Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanderers

Kat's Cantina
Ravelin, Bastion

This wasn't one of Ravelin's prettiest sectors, to say the least. The slums were worse, that much was easy enough to conclude, but there was little else to say to make it sound any more appealing. If one had business here, they would look to handle it as quickly as possible and leave again but despite that there was one cantina that seemed to do well enough to make itself look presentable inbetween the dirty streets and unfortunate souls. It was a safe haven for some, a temporary distraction from their plight and struggle for others, and a sight for sore eyes for all who would come across it.

The cantina stood in stark contrast with its surroundings, but nothing painted that picture clearer than the alleyway right next to it. It presented the grisly scene of a homeless man with deep bite marks on his neck, laying in an oddly small pool of his own blood. There was no sign of the culprit, nor was it easy to even figure out what did it. It was no ordinary humanoid, yet for an animal that would have to be roaming the area to be large enough to reach the neck to have done it there was much doubt to be had as well. The ragged coat on his body seemed to have been used to wipe off blood, but there was not much in the way of staining to speak of.

Inside the cantina, a woman by the name of Asha Mataya had just taken one of the stools at the bar. The crowd was a lively one, cheerful laughter and and the sound of drinking glasses colliding with each other filled the place while people were gambling, sharing stories, or just drinking away the night. With a half-wave Asha caught the attention of the woman behind the bar, who she assumed to be Kat, and after pouring a drink into the glass of another patron she made her way over.

"Red wine, please. If you have multiple choices, surprise me." While her chin rested on the palm of her hand, her elbow resting on the bartop, her curled-up fingers obscured most of her mouth from sight. A nod from the bartender later a glass was placed in front of her, and not much later a bottle was taken out so that some of its contents could be poured into it. Asha gave her a smile before tossing a small pile of credits onto the bar, taking the glass in her left hand, and taking a good sip that thoroughly washed through her mouth before swallowing it down. "Keep the change," she then told Kat, who seemed to take no issue with the extra bit of income.

The credits she had been able to take along with her while leaving her old home for the final time would last her for a good while, anyway. Even if she was immune to the alcohol and the wine itself could provide no satiation, it at least had a nice taste to it. She had tasted better, much better, but the freedom that came with this glass was more than worth it.

[member="Safina"]

Safina wasn’t a stranger to Bastion - no less a stranger to this particular sector of Ravelin. During her travels she had found herself here more often than not - on both sides, light and dark. What Safina liked about this area was the ease for her to slip into the background, going mostly unnoticed. She preferred to watch citizens and travelers alike, guess their stories instead of being in the spotlight.

It was easy for her to slip into the shadows. Darkened streets illuminated just barely by dim street lights, the heels of her boots barely a whisper against stone, the sound drowned out by the sounds of loud cantina goers and drunk patrons roaming the streets.

Unbeknownst to her lay a gruesome scene in the alley she had just passed, dark crimson seeping into cracks of concrete leaving behind it’s memory, even after the body was taken away and the scene cleaned up.

Stepping up to the door, Safina walked in and was immediately hit with the noise - loud and full of joy before her mind settled it into a nice hum. Once at the bar she settled herself on a bar stool, ordering a mixed drink - something full of a various mixture of harder liquors, and just what she needed for the night.

After passing the woman behind the bar the credits due she took her drink. Taking a sip, Safina pushed a few strands of her dark hair behind her ear, eyes roaming as she settled into what she did best during nights like these.

In the corner of her eye, light hair caught her attention, brown eyes shifting in that direction as she took in the woman. She was was beautiful, no doubt about that - perhaps a bit rough around the edges and shrouded in mystery. A glass of wine in her hand, Safina wondered if that was her first choice of drink. The woman in question sat a few seats down from her, close enough to talk but not so close that it was invading personal space.

Safina’s lips lifted up into a small smirk - she wasn't looking for company that night, but she couldn't help her curiosity.

Her voice came out, soft and alluring she questioned the woman with a hint of amusement dancing behind her eyes.

“Rough night?”

[member="Asha Thrune"]

As nice as being on her own for a little while had been to get some room to breathe, the feeling had begun to slowly turn into isolation. Asha wasn't one for extended periods of time in solitude, which had turned in one of the major reasons she had decided to start trading out the quiet places to stay for the night for the more lively establishments. That decision was what had led her to this cantina and so far she hadn't regretted it. The buzzing of chatter creating a comfortable background noise and the lack of inquisitive eyes from people who had noticed something off about her made it so she could finally let her guard down for a spell. It wasn't completely like old times, though. The dim lights were easy enough on the eyes, although they weren't pleasant anymore like they used to be, and the feeling of alcohol starting to hit your system remained missing.

Asha wouldn't have to relegate herself to only watching the conversations pass by, though. A voice brushed against her left ear, seemingly aimed at grabbing her attention. It sounded inviting, a bit tempting even, something she was unable to ignore. With her drink still in hand, the woman tilted her head towards the voice to find out what its source was. She laid her eyes upon a woman with raven black hair and a facial expression that fit her voice seamlessly. She had to admit to herself that there was something alluring about her, but was unable to place why that was. Perhaps she would be able to find out somehow.

"I've had worse, but it could've started better to say the least. Now that I'm here, though," Asha replied, raising her glass just slightly to draw the stranger's attention to it, "it is once again being proven to me cantinas really can work wonders sometimes." What was meant by that was up to her conversation partner to decide. "I hope your night has been better though." She brought up the glass to her lips, then took another sip of her wine.

"Don't think I caught your name."

[member="Safina"]

If someone were to ask Safina what she was doing, making conversation with a random - albeit striking woman within the cantina, when she usually preferred going unnoticed, she wouldn’t have an answer. Her mouth had opened of its own accord, words dripping past full lips before she could fully process what she was doing. By then, if she had wanted to change her mind, it was too late and truly, what harm could come from it.

Safina could do with socializing every once in a while.

The woman answered her question honestly, though Safina could tell something was there, just below the surface. It called to her, making its presence known without screaming in her face. Safina had to wonder if that was the reason she had found solace within the cantina, within her drink that night.

Raising her glass slightly, a nod of her head following - Safina could drink to that. She was no stranger to avoiding her problems, instead putting herself in situations such as this, if that was indeed what her companion was doing. It was speculation of course, answers she wouldn’t have unless this were to continue.

Safina decided then that she was going to do her best to figure her out.

Before she could think more on anything, the light haired woman's voice rang out once more, Safina’s eyes focusing on her.

"Don't think I caught your name."

A chuckle had escaped her then, looking down towards her drink before dark eyes lifted. A smirk pulled at her lips, eyebrow raised as she answered the woman, tone teasing.

“That would be because I hadn’t given it.”

Clearing her throat, Safina shifted so she was facing the woman fully, making it clear her attention was focused on her in that moment.

“My name is Safina. Lovely to meet you.” A wink followed then, amusement dancing clearly behind her eyes.

“And who might you be?”

[member="Asha Mataya"]

The woman had a certain cheekiness about her, which Asha couldn't help but appreciate. It had been too long since she had been able to have a more lighthearted conversation with someone, so although it caught her off-guard somewhat, causing her to let out a chuckle of her own, that was a positive thing. She saw the black-haired woman shift on her seat to face her, a move that was mirrored by herself while keeping her drink in hand. The unknown that bubbled beneath the surface remained a tempting force that asked her to unravel its mystery. She had always felt it around her, but muted and so far into the background until now. It was a lot more present around the stranger somehow and opened her eyes to something she had never noticed before.

For now, however, Asha was more than content with just the company. The woman introduced herself as Safina, which Asha then quietly rolled off her tongue while unable to smile somewhat nervously due to the wink that was sent her way. "Safina..." With a nod she had decided the name was a beautiful one. "The pleasure is all mine. Name's Asha. Asha Mataya."

Using that last name again felt good.

"May I ask what brings you to this place?" Asha herself hadn't been too transparent about that herself, that much she realized, but she felt it was a better idea to get a feeling for how much she would be able to share without it backfiring on her. Most people she had met in her time as a sanguinius vampirika weren't particularly accepting of her 'condition'. It was understandable, she was given another stark reminder why that was just now, but the urge for sustenance that caused what happened was simply unable to be controlled if it became too strong. She hoped she could find a non-lethal way to satisfy the hunger somehow.

While the two conversed, three men would enter the cantina. It wasn't very difficult to figure out they were looking for something or someone and taking into account the blasters they carried it was likely their target would not want to be found. They didn't immediately move towards the bar, deciding to investigate the busier parts of the establishment first.

[member="Safina"]

Asha Mataya.

The name rolled through Safina’s mind, like a wave during high tide, settling itself within the crevices of her brain - ensuring she wouldn’t forget it.

At least, not for a very long time.

The two women seemed to be settling into each other's company more as time passed. Whether it was the small relaxation of shoulders, or less sips of drink between words, they were warming up to each other. No matter this though, Safina could tell she made Asha slightly anxious, and she had just hoped it wasn’t because she was putting her in an uncomfortable position.

Offering her a warm smile, in hopes it would help the blonde relax, Safina pondered her answer before she spoke aloud. What brought her here? Honestly, it was on a whim, a place where she had hoped to disappear within a crowd and watch silent from the sidelines. A quiet night, where no one knew her name, or cared to inquire about her.

Obviously, her night had already gone far, far different.

Safina, found herself not minding though. With a small shrug of her shoulders, her answer, while not 100% truthful, wasn’t exactly a lie either.

“I needed the distraction. Sometimes just like to drown in the noise and not think for a while. Y’know?” A sip of her drink followed, before she continued.

“What about yourself?”

Out of the corner of her eye, Safina caught movement at the entrance of the cantina. Shifting subtly in her chair so she could get a better look, Saf felt a lump in her throat begin to form. Three men, muscular and very much there for a reason, that was obvious - were surveying the place. She had immediately felt her defences go up, even though logically she knew they weren’t there for her.

Safina hadn’t done anything, at least - not in a couple weeks. But it made her question, if her defences were up so immediately, did it have something to do with her companion? If so, what would she do?

Kark, she could be overthinking the whole thing entirely - and they could be there for something else. But no matter what Saf did, she couldn’t shake the feeling she’d find herself dealing with these three one way or another that night.

Instead, she focuses her eyes back on Asha, doing her best to not alert her of the three newcomers.

[member="Asha Mataya"]​

As the two settled into the conversation, the slight jitters Asha still had from what had happened before walking into the cantina began to fade away. She had checked and concluded that her clothes were still clean after the short-lived struggle she had to go through and honestly wanted to forget, apart from a few small red stains on the inner left leg of her jeans that were barely noticeable and the less-than-agreeable mood she had before that had also improved. She felt like she could think clearly again. Although the men were definitely looking for someone, the woman was almost certain nobody had seen her do anything.

"Mhm. Life gets too quiet sometimes, and places like this are the perfect remedy," Asha responded while Safina took a sip of her drink. She could relate to that feeling- it was something she struggled with during her time as a Syrush. She would unconciously cut herself off from the rest of the galaxy and live for her work, doing barely anything else for weeks on end. Seeing the fruits of that labor was satisfying, but it hadn't been particularly kind on her psyche. Now, she often actively told herself to avoid letting her own world shrink to that tiny size so that wouldn't happen again.

When the question Asha had asked was sent back to her, she went to take a sip from her drink to mask the fact she needed a moment to think of an answer that wasn't a lie, but wouldn't complicate things either. She looked at her glass after putting it back down until she swallowed, then looked back at Safina. "I got in a fight. I know, I don't look like I did but that's mostly due to luck. A quick sucker punch saved me a lot of trouble and I got out of the situation as quickly as I could." In actuality she had struck from behind, but it seemed like a bad idea to tell her that. "So I decided to get myself a drink to calm back down."

From the corner of her eye Asha could see one of the three men who had walked into the cantina not too long ago look at her with a bit too suspicious of a look. A slight tinge of tension shot through her system, which only got worse when she called out to his compatriots. When they began to make their approach to the bar, their line of sight quite fixated on her and Safina, seeing how they were talking to each other, she realized she was in trouble. To make matters worse, it seemed she had unkowingly dragged the black-haired woman into it as well. While they were still far enough away to be out of eashot, she looked directly in Safina's eyes to make it clear she was serious.

"Speaking of said fight, I think they saw what happened and I don't think they are going to let me off the hook. I think I accidently dragged you into this as well now, too." The look in her eyes showed she was sorry, even if that changed nothing. "Think you can dodge them and get to the exit? I think I know a place we can lay low, granted we can shake them first." Her head tilted slightly to look towards the door. "I know this came out of nowhere, but we have to go."

[member="Safina"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom