Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waking Up in the Morning... [Isley Verd, Phoebe Draclau]

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
Adela had the vague impression of a peculiar warmth as awareness poked at her brain.

Yawning hugely, Adela blinked her eyes open -
Ow! Ow! OWWWWWWWW!
- and dove back underneath the sheets, burying her head underneath the pillow with a shriek of pain. "Mummy! Daddy!" She wailed, curling up into a ball. Ow. Ow. Ow-w-w-w-w....

As Del's brain slowly returned to normal, her brain scrambled to make sense of what had happened. Where am I? What happened? Did I have an accident? Where's Mummy and Daddy? Her mind was whirling as she tried to figure out what exactly happened. Then she made the mistake of poking her head out of the covers and getting her retinas seared again. "Oww..." She complained, squeezing her eyes closed against the glaringly harsh lights. "Can somebody turn off the sun, please?"

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Phoebe Draclau"]

Subject 00108.

For many months, the Mandalorian had known the child that laid before his eyes by that sequence of letters and numbers. One of many who had been grown within the cloning tanks of Kamino. One hundred and seven times had he tried and failed. One hundred and seven times, his hopes had been raised; and subsequently destroyed by clone madness, malformities, or sheer "bad luck". Now, after so many tries...Adela was born. She was free of malformities, seemingly free of the madness which gripped the efforts before her...She was everything that Isley had hoped and prayed for. Now, only seventy two hours after her emergence from her cloning tank, she was sleighted to awaken; and as such the Mandalorian was right there by her side.

Each second was an eternity and his heart drummed away in anticipation. The medical droids tended to her carefully, weaning her off of the medications that kept her in a comatose state. Though she was very young biologically, she had the appearance of a child no older than nine years of age. She was the solution to the problem that Isley learned he had; one that crushed his hopes and annihilated his pride. Due to this, he wanted her to have a normal life...and had the cloners incorporate artificial memories into her mind. Adela Verd would recall her Name Day celebrations and running around the halls of Castle Ne'tra. Hell, she'd even know the notable movers and shakers of the CIS; as if she grew up sitting on her papa's lap whilst he worked in the office on Bothawui.

Now, after the medical droids backed away, Isley leaned forward. Though beskar-clad, his helmet was upon the bedside desk, and his eyes gazed down upon her; concern brimming in their brown depths. Then, she came to life. She called out for him and @[member="Phoebe Draclau"], and he had to fight the lump in his throat. "I'm here Adela, Papa's here." he said, reaching out a hand towards the windows. Through the force, he closed the blinds, allowing her to see better. He then did the same with the lights in the hospital room; dimming them with but a turn of the dial through a telekinetic touch. "You had an accident sweetie, but you're alright..." he said, pulling down the sheet so that he could plant a kiss upon her brow. "How're you feeling?"

@[member="Adela Verd"].

Dorano1

(The transformation from badass Sith to caring father... xD)

Adela poked her head out from under the pillow, hazel eyes round and confused. "Accident?" She repeated, tilting her head to one side in the manner of a curious child. Which, in a sense, she was. She blinked sleep out of her eyes. "What h-h-h-happened?" She asked, yawning hugely. "Where's mummy?" She added, shaking her head to clear the fog from her brain.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

It was heartbreaking when they found that they couldn't have children of their own. She knew it hurt Isley that he couldn't give Phoebe the daughter he had promised when he proposed. She had always promised him it would be alright, that they could adopt. He however found a different solution to their problem. One which finally had worked.

She had watched for months as he had tried over and over again as he tried to make them a daughter. It was failure after failure each one heart wrenching until now.

Phoebe had to hold back tears as she heard little Adela call out for her mommy and daddy. It was even more touching to see Isley rushing towards her. He was already a sweet and caring father.

"Mommy is right here sweetie," Phoebe stepped closer and reached for Adela's hand to hold. "You fell and bumped your head but you'll be back up and running around the castle in no time," she smiled.

@[member="Adela Verd"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

Dorano1

"Mummy!" The little girl called, reaching out a hand to her mother. Adela brightened at the mention of Castle Ne'tra as she sat up fully, before she frowned thoughtfully. "Wait, where am I now?" She asked, looking around, not recognizing the room, before turning back to her parents. Her mind was whirling in confusion. My head doesn't...does it hurt? I don't know... She quickly decided that her head did hurt, because her head didn't feel normal by a long shot.

@[member="Phoebe Draclau"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

(Just wait until someone karks with Adela, mwahahaha)

The Mandalorian leaned over his only child and placed a kiss upon her brow, then gave her a warm, reassuring smile. "You fell down the stairs and bumped your head...I didn't want to risk anything, so I took you to Kamino. Best doctors in the Galaxy, y'know?" he then settled into the chair at her bedside and took Del's hand in his, planting a playful kiss upon her fingertips. "The doctors patched you up perfectly, not even a scar princess. Are you feeling okay?"

@[member="Adela Verd"].

It was rather heartwarming to see him so warm and gentle with their daughter. It wasn't often even she saw him like this but he really had warmed up her already and so had she. Her little girl whom she would do anything for.

She looked and sounded like she was doing fine. Phoebe wanted nothing more to whisk her back home to the castle where she belonged. She had spent a lot of time decorating the perfect room for her little one.

Gently she sat on the edge of her child's bed. She wasn't leaving until she knew that she was ok. "Can I get you anything?"

Dorano1

Del grinned at her father and gave him a hug, then sat back, contemplating his question with her lower lip jutted out in thought. "I'm fine. But my head feels weird. But it doesn't hurt. It just feels weird." She explained - or tried to - as she frowned in frustration as she tried to make sense of it. Eventually, she just gave up and stared at her parents, hoping for an explanation.

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Phoebe Draclau"]

Her glance turned to her husband for a brief moment before turning back to her daughter. She wasn't exactly sure what to tell her. "Weird? How weird? Like fuzzy? Are you having trouble remembering things?" Phoebe couldn't help but be worried about the well being of her daughter. Gently one of her hands went to rest on Del's leg. She hoped the weirdness would pass.

Dorano1

Adela shook her head in response. "No, not fuzzy...just...I don't know!" She cried out suddenly, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration, then drawing her knees up to her chest in a fair representation of a sulking young child when feels they have been slighted but don't know exactly how.
"It just feels weird." She muttered defensively, face growing hot.

"Well," said the Mandalorian in a calming tone, "the doctors did just take you off of some serious medication sweetie. Feeling a little bit weird is perfectly normal...Now then, since you're up and about, what would you like to do today? We can go anywhere and do anything; I've cleared my entire schedule just for you." This was, more or less, Adela's birthday and Isley was determined to make it special.

@[member="Adela Verd"].

Phoebe was just worried about Adela as she wasn't exactly sure how this whole cloning business worked. She just wanted her little girl to be heathy and happy that was all. She did relax a little as she saw Isley didn't seem too concerned. Perhaps the fuzzy weird feeling would go away eventually. "My schedule is clear as well. We can spend the whole day together as a family doing whatever it is you want." She did want to get Adela a present too but that would be later when she found out what it is she wanted. Phoebe would get her whatever she wanted.

@[member="Darth Metus"] @[member="Adela Verd"]

Dorano1

Del perked up at the mention of a free day with her parents. A delighted grin spread across the little girl's face. "I wanna see Kuhm-no!" She said happily, although she absolutely butchered the pronunciation of the planet. "Can we?" She asked hopefully, eyes cutting from her mummy to her daddy. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?" She added, clasping her hands together under her chin.

"Of course we can sweetie." he replied, leaning forward to plan a kiss upon her brow. "Afterwards, I think a shopping trip is in order. You and your mother can pick out all the outfits you'd ever want." With that said, Isley stood tall and replaced his helmet. "Well, c'mon princess, let's go exploring."

@[member="Adela Verd"], @[member="Phoebe Verd"].

Getting up she reached for her daughter's hand in order to help her out of the bed. A day of family fun was definitely in order and of course shopping. "Outfits and anything else you want. After shopping we can even go out and get ice cream if you would like," she smiled. Nothing but the best would do for her little angel. She wanted nothing but the best for her.

Dorano1

Del was practically bouncing up and down with excitement - especially at the mention of ice cream. "Yes!" She agreed enthusiastically, although she was wondering how she'd know what outfits to pick out - she's always been quite hopeless in that department.

Bounding out of the hospital bed, she went to go running off but paused uncertainly - the unfamiliar planet was unfamiliar and she had no idea where in feth's name she was supposed to go. Language. She admonished herself.

@[member="Phoebe Verd"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

"Well, if you'd like," began the Mandalorian as he followed his little one to the door, "we can start by...bugging the Dread Guard. A few of the boys should still be here and I'm sure they'd love to meet you." Upon reaching her side, Isley reached out and plucked her into his arms, giving her a slight hug before carrying her upon his left arm. Sure, she'd probably want to run around all independent like a "big girl", but this was Isley's first and only child...he was going to enjoy the kark outta having a little princess as long as he could. "What do you think?"

@[member="Adela Verd"].

Phoebe couldn't help but smile as she watched her little girl jump out of bed at the prospect of ice cream and a day out no doubt. At her age Phoebe would have done anything to hang out with her family. Phoebe was going to make sure her little one had everything she could even want and more. "Don't worry about the shopping bit I'll help you pick out everything you need or want.

"You will like the Dread Guard they are quite funny," she stated following after them. She often got ridiculous communications from them while in battle. They would love to meet Del, who wouldn't?

Dorano1

"Yes!" Del agreed happily, looping her arms around her father's neck and resting her head on his left shoulder. "Let's go see the Dread Guard." She clarified, just in case her mummy and daddy didn't understand what she was saying 'yes' to. It never hurt to be extra-clear, when you were dealing with adults. They never seemed to understand exactly what you meant unless you said so, and then sometimes they got mad, even though they say to always tell the truth.

The galaxy was a confusing place.

@[member="Phoebe Verd"] @[member="Darth Metus"]

Chuckling, the Mandalorian placed an affectionate kiss upon his daughter's brow and exited the room; ecstatic that he was finally able to call himself a father. Upon entering the main corridor, he shuffled his princess from one arm to the other so that he might send the Dread Guard a message over comm. They, being brothers in more than one sense, knew of his "plight" and that he had been trying to rectify his own shortcomings for awhile. Now it was time for them all to celebrate together, and to welcome a new member of the family. "@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"], @[member="Galaar CC-252"], you guys in? Adela is awake and wants to see you!"

@[member="Adela Verd"], @[member="Phoebe Verd"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom