Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll meet again (Safiriel Bane)

Mara observed every motion of the graceful meditative form, etching the movements into her brain before copying them herself. Although she rarely used martial forms in her meditation, the elegance of the movements made it more effective than Mara would have expected and soon she felt her consciousness dip as she focused on the form and nothing else. It was strangely peaceful.

After a long while she resurfaced, feeling somehow more awake and more alert. Making a mental note to use the form regularly when possible, she turned to face her new master again.

"Thank you for showing me this," she said, "the form was very...helpful."

[member="Safiriel Bane"]

[member="Mara Sedaya"]

She offered her young apprentice a gentle smile.

"You are, of course, very welcome. It is my duty now to teach you all that I might, and you needn't thank me. It is more than enough thanks if you continue to use and spread that which I have taught you. The reason I prefer more martial forms of meditation, is that I find clarity in purpose. When one's line is devoted to some form of task...such as realization of self, the discovery of knowledge....It can be of great benefit to reinforce it through action rather than thought"

She considered her own words for a moment. Perhaps she was being a bit too metaphorical, and couldn't help but laugh at her self.

"I'm sorry my dear, what I really mean to say is....I simply enjoy actively doing something, rather than sitting still"

Mara nodded, her mind instantly reaching to try and analyse the metaphorical teachings of her new Master in the way that she so enjoyed.

"I certainly agree with you on that count," she said with one of her rare smiles. "Even meditation, done in any proper form, is a process requiring focus and willpower, but sitting doing nothing I can't stand." Consequently, she thought to herself with amusement, she was extremely in tune with herself due to very frequent meditation - although if she was to become a Master, that was likely to be very important. All in good time.

[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom