Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Well of All Souls

Alisteri rattled off a list of factions that would try to kill and/or abuse the boy, before concluding that one of them would have to take him in. Ishani glanced at Alisteri, in all his masked, black-wearing, red lightsaber-wielding glory, and made a face at the thought of him being responsible for the wellbeing of a child. Even a centuries-old Sith child.

"I'll take him," she blurted. "I, uh, already have a couple kids, so it's not like I'm inexperienced. Always wanted a big family anyway."

"Don't I get a say in all this?" Max complained. "I'm seven hundred and forty two years old, you know. A lot older than the both of you combined."

Ishani shrugged. "Well, where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. It's not like I can just go home to my family," the boy replied with a scowl.

"How did you wind up in that oubliette, anyway?"

"To keep me safe when my palace was stormed by soldiers. My mother lied and said I had died so they would let me leave unharmed. But they must've taken it too literally, and buried me in that tomb."

"With a big scary tendril monster that called itself Death," Ishani murmured.

"Of course. Every Emperor should be buried with one of those."

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He did his best not to appear as insulted as he felt when she looked him over and almost immediately blurted out her own reasons for keeping the boy. Not that he didn't believe her a competent caretaker or anything of that sort, but he did notice the face she gave. It nearly made him scoff.

Max did raise a good point about choosing his own place to go though. "You know, I don't think age counts if you've slept during all of those years, but whatever." Alisteri noted with a small shrug. "Where did you even get a mons-actually I don't think I want to know." Anything from Sithspawn to a strange alien creature went through his mind, and he didn't care too much for the actual answer.

Not that it mattered now anyway.

Regardless there was still an important matter to settle. And a difficult one at that. "It is only right that you get your pick of where to stay though. You look old enough to make proper decisions, you were made an emperor after all I suppose. So what's your price kid?" He crossed his arms and gestured for Max to speak.

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Now this was an interesting, if alarmingly muddled, predicament. Could a seven year old decide where he should live and how he should be brought up? Was Max mentally and emotionally really seven, or seven hundred? Based on his behavior, Ishani concluded he was still emotionally immature, if nothing else. Besides that, he had been raised to believe he was destined for something greater, born into privilege, the heir to the throne. These delusions of grandeur had likely been squashed somewhat by his unexpected change in circumstances, but she doubted he would give them up entirely so easily.

"I still want to be the Emperor," Max said, resting his hands on his hips. "All those hours spent with the tutor shouldn't go to waste."

"The Emperor of what?" Ishani asked. "Kesh is still rebuilding after it was destroyed by the Bryn'adul. You have barely any subjects to rule over. Come up with something else to be when you grow up."

"What's the Bryn'adul?"

"A species of cloned crustaceans that swept across this section of the galaxy, before abruptly and unceremoniously collapsing after their leader vanished like a hot fart."

That at least roused a giggle from the boy. "Did they really kill everyone?"

"Everyone who didn't leave first." She sighed. "I feel like there should be some sort of vetting process for this. Like he should meet his prospective new parents, spend a few days with them, see how he likes it..."

"So why should I come and live with you?" Max demanded, pointing up at Ishani.

"Well, I'm an alchemist, and I already have a little boy and girl a few years... quite a few years younger than you. And if my boyfriend decides to get involved, he's an alchemist too. Neither he nor I have much ambition, so you'd probably never be Emperor. But you would be safe and loved."

"You don't even sound like Sith," Max muttered, wrinkling his nose.

"We were, once. But it's not about power for us. We just want to be free to do as we please." She'd stopped calling herself a Sith as of late. In fact, she didn't define herself as anything now. Only as a healer and alchemist.

Turning to Alisteri, Max asked, "What about you? Why should I come live with one of your families?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He nearly facepalmed at Max's continued desire to be emperor, letting out a small sigh and shaking his head. To some extent he supposed he could see the rationale, the boy had probably been told that he would reign throughout his whole life until he was entombed in the oubliette. Unfortunately there was a long line of people awaiting their own Imperial ambitions to be fulfilled.

And a lot of them hated sharing power from what he had heard.

The little lesson on the Bryn'adul was amusing to listen to, as Max apparently agreed, even if it was a bit of an understatement. Alisteri had never had the displeasure of meeting one of the infamous Bryn'adul before, but he had seen enough of their work to know what they could do. Scattered and leaderless as they were meant that the people of Kesh and other such worlds could rebuild thankfully. But that would all take time.

"I could arrange for more than one meeting I suppose, but it will take some time to find a safe place to meet." Parking the Altorius on some planet or station just to visit with a child seemed a bit overkill even to him. Soon enough it came his turn to make his pitch for the boy, and he was ready.

"All of my families are devout Sith. Mind you we follow a more practical doctrine than most, a bit more inclusive as well, but we still maintain true to the Sith Code." He paused, glancing at Ishani for a moment as if he was hesitating to say something. "We are in a...difficult situation however. There is no room nor ability for grand power plays or infighting in our way of life. So I'm afraid your ambitions may go unfulfilled, at least for awhile."

Alisteri crossed his arms behind his back and attempted to appear somewhat official. "And I am the undisputed leader of these families, so don't expect to somehow gain power if you decide to join us. But much like her, my families are welcoming and know strife and loss. You will be well taken care of and there are other children around your age, some of which have been Sith since their birth."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Sounds good," Max said, nodding his head at Alisteri. "I'll go with you."

Ishani sighed. She was half disappointed, half relieved with his choice. "That settles it, then," she muttered, shrugging her shoulders. Turning to Alisteri, she added, "I guess this marks the end of our little partnership. I can see why Arcturus considers you a friend."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
For a brief moment a smug smirk crossed the masked man's face, but it was quickly replaced by a far more humble one as he nodded. Alisteri could tell that Max would have an...adjustment period for sure whenever they got back to the Altorius, but he was confident in his people. They knew how to handle difficult situations by now.

He raised his head slightly as Ishani spoke, a small tilt of his head signaling confusion. "You know I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult. Either way, it was a pleasure to work with you Miss Ishani. If I see Arcturus anytime soon I'll let him know you're alright."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"You know I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult."

"It's definitely a compliment," Ishani replied, snorting a little. "If Arcturus likes you, it means you're worth knowing."

Well, usually. The one exception was Kal Kal of Masque, although their dislike of one another was rooted in a misunderstanding. Now that she thought about it, she should probably find the Shadow and try to make peace...

"Right, I probably would've died in there without your help, so thank you." She held out a hand for Alisteri to shake. "Good luck and health to you, Mr. Hasim—Haxim, sorry."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He seemed surprised by the remark at first, as if he had expected something else, but he gave a little bow of his head in response. "Fair enough, and to you as well." Alisteri didn't hesitate to accept the handshake and chuckle at the slight slipup on her part. "I may not have made it out myself without your help. I wish luck and health upon you and your family, may the Force be with you."

Then he turned to look down at Max, idly offering him a hand to guide him. He doubted it would be accepted but still. "Now Maximillian, I believe it's about time to take our leave. We have a long flight ahead, say goodbye to Ms. Ishani. For now."

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Farewell." Alisteri silently regretted his distant parking now, given that he wouldn't be making the trek back to his shuttle alone. He supposed he could always carry Max as well but a little bit of walking would probably do the boy good. He tossed one last glance over his shoulder at Ishani as they went their separate ways before turning back ahead. "So tell me Max, what was your empire-to-be like?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom