Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna try SWTOR

Nyxie

【夢狐】
So I'd like to get into SWTOR again. I tried it once but after about 30 minutes, I got bored of the generic, repetitive "kill x this, gather y that" questlining. However, I'd like to give it another, more solid go.

Worth? Not worth? Anyone want to help or play with me? Suggested servers? Free handouts xD?

PS: I'll only do a PVP server. I'm a die-hard PVP gamer. :p

The way I see it, SWTOR pretty much is your generic WoW type MMORPG. It isn't for everyone. Frankly, I agree, the grinding part gets really old and boring very fast. What I love about SWTOR is the class quests, which are basically the KOTOR part of the game, showing off Bioware's amazing story-telling in the game. If you're patient enough to sit through the side quests to get the experience, great.

I play on Jung Ma, because I like both RP and PVP. Got a level 42(?) Sith Jugg and a 25(?) Scoundrel. My two favorite classes.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Literally the only reason I'm even giving it another shot is because I wanna relive some of that BioWare goodness, lol. So in a sense, I'm playing this MMO for the singleplayer story? xD

Also the customization of characters looked pretty cool for an MMO.

Sha'so

Looking for freedom...
There's a lot of faults with the game. Like many MMO's it's grindy, doesn't have a buff/debuff class (god, I miss COH for that!), there's weird bugs because it's kind of an older game, and I feel like the dev team doesn't really listen to what the community wants. and the money sinks... *cringe*

But all games have flaws. I think gaming isn't about the perfect game, it's about appreciating the elements you do like. I've enjoyed the story lines so much. Even the grindy side quests have conversations involved, and some of them are pretty funny! It does annoy me that often times what the characters say doesn't always correspond to the conversation choice you picked, and I REALLY wish there was an option for sarcasm, but some of it has been quite priceless and for me it's all been worth it. I mean, how many games are there out there where you can try to feed your enemies to your companion? (Sith Inquisitor companion Khem Val eats Force users!)

I like the customization options. I'm a multitasker/micromanager, so I LOVE the crafting abilities, I try to reverse engineer EVERYTHING, lol. But knowing that one of my toons has the cybertech skill and can craft all the armor and mods i need so I don't have to waste commendations buying them is really awesome. Then with the legacy storage, I can have my biochem toon make a bunch of medpacks and store them so I don't have to buy those either. Some people would say that's all just more grind, but I like it.

[member="Nyxie"]
Pay either a subscription or the 60 day amount.

Right now there's a 12x class story xp bonus. You can literally do only your class stories and nothing else and finish the game.

Currently I have done 4 class stories in about 2.5 months by this method. It's fun, easy and makes the game so, so much better.

Sha'so

Looking for freedom...
Valiens Nantaris said:
Right now there's a 12x class story xp bonus. You can literally do only your class stories and nothing else and finish the game.
lol, I was wondering why I was leveling up so fast! How long is this XP bonus going on?

[member="Sha'do"]
Until the expansion comes out in October.

It's a very clever way for them to get people subscribed before the expansion so they finish the old stories before the new one returns.

It worked on me.

It's also flat out easy now. My Bounty Hunter is level 31 when her missions are level 24. That's just by doing class missions with a 25% xp boost and one other mission for each area.
You get 12 basic commendations for each class mission too on average so you can get a full set of cheap orange armour as soon as you get to the fleet for you and your companion and go the entire game on those alone.

With my Consular and Agent I died once levels 1-55, with my Smuggler, not even once.

Contrast with last year when my tank Knight and Warrior died many times without this boost.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
I believe I was on Ebon Hawk from the beta onwards and still around. It has been a mixed bag. I think because I spent for the premium edition version with the "elite gear" and stuff for the preorder and have at the beginning of the game and then you realize that there is superior stuff. But I have played off an on with expansions and there is always a nice glimmer of hope with it for what could have been cool. THen you have to go back to grinding or dealing with annoying people in your group.

Sha'so

Looking for freedom...
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
I'm halfway through the Consular and Knight stories, so I'll probably finish one of those first. I'm interested in the Bounty Hunter story too. Actually, they're all pretty good. I'll just work through them one by one ^_^

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I will probably go make a legacy Chiss Sentinel, and just be content with that forever. :3

Especially since I particularly hate rolling class archetypes I just don't play. I almost never play tanks, I rarely play squishies and usually I'm prone to play ranged DPS or bruiser.

Maybe I'll make a Jedi Shadow down the line too, and a Sith Sorcerer just to check out the other side of things.

Vanguard/Powertech are ridiculously hard to kill if you have a healer to back you up.

But the most surprisingly awesome is the sniper/gunslinger. Since the AI rarely faces you with strong melee enemies, you can sit in cover, have your companion taunt them and mow them down with totally overpowered DPS.

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

That makes me want to get back in and try advancing my Sith Warrior. I stalled on one of the class missions (can't recall the name, have to take out your master's rival).

[member="Captain Jordan"]
<_< It happens a lot so I won't suggest it because spoilers.

But yeah, things are much easier now.

Also, doing Rise of the Hutt Cartel at level 47 allows you to jump to 55 before taking on the final boss.

Stomping on said final boss with level 55 gear is just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom