere new, she thought.

"I mostly fix droids and cybernetics. Most of the circuitry is similar, after all. And there's no need to apologize, take a look around if you want." She offered while she pulled the covering from her left lek. It was a simple design, intended to keep sand out of the intricately layered 'scales' of the prosthetic.

Her lavender eyes turned to Riley as the younger woman spoke. "Don't mention it. If you need a spanner to touch up that blaster shot, there's one over on the tool bench."

[member="Riley Reese"]
[member="Bentil Mortop"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom