Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the Dominion (JosephTaft~Drayke)

Zalderic walked into the hanger, prepared to greet the newest employee, Joseph Taft. He had been hired as an Interrogator and Scientist. A very queer man to say the least and his requests were anything but normal. He was on a shuttle being brought to a secret research facility in a classified location. The shuttle was being piloted by a trusted elite within the Air Force, and carried four armed guards, along with Taft.

Zalderic stood, waiting. He wore his usual dark robes, with his twin sabers on his belt. He had taken over the abandoned facility and restored it. It was now staffed with top scientists from all over. Taft would be located in a secluded part of the facility, off from the main base. Very few knew of his real job and it was best that it stayed that way. Some were against torture for some strange reason. Besides, some people might find screams of agony disturbing.

Zalderic looked out at the sky as the shuttle appeared over the horizon, he was finally here. Zalderic had made sure to gather some worthy test subjects and even had the man's first task prepared, one he would most likely enjoy.

@[member="Joseph Taft"]

Taft nervously fidgeted in his seat the past couple of hours, moving inches from one side to another, and making as many grunting noises as possibly, bumping shoulders with the men sitting on both of his sides, in a failed attempt to shake off the feeling of claustrophobia this whole arrangement was giving him. When he got picked up for the trip, he was told that he will spend the entire duration of the trip, including that to the ship, would be spent in the dark, that the location they were traveling to is, and should, remain a secret to any outsider. All things he would not raise any complaints about in normal circumstances, especially against four, relatively, heavily armed soldiers. Yet, for this people, that entire idea amounted to blindfolding him with a simple piece of cloth until they reached their destination.

"Is this damn thing really necessary?" He asked again grudgingly, scratching his unkempt beard with his left hand, while pushing his body into that of the man to his right. A quick and sharp "Yes." followed instantly from one of the persons to his side, irritation detectable in his voice, as two pair of voices from in front of him chuckled under their breath. "This ship doesn't even have any bloody windows lad." Taft said, bumping shoulders with the man on his left this time, as one of the chuckling voices corrected him and said that it indeed had windows. "I don't even know this damn place, it's not like I have a photogenic memory. It's going to be nigh-impossible to figure out how to get back here any time so - ..." He continued to push himself into the people to his sides, pointless trying to poke at their rib through their armor, managing in the end to bring one of the men to his boiling point.

"Will you stop that crap already?" The man to his right said, to which Taft turned his head towards him and answered in the most innocent tone he could muster.
"Whatever do you mean mate?"
"The crap you've been doing for the past hours, cut that out"
"The bumping you mean? Blame your pilot, he can't keep her steady." He said, pushing himself into the man once more mid-sentence.
"I swear I will smack you."
"Go ahead, I guarantee you I'll find it enjoyable. Not sure how you will feel about your paycheck cut tho'."

... The banter continued on for several minutes, insults beginning to be thrown around as the man threatened to hit him while Taft continued to aggravate him, while the others chuckled and whispered amongst themselves, enjoying the little show. He agreed to stop pestering them in the end, in exchange to get the piece of cloth removed from his eyes, only to see that the shuttle did not, in fact, had any windows in their section of the ship. He didn't expect to get them to stop trying to get a cheap laugh at his expense, he mostly pestered the two men next to him just to keep his mind focused on something and make time pass, he didn't expect them to finally agree to remove the cloth piece, nor did he expect his sense of claustrophobia to intensify as he noticed just how cramped the entire space was.

Several minutes later, the ship finally docked and he was allowed to get up, following the men down the ramp as he let his gaze wander around the scenery.

@[member="Zalderic Drayke"]

Zalderic watched with anticipation as the ship landed. As the boarding ramp lowered, two guards exited, one seeming rather unhappy. Taft followed, then two more guards. Zalderic immediately dismissed the guards, before turning his attention to Taft. Zalderic would need no security to keep him here, besides, this was a mutual agreement. He wasn't kidnapping him like the others. The flight, which had taken well over three hours, would normally only take a little bit more then one. But the Pilot had been instructed to delay things by simply flying about.

"Good day, Taft. I am Zalderic, your supervisor here. I trust your flight was alright? My apologies for the delay, the pilot was rather inexperienced." Zalderic said. "Assuming you are ready, I can show you to your lab and around the place."

Whenever Taft was ready, Zalderic would give him the full tour, showing him the mess hall and many scientific experimental areas to name a few. The experiments ranged from terraforming to breeding new creatures and many other things. They would finally arrive at the entrance to Taft's own lab.

@[member="Joseph Taft"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom