Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warcraft: The Beginning - Gul'dan Featurette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM9XW_9AT6I​
I know there's other featurettes for other characters in the upcoming Warcraft movie, but Gul'dan has always been one of my fav characters from the lore and I am excited to see him on the big screen when the movie is released to theaters.​

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

I loved the old Warcraft III days.

The custom games were so much fun at the time, I was a much bigger fan of the RTS than the MMO (totally not because I couldn't afford it back then).

I'm a little meh they show Llane instead of Terenas, since we know Llane dies before the Alliance is formed. (WC II)

Khadgar and Lothar looks cool. I'm a little. . . . disillusioned they're making the orcs good/bad and I feel they're trying to end the story in one movie. Like I don't think they should turn the Human/Orc wars into several films, but I mean they could follow the lore a little bit more so it makes sense if the film is successful so they might do something with Arthas and the Lich King.

The story is from the original Warcraft game, Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

And in the lore the Orcs were generally decent until Kil'jaeden discovered the Draenei were on Draenor and seduced Gul'dan to form the Horde and have the Orcs drink demon's blood, save for the Frostwolves because they knew that some shady stuff was going on.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

I know that, the trailers look like they're showing the whole Alliance though. I guess it depends and its a wait and see.

Also technically Mannoroth had his part to play and Grom being the first to drink.

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Then why did the very first trailer show Lothar saying they need to stand united as he slams a fist into a table?

I mean if its just a generic line then bleh for generic lines, otherwise it insinuated the alliance.

If he's talking to Khadgar and Garona then he means for them to unite alongside Stormwind.

Plus they haven't shown any other member of the Alliance at all in the trailers.

No Lordaeron, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, Alterac, or Stromgarde.

The only cities we've seen are Stormwind, Ironforge, and Dalaran.

If the Alliance is mentioned at all it'll most likely be at the very end of the movie with the fall of Stormwind, if they'll even do that anyways.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Then I'm pumped if its just the trailer feeling skewed to me! Because that would mean the chance at an Alliance vs Orc movie ala WC II and possibly the in between before Reign of Chaos. And Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne could either be one or two movies. After that I don't know much about the WoW expansions except the ones before Cataclysm.

Although I do find the Lothar x Garona angle a bit. . . weird (Not because I'm in the Khadgar/Garona camp, but I remember Lothar is supposed to be old really so the image is weirder when I think about it)

I'm with ya on the Lothar x Garona ship

But to me it's a minor detail shift from the main Warcraft timeline.

TBH the biggest thing that bothers me is that they made Orgrim into a Frostwolf rather than a Blackrock.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

[member="Darth Vornskr"]

Did they? I saw the other featurettes and I thought they were just friends, I didn't see a mention of him being a Frostwolf.

That is kind of lame, and also they don't show much of Blackrock do they, we see Gul'dan but he's supposed to be the puppeteer for Blackhand.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Darth Vornskr"]

I can't wait to see this movie.

I also cant wait to see Guldan in this movie he's going to be so epic. Plus since Blackhand is in this movie I hope we'll get some good scenes of how he turned Blackhand into his puppet warchief like he did in lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom