Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this is a Contruum [GR and RA]

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
As a member of the Rebel Alliance and Republic Oddball wasn't much of a shot caller in the republic, he was just a soldier for them. However in the Rebel Alliance he was the benefactors right hand man and had access to a lot of the resources that the Rebel Alliance had available. With the war with the sith intensifying Oddball decided that it was maybe time to actually do something, so far the republic had been content to just sit back and watch world after world fall. There had been rumors and whispers about the sith's next target and Contruum seemed like it was going to be the Sith's next target. What with it having a strategic hold on the outside of the core worlds, shipyards, booming economy, just the entire placed reeked of ATTACK ME. So it was time to go to work.

"Be sure to fire a message over to the benefactor, let her know we'll be building." Oddball said as his ship touched down on the planet's capital city.

"Let's get a few maps up, then we can pin point strategic locations to place the generators. Make sure republic personnel are aware and notified." Oddball quickly began to walk down the opening ramp of his ship and on to the concrete of the cities outskirts.

"Today people lets go, there's a storm brewing move with s purpose." He said as he snapped his fingers loudly, his men quickly scrambling.

Oddball

With a few maps and data pads being placed on a fold out table in front of Oddball he leaned over the table and put a pencil in his mouth to look over the layout of the city. It was pretty big, almost as big as the capital of Corellia before it got got. So this was going to take a few heavy duty shield generators to get this puppy nice and covered and ready for any bombardment or drop pods. Keeping the sith out of the city in case of a potential invasion was key, and in order to do that you needed both particle and ray shields.

"Jenkins, you see this park?" He said taking his pencil and taping at the map.

"Yeah, seems like a good place to set up." The man said in return.

Taking his pencil oddball circled the first park at the center of the city, after that he began to scan the area for more such open areas. Finding a few more on his data pad through a holoweb search he marked them on his worker's HUDs and sketched it down on his map.

"Three locations, six generators. Make sure you set them up quickly. I want to make sure this place is defended, it's a key world to leading into the core worlds. So let's make sure these people are safe." He said with a determined look as he rolled up his map.

Oddball

"Roger that Oddball" Jenkins said with a little salute.

Oddball moved back to his freighter and moved his hand in a round up hand sign. Entering the ship with its cargo of precious shield generators Oddball sat back as the ship moved towards the Central Park of the capital city. That's where the main generators would go. The smaller more auxiliary generators would go in the smaller parks where they would be able to support the main one and back it up if it went down due to shelling. That's what happened on geonosis from those Mythosuars and he wanted to make sure that did not happen again.

"Take off boys!" The ship rumbled and quickly took off.

As the ship hovered in the air the clone sat back and waited for his buddy that he had brought along to show up. Really she was probably going to complain but he needed her help in establishing air defenses and bases for this city.

There were certain assignments where it seemed nothing short of redundant to have one not physically sighted on the job, many of them involving those of the piloting sort which Juwiela undoubtedly succeeded at. Then there were those that actually required one to have eyes in order to excel at in any manner, in which her being placed was entirely pointless. This was one of those, and from the moment they had departed the base to when they landed on Contruum she was left wondering just why her presence had been requested. After all, she was unable to perceive any of the holographic or written information about this little project, making her useless for any extra opinion or assistance.

But [member="Oddball"] had wanted her here, and so she had come, spending most of the trip either catching up on her sleep or waiting for them to arrive. Once the group amassed on the ship and they took off for a second time she meandered her way to the front, falling back into one of the empty chairs and studying the present company for a moment before looking to the only one she couldn't see of the party. ​"Care to enlighten me as to the logic of bringing the blind one along this time, Empty?" It was a strange sort of friendship they shared, one comprised of half-serious insults and jibes at the others talents that meant nothing at the end of the day. "I hope you've realized by now that I can't see any of the maps or holograms. Or you, for that matter."

Oddball

[member="Juwiela Melec"]

"Good morning to you too Jewel, really love the enthusiasm this time around." Oddball said as he lifted his middle finger up to her face.

"Hey, hey jewel. Guess what I'm doing right now?" He said with a little chuckle before setting the bird down.

The cargo freighter rumbled a bit then touched down at Central Park, pancaking a couple of old trees in the process. They could bill oddball for that one. But if the one sith did end up invading and they did end up taking this planet. They would have to deal with the loss of those trees, an ugly eyesore that would need tax dollars to replace. Every little victory counted after all.

"I'll tell you why we're here when we get out." The ships exit door opened up and the ramp extended downwards towards the ground to let them exit the large freighter.

Bellow them the cargo bay opened up and teams with the shield generator component began to exit to start the job of setting up the life saving machines. Oddball looking back to Jewel smiled knowing she couldn't see and simply waited for the two of them to partner up to make their way down the ramp, he needed her opinion of things after all. He wasn't a pilot of her caliber.

"Do I need to hold your hand down the ramp or will you be ok?" He said jokingly.

"Yeah, you can go kark yourself too." Had it been possible in that moment Juwiela would have rolled her eyes, but she settled for that simple phrase and a half-smile instead. He could continue with the comments all he wanted, and she had heard just about every joke in the book regarding her proverbial sightlessness. There was nothing he could say that wasn't at least partially familiar. "Your subtlety needs work, and besides, it's mid-afternoon or around that by now. And yet they call me the blind one around here." Two could play at this game, and she wouldn't lose.

The moment the ship landed she was on her feet, ready to get out into the open air. It was rare for her to either not be confined to this or that base or otherwise in the cockpit. To actually be in nature in some sense was a rarity, and she would take advantage of it wherever she could. She knew full well any objections to her state of being able to see would only fall on deaf ears, so she settled for walking past him and bumping into his shoulder none-too-gently on her way down the ramp and out of the ship. "Sorry, didn't see you there."

A slight smile found her lips once she was outside, and she took a second to appreciate the novelty of that before putting any work into analyzing her surroundings. This was the opposite of her usual territory on any given day, but sometimes a change of scenery was necessary. That is, if it made any sort of logical sense. And this one didn't so far.

"You're in the wrong place if you want to bring up air defenses. But I can give you a few pointers. Anything I wouldn't want myself or the Rogues to fly through is generally fair game." That included all number of AA artillery, any sort of ion cannons, and any shielding that made it impossible for bombs or other explosive bombardment to contact with its target. "So get on with the explanation, then. When the Sith invade I want to be up in the air killing them, not down here still trying to figure out what street corner the next shield generator should be on."

[member="Oddball"]

Down two billion in bunch of guns and shielding....things I do for allies"the said in her freighter that slowly approached the planet, she sat back looking at it grow larger every minute, getting on the comm she spoke in"this is stardust to republic flight control permission to land

She'd wait tile she got a response before landing

[member="Oddball"] [member="Juwiela Melec"]

Oddball

[member="stardust"] [member="Juwiela Melec"]

Oddball was pushed a little off balance hoping on a single foot before regaining balance on the ramp, if he had fallen it would of been a broken arm or worse. Thankfully he was just a well balanced person, commando training did the body good. With a half smile on his face he stood next to Jewel and started to listen to what she had to say to him. It was helpful and insightful, things he honestly didn't know. And the more you knew the more lives you could say.

"I'm assuming you can see a good majority of the sky scrapers around us? Should we set up AA defenses on the taller buildings as well? Point defense cannons will need to be everywhere if the shields fall. I don't know how sith formations look like so I'm not sure how to position them for optimal kill counts." Oddball said to his friend as the teams began to move the prefabricated generators towards the the park's heart along with a power generator that wouldn't need to run off the cities grid.

"Hey Colonel! Planetary comms are picking up Star requesting to land." his assistant said.

"Transmit her shuttle a rebel IFF and let her land here! She's expected, I sent her on a run to the Onderon armory for some weapons!" he shouted back.

Production of the generator was going swimmingly so far and news was coming in on his data pad that both teams in bravo and Charlie were setting up as well.

A single nod of the head was her only response as Juwiela considered the buildings around them and just what impact they would have on an attack squadron attempting to finalize a bombing run or similar strafe. "Formations don't mean anything, at least not when it comes to AA guns. The only reason you'd want to watch that is to see if they're going to break off and come at you from six different angles." On the ground she surmised that wouldn't be much of a problem. All they had to worry about was landing a hit and taking the enemy craft out of the sky. The rest was her job.

The corners of her mouth tightened slightly in thought, and she rocked back and forth on her heels. "I'd put a few AA guns on the taller buildings, just because they'll be flying high to avoid them once they catch on. Otherwise I'd focus them around what the big targets are going to be. Military bases and the like. Anything you'd have the Rogues destroy if this was the enemy I'd pay careful attention to. They might be Sith, but they aren't that stupid, unfortunately." Not the one she had encountered, at least. But their numbers weren't large, from what she had seen, so hopefully they wouldn't have much to worry about.

"If you can I'd see about finding some ion weaponry as well. Those are hell to fly through, especially if your ship doesn't have failsafes put in place. Anything to scramble their systems and make shooting at us more difficult. The Rogues can do the heavy lifting, but anything to make the job easier would be nice." Piloting was far from a cut and dry job, and as such defending against it wasn't as simple as it might have been for infantry troops. There were an endless amount of tactics to employ when you had the entire airspace to maneuver with no restrictions.

"Just don't hit any of the good guys and we'll be fine."

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

[member="Juwiela Melec"]

"Well then alrighty then Jewel, I'll have my boys set up some stuff there." Oddball said with a little chuckle nudging his friend on her shoulder.

"I guess you aren't completely useless." Oddball chuckled again and looked to his men.

They were building with a passion, with the power base set up for the generator to ground it the others started to set up the power generator which also had to be properly grounded. You didn't want a improperly grounded generator, that's how you got people killed. So as they toiled around on grounding the generators Oddball looked over to Jewel for a moment and realized something. Outside of that bulky orange I'm clearly a lesbian jumpsuit she was hot as crap. He had never noticed that before until now. So hoping on his data pad an idea came to him. Scrolling through the holo web he seemed focused on something, looking for the perfect place to go. A place that was accessible to her kind and really finding a joint ran by blind force seeing people was hard to do on this planet. But after all his toiling, he found it.

"Hey blind one, want to go get a bite to eat after this. Maybe a drink?" Oddball said trying to not make it sound too much like a date.

After all it was the end of days for the republic, might as well mix business and pleasure.

She smiled as landing codes came in"alright I'm landing near the other freighters"she said as she hit multiple buttons and slowly started down into the planet as the ground came into view

Psshhh star proceed to landing area 5a repeat area five a "the coordinator commed in

Roger proceeding to landing area have [member="Oddball"] meet me at the landing area" she said as she slowed down and landed the friegther getting up and putting the ramp down walking past rows and rows of crates filled with weapons shields and many other things

[member="Juwiela Melec"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom