Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War to the left of me, Skirmish to the right

Oil stained boots rested heavily on the small round table, attached to the were powerful legs and a grubby looking Mia Monroe, slouched somewhat to compensate for her elevated legs, one hand idly scratched behind the ears of a vornskr hybrid that sat at her side, fidgeting and letting out a small whine whenever her fingers stopped moving, the other nursed a whisky on the rocks while her gaze fixed on the holoscreen above the bar.

It was almost impossible to hear what was being said over the noise of the bustling bar. Here out on the Wheel there was no such thing as a quiet time of day. Still she got the gist of things, and the headlines that filtered beneath the plain looking reporter gave her enough information to conclude the galaxy was sinking deeper into chaos.

"You know something, Shadow, I almost feel like I should be doing something about this." She drained the last of her glass, and slid her boots off the table with a thud and sat up. "And then I remember I stopped caring." Shouts raised behind her as a game of sarlaac turned sour. Fists would fly soon enough. "Stay." she told her companion as her heavy boots carried her to the bar for a refill. The predictable fight erupted in the corner as she reached the bar, distracting the bartender as he hollered insults and demands for money for anything they broke.

Mia took the opportunity in her stride, using the force to pull the bottle of whisky from its resting place, just out of her reach and into her hand. She spotted a booth in the opposite corner to the fight that had been vacated for fear of being victim to a stray glass. She moved towards it releasing a sharp whistle as she did, to call Shadow to her side and settled into her new seat. It granted her a view of the door and the rest of the dark little bar.

Pouring herself another drink, she lifted her boots once more, shadow jumped onto the bench and let out a low growl towards the fight as if daring it to come closer. "Not today, shadow, not today."

[member="Mia Monroe"]

Jack was on the Wheel on a routine stop and fuel mission before he returned to Keldabe and the fold of the Mandalore. this was a favourite haunt and even more so the bar in particular he was in was favourite bar. It was a place he could get away from it all. Forget the Smuggling, the War's , all the responsibility he had.

Here he was no one, until he met someone.

His Jacket was dusty and trousers full of fuel fumes. Hair a mess, and eyes bloodshot from endless leagues of hypserspace travel, combined with no sleep and massive amounts of alchohol. So far he'd been landing lucky guesses as to what the card would be and making bank at it. In his mind he could see them, and he could feel the other guys inclination.

Piles of credits dissipated in a fell scoop as the scuffle broke out at a table next to him. They all turned to look, Jack wiped what was his as well as a few others and ducked out towards the bar, hand on the Besk'ad at his waist. His palm rested on the pommel and he nodded to the woman that was there.

Another spacer he guessed, her attire certainly bespoke it.

"Aye there, what're you drinkin?"

Mia eyes dropped to the beskad at the kids waist and she clicked her tongue. It was nice not to be recognised by people that had once been hers, she'd done a good job of dropping off the radar. Dying and claiming the body of a clone also did wonders to help. She gestured at the bottle, offering him a half smile as she did. "Corellia's finest." she replied bring her own tumbler to her lips. Shadow lifted his head next to her and let out another rumbling growl. "Don't mind him, he's grumpy and missing his girls."

"What news of Manda'yaim?"

[member="Jack Raxis"]

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Jack Raxis"]

Sabrina had changed her body know, it was time to put it to the test. She head off to mandalorian space, where she was going to look for a bar, and find away to be useful to them. She know looked eighteen, and not mark on her. She had some armour, and need to have her old armour remoulded yet, so not to be ever recognised. As she had landed in a town, she seen a bar near by.

Smiled and head in, she saw few people in their no one she recognised though, though she knew their was little chance anyone would recognise her. She head to bar and got herself a brandy and ice, she did not go for corelian as that was more expensive after the planet was practically destroyed. She then sat down on bar stool, and wonder how the day would unfold. This was her first day, or rest of this clones life. She was looking forward to seeing how well she blended in.

[member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Sabrina Kotass"]

Jacks eyebrows raised a little as he took the bottle and poured himself a drink. with a clatter and a thump he sank onto the bar stool and raised the glass to his lips, taking a long swig. She must have been connected somehow. He thought he might have recognized her from the Mando'ade archives, but he was not entirely sure. Still idle conversation wouldn't hurt.

"Mandalore has marched to War against the Republic. Some kind of action at Roche by their leadership to take control turned inside out. Heard they killed old man Rekali's daughter or somethin'. He's none too pleased."

The glass came up again and Jack's complexion reddened. He ran a glove clad hand through his messy hair and continued, face set in stone.

"Kyr'Stad have attacked Keldabe as well as her orbiting stations and mines. The clans are all divided, many Allit'Buir missing, including the Mandalore. To be short, it's a hell of a mess."

She looked at them, and then with a smile she said "​May be we should get over there and do our bit?"
It was more a rhetorical question, than an actual one, as they have to set of soon, and they only just started drinking.
Would that be bad form, or would be great idea.
She waited to see what the others did, and she would follow suit.

[member="Sabrina Kotass"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

Jack laughed, letting some of the drink spit through his nostrils. then he cursed, because the sweet liquor set his sinuses on fire. The woman had come from nowhere, so the first task was introductions. It occurred he was being horribly rude and bowed to the two, breaking off with a grin and another slug as he puffed his chest out a bit.

"Names Jack Raxis, forgot to introduce myself."

Then he turned his gaze towards the woman whom had just spoken.

"Do what miss? I've been ripping my hair out, cranking between smugglin' runs and Reservist fleet duties. Right now both skirmishes are over, and the Clans are licking their wounds. Though I could use a fellow pilot for a squadron I’m putting together. If you really wanna serve Mandalore.... Might be place to start."

The corner of Mia's lip curled into a sad smile. She'd no doubt Rekali was 'none too pleased', he was terrifying as a mandalorian alone, never mind a Master of the force. The republic had kicked the hornets nest with no though of the consequences. Still, discord had been brewing between the old alliance since before...well, quite some time. Still, to go to war with the Mandalore missing, that was a whole other kettle of fish. She leant forward, elbows coming to rest on the table, grey eyes fixing intently on the stranger.

"Mand'alors don't go missing. They leave. And clan leaders don't either. What's left has gone to war? Di'kuts, they will destroy what is left without them." She shifted her gaze as a newcomer piped up in the conversation. Her comment made Mia sit back and peer into the amber liquid into her hand. Do her bit. Hadn't she done her bit. She clicked her tongue and looked up. "Mia Monroe." she replied in kind.

"I've not time to help fools who won't listen."

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Sabine Kurtass"] [Sorry for the delay! got caught up in RL]

Sabine nodded as they spoke, mainly as it mean t she could finish her drink, without the need to suddenly dash of to some asteroid. Though the woman was right, after all if it was not the rise of her former associates the one sith, the Mandalorians would have been at war the republic long ago. She remembered [member="Captain Larraq"] aiming nukes at courscant, when she was uncover for the one sith as a member of the red guard. Know the one sith attention has shifted to the rise of new power the galactic alliance, the old wounds seemed very easy to open up. She took sip of her cheaper brandy, and the woman spoke her name, a name she knew. Then again more than one person has the same name in this galaxy, but that would not matter. As the Mandalorians where on verge of a civil war, with the rise of deathwatch attacking mandal motors. She then asked a stupid question, as if to change the mood. ​I don`t suppose their is a duke box in here.

mia never worry about that, I am away this weekend till tuesday

[member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Jack Raxis"], [member="Sabine Kurtass"]

Your average, moderately seedy bar on the biggest gamling station this side of the 'verse? Check. A big holoscreen displaying news of the Galaxy's latest disaster? Check. Folks beating the crap out of each other in the background? Check.

Kaida was, truth be told, indifferent to most of that. A burly bouncer tossed one of the ruffians out of the door after he broke one too many chairs. The newscaster yammered about how #CloneLivesMatter was trending on Fwitter. How fascinating. Her sarix, as the Eldorai called their traditional blade, rested on her waist. Bolt pistol was strapped to her thigh.

Her army boots made little noise on the ground, which was in the process of being worked by a cleaning droid since blood and whiskey stains were not cool. "Monroe", she said laconically upon reaching the Liberator, and the two persons with her, though the latter were unknown to the frost elf.

The woman looked...very different from how she remembered her. Well, truth be told, Kaida had only met her once! Back when Kerrigan had been in coma. Kaida had enough tact or common sense not to draw attention to either fact. Speaking of Kerrigan, she'd had a habit of fangirling about the Mandalorian. It had been cute and sort of annoying. Briefly her eyes fell upon the vornskr hybrid. Coincidentally, Kaida's girlfriend was fond of adopting dangerous pets such as nexu, so she did not bat an eyelash at the sight. "Been a while. Just in time for the latest galactic mess. Nice pet."

Mia looked up at Kaida, catching a soft curse before it passed her lips. No doubt Siobhan would get wind of this little meet and wonder why Mia hadn't called. And she was so enjoying hiding behind the whisky. "Kaida." she replied as frostily as the elf. Not out of dislike, but simply to mirror her own attitude. "Just because I'm visible, doesn't mean I'm here to help clean up. I just happen to like the view."

She returned her attention to the girl next to her and pointed in the far corner. "Over there, nothing too loud, if you don't mind. I like to be able to hear the tankards coming my way before they hit me."

She looked back to Kaida. "What are you doing at this end of the galaxy?"

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Sabine Kurtass"]

[member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Sabine Kurtass"]

Kaida had a working relationship with frostiness, so she didn't mind Monroe's response. It was when people got emotional and nice that she had got problems. "Same. I lost interest in cleaning anything except my own backyard a long time ago," she replied flatly. Pulling up a chair for herself, she sat down. Reaching into a pocket in her leather jacket, she removed a packet and pulled out a cigarette, then lit up. The frost elf took a deep drag.

"You want one? I'm just passing through on the way back home. New home. The Eldorai moved." Well, that was a terribly laconic, deadpan way to describe the fact that they'd gone on an exodus half-away across the Galaxy because an asteroid razed their homeworld. Many had died or been left behind. That had been unpleasant.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Jack Raxis"]

She looked confused as she got told not to put anything on to loud, as she meant to be in a mandalorian bar not an echani one. She then got up and looked at the jukebox, she then flicked through the list of songs, and something looked so right she had to play it. She than sat down and possibly began to annoy other people by humming along with it, as she sipped her cheap knock of brandy. She wonder what they day would hold, as some the best nights out ever started like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom