Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Blazeh

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Oldcity_zpsssivjctd.png

Vitashera Quarter
Coruscant

It was near the hospital in a the poorer part of town. Yet still the landing pad was full of the Corellian Frigates straight from warzones located all over the Core. The One Sith had been vanquished but their dominion was still fresh. Sentient were still dying all over. This was where the refugees came. This was where the healing started.

The Green Zone was home to the GA and NJO officers. A special cordon which allowed quick access to materials, bays, reflex scanners, and all sorts of vast electronic equipment. A special area, a privileged area. Situated nearer the shadow of the grand old hospital and it's overflowing poor. It was the calm before the storm.

Here. In the shady banners of another afternoon cityscape. Karen Roberts sat and listened. She was supposed to be writing up a report for the White Council but found herself drawn to the echoing speeches of the religious preachers just beyond the tall cordon fence. Their powerful message of hope was a bright light in these dark times. Messages of peace and of healing. Though these brave men and women could not touch the Force nor bind a wound or palsy with ethereal forces? Still the pure magic of their voices was able to uplift and to heal so many tired and wounded souls. Monica loved that. She loved that they healed with hope.

The Green Zone was ground zero to a joint GA and NJO humanitarian mission. Help these people. Help Coruscant. Saint Monica of New Prosperity sighed and stood up from her computer. With a nod to the Force and to the Gods of old. She smiled. She had a good report to deliver.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A hand ran over the sweat covered forehead of a young, tall, blonde woman beneath the Coruscanti sky. The rays, unhindered by clouds were strong on that day. Her hair had long since been tied back into a messy bun to keep her neck from becoming any worse off than need be. A light, flowing sundress danced through the air ever so gently in between passing breezes that were more than welcome as the girl worked. Case after case of medical supplies were taken off the shuttle that had come from the starport. Some larger than others contained equipment to replace that which was outdated or broken. The hospitals in the area were in dire need of replacement, a point that the government of old had never felt the need to address.

Meanwhile, the triage of refugees, injured, and sick were still in full swing, with more and more pouring in day after day. The rooms were already at and over capacity, with some having to make due with sleeping in the cafeteria until other space opened. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't perfect, but it was better than the alternatives. That much was certain.

"This is the last case, Toryn." Jamie said into the communicator, making her way towards the entrance of the lobby and to the turbo lift. "Taking the lift to floor 14 for delivery." A few moments of quiet passed before the baritone voice of a man came through. "Got it, Rose." Ever since the man had caught wind of her middle name it had replaced the preceding one in his eyes. It was a mild, playful irritation, one that she enjoyed hassling him over in turn. "Make sure you log it this time. And don't tell me you'll remember, we both know your memory sucks and I don't want to have to retrace the manifest again." A burly laugh echoed through before the man answered her, "Ya, ya. I've got it covered, little lady."

The blonde shook her head as she pressed the now illuminated 14 on the panel, the doors shutting promptly as the lift began to rise.

[member="Saint Monica"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ding.

The lift stopped on the 3rd floor and the doors slid open to accept another passenger. She was a tall, blue-haired woman, wearing a dark trench coat fashion. Perhaps a ridiculous ensemble given the heat of the day and the temperature of the afternoon, but the rubber cap and astronaut helm seal that surrounded the woman's neckline suggested that the outfit was something more advanced and wildly technological underneath. Perhaps even temperature controlled.

Details aside, Monica smiled to [member="Jamie Pyne"] as she entered the lift. Holding aside her busy clipboard and it's many green business envelopes. If Jamie was even half good with her ability to sense other Jedi Adepts? Well. She would then know immediately that this blue-haired and winterly-woman was indeed, a Jedi.

"Afternoon."

Monica turned and went to push the 14. Ah! But it was already alight. Interesting. I guess they were both going up.

Stepping to one side of the lift and tugging on the rather bulky crate to make a bit more room Jamie offered a warm smile to the additional occupant as the doors slid once again to a close. "Hi there!" Her voice was chipper and sunny, with a hint of her Nabooian accent prying its' way through. The vibrant hair of the notably much older woman was a bit of interest to Jamie, as it was rather uncommon for her to stumble across such a unique style and hue. Her outfit was more administrative looking, or perhaps it was scientific, Jamie wasn't entirely certain, but it was seemingly along those lines.

A familiar tingling sensation ran up through the small of her back to the hairline of her neck, to which she had begun to understand as the sensation she felt whenever in proximity to another Force user. Whether or not that meant Jedi, Sith, or simply sensitive she was still rather untrained in feeling, though typically a strong enough aura was enough for her to be pushed in a way, one direction or another. The woman beside her seemed to give the vibe of an inherent light side, which seemed to put the blonde at a measure of ease. The work being done here was far too important to be faced with another One Sith terrorist attack, just when things were getting on their way.

"I didn't expect to see a Jedi here."

[member="Saint Monica"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The woman beside her raised an eyebrow but didn't skip a beat,

"Well. There aren't many of us on Coruscant these days. That's true. Hehe."

She turned to admire [member="Jamie Pyne"] 's quick observation a bit more.

"Ah. But you knew that because of your own magic, didn't you. Mm. Clever girl."

Few could sense a Jedi so quickly, accurately, and with such modesty. Monica returned her gaze to the moving numbers above the door. Waiting just a moment before giving her name.

"Monica."

She flashed Pyne a cheeky little smirk,

"Of Denon. How do you do."

Monica's response to Jamie was enough to elicit a laugh from the younger girl. A quick nod and a lowering of her head out of respect came before she offered her hand out to the blue haired woman.

"Jamie. Naboo."

She paused for a moment, eyes gazing towards the floors as each illuminated as the pair ascended. 9 ... 10 ...

"I'm well, thank you. This is my first time on Coruscant. Despite the destruction and all, it's quite enchanting. Though I imagine for most Jedi it might seem difficult to return to such a place after the history."

11 ...

"But I figured the opportunity to see such a meaningful and historic place, coupled with the chance to make the world thrive, and its' people rebound from their suffering was more than enough to make the trip."

12 ... DING ... The doors to the lift opened as it came to a halt two floors before the 14th, though there was no passenger waiting. Perhaps they simply got tired and wandered off to find another. Once again the doors slid slowly to a close, a small vibration in the lift before it began to ascend.

[member="Saint Monica"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A fascinating introduction. Mm?

"Interesting. And what do you do for work, Lady Jamie?"

Karen waited for the elevator doors to close before pondering another thought. Honestly, there was no so much going on today it was any wonder that she could have a simple conversation at all.

Then once again the doors opened to the fourteenth floor. Karen stood aside to allow [member="Jamie Pyne"] to go first.

The girl shrugged. Work was a bit of a general term. Jamie didn't exactly work for credits. She didn't have need for them. Her family provided that aspect of comfort and luxury. "This, right now." She said as the doors opened to reveal the long corridor before them. "My parents back home are humanitarian ambassadors and royal court delegates." Pressing the small button on the side of the crate to engage the miniature repulsorlift the equipment began to slowly levitate at waist level, allowing Jamie to easily move it from the lift into the corridor.

"On Naboo I was a volunteer for this program that worked with underprivileged youth."

Occasionally she wondered what those kids were up to, hopefully they were well. Leaving them was the most difficult decision she had to make when deciding to dedicate herself to learning the Force. A small smile pressed her lips as she pushed the crate down the hall beside Monica.

"When I'm not training or studying I travel, places like Coruscant that are in need I do what I can."

[member="Saint Monica"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Training and study is the mark of a dedicated scholar. I salute you. The galaxy dearly needs more good people like yourself. Well done."

Karen smiled and followed [member="Jamie Pyne"] down the corridor for a moment. Then turning to an open office she paused to take her leave.

"Anyway. Have an excellent afternoon Lady Jamie. Adieu and God speed."

With a slight bow to her exit, Karen still had a report to deliver to Doctor Valamon.

Several days later...

The hospital had been overcrowded and understaffed as of late, with more patients than relief workers and aides to accommodate, but somehow, despite all the craziness, they made due. Those injured and sick were cared for, Jamie having come to know a great deal of their names and some even on a personal level through daily interactions. Some days were better than others. Some didn't make it. Some struggled. Some had lost hope. Her job was to ease their pain, take their mind off their injuries, make them smile, and generally help keep spirits up.

More often than not the children were far easier patients than the adults, likely due to their innocent nature.

Today was a bit different in terms of agenda however. Staff and volunteers had been invited to a gathering in the large cafeteria for a small recognition and thank-you party for all of the work over the past few weeks and months. The rebuilding of Coruscant had been difficult, but they were making progress each day, and their work was an important part of that process.

While Jamie was familiar with many of the patients, she wasn't too well acquainted with many of the other staff, and so kept relatively to herself, small talk here and there with some, but mostly sat by herself. She had a small datapad with her as she sat, a small cup of water beside her as she typed away a message to a certain somebody.

[member="Saint Monica"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom