Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Warden of Nothing

SCGcxdj.png

K A R J R

Tag: Reeve Bralor Reeve Bralor | Vren Rook Vren Rook

The Enclave. Mid-day.

The Karjr round table that Siv sat at was barely lit, except for the glowing holoprojector sitting in the center of the room and the ambient lighting that was afforded by the wide, circular mess hall. On the modified puck-board was the bust of a heavily-built Gamorrean, with large tusks and an exceptionally brutish visage, even for a species known for its bluntness and tendency towards menace. Underneath was biographical and other important information concerning the target, written in both Galactic Basic and Mando'a.

Siv's eyes narrowed under his helmet as he read the job description. The Gamorrean seemed to have a nice little posse holed up with him on Kooriva. One Gamorrean was one thing, but a whole troupe meant a not-so-fun firefight. At least, not-so-fun if he didn't have any extra blasters on his side to back him up. Quickly thinking, he shot a text-comm inviting one of the Mandalorian marshals that he knew would be up and running this time of day, and who'd recently returned from an excursion: Vren Rook.

But as he set the communications device down, he knew that even Vren Rook's blaster might be a little underwhelming for this mission. Gamorreans were tough; not all hope is lost tough, but tough enough that dealing with them was a pain. Even if he had a second. What he needed was a third.

But who'd want to do that?

yrwyQLx.png

K A R J R

Tag: Vren Rook Vren Rook , Siv Dragr Siv Dragr

Mandalorian Enclave hallways

“Come on Yin,” Reeve said in exasperation to his comlink. “I’ve been with the Enclave for like, a day. Do you honestly think people want some unblooded greenhorn tagging along on their patrol?”

He was walking down one of the many long hallways of the Enclave and didn’t notice how barren it was today. That wasn’t saying much though, he tended to only notice things that interested him. At present, his attention was split between his conversation and sifting through tasks needing to be completed around the Enclave for maintenance via a holo interface on his gauntlet. The work needed to be done, sure. But it was all small time. None of it would pay enough to get him his own ship.

Truth be told, he had been with the Enclave for a couple of years now. But it still felt like he was just another pretender posing as a Mandalorian because he had a set of Beskar’gam. The entirety of his prior life had consisted of finding his own way from meal to meal. It was just that Reeve wasn’t used to being able to depend on anyone, let alone a group of people to protect or provide for him. He just didn't know how to be a part of something bigger than himself.

But he had goals.

Since being welcomed to clan Bralor, Reeve found less and less that he was having to scavenge tech from waste bins. He was taking jobs that actually paid him what he was worth. Enough to not only eat, but purchase new equipment as well. It wasn’t the best gear, but it wasn’t broken when he got it either. Even saying that though, he didn’t have enough credits to open a shop. A shop would bring him more credits and notoriety among his new people. Not to mention the opportunity to prove his worth. But a shop required a space to work, and given his affinity for violence as well as creation, that space needed to be mobile. That meant a ship. And a ship needed credits.

Yin Bralor had pretty much saved Reeve’s life, back in the day. That was, he’d shown Reeve a possible path and let the younger man make a choice. Reeve had simply chosen to take that path and line it with detonite charges behind him.

“Look kid. You need work. You aren’t worthless in a fight, just offer your services to some of the more experienced Karjr and see if you can tag along. You wont get higher end assignments until you prove yourself. And stop wallowing, you are far from unblooded or green. You just need to learn how to play with others.”

Reeve stopped as he passed by a certain room. He slowly poked his head in and had an unconscious smile fueled by wonderment as he looked in on the Quartermaster's forge. It was quiet at the moment and the Quartermaster was absent but just looking at the forge got Reeve excited. To be able to create some of the most recognizable and feared armor in the galaxy from nothing but a small rectangle of metal...

It spoke to him.

He breathed a sigh through his nose and continued on his way, picking up the conversation again. “What do you mean? I play great with other people!”

“I remember Mon Gazza, Reeve.”

Reeve winced behind the shroud of his helmet. Yeah that had been bad. “Hey. That was an accident.”

But Yin remained stoically unconvinced, “You hospitalized a group of mercs, who were on
our side.”

“They shouldn’t have made fun of my- you know what? It doesn’t matter. The job got done and they lived to be idiots another day.”

“Point stands vod.”

He sighed again. “Fiinnnneeee. I’ll see what’s around. Talk to you soon.”

And then he rounded the last corner as he closed the transmission, heading to the Karjr table. If he was going to find a job to tag along on, that would be the place.

Of course, when he turned into the room he was taken off guard by the Gamorrean staring back at him from the center of the holo table. “Whoaaaa that’s ugly!” he exclaimed, coming to a stop.

It was then that he realized he wasn’t alone in the room. He switched his helmet speaker to silent so that he could speak to his assistant without being overheard. “Okay Ziggy... who are we dealing with here?”

His onboard virtual intelligence quickly started scanning the other Mandalorian in the room. Reeve’s visor blinked with an agenda of its own as the other man’s armor highlighted piece by piece as Ziggy ran the visual profile. An instant later, an Enclave profile or Karjr member Siv Dragr appeared to the left of Reeve’s HUD. He quickly scanned the information and couldn’t control his eyebrows creeping a bit higher than normal.

Well. Okay. Yeah, he’ll do.

Reeve switched back to open comms and shifted awkwardly to his back foot. “Hey there! That’s uh. He’s pretty nasty lookin...You uh? Gonna bounty- uhh. Gonna take h- erm.”

The younger Mando cleared his throat and shifted more awkwardly between folding his arms over his chest, planting his fists on his hips and pointing at the image between the two of them. “You want some, help? With... that?”

Very smooth Reeve... now he thinks you're a manic idiot.

“Name’s Bralor, by the way.” He cleared his throat again and took a step closer to Siv, clearly making his voice a bit deeper to try and sound more confident. “Reeve Bralor. Nice to meet you, sir.”

He offered a hand of greeting and realized that was stupid and instead offered a lazy salute.

As if that was better.

enclavebanner_1.png

TAG: Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Reeve Bralor Reeve Bralor

Ping!

The comm chimed as a text came through while Vren got off his speeder on Roon. Taking a look at it before we walked in the Enclave, he scoffed. Seriously?

Picking up a pebble, he walked into his second home and made his way through the corridors towards the mess hall. It was oddly quiet. Most of his fellow Mando'ade were out doing Hoth knew what. His rocket boots echoed through the empty halls. It was eerie. But eventually he reached the mess hall.

And threw the pebble at Dragr's helmeted head.

"You seriously can't do anything without me, can you?" he teased as he walked into the room. He then noticed another vod standing just inside, ogling at the ugly Gamorrean on the holo projection. "Bralor, right? Well met." Vren told him, removing his own helmet as he approached the table at which Siv was sitting. "What are we doing, Dragr?" he asked as he sat down and leaned back in his chair.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

SCGcxdj.png

K A R J R

But who'd want to do that?

Siv's question was answered soon enough, by an awkward and stumbling Vod who was evidently trying to impress. Or come off as cool. A lot of the younger, unblooded Mando'ade tended to do that, and even Siv had tried to act to impress in his youth. It grew out with time, so Siv didn't fault the younger Mandalorian and instead waited for his stammering to cease before beginning. "Bralor." He stated, repeating what Reeve had said. "The name is Siv. Dragr," he added, inclining his head.

He was about to accept Reeve's offer when he felt a small impact on the side of his helmet. The telltale voice of an old friend let him know soon enough who'd thrown the mini projectile: Vren Rook, blooded veteran with a notorious, talkative mouth. "If I recall," Siv retorted cooly, "it was I who made sure you didn't drown after that ocean wyrm sliced your beskar'gam open," Siv said. He turned his helmet back to face the younger one. "An extra blaster would be helpful, yes."

He beckoned both of them closer to the holotable, inputting a key before the static holo-image began to scroll. "Our target is a former Gamorrean hitman-turned-minor crime boss making trouble in the underbelly of Kooriva. He has some connections -- information is spotty, but it looks like he may even have a few networks that intersect with the likes of Black Sun or the Hutt Cartel holdouts. Essentially, expect a lot of firepower from the opposing side," he finished, looking back and forth between the two. "Any questions? Or can we get this show on the road?"

yrwyQLx.png

K A R J R

TAG: Vren Rook Vren Rook | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr

Okay so everyone is super laid back about me being new-ish. Alright, that makes things a bit easier.

Reeve was about to open his mouth to the missile launcher that showed up to throw rocks but was taken slightly aback when the man already knew who he was. Ziggy didn’t need prompting this time, he was still in analysis mode. So when the HUD stopped flashing over armor plate silhouette, Reeve got a second Enclave file in his left peripheral as one Vren Rook. Both men weren’t exactly legendary Mandalorians, but they were known well enough around the Enclave. That suited Reeve right to the bones.

“I’m - yeah hey. Well met and stuff.”

Very smooth...

But he snapped back into the present as Dragr laid out what they knew and asked for questions.

Having less than what one would call a formal education, Reeve raised his hand. It was an awkward moment of silence and he could almost
feel the eyebrows arching behind Siv’s bucket. Hard to say though of course, due to the man’s face being completely concealed. But then, so was Reeve’s.

He put his hand down slowly and glanced between the two men before continuing.

“Erm. Anyway. I know you said information was limited but even the smallest detail might help us end up not shot. Do we know the building that-” He leaned in closer to holo display to read some of the information listed near the bottom, “Snortout Un.. Seriously? His name is Snortout? Wow, I’d want him taken out too.”

Reeve cleared his throat through an amused cough and continued. “Uhh. Do we know what building Snortout is holed up in? Or are we doing this straight up street fight and sling a wall of bolts at the guy as soon as we see him? If he’s in a fortified building, I could probably get us in quietly through a backdoor if you give me a few minutes when we arrive. Sometimes quiet is preferable to all out war when you are outgunned, you know?”

It wasn’t that the youngest Mando present had a problem with fighting. Quite the contrary in fact. He just liked stacking the deck in his own favor when going into unknown situations. The fact was, he only packed a couple of blaster pistols that would deter most humanoids, but would mean less to a mob of angry Gamorreans.

enclavebanner_1.png

Vren scowled at Siv.

"Oh you give yourself way too much credit, Boo-boo." he then teased Dragr. "That honour goes to Onara. You were having way too much fun with Ortega to notice little ol' me drowning." he mockingly pouted before resting one leg on the other and looking at the fugly mug on the holo. "What he do?" he then asked.

Siv went on to give a brief briefing that actually gave Vren all the info he needed. Knowing there was a lot of firepower where this hog was holed up, was more than enough for the Karjr. But it seemed the kid had some questions. Vren's brow arched and a smirk spread on his face as he watched Bralor raise his hand. Yet he listened as the lad spoke.

When Reeve had finished, Vren leaned forward.
"First off, you're Mando'ade are you not?" he asked with a smile, but held up his hand to stop the younger man from answering. "Second, seeing as we're up against a firing squad if we go in through the front door, I think we can manage a nice, sneaky entrance through the back, hey?" he asked, looking at Dragr on the other side of the holo. "I know you like to make a show of things, Vod, We blowing chit up like Life Day fireworks or we taking a new angle?"

He then got up and put his helm back on. So much for a drink.
"So ladies, shall we? We have some shopping to do." he said, the smile evident in his voice through the helmet.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

SCGcxdj.png

K A R J R

"Hm," Siv grunted after Reeve offered his assistance, ignoring Rook's jabs and teases. Truth be told, Siv had very little information on what kind of hidey-hole that Snortout had decided to crawl into. But knowing Kooriva from his past work as a Hunter, it had a pretty general proliferation of technology that could mean someone looking for defensive measures would have access to any high tech.

But, Vren beat him to the punch, stating he'd rather take the explosions and fighting over sneaking around. Siv didn't retort, just merely stated what he knew to be factual. "If his previous actions are anything to judge by, at the first discharge of a blaster the Gammorrean'll be whisked away before you can say Chit. Stealth will be our strength here." He stood up, collecting the holoprojector with him and storing it in his utility belt, making to turn to head towards the hangars to board his fighter. But he turned around for one moment.

"And from my experience, I'd always take fewer blasters over more," He stated pointedly to Vren. He then nodded towards Reeve. "When we get there, Bralor, do what you have to do."

yrwyQLx.png

K A R J R

TAG: Siv Dragr Siv Dragr | Vren Rook Vren Rook

Was he a Mando? What kind of question was that? Of course he was! He had the armor and everything!

As soon as the thought crossed Reeve’s mind he chastised himself mentally. Those were exactly the kinds of insecure thoughts that someone pretending to be a Mandalorian would have. Pretenders pretended. Real Mando’ade knew. That included the one in question. If you were, you knew.

While the question may have been in jest from Vren, Reeve realized in that moment that he still had some proving to do. In the long run, he didn’t care what everyone else thought. People would always doubt no matter how hardcore or talented he was. It was the way of the strong. To question those who tried to enter their arena thinking they were worthy. They were temporary.

Reeve needed to prove it to himself. Prove that he had earned the right from clan Bralor to wear the armor, to take the name. Yin had named him “Naast” Bralor when he’d donned the armor the first time. Naast, The Destroyer, because Reeve had left a smoking crater of his past when he chose to move on from Nar Shaddaa and the trauma that had been his childhood. But that was just it, wasn’t it? Everyone had a story. Everyone had a traumatic past. Reeve was no different there.

Most heroes in the vids didn’t start from happy families and ideal circumstances. Not that Reeve himself had anything like a hero complex. He couldn’t care less about saving people or standing up for the little guy. Young Bralor just wanted to know who he was, and to have a cause to call his own. To find meaning in his work. To share his triumphs and defeats with people he could call family.

Mostly, he just wanted to belong somewhere.

The joke had been meant to be amusing. But Vren would likely never know how deep such a simple question could cut through the armor Reeve wore. It wasn’t intentional. And Reeve himself hadn’t even known that the gap in that armor existed until that very moment. Not on the level he was currently thinking about it.

All of these thoughts flashed across his mind in the span of a few short breaths, that Siv was thankfully filling with anything beyond silence. While he listened, Reeve collected himself mentally, straightened his back to his normal posture and folded his arms over his chest.

“Oya! I got your six boss. Just get me to the target. But um, just. One. More question though.”

Reeve flipped his visor between the two men, pointing at either in turn with uncertainty.

“Uhh... are we gonna, carpool or...? I don’t have a ride. So... who is driving?”

enclavebanner_1.png

Vren could not help but chuckle.

The kid had some spunk that Vren really enjoyed. He stopped in the door and looked back at Reeve.
"You can ride with me. If you ain't scared of some speed, that is." he said, still smiling behind his helm. He then looked at Siv. "Dragr, if you need a drink to loosen that brow, just say, vod." he teased before giving a two finger salute to his broody friend. "I'll meet y'all outside before we head over to the hangar."

He ducked out of the mess hall and made his way to the armoury to stock up on some more ammunition. Not that his slugs and gas canisters were low by any chance. But rather safe than sorry. As he stood in front of his locker while he grabbed his Verpine rifle as well, he looked at the Pulse Cannon deciding if it was worth bringing that as well.
"Eh, why not?" he mused before grabbing the PC-02 and slinging it over his shoulder as well and grabbing a bunch of power cells.

He frowned. He was beginning to think that he had a gun addiction.

Not that he would do anything about it, though.

Lugging the bunch of firepower, he made his way out of the Enclave towards his speeder. After strapping everything in, he leaned against the saddle, examining his fingers.
"Do I need to get you two grandpas some walkers to help you along on your endeavour to find a speeder?" he asked over the comms as he checked the time. Snortout won't be sitting around forever. Not with the amount of upheaval in the Galaxy currently.

Tarsunt_Plain123.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom