Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need to talk.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Jack leaned back behind the booth of his carefully selected location on Nar Shaada. He knew this place inside and out, and was in the process of buying the Cantina and setting up a small criminal empire within. After dropping away from the Mandalorians and the Free Colonies, he had hit a bad stretch, and decided to go back to doing what he did best.

Crime.

But that wasn't why he was here. Oh no he'd heard rumours among the underworld that were troubling. Old Man Rekalis relatives had put a hit out on Gray. Clan was going against clan, and these Mandalorian Empire folks were stirring up all kinds of shit.

Shit he wanted to mitigate. Which is why Gray had received a notification several weeks prior.

"Gray how are you? It's your cousin Jackie boy checkin' up on ya. Come to Nar Shaada, we need to talk. This isn't a fun trip, it's family business and it's urgent."

So for now he leaned back and sipped his whiskey, furrowing his brows in anticipation of what was to come...

Gray had been getting very busy lately with the building of his company, aiding the Mandalorian Empire with their expansion, and just general force user stuff like being thrown around like a ragdoll from one location to the next to help random strangers. He had little time for relaxing lately, and his wife was sure to not be liking that as much as he did. So it came as a bit of a surprise to him when out of the blue his cousin [member="Jack Raxis"] suddenly contacted him. He had mentioned the matter being urgent and family business. Those were two things that Jack never joked about, so Gray dropped everything to head to the coordinates he was given.

Gray ended up finding himself on Nar Shaada of all places. It was a planet that truly earned its reputation, and one Gray tended to avoid due to his tendency to make pirates regret their life choices. But he was here and he found himself at the bar he had been asked to go to. He was dressed up in casual clothing that allowed him to blend in and only had his bryar pistol strapped to his right leg with his lightsaber hilt hung next to it. He didn't think he would need them, but on this planet anything was possible if people could profit from it. He just hoped he looked as least profitable as possible right now to anyone who looked at him.

Gray walked into the cantina and spotted Jack immediately via his force signature. He didn't know why his was so dark or why Jack let it be. Gray knew that Jack was a dark jedi instead of a Sith, but he still didn't like it. He walked over to his cousin with a smile on his face and said, " Jack. Good to see you cousin. How have you been? Where have you been? I don't hear from you in months and then you suddenly pop back up." Despite how serious the situation was promised to be, Gray couldn't help but feel relieved to see his family member was safe and sound.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

When Gray stepped in Jack's eyed did a once over. He looked different than he last remembered. More of a Jedi and less of a mad Mandalorian soldier. Then again they all looked different these days. Jack was clad in his normal spacers jacket and trousers, with a red and black sash about his neck.

Gray would recognize them as the Colors of Clan Raxis, now wildy scattered across the stars. Gray had some of them, and Jack had others.

"I see you picked up the mantle and have continued the legacy, which makes me happy."

He rose and kicked out a seat with his dirty boot, retaking his own and slamming the rest of the fiery whiskey down his gullet. With two fingers and a brief nod he summoned two more shots in the near future. Both hands rested on the table and folded, and he stared Gray down.

"Had a bit of a misshap and got stranded in the Rim. Well not really stranded, just spent more time digging up family history on Tatooine. Got a lot of good experiences out there too. What I'm here to ask you is what the hell is going on with this Mandalorian Empire and the like. I hear back on Mandalore they got a bounty out on your head. Something about you rolling up on United Clans territory and calling them Dar'Manda. Ya know old man Rekalis kin Alec? She's the one that dunnit."

The glasses clinked down and Jack reached to his belt, slapping a credit chip on the table.

"Thanks mate."

"Anytime Cap'n."

Captain, that was a weird term to hear.

"Anyhow," Jack continued pushing the glass over to Gray.

"The Rekalis are Witches, fraking with some serious old galaxy magics and the like. They got more money in that Clan than I could spend in a thousand lifetimes, and their roots run back in Mandalorian society to almost the very beginning of the Mandalorian Clans. Not any folks to be taken lightly. Even I fear Old man Rekali."

Jack took another sip.

"So, what the hell did you do?"

Gray did pick up on Jack wearing the black and red of the clan. It seemed even after all of this time he was still feeling a connection to the clan. That was good to hear. Gray had felt like he alone would be the only one of the Raxis blood to continue on with the clan. He had plans for the future of the clan when it got built back up, but he wondered if Jack would even want any part of it. He had apparently been off on Tatooine the whole time, which made Gray wonder why his cousin never contacted him to even inform him he was safe. He had disappeared without a trace and no matter how much digging Gray had done, he had found nothing. But that was the past and this was the present. Gray had done enough of getting hung up on the past as it was, so he would just go along with whatever business Jack had with him.

It seemed Jack was wanting to know about all of the latest problems in the life of Gray. There was too much going on so it would be a long story for Jack to hear, and thats exactly what he was going to get. The shots of whiskey showed up so Gray took his when Jack offered it. Never was a good idea to turn down a drink from family. They provided the good stuff. He took a drink from it then said as it left his lips, " Well Isley Verd declared himself Manda'lor then created this Mandalorian Empire with some others. He invited the clan to join, so I said we would. I am only making those who wish to aid them though do so. Rather avoid another incident like Roche. But anyways, there is some tension about this division and it seems a radical extremist thought all of the United Clans members were dar'manda because they would not heed the call and attacked a station over Mandalore. We went to stop it, but I put out a message before I got there and mentioned how the council had lied, deceived, and not been honorable. Seems Alec took offense to that, and the others are saying I called them dar'manda when I never did. I spoke with Alec already though, but not sure if the bounty will be dropped or not."

Gray took another drink from his whiskey. He had said a lot already, and was going to say a bit more on it. It had all been a mess lately with all of the conflict, but he couldn't completely disagree with some of it. The united clans did need to stop their power play to keep their own authority over the entire populous of the Mandalorians, but based on past behavior they would never do that. Politics and the status quo was more important to them than the issues with dishonorable behavior and forgetting traditional values. He continued on, " Ember Rekali died when the terrorist suicide bombed the whole station too. I doubt there will be any peace any time soon between the two. Might be a war and if there is I will be there as the Alor of our clan. I gave my word to aid them and I intend to keep it. It is what we do Jack. Family, Honor, Clan. No matter what the other clans might be like, I will see to it that Clan Raxis never forgets what Mandalorians are suppose to be like." He went to take a drink then realized his shot was empty after the first time. Seemed he was distracted thinking about all of this stuff.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Jack snorted. ember was dead, what Mandalorians were supposed to be like? Gray was right in some sense, the Clan's had certainly gone soft over the years and the bureaucracy of the whole thing left a sour taste in his mouth. On the other hand his heritage laid back on Mandalore, where he was raised. Where his Mother had set down roots and been adopted into the Clans.

"And tell me cousin, what are Mandalorians supposed to be like? Blood thirsty savages that destroy and conquer for that purpose alone? There was a reason Jaster Mereel drafted the Super Commando Codex. There is a reason the Crusaders went extinct. They were animals, far outside the Mandate of the Resol'Nare. They killed more for sport and Glory than anything else."

Jack at this point ordered the whole bottle and poured another shot between them.

"The only thing that separates true Mandalorians from petty thugs and savages like the Deathwatch is the Super Commando Codex. Tell me why this Isely Verd deserves to be called the Mandalore. Why our Clan should fight against the world that birthed it, the world where our bloodlines were first even accepted into the culture."

Jack knocked back the Shot, and poured another.

"What exactly is it you hope to accomplish by going to war over petty vengeance? If old man Rekali was killed by a man whom swore fealty to Verd, than blood must be repaid with blood. Further more where is the honor in that?"

Jack was working himself up now, passion flaring his cheeks red, but voice calm.

"A bomb is as simple as stabbing a man in the back in the dark to me. It's cowardice. It's abominable. Deathwatch scum would stab a man in the Dark, not the true Mandoade. And by the way, know that this Verd is a traitor. He betrayed the Templar Order within the CIS which he helped to build. Is that a man of honor?"

They were complex questions. Not to attack him, but to make him think.

Gray listened to everything that his cousin [member="Jack Raxis"] had to say to him. He made some good points and asked some deep questions of Gray. His cousin was probing him for his inner most thoughts on the state of their people, the two factions, and even what Gray was doing as Alor of their clan. This was as much a moment of truth as it was a moment to tell the truth for Gray. But could he do that? Could he share his thoughts that he was sure others would twist to cast him as a dar'manda with someone else? Could he even dare to reveal what he felt to be true deep down with anyone? He hadn't even shared his thoughts on some of these matters with his wife Star, so could he do it with someone else?

The thing was that this was not just someone, it was Jack. This was blood for Gray, the only one in the whole galaxy he knew of that he was blood related to still. This was the person he should reveal everything to without worrying about making it more politically correct or avoid insulting someone, not that Gray was too worried about that. If he was going to say something to someone, now was the time and Jack was the person. He took a deep breath and decided to suck it up. He exhaled and then looked at Jack with a serious look on his face.

" The people in the Mandalorian Empire are violent and looking for conflict. They seek to conquer without any real purpose besides fighting for fightings sake. But at least they are actively doing something. The United Clans are sitting back on their haunches and just trying to protect what they have now. They are not looking to make things better or address what is wrong with their current state of being. So between the two choices, I figured there was more hope of change for the better in the one being active.....but I am beginning to feel I made a mistake there." Gray paused as he frowned a bit. He poured himself another glass and downed it all in one go. He didn't like the thought of how things had been going for him recently, but that was something that could be addressed another day.

" As far things go for Alec, we worked it out. No need for more issues than there needs to be." Gray said as he poured a glass once more. " What do I think a Mandalorian is? Well....a Mandalorian is someone who upholds the ideals of Family, Honor, and Clan. They seek to provide for their family and clan as much as they can. They do not seek conflict, but don't avoid it either. For a Mandalorian war is a tool used to met a specific end. It is meant to be used to protect their family, their clan. It is meant to be used to provide for them whatever resource it is they are lacking. It is meant to be for those uses and not because one likes fighting. There is honor in protecting and providing for one's family and clan, but not in war for the sake of war. A Mandalorian seeks to challenge themselves with strong opponents or difficult tasks as well because it brings honor to them, their family, and their clan. It also means more can be provided for their family and clan because of it."

Gray took a drink from his glass. He was starting to feel the effects of the liquor. He felt the familiar buzz that came with a few shots, but he knew he wasn't drunk. His wife liked to drink and couldn't become drunk, so he had developed a tolerance. Especially considering the fact he drank harder liquors usually. He went on, " That is also what I want from our clan, our family. I want us to life in a way that brings honor to us all. That we defend each other and provide for one another. That none of our members ever feels alone out there no matter how bad things become." He paused and then chuckled lightly. He filled his glass for the third time since he started talking and said while doing so, " I did have a bit of an idea about that too. I was thinking......nah its stupid......... Does that satisfied you Jack?" He picked up his full glass and leaned back. He began to swirl it around slowly while he waited for his cousin to reply back.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Gray had made some excellent points. points Jack could not refute in any way. He was a Raxis through and through, driven by his ideals, and destined for greatness. With a sigh he leaned back, clasping both hands and resting them atop his head. The brown fiery orbs wandered the room and then re locked with Grays and he nodded.

"I think we got to the bottom of this. I trust you as the Alor Gray. Hell you've done more for the Clan than I've ever been able to accomplish, and kept them alive in my absence. Just know this, the day Clan Raxis becomes a murdering, pillaging death machine without honor or purpose, I will come an take them back from you."

Jack knocked back his drink and nodded.

"I had ideas as well, such as bringing the Knights of Raxis back together and throwing in with you lot. You can keep the Alor title, I'm much too gyspy spirited to be tied into a leadership positions. Still I'll help where it's needed. And what was your idea cousin?"

Jack gave Gray no hassle to what he had to say. It seemed his cousin got it and felt the same about what it meant to be a Mandalorian. He was glad to hear that, because he had been feeling more and more as if he was going to be labeled as dar'manda for believing the Mandalorian people were and should be more than murderers. He was never going to stop believing what he believed, but it was nice to know he wasn't alone in these beliefs. It came as a surprise as well for him that [member="Jack Raxis"] seemed to think he had been doing a good job. Gray mostly felt like he was barely hanging onto the clan and hadn't really pushed it forward much. That was how he felt, but most people didn't notice how far they had gotten until they looked back.

Gray listened to what Jack had to say all the way to the end. He already knew his answer to the first comment, but the question of what he was thinking was a little hard. He had an idea forming, but he wasn't entirely sure what it was he wanted yet. Course talking it out might help a lot. He smiled to Jack as he said, " The day clan Raxis becomes a group that pillages and murders while having completely forgotten the meaning of honor, will be the day I have long since passed Jack. I will never allow us to go down the wrong path, even if I have to do something about it that I would rather not. As far as my idea goes its well......"

Gray had to stop for a second. This idea was a little crazy now that he thought even more about it. It was crazy......but what was Clan Raxis if not a collection of crazy people? He took a deep breath then said, " Remember the old Free Colonies? When we tried to help those people form a loose organization of free systems by helping the people rebel against their tyrannical governments? We had a lot of stuff going on at first, but then people just tried to turn it into a pirate nation yet the rest didn't want that. And things just sort of .......stopped. People disappeared to the winds to pursuit their individual goals and dreams. Well when they did that, the people were left to their own devises again and I have sort of just been keeping around to...... to well help........." He hadn't gotten to his point yet. He needed to get Jack on the same page as him and kind of explain his thoughts. Maybe it was more for him that for Jack though.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

The Free Colonies. A project Jack had loved more than anything else. They had had a good run and a good tenure as well. It seemed people had disappeared, including himself, and the whole project was... well now defunct. Still folks contacted him from time to time. At any rate, Jack owed Gray an Explanation.

"I took off to Tatooine and Exiled myself. There I learned under Tusken Warlocks and did a lot of..... Soul searching."

He neglected to mention the parts where the darkness had turned him stark raving mad, plunged him into a tidal wave of killing for the warchiefs. But that was behind him now, and the darkness was caged, tempered, still ever ready to come out when need be.

"But yes, Lady Kay contacted me recently asking about the status of our fleets. I offered for her to go on and use whatever she liked. I haven't actually been back to the colonies in some time though. Tell me what has become of them?"

Gray was a little surprised by what [member="Jack Raxis"] had to say to him next. His cousin went on about where he had been and what he had been doing for the past few months. He could feel that there was more to the story though than was being shared. Perhaps even a bit of regret or shame as well? It was hard to tell completely because of how well guarded Jack was with his emotions right now. What Jack had to say though was interesting about Kay having asked for permission to use the fleet. He had done something like it to during the supposed "rebellion" of the Cato Neimeibian people. He had called in the frigates and interceptors under the guise of Captain Wolf. Perhaps he should explain himself some more on this idea.

Gray thought a moment then he said, " Well, the people are progressing. Not as fast as they would have liked to when the Free Colonies were around, but still progressing. I built a company to help them out and have been doing everything I can to help the people in the area. I took out the pirates for the most part, and actually got one of the local Pirate King to stop pirating and he has been running the old Free Colony ships for me. There is almost no piracy anymore, and if any pops up Batou just sort of goes ham on them." He paused here. It was weird thinking what he had done for them, but it didn't feel like enough. It wasn't enough after what they had been promised. More needed to be done for the people who looked up to the idea of the Free Colonies and the Raxis still despite everything.

Gray said after a while, " Jack, I think Clan Raxis should do what we promised the people we would do. We should assume control of the scattered military and provide the systems with the order and protection it needs. I want Clan Raxis to act as ruler and defender for the systems. Not saying we becomes kings or the likes, just be more than the Free Colonies were. I don't think we were going to be able to last with the lack of central power like before. We were still divided before, no matter what we tell ourselves. I think this way we can be Separate yet United. Let the people run their planets mostly, but give them a reason to care about their neighbors. A basic set of rules. A military they all serve together in. A uniting goal of prosperity for everyone under the same banner." He stopped there to take a drink from his glass. He hadn't even though he filled it up. He added after a bit, " That was kind of what I wanted to do Jack. I am not sure if you like the idea or not, but its just.....just something I had come to mind recently."

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Jack grinned. Gray had grown in both power and ambition. A fleeting memory of him "Going Ham," the first time they'd ever met slipped into his mind and he could barely contain a chuckle. Here he was the mad merc rebel now a fully grown man with morals and conscience. It was gratifying to say the least.

"I think Vassara would be more proud of you than me Cuz. Alright shoot then, what are you proposing? There's a million empires and factions out there Gray. What sets us apart?"

Gray was a little surprised that [member="Jack Raxis"] was so quick to seem up for entertaining the idea. He would have thought his cousin would be more into being independent and rebelling. That he would be more for wandering the stars like a space gypsy than to try to settle down somewhere. Course it was not as if Jack was saying he would be doing that. The most he was doing was entertaining the idea, so he might as well keep going on.

Gray said in response to Jack's question, " Well a sort of monarchy but instead of a system of nobility it would be just the clan. The clan would more or less have the authority to do whatever we want, although I will see to it that is not what happens. We would be rulers of the systems under us, but they would be free to join or leave as they wish. They can also join the clan if they wish and are willing to follow our tenants of Family, Honor, Clan. I know it sounds weird, but I want a mixture of a Monarchy and a Confederacy. Basically Clan Raxis deals with all matters of military and diplomacy. We set basic rules, but that is it. And if we need to order people around to achieve goals for the greater good of everyone they either listen or get deposed. At the end of the day though the clan is meant to protect the people, not rule over them." He reached up and rubbed the back of his head. It was sounding crazy and he knew it did. He just needed to hear his cousins view on it now.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Jack burped and took another drink.

"Sounds an awful lot like an empire Gray. Clan Raxis is already scattered about the Galaxy, some with me, some with you, some in the United Clans. It would be very hard to call them all back. Why don't we just follow this Verd or rejoin the United Clans?"

He burped again.

"I need more Gray. I need a solid Vision of what you want. Cuz to me it sound's like ya want an Empire. What is the point of having us run everything?"

Gray didn't see it as an Empire, but people would think what they wanted about it. He did listen to [member="Jack Raxis"] about being in the Mandalorian Empire or the clans, but he didn't like that. There was too many reasons for the clan to not be with either of them. After everything that had happened, there needed to be something more something new. He thought about it for a moment then said, " Well Jack, the clan shouldn't be in either of the Mandalorian factions. Not anymore at least. The United Clans already showed us how much their cared about our efforts once before, and the Empire has proven itself to be unworthy of our support. Have you heard anything about the stuff in the Mimban sector? It was.....it was a mess. No honor in it. Nothing about it was Mandalorian."

Gray had to stop to take a breath. He still hated thinking about that particular event. It was something he had advised against yet he was never listened to. He went on after awhile, " As far as the point goes for us to run things, it is because I am tired of our clan following others. We have gotten nothing for it but disrespect and asked to do things we know are completely wrong. I believe we can do more good if we actually live up to our ideals as a clan. Maybe we can even inspire other Mandalorians to begin living differently than they are now. We won't be able to inspire change with how things are now, and I am tired of trying to do it from within." He sighed as he finished speaking. He was very tired of trying to make change, but getting no where because everyone refused to listen or try.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"What do you suggest then? Break away? Form a new Mandalorian faction?"

Ideas were a whirling and swirling. Of course without access to Beskar it would be tough for them, but warriors were more than just their armor. Clan Rekali had Maintained a loose connection with the main United Clans. And it worked for them.

"I'm getting visions of Grandeur, but how to go about it is another story. Got suggestions? First moves, first places to go? Clan recall maybe?"

A Clan Recall would be tough, and challenging the might of both the Mandalorian Empire and the United Clans would be a far stretch. They needed numbers, and the easiest way to do that was to convert. But who would answer that call?

It would seem [member="Jack Raxis"] was in full support of the idea. But what Gray wanted some not exactly a break away, even if it would be viewed that way. He said, " We aren't trying to be the United Clans or the Empire. We aren't even trying to compete with them Jack. They can call it a break away, but I won't. Being a Mandalorian is more than having beskar or living on Mandalore. If that was all that counted, then the Mandalorians would never have grown or would be what they use to be. So let them say what they will, but I will be who I believe a Mandalorian should be. Always have and always will."

Gray leaned forward and rested his arms on the table. He said, " The first move though needs to be two parts. We need to recall the members of the clan who are willing to join us while looking to alliances with those around us. We will stick to the Annaj sector and build up from there. We will gather our strength and aid those we form alliances with. We will defend them from rebellion and invasion. And if anyone, and I mean anyone tries to impose their rule on our karking sector without out our permission we make them regret it. So how does that sound to you Jack? Oh and there might be some privateering chances for you and Batou. Gathering resources and strengthening ourselves and all of that." He smiled at Jack. He hoped that prospect caught his interest.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

"Privateering eh?"

After a few stints in the desert, and a lifetime as a smuggler going back to space sounded mighty fine to Jack. A chance to get off the damned rocks and move his life along. A lot of the time he was more or less lost, drifting from one thing to another. But now he had something he could get behind. The question was would others get behind it as well?

"And what would we call ourselves?"

Gray could tell [member="Jack Raxis"] enjoyed the idea of privateering. It was in his cousin's blood after all, just as mercenary work was in Gray's. Their parents had done enough to instill into them their respective natures, and it would likely be what they passed on eventually as well. He thought a moment on what Jack had asked. He had no idea what a good name would be. He had never been the best at naming things after all. He eventually said, " Raxian Imperium? United Raxis Systems? Confederacy of Raxian Systems? You got any suggestions? I am absolutely terrible at this name thing."

Gray reached for the bottle so he could pour some more of it into his glass. He was met with disappointment though as it had been drained by the both of them by this point. He was sad to see that because he was enjoying the good stuff his cousin had provided. He began to go over in his head what all would need to be done to move this idea he had forward. They could use the foundation of the Free Colonies to get a bit of a lead, but the other issue was who all would be willing to support them. He would likely need to do some diplomatic work, but Kay would be more suited to it. The problem with that was she was back into the Republic now after winning her Presidency of Commener...... but maybe that would be something that could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom