Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Way of the Celestial Jedi

“I’ll make sure to pick out a room with a view.” She laughed before stepping out onto the mat

Feeling the way the Force moved was something Kaia was really good at. Sometimes being the only living thing around, she could feel how strong it was or how weak it was, based on where she was. Space did different things to the Force. And she had learned to work it in the desert, as it were. Watching the Master, as he removed the sash and spoke, she nodded. Stepping forward, she held herself, hands together, in a form of what she called a Tree Pose. As she was doing this, she was centering herself, calling the Force to her, and steadying her body, her center of gravity somewhere between her hips and her knees, but her feet firmly planted to the ground.

She started moving through a few motions against the training dummies, more martial than Force centric in nature, her poses and flow seeming more akin to water than anything else, where one move ended another started. She had some training in Shien. It was aggressive and rapid, but restrained and practiced. She had dispatched many pirates using this. As she kept moving, the Force would move through her, the dummies drifting as she was pulling an ancient trick out of her sleep, modifying the mass of her body, mainly her hands and feet.

Getting herself through the warm-up, she brought herself into another Tree Pose before watching the aged Master. Waiting for his judgement.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser

Tiland pace around the circle, scrutinizing movements and techniques as Kaia ran through her workout. He raised an eyebrow when they started to bob up and down. It was a technique he was not familiar with but certainly looked like it would have useful applications. She was skilled in her style, as much a master as he was. The thought amused him, because it meant that in that case, there was not that much he could teach her. Secret techniques alluring and often mysterious enough, but only situationally useful.

There was always room for growth, how. At last, once she finished, he nodded and slipped inside the ring, carrying another scarf. "Excellent, excellent. You are very skilled. Skilled enough to be considered a master of your style, I suspect, although I am not an expert nor an authority in styles beyond those I am trained in."

He held out one hand with the scarf to her. "Now let us practice together, shall we? You call the rules. We'll use blindfolds to make connecting to the Force easier to begin."

Moving through her motions, part streetfighting bar brawler, part military and ragtag Teras Kasi, enough for what she needed as a Warden of the Sky. However, she knew it was sloppy, and piecemeal, hence why she was a bit sloppier, but that was why she was here, wasn’t it? Master Tiland knew a whole different approach to the Force and martial arts. She needed that bit of help, and expanse in her knowledge.

When she watched Tiland enter the ring, she noticed the extra scarf with a bit of a smile. She had a bit of an idea of what he had in mind. “I mean, I’ve been a Warden long enough, hopefully I’ve learned what… what I need.” She took a second to breath. “Well, my skill is more defensive and striking in a way that shouldn’t be predicted. A hodgepodge as it were.” Running her hands back up into her long hair, she tightened her ponytail and took the mask.

“Rules? We go for hits and grapples? And first one to a take down?” She tied the scarf around her eyes.

Tiland stepped between the muk-jongs serving as the ring barrier and tied the scarf around his own eyes, listening. "Strikes and grapples, yes. And first to a takedown sounds like an excellent exercise." He breathed deeply and then released, letting his awareness flow outward, away from him, and encompass the room around him. Not that much. He pulled it back to circle the ring, sensing the wooden training posts and Kaia's presence and a sensation of her current state.

The rest was dark, which was fine. It helped keep the focus. Maintain the training. The old Anzati raised his arms in front of him, fists loosely closed, legs bend at the knee and lowered himself. He slowed his breathing and silenced it. Instead, he focused on the slightest sounds. Scuffing fabric. Shoes that scraped on the smooth wooden floor. Arms through the air.

One foot at a time, he began to shuffle his way around the edge of the ring, getting used to the sensations of his own movement and robes.

"Let's begin."

Kaia was not like her brother. She knew that they were starting to have a different… experience. She loved her brother, and loved him deeply. But the pair had grown into different paths in life. Jared was going to be making his own path, he was the Unifying Force, she was the Living. That was why she was training here, that was why she was working into expanding her Warden of the Sky. The woman was watching the one she was calling Master. The young Warden smiled.

As the Master closed his own eyes, and Kaia had her hands in front of her, she was reaching to fill the room, and she was one of those that was fairly decent at that. The young woman was a Starchaser and she was a Warden, filling a small location, a starship, for instance, was part and parcel to her whole gig. The dark haired girl smiled as she took one step and another, listening for Tiland. The Warden had a smirk on her face.

When she heard the call to begin, she smiled and nodded. Stepping forward, she took a one two step forward, a one to the left and came down with her right hand towards his shoulder.

==============

Tiland balanced lightly on his feet, head tilted slightly to one side, and his body relaxed. He bobbed up and down slightly, but not by much, and a faint smile flickered across his face. The Force flowed through him, rippled around the two combatants, interlinking them with the Force that surged through the entire world around them. Every rustle of cloth, every scrape of boots, every shift in breath rang in his ears.

First came the two steps, scraping softly on the stone, and then ripple of cloth. He let the Force and his instincts take over. Not that he knew what the moves were going to be, or how they were acting, but he let the Force guide him anyway. As the unseen left came forward, followed by the also unseen downward strike towards his shoulder, Tiland slid to his left and pivoted, so the first stroke passed directly in front of him, continuing the shift towards Kaia.

His left arm came up, aiming to catch Kaia's right arm in a vise between forearm and bicep, while the right came up in a straight, open-palmed jab towards the side of her head accompanied by a half-step forward with his left boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom