Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We got a problem.

He sat inside his police-cruiser's rather filthy seats. The cruiser was landed in a rather small landing pad that had a wonderful view of a suspected spice warehouse. Bringing the binocular's up to his eyes, he searched through each window of the warehouse rather carefully. "Nothing...", He mumbled, turning to the police officer that was currently sitting next to him. "I can't see anything except for a bunch of crates. Seems like someone put them there purposely to block the windows". He threw the binoculars in the glove box, releasing a long sigh. He then turned to the female police officer once more, grinning. "Did anyone ever tell you that you look fething good in that uniform?".

@Malin

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Like that was the first time she had heard that. Granted, it was usually from people whose pocketbooks were about to get a lot thinner after their traffic court hearing, but there were also a few bold ones like Mister Rolark. "Nope," she replied drily, eyelids narrowed as she continued to gaze ahead at the warehouse. Why was it that she never got partnered with anyone better-looking? Another 'perk' of CorSec life. "Guess I should wear my uniform more often," she added flatly.

The tepid cup of caf had lost its steam about two hours ago, but it was still caf. She brought it to her lips a moment and then commented on their current situation. "It's going to be a while. I'd check for fresh stresscrete when we go in."

[member="Van Rolark"]

He let out a sigh, slumping down in his seat. "You know, I have not been partnered with a more beautiful woman before!" He mumbled, obviously attempting to either get on Malin's good side or actually was attracted by her. He adjusted his black trench coat, looking back to towards the warehouse. He quickly reopened the glove box and grabbed the binoculars, holding it up to his eyes once more. "Wait, wait, wait! I got something, it has to be-another crate..." He said, disappointment filling his voice. "What do you say about just getting out of here and heading back to my place? I mean, we tried to take down the spicers but let's just say in the report that...we couldn't find anything useful for evidence".

@Malin Spritejager

Beowoof

Spritejägare looked off to the side, letting out a long, steady stream of breath. She was an especially patient woman--sometimes too patient--but there was a point when things were just not heading in the right direction. Rolark's mouth seemed to lack a filter. Not only were his requests unappealing to her, but he obviously was willing to mess around with CorSec policy. Maybe he could afford to ditch the book, but she had a job at stake. "Thanks, but not interested," she replied, hoping to put an end to the detective's passes before he made a huge fool of himself.

The police officer mused over her nearly empty cup of cooled caf, keeping an eye on the doors to the building. No one had entered or exited yet, but they just needed to give it time. Stakeouts were not for impulsive types. "If you're looking for some sweet nothings, feel free to flick on the radio."

[member="Van Rolark"]

"Your no fun at all", He muttered. He leaned up against the door with a loud thump. "So, how long will we be out here? They got to be in there." He sighed, removing a cigarette from his trench coat along with a metallic lighter. He quickly held the small flame up to the end of the cigarette, igniting it. Extinguishing the flame, he slid the lighter back into one of the many pockets on the trench coat. "What do you say about going to a bar after this?", He asked joyfully. "Or ain't you a fan of that, either?", He quickly inhaled the smoke from his cigarette, a slight grin appearing on his face.

Beowoof

Spritejägare sniffed with a small amount of amusement, still keeping her eyes glued to the warehouse. "This your first stakeout?" she inquired, noting his squirming and quick loss of concentration. "We've only been here a couple of hours. And the longer we wait, the bigger the bust is going to be." If he was having trouble finding something to distract himself with, she might suggest that he clean out his scummy car. She would be taking an extra dose of her medicine before bed.

"Bars'll be serving caf by the time this business is over," she pointed out. If Rolark was expecting them to have this gang rounded up before morning, he was sadly mistaken. "So, yeah. We will be stopping at one later." Malin loved her caf.

[member="Van Rolark"]

"Swe-I mean, great! Great, o-of course", He said, now facing the other direction. "Listen, why don't I head inside, I'll pose as one of them spicers. Once they hand over the spice, I'll come back out to say I'll go grab some credits and we come back with a whole lot of guns". He then slowly started the engines of the speeder. "Good idea?" He asked, a grin on his face. "You see, I was not meant for stakeouts, I ain't a patient man and I'm a detective, after all! Shouldn't I be investigating some rotting corpse on something? It don't matter, there will be plenty of 'em once I am finished in there".

Beowoof

"Do you even have a story to tell them when they ask how you learned about their little co-op?" She raised an eyebrow at her partner, finding him to be more than just a little impetuous. "And you think they're not going to follow you when you have to 'go get some credits'? You're really underestimating them.

"Really, the best strategy is just to hang where we are and wait." The officer drank the final drops of her caf and jammed the empty cup into the dashboard glove compartment. "But if you need something to do..." She pulled out a deck of cards from the same place she had stuffed her cup. "It could be Sabacc Night."

[member="Van Rolark"]

"Yeah? Well no, I ain't a gambler...not anymore anyway", Van said, reaching into his trench coat. However, instead of pulling out any permitted substance or object, the officer removed a small Correlian whiskey bottle, filled to the top. "You want a drink?" He asked, twisting off the cap and taking a quick sip, placing his hand over his throat as he felt the burning sensation. "Yes?" He asked, the grin on his face widening. That was once the officer moved a little too close to officer Malin.

Beowoof

"Seriously, chill." What was this guy's problem? Alcohol was not the most unusual thing a partner had ever pulled out, but he was getting way too close for comfort. She remained in her spot, stoic. Hopefully that bit of advice about not paying attention to annoying people was true and people really did stop bothering you once they realized they were going to get no sufficient reaction.

"The playing cards are for a ruse," she explained, faithfully maintaining her eyes on the warehouse. "In a few minutes, we're going to head down there and pretend like we thought it was sabacc night."

[member="Van Rolark"]

"Best idea in the galaxy. We'll act like gamblers and knock on the fething door. 'OH HELLO EVERYONE! WE BROUGHT THE CHAMPAGNE AND THE CARDS' then do you know what happens? We're filled with blaster bolts and slugs", The detective said, sliding away from Malin.

"Why do you always gotta be like this, eh? You really respect CorSec? I'm just in it for the credits, man", The detective said, sipping more of his alcoholic beverage. "I shouldn't even be here but that bootlick at the office ordered me to come down 'ere and do a cop's job. As I said before, I should be investigating a bunch of crime scenes, ya know?"

@Malin

Beowoof

She smirked a little as the brashly straighforward guy scooted back to his original position. Well, she had accomplished one thing, even if it was not hushing his complaining. "Relax. It's not Sabacc Night unless we get caught." The officer jostled a little in her seat to pocket the card deck before sitting back in good posture. "The windows have been covered, so they won't be able to see you sneaking around if you wanna be a hero."

She offered him her first true smile of the night--not that it was really noticeable, but she was showing some positive emotion, even if it was laden with sarcasm. "I bet your mom loved taking you shopping."

[member="Van Rolark"]

He stood there silently, that was but until he heard about his mother. "Feth you!" He barked angrily before showing a rude gesture. "This is how it is, every. Fething. Time. Woman should just stick to shopping, cooking, and doing whatever the he'll they do. They are all useless on the force...just like you!"

(I apologise for my character's sexist comments. I'm just RPing my char and I am not attempting to offend anyone)

[member="Malin Spritejägare"]

Beowoof

((No worries. I never take anything too seriously when it's IC.))

Well. That was quite a reaction. The officer just stared blankly at the detective, saying not a word. Her paygrade could answer for her. But was he mad at her or his mother or both?

A dark figure appeared for the briefest of moments under a light before proceeding towards the warehouse. At last, something was happening. A suitable distraction from the tense moment going on inside the squad speeder. "Something's going on. We can resume this lovely conversation later." Soon, it would be time to actually get out of the vehicle and actually do something.

[member="Van Rolark"]

"Something is going on...yeah, I know. They are selling spice out of that there warehouse!" He said, his anger slowly fading away. "I apologize for what I said, by the way. That was my fault..." The detective said, slowly rolling down the window, allowing a steady breeze to flow inside of the speeder. "Listen, if nothing happens in the next three minutes, I'm going in," The man then went silent, removing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He quickly ignited the tobacco, inhaling the blue smoke.

Beowoof

"At least you give credit where credit is due," she commented, a hint of a friendly smile rising from the corner of her mouth. She was used to angry outbursts by now. Such was the life of a cop. Though, admittedly, most of said angry outbursts were heard from people not involved in criminal justice.

The detective was still as rash as ever, though. Three minutes was hardly enough time for anything substantial to happen. But if it got his drawers out of a bunch, then perhaps it was a welcome change in plans. She just hoped things either went well or that he died due to any stupid action he might take. The last thing she needed was someone blaming her for 'abandoning' an impetuous detective. So she nodded and followed suit, ducking her head as she removed herself from the vehicle. "Just make sure you turn your brain on tonight. Sometime."

[member="Van Rolark"]

He exited the vehicle, his stand issue CorSec boots hitting the ground. "Hey, I'll do the talking. I always got a plan for spice dealers...always." A sadistic grin and a few footsteps later, he was at the locked front steel door of the warehouse. He crushed out his cigarette, and removed his DL-44 blaster pistol and knocked on the door.

After about a minute wait, a large Trandoshan answered the door. "Who are you?" The Trandoshan hissed. Then sounding like a holoflick action hero, Van replied with "Mr. Bang" and then raised his blaster. The Trandoshan looked confused for a moment, before he quickly reached for something in his boot upon seeing the detective's weapon. A loud shot rung out, and the Trandoshan now had a new and unique appearence...a hole in the middle of his forehead. "Oh, I love this job!"

[member="Malin Spritejägare"]

Beowoof

Kraf! Spritejägare was not sure if she was able to legitimately follow through with this investigation anymore. Her 'partner' had basically just committed a crime, as she had seen there was not a case for self-defense there. He had deliberately pulled his weapon first and blown the oversized reptilian's brains out. Drawing her short model automatic DH-17, the blonde raised it and rushed up to where the detective had invited himself to get drilled by whatever illegal arms the dealers were toting.

"Are you insane? You can't do that!" Just then, a shot was fired their way, and the female cop spun around and pressed her back against the exterior wall to hide from any more gunfire that would come through the open door. With a flick of her thumb, she activated an alert beacon. The rest of CorSec would be rushing here in a bit. If they could just not die for the next ten minutes, they would be able to solve this mess with reinforcements.

"What... the heck... was that?!" she yelled at Rolark through grinding teeth.

[member="Van Rolark"]

"HE WAS REACHIN' FOR SOMETHING!" He barked, quickly diving into cover. "NOW, IF YOU WOULD'VE PUT SOME TRUST INTO ME, I COULD'VE HAD THE ENTIRE SITUATION UNDER CONTROL, MISS PACIFIST!" He then leaned out of cover for a moment, firing several shots at a Chiss who was firing at the two law enforcers. A bolt grazed the Chiss's shoulder, sending him stumbling back. "Got a plan? 'Cause I sure as hell don't."

Beowoof

"I noticed!" she retorted. Of course he had no plan. He was too busy either flirting with her or flirting with death. "You're going to have some explaining to do when the rest of CorSec arrives, if these guys don't pulverize us first!"

Where was a charge when she needed one? Time to improvise a little bit. Peeking around the doorframe, she compressed her weapon's trigger and fired a burst of five shots. While doing this, she noticed the four giant panels of skylights on the sloped ceiling of the warehouse. There was a possible plan. "How good are you at climbing trees? Since your best traits are acting like a child!"

[member="Van Rolark"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom