Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting in the cantina

Calo Thelkar

Up for anything. Almost...
Calo wrinkled his nose slightly as he wandered into the cantina and glanced around, one hand gently feeling under his large coat for the blaster pistol by his side. Keeping his head down, he made his way to the bar and slid onto a stool. Once he had the bartender's attention, he placed his last 2 credits on the bar and snuck another quick glance around the cantina as he waited for his drink.

Adenn Gra'tua had been sitting in a cantina booth for some time now with his legs propped up on the table. He looked around the cantina, with his helmets 360 degree vision, so he would not attract any unwanted attention. He spotted a trandoshan. Some humans and other lowlifes. He spotted some other bounty hunters who looked like this was their second or third bounty. He took his feet from the table and stood up to walk over to the bounty sheet. He walked past the group of bounty hunters and started looking through the bounties. A man who started a shootout was one. Another was a infamous sniper who kept killing civilians. They all weren't worth taking. There was one though he almost passed up. One that payed very well. It was on a human female who had been stealing high value items from jewelry stores. She was considered highly dangerous and was wanted alive for 60,000 credits "I'll tackle this one later" he said while downloading the bounty information. When he fineshed he returned to his seat and ordered another drink.

@[member="Calo Thelkar"]

Calo Thelkar

Although Calo often felt nervous in such company as what was gathered in the cantina, he reminded himself he was here for a reason. When his drink came he took a small gulp from it, unable to stop his nose wrinkling at the taste, and looked around until he spotted the bounty sheet. Slipping off his stool, he quietly began moving towards it, waiting until the Mandalorian had moved away from it before going to study it, trying not to draw attention to himself from any of the bounty hunters gathered nearby.

@[member="Adenn"]

Benjamin Tives

B
ben stood at the bar. evan with his long coat, to a trained eye his military stance was obvious.
he sipped his drink and glanced out of the corner of his eye the boy looking at the bounty bored. Ben had been no older when he joined the army but he still thought the kid looked to young to be a bounty hunter.
he walked over to the boy and stood behind him. ben didn't look at the kid, instead looking at the bored as he spoke "so what brings you to such a dangerous place as this?"

@[member="Calo Thelkar"] @[member="Adenn"]

Calo Thelkar

Calo jumped as he heard someone speak behind him and he spun round, looking up at the stranger nervously. "I was looking for something..." he muttered, a hand fumbling beneath his coat to find his blaster gun.

@[member="Benjamin Tives"] @[member="Adenn"]

Kruk Longstar

Detached Mandalorian
Kruk strides into the cantina, scouting around the room for the barman, and once seen makes his way over. "I'll take.... the strongest drink you have." Kruk demands, paying the barman once he receives his beverage.
Now sipping his drink he examines the room once more, and out of the corner of his eye notices an all Bith band playing. He soon makes his way over, sipping his drink along the way. "Y-y-you t-take annnny requests?" Kruk
stammers in a mildly drunk tone. Upon receiving confirmation they do, he requests his favorite tune, and tips the musicians. He soon finds a seat nearby, enjoying both the drink and song of the cantina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWO5Ai_a80M

Benjamin Tives

B
Ben out of instinct more then anything else, moved his wait to his back foot as the kid turned around. "whow, calm down kid" the boy was a little jumpy and by the way he fumbles under the folds of his coat, clearly armed. "looking for something haa. this is a good place for looking for things, maybe not the best place to find them. and defiantly a bad place to do anything with that" ben eyes the spot on @[member="Calo Thelkar"] coat that covered his blaster "this place is the last place you want to pull out a blaster". he looked around at the people drinking, then the drunk harassing the band and then to the mandalorian facing away from them and apparently looking at nothing in particular. ben had never fought a mandalorian but he remembered the lesions he had been taught at the academy. if a mandalorian is wearing his helmet and not looking at anything, he is most likely looking at you.

@[member="Kruk Longstar"] @[member="Calo Thelkar"] @Adenn

Calo Thelkar

Calo glanced around the cantina again before finally deciding the stranger was probably right. Moving both hands out into the open, he gave a small shrug and humbly looked up at @[member="Benjamin Tives"] as he spoke. "Sorry... I've never been in here before. And people said it can be dangerous in here sometimes, so I thought I should come prepared. Just in case."

Benjamin Tives

B
Ben smiled "oh and they are right, very dangerous" he turned and started walking over to a booth "come on kid" he sat and gestured for @[member="Calo Thelkar"] to sit "you look a little out of your depth. so WHO are you looking for" Ben emphasised the who, no one looks at the bounty bord if they are looking for something, they look at the bounty bored if they are looking for someone.

Ben had to get back to the ship but he wanted to help the boy first. he sat there with a questioning look on his face

Calo Thelkar

Calo slid into the booth, sitting opposite the stranger and sighed quietly at the question. "My parents..." He looked down at the floor, tapping his foot nervously. "I was looking for my parents. But they weren't on the list so I guess I'll have to keep looking."

@Ben Tives

Benjamin Tives

B
"your were looking for your parents on wanted posters?" ben didnt know who this kid was but he had clearly been through a lot. stretching out a hand he smiles warmly "well im Benjamin Tives, but everyone calls me Ben"

Ben looked into the eyes of the young man opposite him. he had to be back with the fleet in 2 weeks and he was meant to be gathering ammunition and food, but his men hadn't had any real time off since the fall of Bastion. his men might disagree but Ben had already decided he was going to help the boy. at least till they had to get back to the fleet.

"so where do you plan to go now? i might be able to help you out"

@[member="Calo Thelkar"]

Calo Thelkar

Calo looked at Ben and shook his hand quickly. "I'm Calo. Calo Thelkar." His eyes widened slightly as he heard the offer for help and he shrugged, stammering in his gratefulness. "I-I don't really know where to go next... M-my parents just...disappeared one day..." He studied Ben for a moment. "Y-you don't happen to know where I could get on a ship...do you?" Judging by the man's appearence and posture, it was obvious to Calo that Ben was a soldier of some kind; if he was serious about his offer of help, he must know of at least one ship Calo could stow away on...

@[member="Benjamin Tives"]

Adenn watched the two men by the bounty sheet talk when one of them reached in his coat. Adenn put his hand on his blaster, just in case. When the man took his hand out of the coat Adenn relaxed. He watched both the men make their way to a booth. Adenn continued to watch them. Not that if they attacked he couldn't handle it. Or escape. He glanced away for a moment spotting someone in Mandalorian armor. He was drunk. Adenn redirected his attention to the two men in the booth watching them.

@[member="Calo Thelkar"]@[member="Benjamin Tives"]@[member="Kruk Longstar"]

Calo Thelkar

Calo felt a shiver run up his spine as he sensed someone watching him as he talked with Ben. Casting a quick look around the cantina, Calo saw the Mandalorian who had been looking at the bounty sheets earlier and he shivered again. He didn't know much about the Mandalorians and that alone made him inherently nervous. For reassurance, Calo (almost subconciously) slipped a hand back inside his coat and gripped his blaster tightly, keeping his eyes on the Mandalorian.

@[member="Adenn"] @[member="Benjamin Tives"]

Benjamin Tives

B
"hey kid.. ked" ben tried to draw @[member="Calo Thelkar"] attention back to him. he leant forwards and whispered "look at me. dont worry about the him, he has been watching us since we started talking. and what did i say about the blaster" the soldier sat up straight "i have access to a ship. you could tag along if you wanted to"

Tives glanced over at the mandalorian. he held his composure but the mandalorian was starting to get to him. who was this guy and why was he watching them.

@[member="Adenn"] @[member="Kruk Longstar"]

Calo Thelkar

Calo reluctantly loosened his grip on the blaster but kept his hand inside his coat, just in case. He slowly moved his gaze from the Mandalorian and back to Ben, his eyes widening as he listened to the offer. "You can get me on a ship?" A small smile appeared on his face at the thought.

@[member="Benjamin Tives"] @[member="Adenn"]

As Adenn continued to watch the two talk. One of them looked at him a put his hand back in his coat "don't do it" Adenn said. He relized that the other man was looking at him too. Adenn turned away, not wanting to attract any attention. "Why dot you two stop staring" Adenn said, not aloud though. Adenn put his helmet back on and continued to watch the two in his helmets 360 degree vision.

@[member="Calo Thelkar"]@[member="Benjamin Tives"]

Calo Thelkar

Calo gently started nibbling his bottom lip as he tried to ignore the odd prickling sensation on the back of his neck. He had never been particularly comfortable with the idea of being watched, so he was relieved when he snuck another glance at the Mandalorian to see him turned away and with his helmet on. But he still sensed he was being watched, and Calo kept his hand resting on his blaster. 'Just in case,' he thought to himself.

@[member="Adenn"] @[member="Benjamin Tives"]

Benjamin Tives

B
Ben looked at the boy "i have a ship and you could jump abort for a time. we are going to CIS space for a few weeks, then back to Sith space. we should be able to drop you off on any world on the way."

ben glanced at the mandalorian. he knew the mandalrian was still watching them through the back of that helmet of his and Ben wanted to get out of this place before something happened. "i should head off. i have some stuff to do. when and if your ready, go to the space port, bay 112."
ben stod up and prepared to leave

@[member="Calo Thelkar"] @[member="Adenn"]

Adenn watched @[member="Benjamin Tives"] get up. He was leaving Adenn knew it. And he was going to take @[member="Calo Thelkar"] with him. Adenn stood up and approached the two "excuse me, but I'm sure that you're not going to smuggle him to wherever he needs to go?" Adenn turned so that his right side was away from them. Adenn didn't like smugglers at all.

(OOC: by the way please don't make it that you're person knows whatever my guy is doing just because it is in the post. Make it that you're guy doesn't know some stuff. It makes the thread more interesting @[member="Benjamin Tives"])

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom