Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Well it ain't no T-16 skyhopper

Location: Nirauan - Aboard The Reprisal-Class Star Destroyer Exile
Objective: Awaiting Bright8 Bright8
Equipment and Gear: NIO Officers uniform

Doon was sitting in her new office, particularly smug; She had wanted a Star Destroyed of her own, but this most recent acquisition was something to be proud of. With the Exile she had inherited a legacy only six others in the galaxy could claim to be a part of. Though it came with stipulations, she maintained her place in the hierarchy, albeit there would likely be questions about what strings she had to pull to score such a Command Station. Across her desk, their were various images, and countless messages. There was a plethora of targets for the taking, she only had to pick one. She prioritized any that involved the Sith, having a personal strife with them; something that would never die...

This new position certainly had its quirks, and bonuses; but something in her couldn't leave well enough alone. So when she accepted, she only had one request; she got to bring along one of her own people. Though she barely knew anything about the other woman, in their discourse she learned one thing that stuck out the most. The woman didn't cave in. Doon knew she was a big, imposing woman, and used that against friend and foe mercilessly; but when she had tried Rites, she stood her ground. Doon wanted that on her side; no surprise then, that as soon as Rites got to her room on leave, there were orders waiting for her to report to the docking bay where the Exile currently sat, the entire ship was in the process of being restocked, Doon's being there only a formality.

Plus, she wanted to show Rites her new station, should she accept. She knew she might have tortured her a little bit... Well, a lot; but it was for good reason. She wanted Rites to be better than her. To be someone in the NIO. Why? She didn't have a clear reason on that yet. For now however, she would test her temperature. If she could keep that same cool demeanor under pressure then the Vice-Admiral may have changed her life very soon. It would all depend. Opening Rites file again, she scrolled through some information, waiting for her to arrive.

Objective: Met with VADM Tarsa Doon VADM Tarsa Doon

This was probably the biggest rank jump in galactic history, but history was never Mirinda's strong point. Honestly, she was still getting a feel for the design of the new ship, given the schematics she had pulled up on her datapad. It was an impressive ship, she couldn't deny that, but trying to get the power optimized and divided during a damage control drill, or force forbid, and emergency power surge? She had her work cut out for her. Already, she was thinking of protocols and system tricks she might be able to pull to get the most bang for her chit, but then again, given her CO it probably wouldn't fly given it was a breach in safety protocol.

She paused a the indicator of herself blinked as she arrived at the office of the Vice Admiral, knowing that she was bound to have the woman wring her out for something trivial. She sighed, powering down the datapad and connecting it to her belt. She straightened the buttons on her uniform, straightened her hair, and put on her professional face; making sure her pheromones were not currently drifting about as well.

Gathering herself, she opened the door, and stepped inside, snapping to attention and fired off a salute; just as she had practiced so many times. "Reporting as ordered ma'am." She started, standing rigid as the door hissed shut behind her, the Zeltron waiting until she was put at ease to make a move.

She was swiping through that file when the door open, causing her to swipe it into a trash folder. "At ease, Rites,,," Doon said immediately, noting the outfit she was wearing. "I take it by you dress, you've accepted the offer then? This is a trial run, so don't get comfortable. You're Chief Warrant Officer; until you Feth something up, which by my calculations will be soon enough... You have proved me wrong before though" The Admiral said, getting up and whisking around her table to the other; whom she casually loomed over in height. "Also you don't have a damn choice but to be perfect... My current XO is a baby-sitter, do you understand? I don't like being baby-sit. So you're on this ships cabinet until I can formally make you XO. You accept this position, you'll be taken care of handsomely when you retire."

She would say plainly, moving to look through the Glasteel viewport. Smirking at how high up they were above the port.

"We sail out in a week, a simple run around the system; testing systems and weapons; this beast has been collecting dust for quite some time; I need my best workers, and someone I can personally trust... Not that I trust you, but... You have a spine. I appreciate that."

She would continue, folding her arms across her chest. Realizing she was talking at the other, and not to her, but not giving a damn. It came with their positions.

"Also, when you get a free moment; perhaps you could explain to me why you don't seem to have a childhood on Zeltros?"

She let that question stew, turning to her and allowing her arms to move front her front, to crossed at the small of her back; brown pony tail still resting on her shoulder as she moved to loom over the other again.

Bright8 Bright8

Objective: Met with VADM Tarsa Doon VADM Tarsa Doon

Her eyebrows raised in curiosity, going to ease as she was expected to be ranted to while in discomfort.

She wasn't wrong, the admiral went right into drilling her, and she merely stood there, listening; knowing it was better than to speak unless prompted to. The admiral dwarfed her, being that the woman was over six feet tall, and Mirinda was hardly taller than five feet. She remained standing, pondering what made the woman such a stick in the mud, and why she had to be such a hard ass. Frankly, Mirinda didn't get it. Life was too short for that outlook.

She did appreciate being told she had a spine, not many people appreciated that in a Zeltron now a days. She let her mind wander, wondering what her new quarters would look like. When Tarsa called upon her, it damn near scared her to death. A childhood on Zeltros? Her?

Oh slag. Right. What was her reason again? "Lived off the gird ma'am. Mother was a rather bad dancer, didn't make a whole lot growing up. Alot of the medical records came from whatever drug peddler that my mother could flag down for false credentials." It was partly true, but even as bad as her mom did, most of the records she had were...fixed for obvious reasons. She found the admiral snapping back towards her, that gaze looking to break her spine in two it felt like. Mirinda dared to do the unthinkable, giving a small smile to the woman in question. "Part of the reason I signed up to service, ma'am."

Staring down at the Zeltron, she got that urge to nitpick or generally find something to chew her out about, something about her non-chalant attitude just really got on Doon's nerves. Whereas the shorter woman wondered the the larger was so uptight, the larger couldn't fathom why the smaller seemed so... Uncaring, at times. She was smart enough to never make it outright, always those sly smirks, and smiles. Her little additions on her sentences. In any case... As usual she had no reason to actuallly do anything to Rites, even though sometimes she wanted too. She would be able to take her along, and make sure she kept the Zeltron woman in shape however. As long as she served in the New Imperial Order, she wouldn't graze by with minimal work, that wouldn't be the case...

A light chuckle left her at the explanation, turning her back and moving to sit back down.
"I know you just got back on your last deployment, so feel free to go live it up... I'll expect you... One week from today, I'll have the person you're replacing get you trained up for the position; and I really have to ask one last time... This ship is massive, do you think you can coordinate keeping all of this running. You won't have to do it all yourself, but as a C-W-O, you'll be in charge of ordering around dozens of people to make sure that gets done, not to mention compiling reports on it for me... Daily. Can you do that?"

Doon would ask her one final time, before closing their conversation.

Bright8 Bright8

Mirinda looked on, having to resist the temptation to nod. She had to figure the admiral was happy at some point in her life, no one could be that miserable forever. Oh, maybe the admiral had a crush on her. Yea, that's why she was so stressed all the time. A small grin crept across the woman's face, something she didn't even realize she was doing.

Hell, if she had a quarter of what the admiral made she could afford to pay off her mom's medical bills for the last five months. How much did the lad make anyways? Surely she had to have something keeping her coming in, other than the duty of serving the Empire. Right? She came back into reality half way through the admirals speech, and had no idea what she was on about. Bla blah blah, orders orders orders, expectations expectations. She knew the best response for this sorts thing; buckle down and smile. A bit of a curve ball presented itself however, as she asked if she had made herself clear. Feth, she totally missed the mission statement.

"Yes ma'am." She had no idea what she was agreeing. She stood there for a moment, waiting, hoping there would be something she could do like....you know...leave.

VADM Tarsa Doon VADM Tarsa Doon

She had glanced up then and squinted at the other, noting she was grinning; at something... That was it, the specific reason she tended to have a stroke of hatred when dealing with the other; Now what in the hell did she find so amusing that she was grinning in her face about? She didn't even want to know the answer. "Good... Don't Feth me on this Rites, and I'll look out for you" she mumbled, pulling out some reading glasses, and pulling up some information on her computer; she slide the glasses over her nose and leaned back in the comfortable chair; looking back at Mirinda as she was lingering around waiting to be dismissed.

"Dismissed.... One week Officer; better do whatever it is you people do within that time... And if you get here late, I swear..." She simply exhaled then, glaring in her direction through those glasses, pressing a button on her desk to let the sliding door snap shut.

"Ungrateful Chit..." she mumbled to herself, getting the rest of her work done for the day. /last for me/

She was honestly relieved when she heard that order. She was free to go now? Great! Admiral Doon mumbled something angry sounding, which made the Zeltron thing she had been dismissed, yet the admiral never missed an opportunity to get her out of sight. Then she heard those fateful words, dismissed. She let a small breath escape her lips, her posture relaxing, as she began to depart, popping off one final salute, before disappearing behind the door. It was like when she broke out of jail the first and third time; not the second though, that was just a mess. She made her way to her work station, planning on drafting up near work shifts and needing to organize a tour of the weapon platforms.

Lovely, she had a date with the admiral in one week, and all about something she hadn't even been paying attention to. Something about babies she thought. Coordinating babies? No, people, right. She flipped out her datapad once more, dotting away at the device, and looking for something else she could tinker with in the ship layout.

Oddly enough, there was a way to command the collusion protocol via the command chair upstairs. Now that was interesting. Perhaps she could modify it for several other systems as well, that'd cheer the admiral up for sure; or get her a court marshal, she wasn't entirely sure.

VADM Tarsa Doon VADM Tarsa Doon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom