Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Who We Are

Life had finally begun to return to the Fel Empire. New people, officers, recruits and even some that could use the Force were coming in. As the leader of the Imperial Knights, it was her job to ensure the Knights were trained and taken care of. For so long the halls had been empty without new arrivals. That had changed and here she was ready to greet the newest of the Knights.

Not one to wear traditional garb of any order, those days were in her past. The only real indications in her garb of belonging to the Empire were the blue scarf she had around her neck and the lightsaber on her hip. Her clothes were made of quality fabric and were unique to her.

A short, cropped shirt that was orange and loose pants that were of light material to allow her freedom of movement. Nothing covered her head and her hair was free flowing down her back. Small amounts on either side of her head rested on her shoulders.

Her attitude was free and relaxed. There was not a hint of stress or worry showing on. Inside, though, she was troubled. Not because of this meeting, however. Her future was in motion and she could not sense what was going to happen with any security. It should not be a worry or concern for these new people and Jairdain hoped it wasn't going to be.

Smiling at the new ones getting off the ship, one stood out to her through the Force. It also appeared, she had his attention and he approached her.

[member="Rocho"]

Rocho had dawned a vaguely less violent style for this day. He expected to be trained in the force and while to him that meant greater use of his abilities, he was aware it had a more philosophical approach to others. Still, there was a force pike in hand, and shotgun at his side, along with plenty of definitely necessary ammo for it. He was wearing a more official blue uniform however, excluding of course the lack of shoes. He didn't mind the outfit itself, and so was used to wearing it if he wasn't in armor which wasn't all that common.

His eyes quickly glanced to the woman...he could sense it. The force. One of the things he had picked up without training was awareness, it after all helped a great deal while hunting. Sensing the force itself however, that was a bit on the unusual side for him. But it was definitely there. He walked over with quick strides, no need to waste time, this had to be who he was to meet.

He nodded his head slightly, not really a bow, more like a sign of greeting, "I am Rocho Krul." He stated bluntly letting his tongue flicker for just a moment as he spoke again, "Is it you that I am supposed to learn from? As an Imperial Knight I mean. I believe I was going to be trained." it seemed fair to him that that was what he could say. He wasn't exactly given instruction on how to talk about it so even if it wasn't, not really his fault. He was a fighter not a diplomat. Besides, he thought that was fairly polite.

The other Knights under Jairdain started gathering some of the new arrivals and giving them instructions. None of them looked to Rocho though and he was free to approach the Grand Master.

Returning that nod, she tilted her head to the side slightly. While she could train somebody, it was rare she took on new arrivals. There were others far more suited to find the strengths and weaknesses in them than she was. Once some training happened, then some were sent to her for additional specialized training. One to go with the flow and take things as they came to her, she would do that now.

"I am Jairdain. Pleased to meet you, Rocho Krul. What training do you have already?"

If the answer was none that was fine and she would start at the beginning with him. On the other hand, if he already knew some things, then she could enhance his skills. Either way, it would work out.

[member="Rocho"]

[member="Jairdain"]

“Pleasures all mine.” Rocho responded before he let out a groan, “None.” He answered, “Just what I learned myself, like instinct. Strength, keener instincts, and under specific conditions, more focus. Best way I can describe them. Learned by experience, by hunting.”

Made sense to give a bit of explanation. Perhaps it would help in teaching him. The force had been an excellent tool so far and he knew full well how powerful Jedi and with were said to be, and since he hadn’t quite managed anything near that yet it had to have something to do with training. And experience had everything to do with that.

He looked forward to where this would take him, and while he would avoid any humiliating signs of being weaker or more inexperienced and asking for help, he had no issues admitting to being so.

His answer was at least an honest one and it brought a smile to Jairdain's face.

"Instinct can be quite powerful. So you are strong and observant. Are you a fighter then?"

Each question she asked was helping her to plan out his lessons. If he was a fighter, then there was not too much in that are she could teach him. Others would need to pick up the mantle from her, but that was why there were others. She might be the Grand Master here, but even she couldn't know everything. Her focus was in the Force and this was where she could guide Rocho.

"Let's walk and I'll show you where you will be staying. We can talk on the way."

[member="Rocho"]

[member="Jairdain"]
She seemed to like the answer, well that would make things much easier. "Yes I am, I was a hunter growing up. Parents passed so I started moving more into the area of bounty hunting for a few years. Had to join the military at a point though as required, which did certainly slow me down but I don't mind to much. More socially acceptable position certainly." he answered. Course it occurred to him he did still somewhat work as a bounty hunter on his own time, but that was for the Jagannath points, not as a job. The money was more like a bonus.

He nodded as she said they could walk and talk on the way, ​"I'm afraid I can't make much promises in regards to anything but my skills to fighting however. Haven't exactly managed to learn anything but what I mentioned on my own, so I have no clue what I am or am not capable of. I will certainly attempt to work for it however, I don't intend on failing the Scorekeeper."

"What is the Scorekeeper? I am very sorry, I do not know much about too many cultures and do not want to offend."

The people Jairdain had known as her parents while she grew up were also dead, so that tied them together slightly. When her world had died, she had not been present and avoided dying. Being blind she would not have been able to be in the military even if she wanted.

"So your people appreciated your position in the military?"

Leading the way to the novice rooms, she listened to what Rocho had to say and nodded when he admitted he wasn't sure what he could or couldn't do with the Force. Lifting a hand, not to stop him from speaking but to make a point on something, she had a thoughtful look on her face as she spoke.

"That is something we can discover together. If it is found you do not have a good amount of Force ability, but you are a good fighter, then you can be further trained in combat."

[member="Rocho"]

Her question about the Scorekeeper was not a surprise. She was not one many outside the Trandoshans seemed to know about, "A goddess, outside space and time. She judges us for our success and failures with Jagannath points. In the end, that shall decide our fate. Though, most believe this is exclusively in kills, I believe it is every success, and every failure. With the worst failure of all in her eyes to be captured alive by ones own target. Destroying all ones work in a moment." he explained shaking his head as he followed, as if in sadness for those who had fallen in such a way.

Her next question he had to put more thought into, "It is...not a common expectation among us. Some have grumbled about it, but others seem to see it as simply holding me back but up to me. I believe it can be a way to more success, and, of course, it is required by law anyway. As I have spent most my life under the Fel Empire. Doubtless I could leave but why break a law such as that?"

Rocho nodded on her following statement of his abilities. Doubtless, even if he could not progress much in the force. His skills might be able to be furthered. And that would be success enough in his mind.
[member="Jairdain"]

"I understand the concept of gods outside of space and time. The way I grew up, that is what I was exposed to. There is no god or goddess of my people quite like your Scorekeeper. Similar, but not the same. Of course, they have different names."

Even if he felt a little sense of sadness, Jairdain did not. The memory of her people shone through her and while their loss still bothered her from to time, that was not the case today. She didn't quite smile but did seem content with the conversation.

"This is not where I grew up so did not have to do the require military. Besides, I highly doubt that would have worked out very well."

Now she did smile just slightly. There was some humour in her tone and hopefully, by now Socho had realized the woman was blind.

"Here is the initiate area. There are rooms down that hallway and this is commons area. This is where you will eat and such. Go on and pick your room. I'll wait for you here and finish showing you around."

[member="Rocho"]

Fortunately she seemed rather accepting of the belief's, even mentioning similarity to her own. It was only after her mention of having not needed to join the military Rocho quite noticed the blindness of the eyes. All he had to go by though was the way they moved and looked, since so far, everything she'd done would have suggested otherwise. So to him, it was relatively irrelevant. If one could sense without them, they really weren't as important were they? He did have to wonder how it was she was doing it though. If it was a technique, he'd be most interested in learning it at some point. Though, probably after he'd learned other things. He felt his sight was perfectly fine right now and didn't expect blindness to be a very likely occurrence, not for him anyway.

She showed him the initiate and commons area, and said where the rooms were. He wondered if he'd actually be spending much time here to use it, there was a preference in his mind to his ship. But, if this would turn out more convenient, so be it. He nodded and stripped quickly down the hall, it took but a few seconds to choose one conveniently placed and empty before he strode back over,

"All good." He said simply, "I do have to wonder, how close is this to a soldier position? Or is it more among it's own design?"

[member="Jairdain"]

She waited while Rocho went to find a room for himself and was in the same place when he returned. He would find staying on the planet to be easier than on his ship. Anything he might need from it would be provided for him here.

As his training progressed, he might find the need to respond quickly at times and if he was on his ship, those alarms and alerts wouldn't reach him. Nor would he be able to respond as quickly from there.

He asked how close this would be to a soldier position and she shook her head slightly.

"Only once have I participated in any form of conflict here. It was during a time of civil unrest and upheaval. As a Knight though, we are expected to be present in as many things possible and give protection. So you're not so much of a soldier, but a bodyguard. There are times when there are specific Knight missions and you will be kept updated on those."

It was an answer and hopefully enough to satisfy him for now.

[member="Rocho"]

Indeed staying in base would be easier, whether or not it was more unfamiliar. But he had spent time in the military he'd just have to deal with it as he had before. It wasn't awful, just somewhat less familiar.

He listened as she answered his question on what the job was like. He had some qualms on the idea of bodyguard, it was not a terrible job and he could get used to it. Just felt like more could be done. But she did mention there were specific missions he could be involved in, so that made things easier. At least this was a way to grow, and that in itself was success he believed. Rocho nodded to himself, "Wonderful, thank you." he said. That was a plenty sufficient answer. He couldn't exactly think of much else to consider right now. He'd just have to follow through with his plans, learn to be superior, to grow in the force as he had in his physical skills. He had the power to grow, at least somewhat, enough for it to be more then just an enhancer, to actively appear in his life and in battle. Soon he hoped more abilities would open up to him like more skills had.

[member="Jairdain"]

"I feel there are going to be many opportunities and chances for you to learn and grow here, Rocho. This is just the beginning."

Jairdain felt every word she said was true. Her own beginnings were humble. Child of merchants and then she grew from there. Now she was almost royalty herself and worked one on one with many. She smiled at her newest student slightly and nodded as he did.

"So once you get settled into your day to day routine, please come and find me."

She assumed he would want to get settled in first before beginning any lessons. Many others started to fill the area around them and find the rooms for the initiates and Knights.

"I will see you then."

[member="Rocho"]

Rocho nodded. "Splendid, thank you." ​he responded. Soon he would go back to prepare.

Likely, the life would not be very difficult. He'd have to get used to it of course, but overall he doubted that it could be much more difficult then being in the military. For the most part Rocho had found some of the bigger difficulties were there restrictions he had in the military, and if this was a little lighter then that, then its would probably be much easier. The hard part would come with the training itself, not the lifestyle. But he very much was preparing to anticipate that.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom