Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the G U I D E

The Galactic United Information Database Enclave [GUIDE] welcomes you.

Who are we?
At GUIDE we strive to build the galactic community through a web of information and understanding. We seek to break down the barriers of confusion, ignorance, misinformation, and utter cluelessness for the common galactic citizen in their journey through the stars. We take the trouble out of travel, the headache out of culture shock. We are the trail-blazers, the map-makers, the language translators, the stargazers, the leap-takers. We bring the galaxy to you while you take the yourself through the galaxy.

Remain calm. We are here to be your Guide.

What do we do?
The creation of The Guide is our top priority. Our people travel the stars and gather the information that's important to you to make your journey as enjoyable, efficient, and effective as possible. Through the collective efforts of our Scouts, Starnauts, Pathfinders, Scholars, and Scribes we bring to you, our subscribers, the very latest information on mapped star systems such a local governmental powers, influential companies and organizations, important locations, system maps, cultural etiquette, and much more.

How can you get this information?
Simple! Your subscription to The Guide will give you access to our application which can be downloaded onto any datapad uplinked to the holonet.

That's so cool, I want to subscribe! Tell me how!
Unfortunately The Guide is still under construction and while we are working tirelessly to complete The Guide and get our GUIDE Relay Beacon network set up at all key galactic sectors, our reach is limited to what our current resources can manage. Our expected launch date is several months away.

What? Several months? That's way too long. What can I do to help?
Thanks for asking, that's super awesome of you. There are several ways you can help.

1. Be a contributor. Are you a guru on your local planet and star system? The information you possess is vital to The Guide. Anyone can be a Contributor provided they have the legitimate sources to back up their material. IC Contributors are compensated for their time and information.

2. Become a full GUIDE member/employee. We have jobs for all types, take a look here.

3. Become an Investor/Sponsor. GUIDE would not exist without the generous donations and investments given by privateers, companies, and local governments. At GUIDE we love to give back to these people through advertisements and promotions of their chosen businesses and organizations. Help us help you expand your clientele reach.

What's next?
Oh, so many things! But let's not put the cart before the horse, eh? GUIDE has big plans, but first thing's first - the completion and launch of The Guide!

A letter from the GUIDE Founder.

Hey guys! So glad to have the helping hands of many close friends and members of CHAOS. For those of you who were not privvy to GUIDE from its inception - YES, it is an ode to Douglas Adams' great series The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I, personally, am a huge fan of Adams and all his literary works, but mostly I've always enjoyed the flavor and flair his creation has brought to his stories. I wanted to bring that same pot of creativity and fun to CHAOS while at the same time building something useful for the community as a whole.

GUIDE and The Guide are both an IC and OOC endeavor. What began as a fun story and project for Magda, ICly, to try and incorporate as many members into her goals as possible has evolved into a massive OOC project for myself. From an OOC perspective my goal is to turn GUIDE into what will amount to be the official Chaos WIKI and run in a similar nature as the Factory and Codex. I am seeking to use GUIDE as a repository of CHAOS canon information that all members both new and old can contribute to and use throughout their IC and OOC escapades.

The Guide will be the collective of all IC information and subjects submitted to the Factory and Codex. If you've made a location for a planet, it will be listed in here. If you are a leading figurehead of a system or a faction, it will be listed here. If it's not listed here and you have the information and resources to back it up, submit a new article! Our biggest goal is to catalogue every planet on the CHAOS map and every faction, business, and organization currently active on CHAOS.

What does this mean?

It means we have a lot of work to do!

If you feel you can contribute to GUIDE please feel free to post a hello in the discussion forum or send me a PM.

REMAIN CALM

The Galactic United Information Database Enclave coming soon to a star system near you!

Signed,
~Magda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom