Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Can Breathe Now

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8[/youtube]​

[member="Lady Kay"]

Almost a year. It had almost been a year since Ailred and Queen Kay had spoken.... after that... horrible incident. Ailred had thought about the Queen, but there were a number of reasons why he hadn't spoken to her. One of which was... they weren't really friends... and Eddak had a fondness of the Queen, and he just felt it was right not to mix into the situation. Ailred had been pondering what to do, since he had been given ownership of Galderra Royal Treasury and made Regent of Galderra. The decision of how to come to a new ruler was coming soon, so thankfully that responsibility would be over, but he still had two companies and his organization to administrate, and it was hard. His organization had completely halted, MILSERV had near to no activity in growth, and Galderra Royal Treasury was busy keeping the city in order, while Ailred was trying to accommodate the citizens needs. So why now, did Ailred choose to see the Queen? Why when he was so busy trying to juggle responsibilities did he decide to request to see the Queen? Ailred didn't want to dismantle everything Eddak had built with his own two hands, but no one he knew could quite take the task of filling the mans shoes, either. Besides, he felt Eddak would have wanted the Queen to share in his accomplishments. Not to mention, it seemed.... Ailred had come upon a message, of some sort.

Ailred looked up as a helper approached him, asking what his business was here at the Queens palace. He stood up from a bench after pondering to himself, trying to get the energy to speak. "I would like to see the Queen, if she is available. It's quite important, but it is not urgent." He paused, however, as the helper noticed he was wielding a weapon. He grieved for a moment. Ailred wasn't carrying anything with him except that sword. Otherwise he was in a ceremonial robe, befit royalty. "It's.... nothing. It's something I need to give to the Queen. But I also need to speak with her, if she has the time, please."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It was Olivia that had approached [member="Ailred Vruumond"] and questioned him. She was the Head of the House and it was her job to know who was stepping foot inside the Palace. Yes Kay had another assistant now, but she was allowed to have some time off. "For one that claims that it isn't urgent, you have a great deal of anxiety." She studied the man for a few seconds more in silence before turning on her heel. "Follow me, please."

Ailred was guided to Kay's office. The guards on watch didn't move as the old woman opened the office door and stepped aside to let him through after she had walked in. "You've got company, m'Lady."

Kay looked up from her desk, which was her usual spot these days. Her tea cup was beside a bunch of her paperwork, and her datapad lay somewhere underneath. "Welcome back. I....hope that it isn't with anymore bad news?" She got to her feet and then gestured for him to have a seat in the chair across from her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Ailred nodded, giving a smirk to the assistant to affirm his guilt of anxiety. He agreed and stood up from the bench, slowly and gracefully. "Well, one does wish to be their best in front of royalty, no? Among other things, there is grief and pain to watch out for in these times." Ailred was glad the Queen had the time for him. Truthfully, he felt it was important, and if he was allowed to he would have chosen to sit on that bench for an entire day. He claimed it wasn't urgent, but that was in respect of the Queens duties, and the weight on her shoulders. In truth, it was just lowly business.... and... business over a friend.

Once Ailred had entered the Queens office and she was alerted to him, he stepped to the side out of the way of the entrance and gave a slow, soft bow out of respect. As usual, Ailred was a calm, yet stern speaker. With a hint of a whisper, but still a strong enough heard tone. A gentle man, holding something back. "No, Queen, I am not here with bad news. However, I am sure you are prepared to question me on why I have brought a weapon to your palace, and into your office." He paused, taking a breath as he reached down for the sword. It was tied by a string, wrapped around his waist. It was not sheathed, nor held properly on the waist, only held enough to keep it secure; there was no way to quickly ready it for battle. He slowly untied the strong which held the sword and reached over, gently laying it on Lady Kay's desk, and stepping back to stare at it before looking back up.

i9p6PmP.jpg

"As you may... or may not know... Eddaks sword was not found on his body," he continued, clasping his hands together as he readied himself to speak something winded. "This was.... found struck in the dirt, outside of my home. As if someone took it, and stabbed the ground, to leave a message. There was also... something further in the investigation done by the Galderrans. At one time Eddak invested in cloning technology; some said he was going to attempt a cloned army, so that he would no longer have to keep putting family members at risk. They said they would continue to have jobs, just positions that Eddak would not have to force them to lay down their lives for him, anymore. One of the buildings that were used for this clone testing... which had been abandoned for some time, seems to have been accessed.... the investigators that have better suited technology at their disposal state that the facility was accessed... near the time of Eddaks death." Ailred put his hands up and shook his head, "we have no evidence of anything, the attacker on Eddaks life was very thorough, just as thorough as the break-in to the old cloning facility. I don't know much more I could tell you other than what you already know.... but I felt .... Queen Kay, I felt you should have the sword. Eddak considered me a best friend, but he did a lot more for you than I think any of us can realize. He wanted an army not only to protect his world, but also to take weight off of your shoulders. He wanted to create more patrols in the CSA sector so that you had less to worry about. He made Wann orbital Station to strengthen the publicity of Galderra but also to show the bonds of which Commenor could create with smaller worlds. He saw you as the beacon of hope, to pull oneself out of what he considered the end of his people. He actually cared about you quite a lot, and I'm sure if he was here right now you'd know; you'd see it in his eyes. That twinkle you may not have noticed before, you would understand it now."

Ailred slowly turned as he spoke, looking for a chair to sit in and take comfort by relaxing. He has had a lot of stress on him, with his friend, his people, and now the entire world of Galderra, its politics, people, and its military. He was old, but he only just now started to feel his age. "I apologize... I have come today, or I planned today, to speak with you about the future of Eddaks company. I know you wouldn't wish the burden of it, but I am hoping we can ease part of its burden together. Galderra Royal Treasury was Eddaks gift, chiseled and worked by his very own two hands, but the man - the friend - worked himself to limits neither of us could imagine. He handled.... everything. It would be as if you managed every decree, order, law, contract, message," he took a breath, "every transport, every manifest, growth charts, expansion plans.... he was there. When he was offered a position to co-own a new vehicle facility on a planet half-way across the galaxy, he was there." Ailred chuckled slightly, in truth he thought of him as a mad man, but he was his mad man. His mad best friend. "The new ruler for Galderra will be decided, and I believe we have to liquidate some of the productions within Galderra Royal Treasury. I hope you can assist me with this." Ailred took a moment to breathe in deeply, refilling his lungs and taking some time for respite.

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to [member="Ailred Vruumond"] and then sat herself down as he began to speak, breathing a sigh of relief as he had assured her that there was no more bad news. That was good as she didn't want to relate his visits with always bringing ill tidings.

At the mention of the sword, she looked down at it. Some people found it difficult to be parted from their weapons, yet this instance was different. Her brows furrowed as she listened to the tale, hearing of clones being the soldiers instead of Eddak's people, and of this sword somehow just appearing.

Slowly her eyes were drawn up from the sword on her desk to that of Ailred's eyes as he mentioned everything that Eddak was planning to do for both herself and her people. Eddak had a twinkle in his eyes? Over...her? Kay was blinded to such things, didn't even notice them as she had plenty of other things on her mind and was devoted to her now estranged husband. What else had she missed?

Once again Kay gestured to the chair across from her as Ailred seemed to want to sit down. He looked tired. There was a lot on his plate. She then got up from her desk and went to fix him some tea, pouring some from her kettle and into a spare cup. She brought it over to him and then retook her seat while he continued his tale.

Kay knew full well of what it was like to handle everything within government. Quite often she had put the burden of her own on her shoulders. Yet her friends have made her delegate, especially as of late. Reluctantly, she had agreed. "As a ruler, it's expected to be taking part in a lot of things pertaining to governing a nation. So I completely understand why Eddak would do so. It can be difficult to let others handle it...He was a great friend, and if there's a way for me to help with his legacy, then I will do so. It's the least that I can do for all that he's done for us."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Ailred gently took the tea, and whether it was hot or cold, sweet or plain, or any sort, he was gracious. Nodding in a pleased manner, he lifted it to take a sip. Ailred was not the kind of age in his race to be venerable yet, but how quick and how strong of stress that assaulted him from accepting the title of regent had wrinkled him enough to show. He was almost shaky in sipping his tea, but he was still strong. "I think the company has a bit too much on its plate. Namely, it does its own construction, while also building ships. So, while it builds a megastructure, a castle, and a sewer system, it also erects orbital stations and shipyards, which it continues with making its own ships. I think if we can relieve the construction branch of Galderra Royal Treasury, it will give us a lot more breathing room to grow, or to at least fund more growth and endeavors to bring the company to light. Especially to help the people." Ailred sat his tea down towards his legs as he pondered for a moment. "Eddak really didn't relinquish any command nor did me make any sort of ranking structure; I mean, it went from company employee, to Eddak, it went from footsoldier, to Eddak. He was like a madhorse driven with such... ferocity. When the man ...ahem, got going, he was gone in a flash," Ailred huffed a small smirk as he broke down his charismatic language to that of Eddaks local accent, now sort of missing it. "I'm actually very happy... that in this dark, cold space.... this galaxy... there are still beaming lights of hope that exist, even in the void. Like you, and Eddak."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little as she listened to [member="Ailred Vruumond"] while he made his proposal. It was hard to believe that any one company could do so much. Yet that also left them to be entirely self sufficient. But as he had said, it didn't allow for much growth.

"Some people keep themselves busy so that they don't have to think about other things too much." That's what she did these days. Kay worked a lot so that she had less spare time to worry about her family and how they were all seperated. At least her adopted son [member="Bradshaw Ku"] was back. During his travels, the playboy seemed to have grown up. Now he can carry on some responsibilities.

"We can help with construction, if you'd like."

To Ailred's comments on herself and Eddak being lights of hope, well, she wasn't entirely sure of that. "Some people view our neutrality as being evil, or at least sympathising with evil. That isn't really a stance that gives hope. But thank you..."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Ailred nodded, although he was starting to drift off into space before realizing he needed to get back down to business. Eddak, as they knew, was gone. He shouldn't be mullied over, he should be laid to rest. "Ehm, before we entirely get around to shutting some facilities down... and just dumping an entire major construction wing off to you with workers that need to keep their job.... I was wondering if the company could offer its services. Also, we would like to contract over some ship and vehicle designs to help your local workers so they don't have to depend on the government so much. I'm sure, and have absolutely no doubts, your planet is quite sophisticated and technologically advanced, but I was wondering if, by easing into handing over the construction wing, we start by improving any areas of Commenor that need addressing, in the way of, ehm, bringing the technology up to speed. Some places may have been over looked, some may not be exceedingly up to date, or areas less than necessary for upgrading. I don't dare say quality of life is bad on Commenor, but I believe it could improve it more. Even if that means a little icing on the greatest cake anyone has ever eaten, haha." Ailred smirked, trying to sound funny and trying his best not to sound rude or implying anything. "A global construction project, to bring the rest of the planet up to modern times. Of course, leaving the trees as they are. You wouldn't have an Ecumenopolis, like Coruscant, would you? Or... ehm, is that something you do wish for Commenor?"

Kay-Larr

"Oh I had no intention of sending your workers to unemployment. On the contrary, they'll be given the first opportunity to apply." It wasn't her way to have any sort of resentmemt built against her or her government. Takeovers of any industry can be regarded as hostile, and she wanted everyone to be treated fairly.

Kay listened to the furtjer proposal by [member="Ailred Vruumond"] , one that was given with great care to not offend her. She sipped her tea with an amused smile. "Different companies have different ideas, different ways of doing things. All of them are valuable to me. Just as I have a wide variety of people in my government and council, I also seek them out in different avenues, not only for Commenor, but for all of the worlds under our care. So yes, I'd be very open for ideas that they can come up with."

To his final questions, Kay raised a brow. "A...Ecumenopolis? I'm afraid that I haven't been to Coruscant very many times. It's far too busy of a planet for me."

[member="Lady Kay"]

"I do believe turning your world into a city planet would diminish its beauty, although it would give you immense industrial strength, an Ecumenopolis is not a world I would like to live on. Oh and, I did not think you would lay them off or make them lose their jobs, I implied there may be a hiccup before things picked up. I mean, with this soft transition of upgrading your planets utilities, they will continue to have jobs they can wake up in the morning and go to without waiting a day or a week or so on. New ownership of the wing would mean paperwork handing over, contracts to sign, shifting of equipment, settling on a new headquarters, stationing for the men. That would cause a considerable hiccup between having jobs to go to, aside from just having the title. I mean, as I said, wake up and go to work. Having a job to work on site. I want to make this easy for everyone. Which is why I also want to hand over some vehicles and ships. I've... created a list," Ailred slowly removed a datapad from his robe, located on the upper right of his chest, and handing it to her, "I hope you find these suitable. I will be handing them over to you," even though they wouldn't be produced by Galderra Royal Treasury anymore, they would still be alive, at least. "I do mean their designs. Some vehicles and ships that are already produced will also be sent over to Commenor for your use."

Soluble Shield - Co-Production and Affiliation rights
Galderra Mining Station - Full ownership transfer
Galderra Mobile Command & Construction Vehicle - Full ownership transfer
Wann Orbital Array - Full ownership transfer

Kay-Larr

"A city planet is not for Commenor either. There is so much beauty here, yet we are still able to maintain a fair level of industry. Balance is key."

She finished her tea and leaned back in her chair, glad that both herself and [member="Ailred Vruumond"] had come to an understanding in regards to the Galderran workers and her own. The smoother that everything transitions, the better.

A brow was raised as he handed her his datapad. She looked it over, now getting the scope of things. "Thank you...I'm sure that we could put it all to good use."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Ailred smiled as he took a breath, feeling like a lot of stress had been lifted from his shoulders. He felt better. And he was thankful to the Queen. He slowly took another sip of the tea she had offered him, being stuck in thought. "I...." he looked up, blinking, thinking about the tea. "I think... business is over," he gulped. He was thinking about Eddak. The tea, "the tea..." it reminded him of Eddak. "It's quite good, Queen Kay." Eddak always.... "Eddak always liked... tea..." He enjoyed... "That....." Ailred started to choke up. He stuttered, trying to breathe, shaking his head a little. "That damned fool... and his fizzy tea." He wasn't angry, but he was upset. His best friend was dead. "I never knew what it was like to have such a gracious friend. I had followers, believers, those who fawned over me but," he was a religious icon to his people, a savior. "But no one I could truly trust. He shielded my people from harms way, and he didn't even know us." Ailred was holding back so much grief.

Kay-Larr

Kay studied [member="Ailred Vruumond"] while he stammered and was barely able to finish a sentence properly. And then it hit her. The man was upset.

She felt so bad for him, having gone through such grief many times before. Usually she kept it to herself however. There was the chance that Ailred did too, but at this moment, his grief was brought out of him.

Kay opened one of the drawers of her desk and took out a hankerchief. She held it out to him so that he could wipe away any tears. "He was a great and honourable man. If there were many more out there like that, then the Galaxy would be a much better place." Or at least it'd be different. Honestly she wasn't sure of which she preferred. Yes she wanted to feel safe and protected, but she didn't want to be heavily restricted either. And there were some that would get angry at her whenever she was a bit rash or reckless.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Embarrassed, Ailred had only cried one other time, and it was when he was alone. He tried to keep them back, but the few that escaped he wiped with the handkerchief. He took a deep, quick breath as he tried fo stabilize himself and sit back up straight. "Thank you," he cleaned himself up and tried to look presentable before speaking. "Queen Kay, the people of Galderra will probably be joining Commenor System Alliance and see you as their High Queen. They are lost, and need Guidance."

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked in surprise at the sudden news that [member="Ailred Vruumond"] had given after he had composed himself. "Are they? But they are so far away...We could...still have a embassies, and help with the economy and work. The Galactic Empire is falling from their civil war. So you won't have to worry about them." That could be news to him, she wasn't sure. But it would be good news to Galderra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom