Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wargames[Crinan Military]

[member="Irina Calvarona"] [member="Decimus Meridius"] [member="Titus Gothicus"]

Rodica

Or more specifically, Sector A-152 in the middle of winter, was to be the site of many wargames, and in fact had already been the combat zone for several Imperial Stormtrooper companies engaging in practice maneuvers once before. Now this time it would be utilized by the Crinan military forces conducting their own training exercises. Certainly that was plenty of space on Crina as well to perform these activities, but the fact that Rodica was mostly uninhabited and already had a zone set aside by the military for such operations made everything much easier. At least for enacting battles in different wildlife conditions. For urban strategies they would have to undergo their training elsewhere.

This battle being put together for wargame exercises was rather interesting though. It was to field test the new Crinan Power Armor for their new combat division, the Crinan Knights. The power armor was meant to be a technology designed to enable soldiers to fight on even footing with the power of force users in the outside galaxy. The displays of power in the Tournament of the Gods in which the second princess had entered, along with the tales from the devastating monsters employed by the One Sith, prompted such a technology to be created. Utilizing Crinan designs and powered with force crystal focused generators, the Power Armor was meant to enhance the users strength to keep them on par with the abilities of a force user in empowered speed and physical prowess. It also bore a shield generator unit just like all other Crinan combat armor, and was also equipped with jump jets for low atmosphere deployment and quick maneuverability around the battlefield in short bursts on a low but rechargeable power source. Each Crinan knight also bore a wrist mounted blaster cannon and proportioned Crinan Energy sword to their armor's size. It was armor on par with that of the Royal Guard's though it did not use phrik due to the metal's scarcity.

This would be its debut test run in these wargames.

Thus to that end on one side of the exercises the commanding officers were a pair of Crinan Nobles immersed in military affairs who would command the new Crinan Knights along with a full deployment force. They would be pitted against Crina's First and Second Princesses accordingly, Irina and Alva Calvarona, who would command a similarly sized and equipped force. However, rather than the Crinan Knights they had a small contingent of Practitioners, Crina's magic users, among their forces, led by Master Sorina Alexia, the young prodigy Practitioner some considered to be the best. In this capacity the Knight power armor would be tested against magic users whose abilities came closest to those of the Jedi or Sith to gauge if it could keep up in the midst of battle.

However, along with the power armor and Practitioners both forces would be replete with:

An equal strength Battalion unit composed of two mechanized companies, one armored company, one infantry company, and one reconnaissance company. All Personnel are equipped and proficiently trained in the use of the Cold Assault doctrine and are issued the basic gear.

Mechanized Company
4 Infantry Platoons: 38 Infantry per platoon (36 troopers, 2 officers); 4 Bixi Artillery Walkers per platoon; 4 AAS-Ts per platoon; Each squad is equipped with a missile launcher or a repeating blaster.

Infantry Company
1 Ronto Command Walker, 300 infantry (48 Troopers, 2 Officers), 12 Crinan Knights, 8 Tripod-repeating blasters, and 8 portable missile launchers

Reconnaissance Company
Heavy Recon Platoon: 12 Quad Recon Speeders - 2 Crew members per QRS; 24 total Personnel; 24 ARC-1 Patrol Droids
Light Recon Platoon: 38 Infantry; 38 74-Z Speeder Bikes; 4-Tripod repeating blasters; 4 portable missile launchers

Armor Company
4 Tank Platoons with 9 Kath Hound Battle Tanks per platoon; 4 crew members per tank; 36 tanks total; 144 total personnel;

All Infantry sport Crinan Royalist Combat Armor and bear a blaster carbine and energy sword as standard weapons.

There was snow on the ground of the sector now, it was in a winter climate this time of year. Alva wasn't so sure she liked the idea of it under the circumstances. Crinan Infantry armor was white, it would blend in, and with so many trees in the vast forested region it was already an ambush nightmare for either side's forces in this wargame if they tried to send strike teams to each other's base camp starting points through the woods. With the snow adding on top of it it was going to be harsh finding hidden snipers and the lack. Although since you'd only be tagged out rather than killed it wasn't so bad. Plus because it would happen under this setting it might prevent a similar mistake from occurring on a real battlefield.

Nonetheless, as Alva watched the Ronto Walker form the core position of their encampment she wondered who would make the first aggression. Probably not her and her sister unless Irina disagreed about taking a defensive formation and settling in for the long hall of acquiring information before striking out. For now though she watched her forces exit their dropships and transports as they merely got ready for the exercise. No action would be starting just yet. Everyone was getting a short time to make sure they had their allotted equipment first.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
The hard packed snow crunched under the weight of his black combat boots as he walked the line of troops. His inspection was essential to the survival of his troops and though this was a war game he did not believe in taking lightly his duties nor his titles. His red photoreceptor eye a recent addition to the aged Legate's hard visage. The battalion's commanding officer walked beside him as he regarded them with his critical eye.

"Are your troops prepared commander?" Meridius asked the first Mechanized comapny commander.

"Yes, my lord Meridius. We have double checked our equipemnt and ensured that everthing is in order."

"Is that so?" The aged officer said pulling his saber and pointing at bixi artillery walkers and then the AAS-T's, "these are untested in direct engagements commander. The AAS-T is primarily a surface to air weapon the main gun is less effective against ground troops and small ground speeders. I want you to keep very careful track of their performance. I will be giving a report to the prin-cess when we conclude. As for the Bixi, keep them to the rear for now and have their crew record everything just as with the AAS-T. Is that clear Co-mmander?"

"Perfectly, my lord."

The Duke replaced his saber and marched on through the snow his officer's armor shielding him from the cold. He conveyed his orders to the second mechanized company and continued his troop inspection. The new Crinan knights were his final stop before returning to the new Ronto class command walker.

The Knights armor was truly an excellent design. They were made from durasteel, duraplast, desh, duranium coating, with a ballistic weave inner bodysuit. It was classified as a powered armor as was his own officer's armor but with the goal of battling the magic weilders of the greater galaxy. Heretics in Decimus' personal opinion but it was not time for that.

"You." He said singling out a knight, "List your armor's features."

"Yes my lord." The knight said looking straight ahead, "Crinan knight armor features a light shield unit, advanced heads-up display, electronic counter measures package and short range jump jets. In addition the wrist mounted repeating blaster, Crinan energy blade and strength enhancing servos make the armor a formidable piece of equipment, my lord."

"Very good, and are you equal to it."

"Yes my lord."

"Good man. For the monarchy."

"For the Monarchy, my lord."

[member="Alva Calvarona"] [member="Irina Calvarona"] [member="Titus Gothicus "]

The mountains were lovely to gaze upon this time of year. Unfortunately, that was also the worst time of year to set upon the enormous diamonds of snow, which the resistance fighters seemed to have taken advantage of. They--or, at least, a few of them--were hiding somewhere above and undoubtedly had created rather simple but devastating traps that had set back the First Princess' efforts to eradicate all traces of that scum from her kingdom. Their kingdom. It was all a matter of perspective.

Cloaked in the most prim and polished military coat that could be found within the Imperial Remnant, Irina Calvarona folded her arms across her chest to keep just a little bit warmer, her sleeves covering the various medals and insignia of honor that she had not so much earned as inherited. She would be lying if she claimed that she did not at least appreciate being able to get power the easy way, simply by being born 'great'. She was going to keep her kingdom, and she was going to do everything within her currently limited power to enable her to do so.

With national security at the forefront of her political-military mindset, Princess Irina was absolutely in favor of these games. It just was not enjoyable, being subject to this horrendous weather. Yes, it snowed on Crina as well. But this just seemed a little more than she was willing to toughen out. But she had to save face a little and give the troops enough reason to believe that she was more than just some figurehead or slave to Imperial pomp over function. Shivering, the heiress of Crina stepped off the Kath Hound tank and into the grim, dirty-white snow that buried the earth.

She was instantly saluted by the entirety of the troops in the vicinity, making way for the First Princess of Crina as she moved to assess the soldiers. There was not much she cared to do at this time besides take a few fleeting glances around herself, observing the frosted state of the men and their machinery. Everything seemed to be in moving condition; none of the troops had died. It was all fine to her, as long as her commanders approved. She was never much of a micromanager--just an iron-fisted macromanager. They did their jobs, and she would keep to hers.

"Hail Crina," she breathed.

"Hail Crina!" the troops responded, apparently having paid close attention to her lips--as they were trained to. It was a little awkward to attain that sort of status, but Irina supposed it kept everything in order, as it should be.

With that, she saluted the collective platoon and turned about on her heel. Trying to make haste--but not look like she was making haste--for the Kath Hound tank, the future monarch of Crina crunched through the frozen water crystals, hoping there would be hot kaf inside the vehicle, and wondering what Alva was up to. She wanted to win this little fake battle with her sister, but above that, she wanted to stay warm.

[member="Decimus Meridius"], [member="Alva Calvarona"] [member="Titus Gothicus"]

[member="Irina Calvarona"] [member="Decimus Meridius"] [member="Titus Gothicus"]

Alva spotted Irina just as she was wondering where her older sister had went off to. Apparently the First princess had taken to traveling about the camp atop one of the Kath Hound tanks, either inspecting the troops or looking for her as well. Regardless, whatever the case may have been, Alva had found her sister now and intended to discuss their strategy as quickly as possible. So without further delay she approached the vehicle her elder sibling was riding on top of before the primary princess could enter it. "Irina, I've been looking for you. I wanted to run through the basic strategy we would be running for the upcoming wargame. There are a few things in mind I believe we should lead with."

Climbing onto the moving tank to join Irina, the second princess took a deep breathe before going into the plan she had in mind whether her sister was ready or not. "So in my opinion I think we should take a defensive position here. We have an escape route in the hills behind us and they make great positions to station sniper teams and the artillery walkers in case our enemy attempts an attack. We can deploy several of our infantry units and tank brigades to run patrols around the parameter and have them in key positions on standby where the enemy would likely come from to attack us. However, I don't think we should be completely idle either. Our opponent can and likely will travel through the forests or across the open fields or both to reach us, I don't think they'd take the route all the way around to flank us, that would take quite a long time and since I doubt they'd attack us without scouting us out first we could already be attacking their base of operations before they fully make the trip. I believe the most intense fighting will happen in the woods because it is the quickest way between either base camp's relative location, but since its so dense getting vehicles through there would be difficult. So in my opinion I think we should deploy our recon groups with some infantry support to check out the woods, and maybe get a clear sight on the enemy's base layout. They shouldn't engage unless they run into our foe's own scouts in the woods, and if it gets hairy that's why I want a few combat ready infantry squads not far behind our scouts. It would also be prudent to have our recon teams set up some sensor posts in the open fields so we can tell if the enemy will bring their mechanized company through there, and maybe deploy some paint mines beneath the snow as well to catch a few of them off guard. And in the woods I think if we can get some trenches made a third of the way in and set up a few squads with their tripods we can keep our opponent from a massive infantry advance there. Speed is of the essence so if these sound alright we need to deploy the teams appropriately now, any tweaks needed go ahead and make them, but I want our teams setting up their equipment and getting into positions quickly before the enemy beats us to it."

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
Mechanized Company
4 Infantry Platoons: 38 Infantry per platoon (36 troopers, 2 officers); 4 Bixi Artillery Walkers per platoon; 4 AAS-Ts per platoon; Each squad is equipped with a missile launcher or a repeating blaster.

Infantry Company
1 Ronto Command Walker, 300 infantry (48 Troopers, 2 Officers), 12 Crinan Knights, 8 Tripod-repeating blasters, and 8 portable missile launchers

Reconnaissance Company
Heavy Recon Platoon: 12 Quad Recon Speeders - 2 Crew members per QRS; 24 total Personnel; 24 ARC-1 Patrol Droids
Light Recon Platoon: 38 Infantry; 38 74-Z Speeder Bikes; 4-Tripod repeating blasters; 4 portable missile launchers

Armor Company
4 Tank Platoons with 9 Kath Hound Battle Tanks per platoon; 4 crew members per tank; 36 tanks total; 144 total personnel;

All Infantry sport Crinan Royalist Combat Armor and bear a blaster carbine and energy sword as standard weapons.

Decimus took position on his personal command post near the ronto walker and began looking at the map. His aged yet sharp eyes took in the terrain.

"Co-mmander, Send the Heavy recon platoon forward into the forest to scout and engage advanced troops if encountered. The light recon platoon should circle around the hills and use the mountains to get high ground. Have them set up sniper positions and the portable missle launchers to target the opponent's artillery wallers (4 of my post to complete)."

He pointed to the open field and the gap between them.

Move two bixi's forward with 38 platoons of infantry forward toward the open field to begin the assault. 150 platoons of infantry need to follow into the forest as soon as the heavy recon platoon reports. Have the remaining 150 platoons work on digging us in. I want mines laid on our perimeter a 200 and 300 meters from our front line troops. The front line should be 300 meters from our armored comapany. Have a fall back trench dug 100 meters with 4 tripod repeaters behind the first and another parallel to the armored company."

"Have the AAS-T'S form a semi circle around the two rear bixi's and the ronto comand walker. I want six Crinan knights with the forest infantry, two with the light recon platoon, 2 with the armor and two with the heavy recon platoon. All armor will be prepared to move on my order."

"Aye, Legate." The commander responded.

Decimus walked out to the ronto walker and climbed in to observe from the higher vantage point.

[member="Alva Calvarona"] [member="Irina Calvarona"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom